Community > Posts By > GalaxyStarz

no photo
Wed 10/24/18 08:26 AM

Angry explode

Tradesman I was waiting at home for didn't turn up and didn't phone me to let me know. Grrr!

uh-oh

I hate that

1 star or thumbsdown lol

no photo
Wed 10/24/18 08:17 AM

" Soul Mate" is one of a number of wishful-thinking based concepts that people try to use to explain various life experiences to themselves.

The concept implies a lot of additional things, since they are required for a "soul mate" to exist.

Someone or some force in existence has to control all of existence, and arbitrarily cause such a mate to exist. There is no evidence of this force or being.

I think the reason that the idea came about, was most likely as a cover story for an entirely different problem: cheating and other results of lust.

People who found that they were strongly attracted to someone other than the mate they'd been working to be with for some time, wanted someone other than themselves to blame for their mistakes (first of staying with the person that are about to cheat on or dump, and second for the cheating or dumping itself). So they invented the idea (with lots of historic support from previous self-excusers) of "soul mate" to explain why they suddenly needed to go with this new person, or at least why they are about to leave a perfectly okay person who wants them to stay.

Once you are INSIDE of the belief that "soul mates" exist, you open a lot of other logical problems for yourself including what you have listed. In order to hang on to the idea that you have a promised "soul mate" out there, you have to add more features and rules and cover stories to the basic idea. Eventually, you can build an entire formal religion out of it, if you get carried away.

spot on :thumbsup:

I think the concept is self-soothing irresponsibility, which, like you said, often has its parameters changed to fit the latest whomever. whoa

no photo
Tue 10/23/18 01:51 PM
sorry son, but, Avery is on the heavy side.

no photo
Tue 10/23/18 01:48 PM
the cool, rainy weather

no photo
Tue 10/23/18 01:47 PM
sure! When it's cold I wear my fur coat. winking

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 06:33 PM
why did they move this to the UK forum???

I hope by "hold ups" you mean thigh highs, not guns.

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 06:28 PM
not telling lol tongue2

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 05:23 PM
Are you a man? Do you wear them?

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 03:54 PM
watching my pastor, Dr. Ed Young , Houston Second Baptist Church, give the prayer before Trump's rally

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 01:25 PM
I'm calling sc4mmer. That's one sign - they want you to text them or give them your phone number in the first message.

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 12:50 PM
pineapple winking
blackberries
clementines

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 12:48 PM
pineapple

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 12:38 PM
think think think

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 11:48 AM
eating Intense Chocolate ice cream - by the HEB brand made at their own dairy.

I love my HEB! lol

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 10:17 AM
Evil exists and some are too weak to resist it.

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 10:11 AM
I love you, Mom.

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 09:59 AM
Edited by GalaxyStarz on Mon 10/22/18 09:59 AM
Eating blackberries and Tillamook black pepper Vermont cheddar cheese.

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 08:42 AM
:thumbsup:

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 06:25 AM
I don't believe "modern" can be generalized, except in the form of technology and the results of medical research.

"modern", individually, is as diverse as each of us. I think we are a mix. We base our identity in jobs, amount of assets, number of friends, ideas, beliefs, etc.

For example: I am both domestic and an engineer. Women were not in my engineering discipline when I began. Trailblazer = modern.

When I began having kids, I was a stay at home mom = traditional + the added dimension of a technical background.

Was it uber-modern, or traditional, to file for divorce? It was both.

I learned early in my career, and in having children, that my identity could not be based in work, or motherhood.

My identity is being a Child of God through Jesus. It's a permanent identity, not tied to the capricious movements of society, or emotions.

Coming to know that is my foundation for everything else. Unimportant things fall away, the valuable remains. Very calming and peaceful, knowing what to do, and when.

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 05:53 AM

Hey, I am very attractive if you like the color glonde. That is gray and blonde mix. laugh

There is a word for it! I knew there had to be something.
So I'm high-glonde.

Blonde highlights with gray. tongue2