Community > Posts By > Mirage4279

Mirage4279's photo
Wed 08/22/12 04:47 PM

Tried it a coule times has not worked so far. Conviced the theory is sound though.

Dude! Long time no see :-)
~~~
You must be both trusting and trustworthy
to sustain a long distance relationship.

Yeah My laptops got stolen surprised , but I am back. Yeah I actually kind of am pretty dedicated close family, relationships, school, and a few other areas... pretty simple and dull but straight forward. Payed off a couple times though I will say that. Do I get brownie points with you for thatspock

Mirage4279's photo
Wed 08/22/12 04:38 PM
Kind of new here myslef .. not to sure how far it is though it does sound familiar. I just moved here from San Diego but I have lived here before...

Mirage4279's photo
Wed 08/22/12 04:36 PM
Edited by Mirage4279 on Wed 08/22/12 04:36 PM
Ok since I posted a new pic (its the most recent) has anything changed from the last time I gotta rating.

Mirage4279's photo
Wed 08/22/12 04:32 PM
Tried it a coule times has not worked so far. Conviced the theory is sound though.

Mirage4279's photo
Wed 08/22/12 04:31 PM
Single as always.... I thought this web site would fix it by now... maybe they thought I was just kidding in the pick two above you to have a 3som with forum.spock

Mirage4279's photo
Wed 08/22/12 04:29 PM
Usually if I do not focus to much on it it turns out better and kind of un-natural otherwise.

Mirage4279's photo
Wed 08/22/12 04:26 PM
I get crushes all the time every now and then they go for it. Being a quiet guy you have to look at things optimistically. Or however you spell it.

Mirage4279's photo
Wed 08/22/12 04:22 PM
Either works, slightly in favor of the make up mask though I would not quite phrase it like that.

Mirage4279's photo
Sat 08/11/12 08:06 AM
How are all my cute little cup-cakses doing these days??? Still single as usual.. Hey Mariah...

My Laptops were stolen need to get them replaced.

Mirage4279's photo
Tue 07/31/12 09:27 AM
Yeah I can tell by the numbers your throwing out there that this pc were talking is not right off the shelf. There could be a few different reasons for it not showing an improvement though. Right now I am going through my hardware book for the 2nd time for the CompTIA exam in software and hardware.

I feel like saying

do you have shortcuts on your desktop or the actual programs becuase if you have the actaul programs sitting on your desktop it will chew up your primary memory (RAM) topping out at 1 gb and prolly already creating virtual memory on your hdd; thus you would not notice a difference becuase it is not doing anything it was not doing before you purchased your ram cards.

Virtaul memory is created when the ram cards are full. Since your @ 1gb right now it might be doing this now as it was before .. meaning you notice little difference as the cards are full.

This is just a guess. Stands a chance of what is going on but hard to tell and theoretical at this point.

Mirage4279's photo
Tue 07/31/12 09:13 AM
Edited by Mirage4279 on Tue 07/31/12 09:29 AM
Hey,

I am assuming you installed the jdk? If you only want for a java program to run and it will not... check out this site http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

In the top-middle of the page to the right you will see two colums that say jdk and jre. Install the jre by downloading it and running the set-up, it is quite easy. If you want to run jar files or turn .java files or .class files and run them from the command line (in such a way that you do not need an .exe file to start and run the application) you will need to set the environment variables (class path) it is more complicated to do though. This allows you to run .java files from the command line.

You can always have me come over and set it up for you:tongue:

Mirage4279's photo
Thu 07/12/12 04:43 AM
Edited by Mirage4279 on Thu 07/12/12 04:44 AM
What on Earth happened to the sex topic threads???what

Do I have to pick two to have a threesome with from in hereslaphead
The next time I rate the person above from 1 -10 I am liable to get a offtopic

Mirage4279's photo
Sun 07/08/12 09:35 PM
Yes I know Totage... that is one of thew main reasons that one should not overclock a lap-top becuase the components are so close together and additional cooling is not exactly possible to do for a lap-top so much as a desktop...

more importantly however do you know of a good file sharing client that is out there until I can make my own??? In my computer science class a gnuttella network client is in the mix but it is a ways off... until then I am stuck with my choices from search engines (never know what your going to get).. do you know one of the top of your head that is solid and works well???

Mirage4279's photo
Sun 07/08/12 06:17 PM
I know especially on a lap-top because it is so compact compared to towers... It will get fixed though just need to get it a replacement...

Mirage4279's photo
Sun 07/08/12 04:30 PM
Actually I went ahead and installed my XP home edition on it. I wanted to keep Vista on because it is the only one that I have a key for. I don't know if the key will work on my XP version or not....it might...

still have a couple issues with that lap-top but as far as practicing network programming on it it will work...until I can get some needed hardware for it ( needs a fan...should be good hardware practice aye ohwell )...

my operating system was running kind of funny ...it kept jumping up for some un-known reason and staying at like 100% processing power for a long time... it was like something running in the background that did absolutly nothing that I could see... but the new install fixed it... just a couple minor problems and its good to go...

do you know any good file sharing networks off the top of your head????

This is an important question... I have had a hard time getting my usualy ones to work...not too familiar with the torrent ones...the one time I tried it it worked once out of like ten times and I did nothing differently...

Mirage4279's photo
Fri 07/06/12 05:17 PM
By the sounds of it there is only one way that you will resolve this...

Do you have your restore or re-install disk that came with your pc???

It sounds like your missing system components that can only be restored by a new installation of the WIndows you have.... it is very easy...but you must have the disk in order to run it..partitioning your HDD is difficult and likely to cuase a system crash if you do not know what your doing...the installation will re-format your hdd and it will do it properly...

Mirage4279's photo
Fri 07/06/12 05:05 PM
See here the thing.. I like XP and 7 is Ok... However I have a Vista Key..not sure that it will operate on a different Windows version....

You bring up a good point with the torrent downloads... I have used Phex and File something or other... have not had much luck though they are supposed to be similar to Frostiwre , Limewire and Napster type of file sharing... I am going to design a networking client for the gnuttella network here shortly... part of my online computer science project... the protocol is complex such as requesting a file and it travels the network before returning with the results... not the easiest I have done so far...but until then I am stuck with file sharing cleints as such...

what one is working these days for you????? do have a link to the site for it???

Mirage4279's photo
Wed 07/04/12 04:20 AM
Edited by Mirage4279 on Wed 07/04/12 04:30 AM
Something you might try is re-installing the driver for you network interface device / adapter. Usually drivers are the easiest to find as far as technical google searches go ( I program in Java and often very technical things can be ambiguous to say the least). But as far as drivers go...usually pretty easy especially the more specific you are about NIC/ network adapter make and model and motherboard lap-top model ect..

You said you re-installed the OS so this may not be the problem. Although a driver will probably help improve it and might fix it altogether.

here... I found the manufacturer's web-site...this will take you right to the page for the driver download... I am not sure which one you'll need..

http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WN350G&version=V1#tbl_a

This link was different then when I visited it the first time..different sets of downloads though still the drivers your looking at...

Mirage4279's photo
Mon 07/02/12 03:47 AM

My vista system was stolen a year ago. I think your only hope is to find someone with one and have them send you their disk or burn a copy for you. Wish I could help.

Every Operating system has a unique id key... so the software is somewhat valueless without the key.
If you right click on on the button that says "Computer" in the start menu... or any "Computer" icon. It will bring up a drop down menu. From there scroll all the way down to properties and click it. This will take you to a system information screen (assuming your on WIndows..any version I am pretty sure)... On this screen it will give you your unique key for the operating system. The key I have. I simply need the software for it.

Mirage4279's photo
Mon 07/02/12 12:32 AM
Ok guys heres the deal. I am a student ...between classes but still study all day. Don't have much money until I get employed. Cannot purchase a new operating system at the moment but having problems with it.

Necessary system files got deleted (long story) and I need to re-install my system. I googled it could not find it anywhere. A Vista operating system that is. I have an external HDD that I am assuming I can burn an image onto to boot from .. correct??? A partition is set aside for such a thing. Though I have not had much luck booting from something connected to a USB (any ideas on why this is???...it has never worked for me... I am guessing from the boot sequence in BIOS that the USB is not properly or recognizably named for some reason..only thing I can think of).

The problem is I need a copy of Vista Home Premium in order to re-install. From there I can back up from my HDD if I want to. Can anyone give me a hand that knows how to do this??? Microsoft no longer services software such as a download for an image to burn of Vista. I have no idea where I can find a good copy of Vista Home Premium.

And no I cannot currently do a system restore... again long story..

Little help please.

:)