Wed 08/29/18 10:37 AM

Allegations are allegations.

Allegations without basis in fact,
still amount to nothing more than
allegations without basis in fact.

Watching the liberal hysteria and meltdowns
is the most amusing part of the show.

This. :thumbsup: :smile:

is this what you say when an alleged arsonist moves into your neighborhood?
your grandchildren's neghborhood?
an allged thief?
an alleged gangster?
an alleged woman beater?
an alleged sexual predator?
an alleged child molester?

trump is,at best,an 'alleged' president!!!

but,what else can you possibly expect to get when you elect a C list reality show actor who is used to just playing a part,and pretending that he is something that he isn't?

I think that we would have done A LOT better if we had at least gotten one that that had actually PLAYED a president before,instead of one that had only played a spoiled,self entitled @$$hole!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Wed 08/29/18 09:23 AM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Wed 08/29/18 09:27 AM
people like THAT need to be mercilessly publically ridiculed for the rest of her life so that people do not think that THAT sort of behavior is socially acceptable!!

but,NOW,thanks to worthless attention whores like the kardashians,and MORONIC shows on TLC that give 'fame' to people and celebrate them for being dysfunctional,all of these delusional people with delusions of grandeur,and an extremely exaggerated sense of their own self worth seem to think that this IS what 'reality' is supposed to be like.

if it was up to me,i would put a bounty on ALL of those worthless *****!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Wed 08/29/18 06:03 AM

Allegations are allegations.

Allegations without basis in fact,
still amount to nothing more than
allegations without basis in fact.

Watching the liberal hysteria and meltdowns
is the most amusing part of the show.

Glad you are amused. But this isn't "House of Cards", this is real life, and when this president of yours screws it up for the country, ALL of us are going to pay.

The phrase goes that "the fish stinks from the head down". This guy promised to "drain the swamp" and put the best people in charge. We are seeing guys who work for Trump taking plea deals at a level that is rivaling the Nixon staff. Innocent men don't take plea deals.

If you are saying Trump is THAT clean, but just made a bunch of bad decisions about the plea-bargaining crooks he surrounded himself with, I am going to guess you still believe in the Tooth Fairy.

If nothing else, all Trump did was re-stock the swamp with more reptiles, not drain it like he promised you.

When are you going to admit to yourself that he duped you? You voted for a phony. Me, when I get taken in by someone as two-faced and fake, I feel embarrassment, anger, and a responsibility to try to help fix the situation. But yes, first there is always denial.

Your Emperor has no clothes.

but trump DID drain the swamp!!!.....

[ he drained it right into HIS CABINET! ]
oops

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 08/28/18 11:13 AM

hahaha

imagine men at Times Square naked from clothes but painted.

Would they all be elephants?

the early bird might get the worm,but the second mouse gets the cheese!!!
laugh

but,back OT:

to celebrate 'topless' day,i am going to go take the top off of my bottle of crown,and drink some when I get off!!
drinker

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 08/28/18 11:08 AM
"Don't confuse patriotism with tribal politics."

~John McCain

:thumbsup:

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 08/28/18 10:54 AM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Tue 08/28/18 10:59 AM

I want to steer clear of painting every 'mental illness' with the same brush, not all mental illness translates into being a danger to society. That is why it may be an idea for health professionals to flag those patients who they feel could harm others. OR there could simply be a mandatory psych review when purchasing a gun. That way people have no reason to avoid treatment. and it will be more difficult for those who may be a harm to LEGALLY get their hands on their own gun(this does nothing if they live with or are close to someone else with a gun though ... which is another issue)

I agree!!!

there are SO MANY things that could be considered a 'mental illness' that if anybody with ANY of them were considered unfit to ever own a gun,we might as well just kiss the second amendment goodbye!!

'depression' is considered a mental illness,and just about EVERYBODY becomes depressed at some level,at some point in their lives,but being depressed dosnt mean that you are about to go off your rocker,and go on a shooting spree,especially since most people who have suffered from depression overcome it and go on to lead normal,and productive lives.

'substance abuse' is also considered a mental illness,and substance abuse can be considered 'anybody that has had more than 3-5 drinks in a night',or 'someone that drinks more than 1-2 nights per week',which would pretty much mean that virtually everybody in the country has at one time,or another had a mental illness,and I refuse to believe that somebody that had a few drinks in their younger years is not fit to own a gun as an adult,and is a danger to society.

so,mental health issues' is pretty much just a blanket term that people like to throw around,but there are sure an AWFUL LOT of things that CAN BE considered a 'mental health issue' that I feel it would be stupid to try to use to deny people their second amendment rights because they are not necessarily a danger to society,and if you TRY to do it like that,then all you are going to do is force people who WOULD be going and getting help with their problems to NOT get the help they need,out of fear of being persecuted for it.

and,THEN where would we be??

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 08/28/18 10:38 AM

Let's face it.
The fact that we tolerate these types of people to run for office, then elect them, tells more about us than we want to admit.

The 'good' candidates, the ones that do have honor and integrity, that will represent us, that won't act with a personal agenda are pushed out of the election early on by the under-handed, rich and powerful narcissistic glory grabbers.

Our current nominating system is broken...It's not working.
Its past time for a change.
Its time to start making election decisions based on honesty and integrity to elect the best person to represent the nation instead of just going with the power and money leaders.
Until we start getting smarter, we get what we deserve.

the very FIRST thing that we need to do to accomplish that is to get the corporate money out of politics!!
when the 'citizens united' ruling that said that corporations are people,and money equals free speech,which is protected under the first amendment,so that corporations,and political action commitees could ANONYMOUSLY donate UNLIMITED amounts of money to political campaigns,it pretty much sold the leadership of or government out to the highest bidder!

the ONLY solution to THAT problem would be to legislate that all political campaigns re paid for out of a government fund,which would not only make sure that our politicians are not beholden to the corporate donors,and special interest groups that paid to put them in office,and would ONLY be working to represent THE PEOPLE,like they are supposed to be.

it would also ensure that they could spend all of their time DOING THEIR JOB,instead of spending most of their time trying to fundraise to raise capital to pay for their elections/re-election campaigns.

SECOND,we need to pass legislation to ensure that political parties can not gerrymander their districts so that one party has an unfair advantage over the other one!

we ALSO need to get rid of electoral college,which gives states that are VERY sparesly populated,such as montana,and the Dakotas just as much power as the states that hold the majority of our population,and also awards 'winner-takes-all' to ALL the votes in some states,which denies MILLIONS of people the right of having their votes count for the candidate of their choice,and even makes their votes count AGAINST the people/party they wish to support.

until THEN we are just going to CONTINUE to get bad candidates who become bad politicians that do not support the will of the majority of the population of this country!

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 08/28/18 10:23 AM

What has he done now? Stole more of his own money. :thinking:

if you are still asking those questions at this point,i don't believe that you really want to know the answer,so trying to explain it to you would be an exercise of futility,and I am not going to waste any of my time playing childish games that people use when they cant rationally defend their opinions.

all I can do is tell you that google is your friend,and you should learn how to do a little bit of research if you want anyone to consider your opinions are valid,because when you ask questions like THOSE,then all you are doing is inviting ridicule to both YOU,and your opinions!

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 08/28/18 08:40 AM
It is now in the news that Paul Manafort tried to strike a plea deal with the prosecution before his trial,but it was denied,and Manafort was convicted of several charges.

And,NOW manafort is facing even MORE charges in a separate trial that will begin in September,so it is likely that he will once again seek a plea deal from the prosecution.

Since some of the charges against Manafort are STATE charges,and NOT FEDERAL charges,trump would be unable to issue a pardon to Manafort for them.

Former trump 'fixer' attorney Michael Cohen has ALREADY pleaded guilty to charges,and made a plea deal to testify against trump...

Former trump associate David Pecker,who is the owner of the national enquirer,who had made a habit of secretly buying up,and 'killing' stories that would have been embarrassing to trump on trumps behalf has also received immunity for testimony about his involvement in the trump campaign...

Allen Weisselburg,who is the long time Chief Financial Officer of the trump organization has ALSO reached an immunity agreement to give testimony about trump,and his business dealings.

Former trump campaign advisor George Papadopoulis,former trump deputy campaign manager Rick Gates,and national security advisor Michael Flynn have all already pled guilty to crimes uncovered by special counsel Robert Mueller.

Special counsel Robert Mueller continues to investigate Russian attempts to influence the 2016 presidential election, possible coordination by Trump’s campaign, and other issues arising from the probe.

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 08/28/18 07:37 AM

I think it is really weird that there are so commercials on tv about prescription drugs in the United States, and I live in the US.

and,lets not forget that we are just about the only industrialized country in the world that doesn't offer its citizens health care as a right,while we are STILL paying even MORE in medical bills that the countries that DO offer health care to its citizens,a great percentage of which is already being paid for out of our tax money by medicare,and for programs for people who cant afford to pay the super high prices for the health care that they need to keep themselves alive.

since we are already paying the money for it,anyway,we might as well ALL get it.and regulate the market so that it wont cost nearly as much,like it does for medicare.
[MEDICARE DOESNT PAY NEARLY AS MUCH for the same healthcare that private citizens,and insurance companies pay out the @$$ for,because THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED to RAPE/charge the government the outrageous prices that they charge private citizens,and insurance companies!!!]

shovelheaddave's photo
Tue 08/28/18 07:17 AM

The Jacksonville, Florida, Sheriff's Office said there was a mass shooting with multiple fatalities at a downtown shopping-dining complex on Sunday and urged people to stay far away from the area.

"Mass shooting at the Jacksonville Landing. Stay far away from the area. The area is not safe at this time. STAY AWAY #TheLandingMassShooting," the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said on Twitter.
The shooting occurred during a qualifying event for the Madden 19 Tournament at the GLHF Game Bar, according to the Twitter of CompLexity Gaming, one of the gaming teams. One Madden participant, Young Drini, was grazed in the hand and is away from the scene and safe, Complexity said.

http://mingle2.com/topic/new?forum_id=14

in school, at movies, at gaming events ,,, one just never knows anymore.

Immediately or within months of these types of shootings the story eventually comes out "The Shooter has mental issues"!

Quote: David Katz, the 24-year-old gunman who opened fire at a video game tournament, had previously been hospitalized for mental illness, according to court records in his home state of Maryland reviewed by The Associated Press. Divorce filings from his parents say Katz was hospitalized twice in psychiatric facilities as an adolescent and said he was prescribed antipsychotic and antidepressant medications.

I keep asking and few want to address the question:
"How do documented, mentally ill people legally obtain weapons of any kind"?

Why aren't the state and federal laws being enforced at the time of purchase?

The antigun people REFUSE to address this question. In Parkland one student tried to and the media refused to talk to him.

I just renewed my Indiana carry permit and I'll tell you I had to jump though more hoops that a circus has: and that's how it should be. It took Indiana 2 months to finish their inquiry into my past in order to find no problems of any kind.

Anyone selling or providing a weapon to a person with a known mental illness should be held accountable if that person commits a crime with said weapon.

A shooting happened in our area 10 years ago. The person was mentally ill and the licensed gun store sold him a hand gun without a background check. Not only was the state weapon license cancelled but the dealer was taken to court by the city and state and prosecuted. This kind of back ground check should be happening country wide.

I totally agree. How does someone with a mental history get a gun? If the guns were in fact legal it is a big problem

History of mental issued needs to = no legal way to own guns..period

because,unless the people with mental problems are discovered to have mental problems by the courts,and OFFICIALLY ordered to seek mental help,then their medical records are private,under the HIPPA laws,and the ATFE doesn't have access to those records!

because,not EVERY person who seeks mental help is a danger to society,and,unless the physician who diagnoses the person to have mental problems feels that they ARE a danger to society,then they do not have to pass that information along to the courts,which SOME people might protest this idea of privacy for people with mental problems,but if people with mental problems feel that they are going to wind up being persecuted for SEEKING mental health,then they will not try to get the help that they need,which will STILL means that not only these people who go on a shooting spree will still be a danger to society,BUT so will ALL OF THE REST of the people who actually GOT the help they needed to PREVENT themselves from being a danger to society,which would be even WORSE for society,as you would have A LOT MORE mentally unstable people who could possible go on their own shooting spree.

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 08/27/18 04:05 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Mon 08/27/18 04:15 PM

Mass shootings are terrible no matter what ethnic group the murderers belong too.

Smh

I agree with you!!!

I think it says an AWFUL LOT about the character of any human being who would try to turn a tragedy like this into an opportunity to make racist comments!!!

check out some other threads sometimes, that character is not so uncommon or unacceptable, depending on who is being focused on.

I realize that,'character' is a matter of perspective.

psychologically,though,behavior like that hints at a person who suffers from a GREAT INSECURITY,and also,a lack of intelligence,and compassion,and would be thought of as a severe character flaw by most people who are considered to be 'decent' people by most modern societies.

there will ALWAYS be people whose 'character' does not live up to the requirements that modern society deems proper,but,luckily,those people are in the minority,and most of them do not have the courage to act like that,or say things like that in public,where they will have to own those behaviors,and face ostracization from anyone who does not share their antisocial behavior.

just look at the 'white pride' rally that they tried to have to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the tragic event that happened in charlottesville....

the public opinion of outrage at that sort of behavior was so strong that only about 20 people had the courage to publically stand up and publically claim those views,and face being ostracized by modern,polite society,while the people protesting them numbered in the hundreds,and even thousands!
so,while,in some circles/places,there might be people who think that sort of behavior is acceptable,LUCKILY,most people think that it is unacceptable in this day and age to think/act like that,and it is only mainly in places where the people who have those antisocial views can remain anonymous,and don't have to publically own them,and suffer for having them,such as on the internet,that behavior like that is practiced,and has the freedom from public outrage that allows that type of behavior to flourish.
with all the racism going on in the world, why is it your only focus is on white racism?

why is it that YOU ASSUME that my comments are ONLY focused on white racism when I was only talking about how 'racism' is an antisocial behavior that modern society is ostracizing people that practice it?

I guess it all goes back to that old saying...
"when you throw a rock into a pack of dogs,the one that yelps is the one that just got hit!",huh?
[that is what psychologists would call "a Freudian slip" on your part!!]

what, do you think I don't read your posts? When have you ever talked about black or muslim racism? When have you ever talked about any other racism other than white? Not here you haven't...

that is simply because there are so many more LEGITIMATE examples of 'white racism' in the news to talk about than of any other kind.

ESPECIALLY since the president of the united states,AND his party are the posterboys for white racism,and the advancement of white rscism,and have MADE IT such a huge part of current events.

I have also noticed that the few cases of other types of racism that people talk about are MAINLY just a bunch of white racists who are trying to defend THEIR OWN racism via the process of 'transferance'!

so,an attempt to try to ATTACK ME out of desperation for NOT talking about the types of racism that YOU want to talk about as a way to DEFEND the type of racism that you DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT is both transparent,and pathetic!!
[and ALSO a sign that YOU DONT HAVE ANY RATIONAL ARGUMENT that you can use to try to defend your point of view!!!!!!! ] oops
laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 08/27/18 10:30 AM
LMAO!!!

there is no such thing as 'a perjury trap'....

there is only PERJURY!!

laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 08/27/18 10:24 AM

Mass shootings are terrible no matter what ethnic group the murderers belong too.

Smh

I agree with you!!!

I think it says an AWFUL LOT about the character of any human being who would try to turn a tragedy like this into an opportunity to make racist comments!!!

check out some other threads sometimes, that character is not so uncommon or unacceptable, depending on who is being focused on.

psychologically,though,behavior like that hints at a person who suffers from a GREAT INSECURITY,and also,a lack of intelligence,and compassion,and would be thought of as a severe character flaw by most people who are considered to be 'decent' people by most modern societies.

there will ALWAYS be people whose 'character' does not live up to the requirements that modern society deems proper,but,luckily,those people are in the minority,and most of them do not have the courage to act like that,or say things like that in public,where they will have to own those behaviors,and face ostracization from anyone who does not share their antisocial behavior.

just look at the 'white pride' rally that they tried to have to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the tragic event that happened in charlottesville....

the public opinion of outrage at that sort of behavior was so strong that only about 20 people had the courage to publically stand up and publically claim those views,and face being ostracized by modern,polite society,while the people protesting them numbered in the hundreds,and even thousands!
so,while,in some circles/places,there might be people who think that sort of behavior is acceptable,LUCKILY,most people think that it is unacceptable in this day and age to think/act like that,and it is only mainly in places where the people who have those antisocial views can remain anonymous,and don't have to publically own them,and suffer for having them,such as on the internet,that behavior like that is practiced,and has the freedom from public outrage that allows that type of behavior to flourish.
with all the racism going on in the world, why is it your only focus is on white racism?

why is it that YOU ASSUME that my comments are ONLY focused on white racism when I was only talking about how 'racism' is an antisocial behavior that modern society is ostracizing people that practice it?

I guess it all goes back to that old saying...
"when you throw a rock into a pack of dogs,the one that yelps is the one that just got hit!",huh?
[that is what psychologists would call "a Freudian slip" on your part!!]

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 08/27/18 10:03 AM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Mon 08/27/18 10:14 AM

Smh

I agree with you!!!

just look at what has happened to people who say things like that on 'twitter',where a persons identity is actualy publically associated with their account...
while there ARE some people who tweet things like that,the people who are famous enough to be KNOWN by the public who say things like that have been facing GREAT outrage at racist remarks from the public,and have had their lives,and careers ruined for their racist views,and comments that they have been foolish enough to make in a forum where they would have to publically own them.
[just look at what happened to ROSEANNE!!!]
so,while that sort of behavior IS still practiced in some places,mainly in the places where people can ANONYMOUSLY behave like that,luckily for society,it is NOT an opinion that the majority of the public is willing to publically own,since it comes with such great repercussions,which is the first step in eradicating it from society.

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 08/27/18 09:32 AM
I sang a song for someone that was in the hospital this morning.

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 08/27/18 09:26 AM
I think that the key reason for using words at all is to communicate our thoughts to each other,and in some cases,a slang word,or expression might even be more descriptive than the original non-slang word might be,thus better communicating the idea or thought that you were trying to share.

cuz,think about it...
there are LOTS of words and phrases that are the 'proper' way to say something,but we do not use them because they do not properly convey the meaning that we wish to convey,which makes it harder to understand our original thought that we wished to communicate to someone..

that is why we do not communicate in 'legalese',because while it might 'technically' be the 'correct' word to use,it is so difficult to understand that the meaning of the thought we wished to convey would get lost,unless you had a lawyer,or someone specially trained in that language to translate it for you.

the key to ANY language is simply to communicate out thoughts to each other,so you HAVE TO use the language that the person you are talking to is familiar with,otherwise they are not going to understand what you are trying to tell them.

as an example...,what would be easier for the average person to understand...
the phrase "it is a useless endeavor to attempt to indoctrinate a superannuated canine with innovative maneuvers."
or
"you cant teach an old dog new tricks"?

I believe that the "PROPER" words to use are the ones which make it easiest for the person you are trying to communicate with to understand what you are trying to tell them,and 'slang' is just a matter of semantics,since the difference between a 'slang' word,and a 'proper' word is nothing but the fact of whether or not somebody,like the Oxford English Dictionary has decided to include it in their book,and declare that it is an actual word.
[and,who says that THEIR opinion is the one that is important enough that it defines reality?]

shovelheaddave's photo
Sun 08/26/18 04:56 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Sun 08/26/18 05:03 PM

Trump is probably going to stay in office dispite democrats attempt to Derail him.

BTW the Pope is surrounded by a Wall ! Vatican City !

:smile:

and,so was 'BERLIN',but FOR SOME REASON,everybody rejoiced when it was finally torn down.
[whodathunkit?]

The Pope will always have the Wall ! Rudy is no guarantee to anything because Trump is not Out Yet!

Berlin Wall needed to be down, not a good comparison. However it is Libral Logic.

the pope ALSO wears a dress,talks to an imaginary friend,and is in charge of an organization that is well known for being nazi sympathizers,and molesting young boys...

did the thought ever cross your mind that maybe the wall is more to protect us from him,than it is the other way around?

and,Rudy isn't a guarantee of ANYTHING,no matter WHO is in office!!!
but,judging by his rantings,and ramblings,I am sure that he will be institutionalized before much longer,before he becomes a danger to himself,or anybody around him.
[maybe we should build a wall around rudy??]
(but,lets wait until AFTER Robert Mueller releases the findings of his investigation,because I DEARLY wish for rudy to be the one trying to represent trump,cuz I am sure that whatever his defense is,it will be HILARIOUS!!!)

shovelheaddave's photo
Sun 08/26/18 04:28 PM

Trump is probably going to stay in office dispite democrats attempt to Derail him.

BTW the Pope is surrounded by a Wall ! Vatican City !

:smile:

and,so was 'BERLIN',but FOR SOME REASON,everybody rejoiced when it was finally torn down.
[whodathunkit?]

but,back OT,WHATEVER rudy guiliani said,you can be absolutely guaranteed that it was bats**t crazy,and he sounded EXREMELY DESPERATE when he said it!!

laugh

shovelheaddave's photo
Sun 08/26/18 04:05 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Sun 08/26/18 04:36 PM

Liberal coolaid :joy: I don't think people who are more concerned about someone's sex life than they are job, economy, security, should be allowed to vote. It's almost like they don't want jobs.:thinking:

1) The jobs Trump is taking credit for are a result of 8 years of Obama's stewardship over a broken economy handed to him by the previous administration. If you LOOKED at the CHARTS, you could see that.

2) the investigation is not about a sex life (Trump's sex life and kinks are something I do NOT want to think about. Pee? Gross.), but it is about ILLEGAL CAMPAIGN DONATIONS, and COLLUSION with a foreign government to sway a US election.

3) You are now proposing violating the constitution regarding who should and should not be able to vote? Cool, I then propose we prohibit folks from voting if guilty of any one of the following:

-a) People who watch WWE (especially those who believe Trump's appearances on there were not staged)
-b) people who don't read (again, Trump states he doesn't read)
-c) people who don't know the what is contained in the Constitution, which is the document the president in his oath swears to follow.
-d) Any American who at the age of 70 does not know proper US flag etiquette, and has to be taught by his foreign-born wife
-e) Anyone registered to vote in more than one state (Trump voted for himself in NY and NJ)

addressing #2 :
a president,or any other elected official who is in a position of power,who has secrets,such as sexual escapades,that he is so ashamed of that they desperately try to hide them from the public is an elected official who can potentially be manipiulated,and coerced into doing things against the best interests of their country,if the wrong people get that information that they can potentially use against them!!

people like THAT are the bread&butter of ANY 'security agency','intelligence agency','espionage agency',or even 'private corporations' who are ALWAYS on the lookout for information like that to use to control people in a position of power,and/or to coerce them into giving up vital information that is SUPPOSEd to be secret!!

so,donald trump,since he has secrets like these,is even more of a security risk to the country than he would normally be because of his ignorance,and insecurities.

reasons like THAT are what is REALLY IMPORTANT,NOT who he happened to be screwing,or the fact that he was screwing them in the first place.

[although,you HAVE TO admit...a person who LACKS THE SELF CONTROL to NOT CHEAT on his WIFE PROBABLY wouldn't think twice about not being faithful to OTHER things,like his country,or the people who elected him either,so that is STILL sort of an important to know about him!!!]
oops

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25