Community > Posts By > shovelheaddave

shovelheaddave's photo
Sat 09/01/18 12:25 PM

Well you want to piss off your boss. Disrupt business ..you get let go.
Others in the industry ( and it is a industry) see what you did and they don't want you doing it while they are paying you. So you don't get hired
Nothing new with that..business 101
My advice to him:
Buy a Popeye's franchise before all your money is gone..which will be soon ..because either you owe one or in a year or so you will be working the drive thru window at one
He'd done..out of the game too long and tainted..by his own doing
Hope your personal protest was worth the unemployment, Colin
You da man !! Lol

not buying it. This man was not the only one to 'disrupt business'. how many of the others were cut out?

Ray Rice...sued the NFL and won, but will still never wear a NFL uniform again... And he was way better than Collin...

I dont think the NFL any longer deserves Colin. I just want him to win the suit to send the message that certain types of retaliation against people's livelihoods for exercising free expression wont be tolerated.

he probably will...but that doesn't mean he'll have a job when it's over...no NFL team wants him, already been proven..

nothing worthwhile is ever achieved without sacrifice!!!

and,SOMETIMES,SOME people are willing to place their values above their own personal gain!

THOSE are the people who you know actually believe that what they are fighting for is the right thing,because they are willing to SACRIFICE something of value to try to make it happen.

that is A LOT different than all of these people who CLAIM that they believe in something,but aren't willing to try to do anything that might cost them something to try to make it happen,except spout off a few cheap,and empty words.

but,the people of integrity who are willing to SACRIFICE are the ones who actually change the world!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lol...yea, he changed the world....that's why he's jobless right now...

but,it was for a cause that HE truly believes is worth it,because HE isn't small minded,and one dimensional,like SOME people are,who cant see past their own small world that they have imprisoned themselves in!

[PLUS,he doesn't NEED a job to survive,since he was paid over $12 MILLION DOLLARS,JUST in 2016,not to mention over $50 MILLION DOLLARS MORE that HE WAS PAID off of the contract he signed in 2014,and has GIVEN AWAY MILLIONS of dollars out of his own pocket to charity,so..do you REALLY think that HE is the 'jobless loser' you are trying to pretend that he is??]
[I wish I was a 'jobless loser' like him!!!]
laugh

I never said "loser", that was you... Whatever, he was a third rate QB, at best...I never disliked the guy, but there's a time and place for everything.... evidently, that wasn't the time or place....

Well,WHO decided what the 'proper' 'time and place' was for him to make a stand for what he believed in???

seems like the ONLY person who can make that decision for Colin Kaepernick IS Colin Kaepernick,since HE is the one who made it,and was willing to sacrifice his career for it,because HE believed it was the right thing to do!

SOME people might not agree with him,but it is not THEIR call to make,since it was HIS career!

shovelheaddave's photo
Sat 09/01/18 12:08 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Sat 09/01/18 12:28 PM

I've been working 3 weeks. The company has sent my family to six flags, gave out prizes at lunch at six flags. Bought lunch at work for employees last monday. I've accrued 7.4 vacation hours and I get paid for labor day. Good jobs are coming back. I have no experience at what I'm doing so it's paid on the job training. I have $100 to buy shoes from the company, free short term disability and $30,000 in free life insurance.

and what does THAT have to do with the fact that trumps is willing to give his super wealthy biliionaire cronies a $2 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX BREAKthat they don't need,but says that nw we cant afford to give all of the frderal employees the cost of living pay raise that they were SUPPOSEd to receive,that they DO need to support themselves.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

all THAT has to do with is YOU DESPERATELY trying to find some way to change the subject,and make an empty brag about something that you CLAIM you have to cheaply validate yourself out of personal insecurity,instead of discussing the subject of this discussion because there is no way that you can RATIONALLY defend trump for the way he has sold out the middle class of this country to line his own,and his super wealthy cronies pockets,and you know it!!

and,every time you try to deflect and change the subject without addressing it only validates everything I say that much more!!!

but,nobody cares about what you CLAIM that you have!!!
[except YOU!!!] laugh
talk is cheap!!
ESPECIALLY on the internet!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

The point is companies are spending money on employees. It's not those temp jobs available under Obama.

LMAO!!!

and WHAT does that have to do with he federal employees not getting the C.O.L. pay raise they were supposed to get before trump gave his super wealthy billionaire cronies a $2 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX CUT,and then decided that the country 'couldn't afford' a {B}25 BILLION expense to benefit the middle class??
[ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!] laugh

the POINT is that you keep trying to DESPERATELY change the subject away from the fact that trump is not willing to give the middle class federal employees the cost of living pay raise that they were SUPPOSED to get,because he says 'we cant afford to',but he IS willing to give himself,and his super wealthy billionaire cronies a $2 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX CUT,which is 80 times more than what the federal employees was SUPPOSED to get,and benfited FAR FEWER people than the pay increase would have!

THAT is the POINT of this thread!!!
and,EVERY TIME you try to insecurely change the subject,it HILARIOUSLY proves that you CANT rationally defend him for it!!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Sat 09/01/18 11:08 AM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Sat 09/01/18 11:09 AM

Others in the industry ( and it is a industry) see what you did and they don't want you doing it while they are paying you. So you don't get hired
My advice to him:
Buy a Popeye's franchise before all your money is gone..which will be soon ..because either you owe one or in a year or so you will be working the drive thru window at one
You da man !! Lol

not buying it. This man was not the only one to 'disrupt business'. how many of the others were cut out?

Ray Rice...sued the NFL and won, but will still never wear a NFL uniform again... And he was way better than Collin...

I dont think the NFL any longer deserves Colin. I just want him to win the suit to send the message that certain types of retaliation against people's livelihoods for exercising free expression wont be tolerated.

he probably will...but that doesn't mean he'll have a job when it's over...no NFL team wants him, already been proven..

and,SOMETIMES,SOME people are willing to place their values above their own personal gain!

THOSE are the people who you know actually believe that what they are fighting for is the right thing,because they are willing to SACRIFICE something of value to try to make it happen.

that is A LOT different than all of these people who CLAIM that they believe in something,but aren't willing to try to do anything that might cost them something to try to make it happen,except spout off a few cheap,and empty words.

but,the people of integrity who are willing to SACRIFICE are the ones who actually change the world!!

lol...yea, he changed the world....that's why he's jobless right now...

but,it was for a cause that HE truly believes is worth it,because HE isn't small minded,and one dimensional,like SOME people are,who cant see past their own small world that they have imprisoned themselves in!

[PLUS,he doesn't NEED a job to survive,since he was paid over $12 MILLION DOLLARS,JUST in 2016,not to mention over $50 MILLION DOLLARS MORE that HE WAS PAID off of the contract he signed in 2014,and has GIVEN AWAY MILLIONS of dollars out of his own pocket to charity,so..do you REALLY think that HE is the 'jobless loser' you are trying to pretend that he is??]
[I wish I was a 'jobless loser' like him!!!]
laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Sat 09/01/18 10:51 AM

I've been working 3 weeks. The company has sent my family to six flags, gave out prizes at lunch at six flags. Bought lunch at work for employees last monday. I've accrued 7.4 vacation hours and I get paid for labor day. Good jobs are coming back. I have no experience at what I'm doing so it's paid on the job training. I have $100 to buy shoes from the company, free short term disability and $30,000 in free life insurance.

and what does THAT have to do with the fact that trumps is willing to give his super wealthy biliionaire cronies a $2 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX BREAKthat they don't need,but says that nw we cant afford to give all of the frderal employees the cost of living pay raise that they were SUPPOSEd to receive,that they DO need to support themselves.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

all THAT has to do with is YOU DESPERATELY trying to find some way to change the subject,and make an empty brag about something that you CLAIM you have to cheaply validate yourself out of personal insecurity,instead of discussing the subject of this discussion because there is no way that you can RATIONALLY defend trump for the way he has sold out the middle class of this country to line his own,and his super wealthy cronies pockets,and you know it!!

and,every time you try to deflect and change the subject without addressing it only validates everything I say that much more!!!

but,nobody cares about what you CLAIM that you have!!!
[except YOU!!!] laugh
talk is cheap!!
ESPECIALLY on the internet!!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/31/18 04:10 PM

My advice to him:
You da man !! Lol

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/31/18 03:49 PM
"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing
to help him go broke.

They stand four-square for the American home --but not for housing.

They are strong for labor -- but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights.

They favor minimum wage -- the smaller the minimum wage the better.

They endorse educational opportunity for all -- but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools.

They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine -- for people who can afford them.

They consider electrical power a great blessing -- but only when
the private power companies get their rake-off.

They think American standard of living is a fine thing -- so long as it doesn't spread to all the people.

And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."

- Harry S. Truman

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/31/18 03:39 PM

I'm wondering if there are any mature adults in the political forum?
What's with all the grade school mentality?
I half expect y'all to start pulling each other's hair and biting one another.
SHEESH
yawn

"GRADE SCHOOL mentality???" 'o'

I think that you are giving some of the people on here WAY TOO MUCH credit!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/31/18 02:57 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Fri 08/31/18 03:00 PM

Federal employees already have great salaries. It's nice to see Trump budgeting our money. I give him A+ for the week. :thumbsup:

REALLY??

you think that government workers make so much money that SUPER WEALTHY BILLIONAIRES need financial help more than they do??

so,tell us...
just how much money do you think that civil servants make??

and,what is the cost of living in the areas where they live?
[like in the washington D.C. area?]

surely you wouldn't mind enlightening us on these facts,since you act like you know everything well enough to justify helping super wealthy billionaires,and not them??

[and,PLEASE,show your work!!! we need FACTS to back 'your opinion' up with,cuz as we all know,'your opinion' isn't always as 'factual,as it needs to be!]
laugh

Wow. You really hate rich successful people. It's not about helping anybody. It's about being paid for what the job is wprth. I find most are over paid for the amount of work they do. They can always go to work somewhere else without all the benefits. All democrats think the tax cut stole their money. They don't see it as them living off others and waiting for a check.

SO,in other words,you CANT come up with any facts to back up your opinion that super wealthy billionaires need the money they got from the government because of trumps $2 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX CUT more than the federal workers need their cost of living raise that they were supposed to get????????

[WHODATHUNKIT???]

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/31/18 02:22 PM

Yahoo is a left wing liberal PoS site... so yeah they are FAKE

Typical right wing answer. And as usual, with nothing to back it up. No proof.

trumpsters don't like to let 'facts' into the bubbles they live in!!!

they tend to stink the place up,and make it REAL uncomfortable for them to try to live in them!!

and,as we all know,a trumpster cant survive out of their bubbles for very long,cuz they are allergic to reality!!

laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/31/18 02:13 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Fri 08/31/18 02:16 PM

Federal employees already have great salaries. It's nice to see Trump budgeting our money. I give him A+ for the week. :thumbsup:

REALLY??

you think that government workers make so much money that SUPER WEALTHY BILLIONAIRES need financial help more than they do??

so,tell us...
just how much money do you think that civil servants make??

and,what is the cost of living in the areas where they live?
[like in the washington D.C. area?]

surely you wouldn't mind enlightening us on these facts,since you act like you know everything well enough to justify helping super wealthy billionaires,and not them??

[and,PLEASE,show your work!!! we need FACTS to back 'your opinion' up with,cuz as we all know,'your opinion' isn't always as 'factual,as it needs to be!]
laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/31/18 10:56 AM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Fri 08/31/18 11:03 AM
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-cancels-scheduled-pay-raises-most-federal-employees-n905151

President Donald Trump announced Thursday that he was canceling scheduled pay raises for most federal employees that had been set to go into effect in January, citing government budget concerns.

In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump wrote that he’d decided “across-the-board” pay raises as well as locality pay raises for civilian federal workers in 2019 would be frozen.

“I have determined that for 2019, both across‑the‑board pay increases and locality pay increases will be set at zero,” he wrote.

In the letter, Trump said a 25.7-percent pay raise for localities, as well as a 2.1-percent pay increase for across-the-board pay, both scheduled for January 2019, would add billions to the federal deficit. Specifically, he pointed to the scheduled locality pay raise as costing $25 billion.

The move comes just nine months after Trump signed his $1.5-trillion tax cut bill into law and five months after he signed a mammoth $1.3-trillion spending bill.

Democrats and other critics of the tax cut bill attacked it as a gift to corporations and the wealthy, with little to help average Americans.

The combined effect of both bills is expected to send the government's budget deficit toward the $1 trillion mark next year, according to an analysis by the Congressional Budget Office. Deficits would grow to $1.5 trillion by 2028, the report projected, and could exceed $2 trillion if the tax cuts are fully extended and if Washington doesn't cut spending.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
so,trump is ok with giving the SUPER WEALTHY BILLIONAIRES a MULTI- TRILLION DOLLAR TAX CUT that will drive our deficit up OVER $1 TRILLION DOLLARS,but doesn't want to give MOST federal employees a measley 2.1% cost of living pay increase,or pay any money for the operation of our infrastructure.

[notice he said MOST federal employees,and not ALL federal employees!!! so,THAT means the SOME federal employees,like senators,and congressmen will STILL be getting THEIR pay raises,but all the REST of the federal employees wont be getting a DIME!!!]

it sure is funny that trump thought we could afford to give the SUPER WEALTHY BILLIONAIRES a $2 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX CUT,but we cant afford to give all of the poor,underpaid CIVIL servants a single dime!!!

[these aren't WELFARE recipients,or any of the OTHER people that all of the trump supporters keep whining about,and claiming are just lazy bums looking for a FREE HANDOUT,these are the HARD WORKING CIVL SERVANTS who go to work every day to keep this country,and its government running!!]

I just cant wait for some of the delusional trump supporters on here to put in their two cents,and tell us exactly HOW they can possibly believe that trump has the best interests of the common,working man,or the country in his heart,and isn't just a worthless piece of crap who is only trying to help the super wealthy billionaires [like HIMSELF] fleece the government or every penny they possibly can at the expense of the middle class,and every OTHER person in the united states ho isn't a millionaire/billionaire.

well,

we're waiting!!

lets hear it!!!

I am sure that we could all use a good laugh!

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/31/18 09:04 AM
A group of girlfriends is on vacation when they see a 5-story hotel with a sign that reads: "For Women Only." Since they are without their boyfriends and husbands, they decide to go in.

The bouncer, a very attractive guy, explains to them how it works. "We have 5 floors. Go up floor by floor, and once you find what you are looking for, you can stay there. It's easy to decide since each floor has a sign telling you what's inside."

So they start going up and on the first floor the sign reads: "All the men on this floor are short and plain." The friends laugh and without hesitation move on to the next floor.

The sign on the second floor reads: "All the men here are short and handsome." Still, this isn't good enough, so the friends continue on up.

They reach the third floor and the sign reads: "All the men here are tall and plain."

They still want to do better, and so, knowing there are still two floors left, they continued on up.

On the fourth floor, the sign is perfect: "All the men here are tall and handsome." The women get all excited and are going in when they realize that there is still one floor left. Wondering what they are missing, they head on up to the fifth floor.

There they find a sign that reads: "There are no men here. This floor was built only to prove that there is no way to please a woman."

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/30/18 05:33 PM

who cares what he 'strives' for in social status.

with intelligence, maybe he should 'strive' to pick up a book or two or three, and READ.

When you are president you can recommend a book for him to read. :upside_down:

well it shouldn't take being a president to read or recommend reading.

but even a president couldnt help him as he obviously doesn't and hasn't read much beyond his own biography and twitter feeds.

forget about telling him what to READ....

somebody needs to take a little bit of time and TEACH HIM HOW TO SPELL!!!!

laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/30/18 05:29 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Thu 08/30/18 05:31 PM

That money has to come from somewhere. :thinking: The economy is doing great. People who are paying 30% of their income should increase their income. Vote republican in Nov and make America great again.

I've worked for 3 weeks and already accrued 7.4 hours of vacation time. :hugging:

*WOW!!*

you have worked for 3 WHOLE WEEKS????
[and paid taxes on all of that 'paycheck' money,too!!]

you must be VERY proud of yourself!!

you DESERVE to be able to take half a day off!! :thumbsup:

laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/30/18 05:24 PM

I think all the democrats should hold their breath while waiting on the impeachment. :laughing:

BTW....

were you able to come up with that one ALL BY YOURSELF????

way to swing for the fences,slugger!!! :thumbsup:

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/30/18 04:37 PM

I think all the democrats should hold their breath while waiting on the impeachment. :laughing:

sorry,but we are too busy 'holding the bag' that trump has stuck the country with to try to hold anything else right now.

laugh laugh laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/30/18 04:34 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Thu 08/30/18 04:34 PM

All of the middle class I've talked to got a tax cut. Don't vote democrats in because all these welfare plans they have will cost more money. They will certainly raise taxes. Keep republicans in and vote in more.

but,yet,you are WHINING because you are having to pay for extra taxes now that the super wealthy people aren't having to pay for them??

I guess the 'truth' of those 'tax cuts' is finally starting to soak,in,huh??oops
laugh laugh laugh

so,welcome to the RESULTS of trump's new tax plan that you are having to pay for!!!
[and the REALLY BAD PART hasn't even started yet,cuz they wrote it to have a time delay so that you wouldn't realize HOW BAD it actually was!]explode

all I can tell you is that YOU SUPPORTED HIM,so at least have the decency to just take it,and stop whining about how you are having to PAY EXTRA TAXES now,because,you got what you wanted!!

[but,i actually think that your whining about it now is HILARIOUS!!!]

the ancient Chinese had a curse that goes "may you get what you wish for!"

NOW you know what it means!!

laugh laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/30/18 04:24 PM

How pathetic are those who sit and wait for a car accident to happen. I guess a little less pathetic them those who wish for a car accident to happen.

But either way, pathetic is the correct word.

I prefer to think of it as an antibiotic killing off an infection named 'trump' that our country is suffering from,which is actually a HAPPY thing,since it will finally allow the country to heal...

what is 'pathetic' is allowing the infection to run unchecked,and trying to stop the doctor from giving the country the vaccine it desperately needs,just because YOU don't like the way the medicine tastes.

there was something in the news the other day about a couple who was convicted of manslaughter for not allowing their child to receive the medical care that it needed to live.

the article said:
"Our laws recognize that you have a duty to care for your child's health and welfare, and we cannot justify a parent not seeking health care for their children when their children are ill," said Berks County District Attorney John Adams."

our country is like that child,and we have a duty to it,and THAT is how I feel about the people who are standing in the way of our country getting the help that it needs!!

and,you try to claim that it is 'pathetic'??

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/30/18 04:07 PM

Home owners don't get the same consideration. Even though most probably pay more than a renter. This morning I paid $996 for house insurance. On the 18th I sent SunTrust $1000. That's a lot more than people in my area pay for rent. To add a tax to me to supplement someone paying less in rent is nothing more than stealing wealth.

and,to give SUPER WEALTHY BILLIONAIRES a $2 TRILION DOLLAR TAX BREAK ,while they try to make middle class citizens PAY MORE to try to make up the difference DOESNT sound like 'stealing wealth' to you,just because it is favoring super wealthy billionaires??

cuz,if the SUPER WEALTHY BILLIONAIRES,who just got a $2 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX BREAK,thanks to trumps new tax plan were paying THEIR FAIR SHARE OF TAXES,then you wouldnt have to worry about paying EXTRA taxes to try to make all of the uncollected tax money up,would you??

[where did you THINK that $2 TRILLION DOLLARS that the country needs to pay for things was going to come from,since the SUPER WEALTHY BILLIONAIRES don't have to pay it now??? ]

welcome to the results of trump's new tax plan!!!

I hope you are happy with yourself!

[or,at least will stop COMPLAINING now that NOW,you have to pay extra taxes!!]

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/30/18 03:52 PM
trump lives in his own alternative reality,where he thinks that everybody is stupid,and that they will believe anything that he tells them!

unfortunately,he is right with about 35% of the American people,who are the ones who make up his base,and their willingness to blindly accept anything he tells them only exacerbates his sense of invincibility,and allows him to believe that it is really true.

unfortunately for HIM,though,is the fact that everyone who is not already part of his base can see right through his transparent attempts to blatantly lie every time something happens that he doesn't want to face the reality of.

also,unfortuately for him,is the fact that special investigator Robert Mueller is not as naïve as his base is,and has the ability to see through trump's lies,and is continuing to actively investigate what is a childishly blatant attempt to cover up all of the things that trump has done,no matter how desperately he attempts to deny reality.

the WATERGATE probe took over 2 years of investigation before Nixon had to resign in shame,so we can expect the investigation into Russian interference in our 2016 election,and trumps/his campaign's involvement with Russia,and all of the side investigatios that Mueller is uncovering to continue to go on for quite a while longer,especially since trump keeps doing more and more things that are potential obstruction of justice charges to try to stop mueller's investigation that Mueller will have to investigate before he closes his investigation...

and,ALL this time,trump,enabled by his base who doesn't care about facts,and surrounded by a group of people who further enable him CONTINUES to act like a spoiled child who suffers from affluenza,and has never had any boundaries set against him,and continues to tell blatant lies that are easily disproved by anyone with an I.Q. above 50 who cares enough to fact check him.

so,is it any surprise that trump is trying to claim that he didn't actually say the things that he said,or did the things that he did,and that there is a conspiracy against him because,just like everything he has ever done in his life,he has NEVER had to face the responsibility for his words,and his actions,and has made denying reality a way of life,no matter how absurd it seems to anyone with an ounce of common sense.

I think EVERYBODY would be A LOT MORE surprised if trump actually TOLD THE TRUTH about ANYTHING,than we would about him telling another lie,and childishly trying to deny reality!!

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25