Community > Posts By > ohiostate13

ohiostate13's photo
Sun 04/24/11 05:24 PM
Racal Flatts, why wait

ohiostate13's photo
Sun 04/24/11 05:23 PM
How many guys out here can cook? And I mean actually cook, not follow the directions on a box or pop something in the microwave, we all can do that.

How many of the ladies here like a man that can cook? Just curious.

I am into giving new things a try, I've added a few new things into my repertoire since I started seeing this woman the past few months. I've made chicken fettuccini alfredo and lasagna from scratch as an example. I like to cook, and it's always nice knowing what's in what you're eating. Some things are quite time comsuming, but the end result is worth it

ohiostate13's photo
Sun 04/24/11 05:16 PM
biscuits and gravy I made for breakfast. Yes, I'm a man that can cook, and not from a box or microwave, I can cook from scratch, lol

ohiostate13's photo
Sun 04/24/11 04:08 PM
Scarlet and Grey.........Buckeyes baby! LOL

ohiostate13's photo
Sun 04/24/11 08:49 AM
I know some people think that once they start seeing a person, they think it's gotta be all gung ho serious right off the bat. I've been guilty of this before, but I've learned a little in my day, lol.

Going slow early on is a good way to approach it, that is if you want to try to establish basis for a good, possible long-term relationship. Hooking up and having sex within a short time frame of knowing each other doesn't mean it's going to last. I don't see "love at first sight", it's more like "lust at first sight".

The only way to know if you wanna possibly committ to a long term relationship with someone is time. You gotta take time to get to know someone, find out their likes, dislikes, pet peeves, what they want out of life, ect..... Jumping right in and expecting it to work because you are dating exclusively or having sex right off, does not do that. That just shows attraction to each other, and not that it's a sure fire bet he or she will be the "one".

Patience is the key, and in today's world not too many have that. They jump right into things because of attraction and or lust, only to find out down the road the person you are with isn't the person you thought they were from the get go. Besides patience, honesty is another huge factor. Without these 2, how do you know? I mean seriously, how do you? You cannot. If you're in a hurry and or dishonest, how on earth do you think that a relationship based on lust and lies will ever work?

Just a couple things to consider

ohiostate13's photo
Sun 04/24/11 08:36 AM
Anyone here own a PS3? If so, you're probably aware that the Playstation Network has been down since wednesday as a result of the recent intrusion by hackers, which forced Sony to shut it down to fix the problem and try to prevent future attacks to the network. If I read right, there's like over 700 million people affected by the network being down.

I first became aware of it friday afternoon when I was trying to play some COD Black Ops, and got the "network undergoing maintance" message when I tried to log in to the network. I got on my PC and looked it up and found out about what's going on. Sony isn't giving any definite answers to when it will be back up, and rumor has it they're reconfiguring the whole network to make it safe.

I looked on a handful of gaming forums and stuff, there are alot of ticked off people. I'm not too happy with it being down, but I can live without online gaming, lol. The network is free to play online unlike XBOX 360, so even though it may suck, I cannot complian too much.

ohiostate13's photo
Fri 04/22/11 12:46 PM

I beleive people are too picky and not opened minded enough. THey say love is blind buts its not love that is its people that are blind. They may skip over a person because they dont think there tall enough or their type. You should have an idea of what you want but keep an open mind, because someone or something may just pass you by.

your name should be smartgirl not dirtygirl.......you are absolutely right. people are just too superficial

ohiostate13's photo
Thu 04/21/11 02:53 AM
Here I can ask questions and speak my feelings I can't normally do around my circle of family and friends. I am able to give my opinions on things and see if others think like I do. Here I can try to help someone by giving my personal insight on some of the things I've dealt with myself.

ohiostate13's photo
Thu 04/21/11 02:48 AM

Show off. :tongue: :wink:

Who me? LOL

Nah, just giving my honest opinion is all

ohiostate13's photo
Wed 04/20/11 03:13 PM

where all my atl gals et aaaaaaaay hollor at ya boy single ready to mingle with that mandingo aaaaaaay

Can you say that in english please?

ohiostate13's photo
Wed 04/20/11 03:07 PM
Well first of all, honesty. Without that there can be no such thing as a good relationship

Being faithful to the one whom you are in the relationship with. I don't know about you, but I cannot stand a cheater

Flexibility. And no, I'm not talking about how far you can bend. What I mean is being able to be flexible with the others schedule, or should I say wanting to be flexible. Not everyone's schedules are the same, so flexibility is a key.

Understanding. Not everyone likes the same things as you do. Try doing something the other likes you're not crazy about, and vice versa. Of course do things that both like, but going the extra mile to do something your other likes you don't does mean alot to the other.

Support, and no not finacial. Be there for the other. Be there to comfort the other when something gets them down. Support their goal and dreams.

Give and take. If you live a bit apart, share the driving. Go to them, and they to you. Realize you are equals in the relationship, not one over the other.

Do things you want to, not because you expect something in return. Alterior motives are not attractive.

His and her time. Everyone has to have their away time, things grow old if you're up each other's butts all the time. Do not become jealous or angry that the other need's a day or a night out with friends.

Trust. this is definitely a key to a good relationship. If you do not trust the other, or cannot trust the other, then it's a recipe for disaster and maybe you should not be in a relationship with them.

The key to a good relationship should have all of these qualities, not one of them or some of them. I may be missing one or so because of drawing a blank, but the one's I've listed I think are basis for a good and solid relationship

ohiostate13's photo
Wed 04/20/11 02:48 AM
I guess I learned from watching my parents. My mom and dad (step-dad, but I call him dad because he's been the only one I've known) just celebrated 25 years of marriage 2 months ago on valentines day. Things were never easy, and money was little, barely scraping by. But that didn't tear them apart, they loved each other and me unconditionally. And with dad's health being up and down, mom is right there every step of they way.

That kind of love and devotion to each other thru any circumstance good or bad, is the definition of true love. I know it'll be hard to find as I'm almost 32 and haven't found it yet, but that's the kind of love I want

ohiostate13's photo
Wed 04/20/11 02:42 AM
I wouldn't want to exclude the woman I'm seeing, I am not looking at this time because I am seeing someone. Just being honest, I have nothing to hide.

ohiostate13's photo
Tue 04/19/11 09:39 AM
Just out of curiousity, I wonder what you all will rate this.

I see myself as a reular guy.
I'm honest and faithful.
I work hard at my job I've been at for almost 9 yrs now.
I have my own place to live, a one bedroom apartment, it's all I need for me. And I take pride in keeping a clean house.
I have my own vehicle that I maintain myself, I take pride in having a nice running, nice looking truck.
I don't do drugs
I take care of myself and rely on no one, if I can't do it myself then I don't need it
I am there for my family and friends, I do what I can to help when someone in my life is in need of help.
I am an animal lover, I've always had some sort of pet whether it was a dog, cat, or fish. I have 3 cats right now that are spoiled to say the least.
I want to be able to find someone and settle down with, and start a family. The woman I'm seeing has the qualities I desire in a woman, but only time will tell what yeilds of the relationship.
I'm all about sports, I play and watch all kinds of them

I might just be rambling, but I'm curious to see what you all think. I like to think of myself as a good man.

ohiostate13's photo
Tue 04/19/11 09:28 AM

Finding out this morning that my daughter will be having a boy..........:banana: :banana: :banana:

That's awesome, good for her

Thank you I have a new grandson that is 6 days old today then have a granddaughter that is 8 come Sept. I will have another grandson. My baby will be having her first baby.....:heart: bigsmile :heart:

I know my mom would love to have a grandchild, she just turned 60 last month and doesn't have any yet. I'm an only child so I'm her only shot at having one. I want to find someone and start a family with, but I don't want to bring a child into this world for the wrong reasons. I'm almost 32, so my clock is kinda ticking, lol. I don't want to be retiring when my child is graduating high school, lol

only time will tell I guess, but congrats to your daughter and you

ohiostate13's photo
Tue 04/19/11 08:34 AM

Finding out this morning that my daughter will be having a boy..........:banana: :banana: :banana:

That's awesome, good for her

ohiostate13's photo
Tue 04/19/11 08:33 AM
This one's for the ladies. How many of you ladies like sports? And if you do, which one's?

I am a sports fanatic myself. Football is my #1, especially college football.......Ohio State Buckeyes
Other than football, I like alot of other sports to either watch or participate in.......baseball, softball, basketball, golf, nascar, AMA supercross (dirtbikes), GNCC racing (dirtbikes or quads), fishing (which I think is more of a hobby than a sport).

I know a few women who are into sports, so I was curious to see how many here like them. My mom loves football, when I played in school I could always hear her cheering when I was in the huddle, even when we had a packed house and it was loud as all get out, even my teamates heard her, lol

ohiostate13's photo
Tue 04/19/11 08:26 AM
Today?

Got off work early, now I'm waiting for the FedEx guy to show up 2day with my brand new Droid X I got for free for my upgrade.

ohiostate13's photo
Tue 04/19/11 08:24 AM
To not take love for granted, for if you do you could lose it.

I learned that I can devote myself only to the person I'm with, and not succumb to temptation if it presents itself. Been in that situation before, and easily made the right choice.

ohiostate13's photo
Tue 04/19/11 08:19 AM
Age doesn't really matter to me, but yet it does. I want a woman who has her stuff together, but not too much older than me because I do want children someday if I meet the right person to have them with, if there is such a woman out there.