Community > Posts By > GalaxyStarz

no photo
Mon 10/15/18 10:28 AM
Edited by GalaxyStarz on Mon 10/15/18 10:29 AM

@ bluegrass

no photo
Mon 10/15/18 10:20 AM
here's an excerpt from my Mr Wonderful thread, it fits for having a Christian marriage

https://mingle2.com/topic/564067

Today we spend countless hours counseling young couples as they prepare for marriage. We have the opportunity to observe the relationships of others as we prepare for the weddings I’m officiating as a pastor.

I’ve had the opportunity to see clear patterns of what works in relationships and what ends terribly. I’ve seen how awful compromises of morals and logic are made when strong emotions get in the way. I’ve also seen how some individuals go about dating in a way that’s so controlling that no one can ever meet their “standards.”

Most singles are trying to answer the same question: “Who should I date?” But that’s the wrong question. The question you should ask is: “Who should I marry?”

Lift your eyes above the here and now and the fun of dating a stranger, the emotional rush of a long phone conversation, or the pursuit of premarital intimacy. Instead, start to think about dating with long-term happiness in the mind – the happiness marriage can provide.

Rather than 22 things women should want a boyfriend to do or not do, here’s a list of 10 things women should want a man they marry to be. The answers are rooted in the Bible – a very old book but as relevant today as ever!

1. Submissive to authority. Rebellious guys might grab your heart for a moment. But for a long-term relationship, you want someone who will admit that he is not always right, and be willing to change when others point that out to him. Does he listen to others and yield to wisdom? (Hebrews 13:17)
2. Honesty. Does he say what he means and do what he says? Does he go out of his way to speak with whole, complete and concentrated truth? Without honesty, you can’t trust what he says – including when he says “I do” and commits to you in marriage. (1 Corinthians 13:6)
3. Kind.Is he nice to others around him? Don’t expect him to be consistently kind to you long-term if he is not kind to others. (2 Timothy 2:24)
4. Selfless. Does he think of your needs, and the needs of others, ahead of his own? Is he generous and willing to share his possessions and time with others? Husbands are called to love their wives selflessly and sacrificially, “just as Christ loved the church” (Ephesians 5:25).
5. Patient. Is he willing to wait for good things? Does he value you enough to wait for you? “Patient” is the very first word used to describe love in the famous “love chapter” of the Bible (1 Corinthians 13:4).
6. Courageous. Will he stand for what is right when it is difficult, embarrassing or unpopular? Will he stand up to protect you? (1 Corinthians 16:13)
7. Gentle. Can he control his strength, and balance it with grace? (1 Timothy 3:2-3)
8. Diligent. A diligent person can be counted on to provide. Does he work hard? (Proverbs 12:24)
9. Faithful. Consider his reputation closely. Anyone can fake the things on this list when trying to impress a woman. Does he have a reputation consistent with these character traits? (Proverbs 20:6)
10.Committed to God. Those who follow the Lord and are prayerful and are committed to Him have a moral compass to guide them. This will certainly help in how they relate to their wives. (Galatians 5:22-25)

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/can-mr-wonderful-hack-it-as-a-husband-heres-how-to-know

no photo
Mon 10/15/18 10:06 AM
Funny how men are commenting ~ mansplaining what they THINK women want.

no photo
Mon 10/15/18 09:47 AM
some interviews

no photo
Mon 10/15/18 09:46 AM
My real man described above. smile2

no photo
Mon 10/15/18 09:37 AM
this, too. So important .

no photo
Mon 10/15/18 09:32 AM
:thumbsup: drinks

no photo
Mon 10/15/18 09:20 AM
enjoying heavy rain and a thunderboomer.

no photo
Mon 10/15/18 09:18 AM
STOP IT!

https://youtu.be/Ow0lr63y4Mw

scared

no photo
Mon 10/15/18 09:08 AM
I have been known for some time as a person who speaks the truth and speaks it strongly. I have always called a liar a liar and a hypocrite a hypocrite.

~Cindy Sheehan

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 12:24 PM
I can do that!

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 12:20 PM

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 12:12 PM
It's true and funny to phrase it that way.

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 12:11 PM
....and it's time to hibernate. smile2

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 12:10 PM

because the planet is falling over and the days are getting shorter

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 12:09 PM
The Colorado Sound

https://coloradosound.org/

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 12:03 PM
Is that a Darth Vader helmet?

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 11:50 AM
Edited by GalaxyStarz on Sun 10/14/18 11:51 AM
A 2 game conflict tonight.

Watch Astros v Red Sox
or
Chiefs v Patriots

Leaning toward Chiefs. I would not watch a recorded game.
Live in Htown, grew up in KC - plus Chiefs are undeafeated.

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 11:37 AM
what

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 11:35 AM

I wish God gave me my heart desire...i wish he gave me a man with true love

Psalm 37:3-5 New International Version (NIV)

3 Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.

My favorite Bible verse/

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next