Community > Posts By > GreenEyes48

GreenEyes48's photo
Tue 11/13/12 05:43 AM
mg1959...I hope you stick around too...Sometimes I post on another forum. A lot of bickering and "bashing" goes on in the political section of the other forum too. But it is a little bit more balanced...Some people do come together and discuss issues minus all the "heated emotions" and anger and snide remarks etc...I don't think it's a good idea to suppress our anger. But I don't think it's smart or healthy to become a "dragon" and live and breathe anger either...And I don't feel good about myself when I put other people "down" in mean and vicious ways. (Just because they don't happen to agree with me.) I don't want to become a "bully."..We have serious problems in our country today that need to be resolved. We can't afford to act like "little kids" or "bullies" anymore. This is how I feel anyway. Thanks for your posts and all you've shared too.

GreenEyes48's photo
Tue 11/13/12 05:00 AM

I think there is blame to spread around to all of our elected officials...And it doesn't help that our nation has become so split and divided and after "blood."...I hope that there is a thorough investigation about the situation in Benghazi just like we had an investigation to find out what could have been done to prevent the 9-11 attacks...Mistakes were made in both cases. The difference is that Democrats didn't form a lynch mob and go after Bush and Cheney right after the attacks and deaths occured...But I'm all for transparency...Thousands of soldiers have lost their lives during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Where is the public outcry and outrage over all of the soldiers who have died? And all of the brain injuries and limbs that have been lost?...The deaths in Benghazi were tragic. And we need to learn from the mistakes that were made there...I'm glad that Obama ended the Iraq war. And I'm glad that he is winding down the war in Afghanistan so we won't have so many soldiers "at risk" and in "harm's way." Their lives are important too.

"Good Post"...:thumbsup:
Thanks!

GreenEyes48's photo
Tue 11/13/12 04:56 AM
Romney needed to appeal to a larger chunk of voters to take the presidency away from Obama.

GreenEyes48's photo
Tue 11/13/12 04:20 AM

Unfortunately, feelings are not always based in reality. Especially when it comes to relationships with people. Some feelings are clearly based in reality. Like the feeling of fright at seeing a bear in the forest coming right at you. But, many feelings are based on our past experiences in similar situations and can be very deceiving. That's not to say you should ignore them. They might be right. Or the situation may require a bit more evaluation than just listening to your feelings.

Feelings are important and I pay attention to mine all the time. It's a fine line. A balancing act. Paying attention to emotions and using common sense and logic. You need both.

I agree. Our feelings can be subjective at times. (Instead of objective.)

GreenEyes48's photo
Mon 11/12/12 03:41 PM

She will drop hints. Did you see the movie Hitch? In it he talks about dropping a woman off after a date. You walk her to the door and if she fiddles with her keys, she wants you to kiss her.

If she invites you in for a "coffee" or something she wants to have sex.

Seriously? I don't think you should assume that if she invites you in for "coffee" that she wants to have sex. She might just want to have a conversation and get to know you a little better. Maybe she does want sex, but you should never assume that.

Also, one has to "fiddle" with their keys if their door is locked.

Here is the thing, either the chemistry is there or it isn't. Touch her or hold her. If she does not tense up, recoil or pull away from you, that's a good sign. If she does tense up. give her a little peck on the cheek and tell her you had a nice time and say good bye.

Its not rocket science, its chemistry. When it is there, you will feel it. Don't let your sex drive fool you.
Good description!

GreenEyes48's photo
Mon 11/12/12 05:44 AM

Humm the way I see it is some are meant to be lovers and some are meant to be friends only... Those I put in the friends zone has nothing to do with them personally just that their is no spark between the two to go any farther...whoa
I agree...But some take it personally. (Especially if they've felt rejected over and over again by a series of women.)..From what I've observed the "friend zone" stuff becomes like a "club." And the guys firmly believe that "nice guys" always finish "last."...They feel they lose out because women go after "bad boys" not "nice guys."...They feel like the cards are stacked against them. And it becomes like a self-fulfilling prophecy...It's like saying that women don't like men with red hair. And since I have red hair I'm destined to be a "loser" with women for the rest of my life...There's no hope unless a guy is willing to drop out of the "nice guy" and "friend zone" club...Membership in this club is all about being rejected and "passed over" time after time. And this is sad!

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 04:51 PM

Aahh Poor guy now he will only make about 49 million a year instead of 50 million. 15 cents a pizza is not a steep price to pay for hard working employee's who fill his pockets with gold.

Actually it is the franchise owners who are going to suffer and be forced to shut down. They are barely able to keep their doors open as it is.
When corporations started shipping jobs overseas they didn't stop and consider whether people in the USA would be able to continue to buy all of their products. Wages have been going down for a long time. (Way before Obama took office.) And decent paying jobs are hard to find (or hold) these days....If we could get our jobs back on our soil again we'd be able to buy pizza and eat out more often and support businesses in our area...Taxes wouldn't have to go up because steady revenue would be coming in from businesses and employees who had jobs again. (Versus having to draw unemployment or welfare etc.)

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 04:35 PM

Successful companies reducing their employees' hours so they don't have to provide health insurance? Sounds like greedy employers not wanting to provide what they should to their employees.

the stench is strong from bs mountain, isnt it?

how likely is it that megamillion corps like applebees or papa johns couldnt afford a dollar more per hour for full time employees to pay the 'fine' of not offering the coverage?

we get similar tantrum like backlash whenever minimum wage is raised,, but we keep surviving,,,,,
They do throw tantrums like little kids do! And toss-out threats and guilt-trips etc...Some people may believe their baloney but good that everyone doesn't...You're right. It's all "been there, heard that" kind of stuff and manipulation tactics...My word! Some people are cheap and greedy (beyond description) even though they have so much! ..The wages at these kinds of places are shameful! People work for next to nothing in the service industry just to have a job at all...There aren't many decent paying jobs left or available anymore! And this isn't Obama's fault! Corporations have been "screwing" their employees for decades and getting away with it. (While they laugh all the way to the bank and reap huge profits!)

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 04:05 PM

It is sour grapes that these companies are taking out on their employees.

And they will suffer in loss in profits for it because they are on my boycott list and others are getting on the bandwagon. It is more than these two too.

Pizza Hut
Olive Garden
etc...

I agree...It's weird that so many people side with wealthy corporations these days and "bless" everything they do...Where is the caring and patriotism on the part of these corporations? The truth is they don't care...They nickel and dime their employees and ship jobs overseas because all they care about is themselves and their "beefsteak bonuses." And keeping their shareholders and the "Wall Street bosses" happy!

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 03:50 PM

msharmony...Thanks for sharing back and forth!...I'm not sure that I view marriage as a "right." (A "right" accorded to some but not to others.)...I "came of age" in the 60's...Back then a lot of us worked to "shake things up" and create changes in society in many different ways..When I was younger I viewed marriage as just a "piece of paper" for awhile even though I got married versus living with mates...When I married my "last" husband in the 80's I started viewing marriage through "new eyes!"...My husband and I were best friends and "team players" and equal partners in all respects!...And I loved being married. (For the first time!)...And my husband and I remained happy together until he passed away in 2010...But I still can't say that I view marriage as a "right" per se. I'd probably call marriage a "choice" especially in these times...I don't want or need to put stipulations or limitations on marriage in regards to opposite or same-sex couples getting married...All of the "revolutions" I went through back in the 50's and 60's and 70's permanently affected me. And I favor equal rights for everyone!

I favor equal rights too, let churches marry whomever they choose and let government stay out of it altogether,, unless children are being raised in which case I do believe it serves a greater good to 'influence' those potential parents to make legally binding commitments to their families,,,
It's probably time to agree to disagree and lay it all to rest for now! What do you think? Hope you have a nice holiday weekend!

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 02:37 PM

Now, lately I have noticed something: When I try to be nice, and accommodate someone, that gives them the green light to friend zone me. How do I avoid the friend zone?

By putting the moves on her ASAP.

Here's what happens; She like you, but doesn't want to be too forward about it because she doesn't want you to think she's trashy. So, she waits for you to make a move on her. But, if you wait too long she starts thinking you either don't like her that way or are too chicken to make your move. There's a window of opportunity and if you miss it, it's very hard to get it back.

Being a gentlemen doesn't mean you cannot be sexual. Send her a clear single and let her know your desires before it's too late.
I agree with you....I have been around men who play "waiting games." It can really push women away!....YUK! What would it be like to be married to a man like this? Would he expect his wife to "read his mind" and do all the planning and "leading" while he "sits back" and "waits" to be told "what to do" all the time?

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 02:24 PM

I make sure to tell them the type of guy that I am. I am direct, honest, and blunt. I tend to keep to myself, but those who I do try to interact with seem to be more into the bad-boys
Maybe the women don't really want "bad boys" per se...They are just looking for a man who has a well-developed sense of "self" and "style" and personality...A man who can make them "think" and laugh and smile! Someone who is entertaining and full of surprises versus being "exactly the same" all the time and totally predictable! (Which can translate into boring!)...I'm not talking about being flaky or unreliable. Just "new" and different at times versus settling into "ruts" and"routines."..."Cutting loose" every so often just to keep things lively and "fresh" and interesting!..To me this is all part of having a personality! Sometimes we have to take a few risks and let our "wild and crazy" and playful side come out to be interesting to other people!...Or come-up with unique and novel ideas and theories about life and so on...It takes work to develop our personalities. And work to be interesting to other people!... This is how I feel anyway!...I was extremely shy and self-conscious when I was young and didn't have much of a personality. It was easy to "pass me by" or ignore me! I really didn't have much to "offer" to anyone...One day I finally "woke-up" and started to develop a unique personality of my very own over time.

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 01:29 PM

Its good advice GreenEyes. My son is getting to that age soon enough and I think I am going to barrow it.happy

My way of avoiding the friendzone is being upfront about what you as a person are looking for. Theres nothing wrong in telling people what you want out of life. Its even a pretty common part of actually getting to know someone. Also from my experience its better to get that kinda talk out of the way cause most women I have dated know right away if they would have those kinds of feelings for a guy or not. By right away I mean within the first five minutes talking to them. Its best to not leave yourself in the dark about it.smokin drinker
I agree...Best to be upfront and open right from the start...I think some guys develop a lot of fears and phobias about being placed in the "friend zone." I've seen so many "friend zone" threads on forums over the past couple of years...Maybe it's best to take a more sensible and realistic approach when it comes to dating..Take the attitude that the first dates are just a time for a man and woman to get to know each other as friends to see if there is a "mutual click" and "chemistry" as you mentioned in your post....If a man (or woman) is overridden with fears about being placed in the "friend zone" this can "screw things up" early-on. Don't you think? It's easy to pick-up "negative vibes" or insecurities and fears etc.

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 12:40 PM
Edited by GreenEyes48 on Sun 11/11/12 12:58 PM

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 12:40 PM
msharmony...Thanks for sharing back and forth!...I'm not sure that I view marriage as a "right." (A "right" accorded to some but not to others.)...I "came of age" in the 60's...Back then a lot of us worked to "shake things up" and create changes in society in many different ways..When I was younger I viewed marriage as just a "piece of paper" for awhile even though I got married versus living with mates...When I married my "last" husband in the 80's I started viewing marriage through "new eyes!"...My husband and I were best friends and "team players" and equal partners in all respects!...And I loved being married. (For the first time!)...And my husband and I remained happy together until he passed away in 2010...But I still can't say that I view marriage as a "right" per se. I'd probably call marriage a "choice" especially in these times...I don't want or need to put stipulations or limitations on marriage in regards to opposite or same-sex couples getting married...All of the "revolutions" I went through back in the 50's and 60's and 70's permanently affected me. And I favor equal rights for everyone!

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 09:37 AM
Edited by GreenEyes48 on Sun 11/11/12 09:41 AM

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 09:37 AM
msharmony..I guess we all have different views when it comes to the role of the government...I expect the government to safeguard the rights of each and every citizen when it comes to fairness and equality...Churches have the right to refuse to marry certain individuals based on their own criteria...But I expect the government to be more impartial and neutral when it comes to granting rights to citizens...We all come from different religious backgrounds and some people are atheists or agnostics etc...I expect the government to find a way to represent and accomodate everyone. It's not easy! (Because our country is full of diversity!)...The government didn't step-in and "moralize" and make it illegal for unmarried couples to live together...The government doesn't arrest people who get divorced or women who give birth to children out of wedlock...We all take pride in living in a "free country." A lot rests on our own shoulders when it comes to the beliefs we "adopt" and how we want to raise our children etc...The government only steps-in when it's determined that children are being abused or neglected by their parents. Or to enforce other laws...I don't look to the government to set the "ideals" concerning marriage. (Especially when these "ideals" directly infringe on the rights of some citizens.)...As parents we are free to share our beliefs and our "ideals" with our children. But some of our kids might decide to go their "own way" and form their own "ideals" and beliefs as they grow older. This is all part of living in a "free country!"

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 07:38 AM
msharmony...I have some gay friends who have been together as a "couple" for 20-30 years. And I have some straight friends who have been married to their spouses for 20-40 years!...Some relationships "last" and some don't! (Whether people get married or not!)...I've had gay friends since I was young so it's all normal to me. We all get along great and show respect for each other.

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 06:46 AM

Much confusion on what feminism is...as stated in previous posts.

As long as people find humor in rape jokes...feminism is needed.
As long as girls and women are abused and mutilated ALL over the world, feminism is needed.
As long as little girls think " him pulling my hair means he likes me"...feminism is needed.

Man hating is about that..hating men.
Feminism has nothing to do with hating and or not needing men.
Great post and points!...I remember getting teased and tormented by a few boys when I was in grade school...These boys didn't know how to relate to girls in normal or positive ways...They thought they had to be a "brat" to get attention I guess...But there were a few boys in my classes who treated girls as "friends" and equals and this was nice.

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 11/11/12 06:37 AM
Edited by GreenEyes48 on Sun 11/11/12 07:04 AM
Made a double post by mistake...So I'll add something else. I grew up as an only child so I don't know what it feels like to have brothers or sisters..But I do think there is a lot of separation and segregation between boys and girls in school (and just in general) when we're growing up...When boys hear their coaches call them "girls" or "sissies" on sports teams this doesn't help! The implication is that girls are stupid and dumb or weaklings etc. So no boy wants to be called a "girl!"...It all starts off when we're small. And too often it carries on into adulthood....Boys and girls need to be taught to relate to each other as "people." And encouraged to show respect for the opposite sex at a young age. Don't you think?

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next