Community > Posts By > shovelheaddave

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 08/13/18 04:28 PM
i like dogs,but i just cant seem to finish a whole one by myself.

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 08/13/18 04:27 PM
i was declared the winner of the 'best bloody mary contest' that we held yesterday.

i won first prize,which was a GREAT bloody mary!!
drinker

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 08/13/18 04:24 PM

How come some people get more ignorant with age?
Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Shouldn't we get more open minded and accept eachother more?
Why I ask is because I see a tendency around the world with hatred.... mostly among the elderly.
Is it because they wanna hang on to what they once knew, being afraid of might come?

i think that the mistake you made in the title of your thread ought to tell you everything that you need to know!

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 08/13/18 04:20 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Mon 08/13/18 04:22 PM

This may seem like a stupid question. But can any member post a new subject in the forums? I only ask because I see the same members over & over again. It's beginning to look like a closed "Cool Kids Only" type of thing.

?????

that is a pretty strange thing to have to ask,OP,considering that you just started a new thread to ask that question!!

so,my answer is 'NO'!!

you have to be on the 'new thread starter' list in order to start a new thread,or else 'they' will hunt you down,and let all of the air out of your tires while you are asleep!

;-p

shovelheaddave's photo
Mon 08/13/18 02:06 PM

If one removed roads from a deteriorating neighborhood in the flood zone and replaced them with elevated boardwalk paths; build a parking garage and rooftop culture establishment for local organizations at the central access road, in the neighborhood install pilings at the corners of the houses, elevate them, remove compacted foundations, and plant ground with nut trees, leaf packaging-material, and other forest products, and have occasional crop fields around the outskirts for open space view from houses in the forest edge and for farm work exercise,

what opinions would there be about it?

the thing that you are not considering is that you are talking about convincing PRIVATE CITIZENS to spend MILLIONS of dollars out of their own pockets to make ridiculous alterations to their PRIVATE PROPERTY!!

and,it wouldnt take but a FEW of them to decide they didnt want any part of this expensive fantasy to throw a mokey wrench into the gears,because THEN,they would have to bear the expense of maintaining TWO sets of infrastructure...one for the lowlanders,aand another one for the treetoppers,and considering how much trouble it has been to get the taxpayers to carry the burden of maintaining a SINGLE set of infrastructures,i think that by itself would make this little fantasy world impossible.

shovelheaddave's photo
Sat 08/11/18 04:34 PM
the sunday funday [cookout] we are having tomorrow.
I have been prepping the food all afternoon.

the theme tomorrow is "lets see who can make the best bloody mary!"

the winner gets a bloody mary!

drinks

shovelheaddave's photo
Sat 08/11/18 04:29 PM

I don't like crowded places... actually despise them.

I am TOTALLY in agreement with you on THAT!!!

flowers

shovelheaddave's photo
Sat 08/11/18 04:26 PM
I was born here in the U.S.,so I am a native American.

:angel:

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/10/18 03:57 PM

UNHCR

#800.........

Is advertised on TV to help illegal immigrants children!

So there is something being done to help the poor coming to this Country.

Surely All those for illegal immigrants crossing the US boarders are. the First

To call and send money to help!

A LOT of those 'illegal' immigrant children you are talking about came here legally,seeking asylum,and were illegally detained,illegally seperated from their parents,and illegally denied the right to legally seek asylum by jeff sessions,and donald trump,so,exactly WHO do you think that means the real criminals actually are??

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/10/18 03:43 PM
GOOD!!!

its about time we got someone who is interested in FIGHTING the corruption in politics,instead of becoming a posterchild for it!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/10/18 10:42 AM
i have been extremely blessed in my life,and am fairly well off,but in my job,i see people every day who,through no fault of their own have not been blessed like i am,and are suffering through extreme hardships.

they are good people,who are hard workers,but the way that the deck has been stacked against them by the politicians who are supposed to be serving in office to make their lives better,but are instead are just greedy,self serving,bought&paid for shills who are serving their corporate masters,it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to be able to get ahead,like my grandparents did when they immigrated to this country to escape the oppression they were facing in serbia.

so,i have absolutely no problem being grateful to this country which has provided so much to me,and giving back to society for the blessings that i have received from it,before it started turning so oppressive to all but the super wealthy,whether that means serving my country,and community,helping out people individually,or paying just a little bit more in taxes to fund the programs that help people who TRULY need help.

THAT is what being successful is TRULY about...not how much money you can claim that you have,but about being a good,charitable person,whether you have money,or not!

but when the people who DONT NEED HELP are the only ones who are getting it,and it is coming at the expense of the ones who truly do need it,it is an insult to the founding principles of this country,which was created so that people could escape from the oppression they were facing from the elites.

it doesnt matter if you have a lot of money,or not...being a superficial,greedy,self centered person doesnt make you a success at life...
it just makes you an ***hole!

so,i am proud to be able to consider myself a SUCCESS at life!!!

but you see the trump supporters,and republicans who try to PRETEND like they are successful...
they are bitter,miserable,and filled with hate,instead of filed with joy for the blessings that they have received!
[and MOST of them claim that they are 'christians',but it is painfully obvious that they dont even have the slightest idea what that is supposed to mean!...i am an ATHIEST,and i practice more christian principles than they EVER will!!]

no matter how much they have,they will NEVER be successful!!!!...

they will just be a bunch of self centered ***holes who make themselves more bitter and miserable everyday because they dont understand what being a success is TRULY about!

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/10/18 09:51 AM
RAIN!!! drool

:thumbsup:

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/10/18 09:49 AM
i love mexican food. love

shovelheaddave's photo
Fri 08/10/18 09:44 AM

You just make me laugh.
Because through the Obama years these companies assume maybe less than zero taxes pd...all because of moving profits overseas.......

Making it impossible to detect all their profits....lmao

Go vote.. Your here instead of talking to someone who has the power to change it.

Go figure.
I dont write tax code.

LMAO!!!!

1}what you posted actually helps PROVE what i am saying,because it confirms that these american companies are practicing tax evasion and not paying taxes because they are moving their profits overseas so that they can hide them from the IRS to avoid paying taxes on them.
[but for some reason,that little fact slipped right by you!! LMAO
you sure make it easy to win an argument with you,when you confirm what i have just said!!!] LMAO!!!!!!!!

2]the fact that these companies are practicing tax evasion by moving their profits overseas,ON TOP OF GETTING BILLIONS/TRILLIONS of dollars in tax breaks just makes what is happening all that much more sad,and dispicable.

so,they DAMN SURE dont need MORE tax breaks,do they?

3] tax returns dont lie when it comes to the actual figures that these multi billion dollar corporations that we are giving HUGE tax breaks to are paying int ot he government in taxes....
ZERO taxes paid in is ZERO taxes paid in,and since THEY are not paying any taxes,then that means that SOMEBODY has to make up the difference to keep the country,and its infrastructure operating,and that SOMEBODY is the MIDDLE CLASS,who are having to pay MORE than their fair share of taxes because these HUGELY PROFITABLE MULTIBILLION DOLLAR CORPORATIONS ARENT PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE!!!!

you have not posted anything to disprove that,because you cant!!
all you can do is babble,and try to deflect by telling me to go talk to someone else,because you dont have any RATIONAL argument to use to do it.
[which makes your argument...,what was that phrase you used.....'taco bell gas'??] lol

but,i dont think that REALLY surprises ANYBODY,does it??

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/09/18 03:48 PM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Thu 08/09/18 04:06 PM

Bwahahaha
Are you kidding?

All kids get to go to school. Period. What they make of that...and..and now add to it with AP classes...free tech schools mind you.
Get a grip.
Its out there.

Corps not paying taxes? Name a few for us.
Not paying their fair share when they pay almost all? Bwahahahaha

True. Got a job couple kids some debt and stillsinking...yeah yeah yeah
Get another job! Maybe a 3rd.
Raised my son on 1 full 2 pt jobs and put my partner through college.

Your argument is built on gas...the Taco Bell type.

name a few?....

you are on here running your mouth so much like you are an expert on the subject of american economics,i would think that you would know something as basic as THIS,WITHOUT having to get other people to do your research for you!!

but,not a problem!!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/meet-the-18-companies-that-paid-no-taxes-over-8-years/

"Below are 18 highly profitable companies that paid NO federal income tax from 2008-2015, according to ITEP. Many of them are in the energy sector.

1.Pepco Holdings

2.PG&E Corp. [Pacific GAS & ENERGY]

3.Wisconsin Energy

4.NiSource
5.International Paper

6.FirstEnergy

7.Priceline.com

8.Amos Energy

9.General Electric

10.American Electric Power

11.Ryder System

12.Duke Energy

13.NextEra Energy

14.Xcel Energy

15.Ameren

16.CMS Energy

17.Sempra Energy

18.Eversource Energy"

when HUGELY SUCCESSFUL,MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANIES like PACIFIC GAS&ELECTRIC,and GENERAL ELECTRIC arent paying ANY income tax
at all,there is something wrong with that system!!

and,isnt it a funny coincidence that there are so many of them in THE ENERGY SECTOR??

gee,i wonder why THAT is??

and,this is just the FIRST LIST that came up on google,there are LOTS MORE lists,with A LOT MORE companies that paid ZERO DOLLARS in federal income tax,like GENERAL MOTORS,XEROX,and AMERICAN AIRLINES,just to name a few!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2016/03/07/27-giant-profitable-companies-paid-no-taxes/81399094/
[27 giant profitable companies that paid no taxes]

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/news/2017/03/09/178-billion-in-profits-no-taxes-paid.html
[178 BILLION dollars in profits-NO TAXES PAID]

i could go on and on,but,you get the point!

THIS IS BILLIONS,and TRILLIONS of DOLLARS WORTH OF TAXES THAT ARENT BEING PAID!!!
[and if THEY dont pay them,who do you think has to make up the difference???
[ts the MIDDLE CLASS!!]

and,the republicans/trumps plan is TO GIVE THEM MORE TAX BREAKS????

if companieslike THESE were paying their fair share of taxes,then the rest of the country wouldnt have to pay THEIR share of THEIR TAXES,ALONG WITH THEIR OWN!!!!

now,what can YOU offer to this discussion to try to disprove the evidence i have so easily offered THAT ISNT JUST YOUR OPINION,WITHOUT ANY FACTS TO BACK THEM UP??

as the old saying goes...'put up,or shut up!'

[and,please,show your work/sources!!]

or,is YOUR argument just 'taco bell gas'?

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/09/18 10:28 AM

By self supporting, I mean able to pay for the things you need. No handouts.

It's not the USA place to fix other countries. You are right about making them not want to be here.

if you are so fired up about ending all of the free handouts,how about we stop giving all of these huge multi-billion dollar corporations the CORPORATE WELFARE that the republican party has made sure that they all get,and start making sure that ALL of them finally start paying their fair share of taxes,like they are supposed to!!

and,how about we stop giving all of these super wealthy people tax cuts,and start making them pay their fair share of taxes,instead of getting richer on the back of the middle class,who DIDNT receive a 2 TRILLION DOLLAR tax cut thanks to trumps tax plan.

cuz,once you start adding all of THAT up,it kind of makes the handouts that you are raising so much noise about seem like pretty small potatos!

I think we should start by not giving people a bigger tax refund than they paid in.

lol
so,when it comes to LIBERALS,and the TRULY NEEDY people that their programs help,you are willing to kick and scream about it,but when it come to REPUBLICANS,and the BILLIONAIRES they freely give TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS in CORPORATE WELFARE to,,and TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS of TAX BREAKS that they DONT REALLY NEED,your position is just a weak "well,lets just START with not giving people a bigger refund check than they pay in"??

that response seems a little lopsided for someone who makes so much noise about all of the 'welfare' that people in this country get,dont you think?

cuz,its not the PEOPLE who are bleeding this country dry,it is the CORPORATIONS that don't pay their fair share of taxes,and the BILLIONAIRES who get TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS in tax cuts that they neither need,or are really entitled to!

It's their money to begin with. Without the corporations we are screwed. One less breeder means nothing.

no,its not!!!!
it is THE GOVERNMENTS money!!!
and,they are NOT paying it to them like they are SUPPOSED TO BE,to be used for the benefit of the country,and since they are NOT paying their bills,then that just means that THE MIDDLE CLASS has to make it up out of THEIR/OUR money!!

you keep talking about 'breeders',who just keep having kids,and expecting someone else/the government to pay for them..
well,these huge,multi billion dollar corporations that don't pay taxes,and expect the government/US to pay them for their corporations are the corporate equivalent of the 'breeders' that you are taking about with such disdain.

so,i think that if you are so dead set against 'welfare',and social programs,then you OUGHT TO be just as dead set against CORPORATE WELFARE,too,if you are GENUINELY concerned about the economy of this country,and not just a partisian shill.

BUT,it is pretty obvious that you ARENT against CORPORATE WELFARE for multibillion dollar corporations who don't really need OUR money,just any type of social programs for people who are TRULY needy that the opposition party supports,so....

I guess that it is pretty obvious to everybody that you opinions are NOT objective,and are therefore invalid!

I'm objective. Without corporations you wouldn't have anything to eat today, a car to drive etc. They supply jobs that keep our families fed. They pay the majority of tax and a lot of them provide health insurance, 401ks, vacatuons, holidays, etc. What are you providing for your country?

so,if they are successfully doing so much for the community,why cant they afford to exist without corporate welfare,and pay their fair share of taxes,like NORMAL successful businesses have to?
[they can!!!that why they don't NEED any corporate welfare,and can afford to pay their fair share of taxes,even if it means that their top executives DONT all get multi million dollar bonuses every quarter!!]

as for what I am providing for my country??..
I served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years as an air/sea rescue aviation rescue swimmer (AIRR) and then started a career serving my community as a firefighter,after I retired from active service.

what have YOU done to serve or provide anything for your country,or community?

Explains why you don't know **** about business and now struggling. The military has great benefits and they will get you out of jail for work the next day. But once it's over you have to figure out how to provide the things you were use to getting for free. Let me offer some advice. Stop complaining and go to Wal-Mart and apply. If that doesn't appeal to you, go in business for yourself. But for God sakes, stop complaining about what somebody else should give you.

so,in other words,you haven't done ANYTHING to serve,or provide for your country? lol

[spending ALL DAY online ranting about how the people who need help because the superwealthy 1% dont want to pay their fair share of taxes,and don't even want to pay their employees a fair,living wage are running THE REST of the country into the ground,and complaining about how the 'bleeding heart liberals' who are trying to save the rest of the country from the greedy multibillionaires who are lining their pockets at their expense should all be kicked out of the country DOESNT count as serving your country!]

Two years ago when my son in law got out of the military, I gave him and my daughter a free home to raise my grandkids in.

I paid for that home working for the corporations you are complaining about. They gave me and my family a decent living. I was able to work as much as I wanted and put that money in investments.

I start a new job Monday. It has great benefits and nice pay. The people crying about healthcare and foodstamps need to apply. Lots of places hiring. The recession is over.

One thing I've learned about working for myself is you don't get all the benefits the corporations provide. Starting Monday, I will have medical, dental, and vision. I know that doesn't mean much to the breeders. Medicaid takes care of them. But it means a lot to productive members of society.

so,you claim that 'breeders' are worthless and harmful to society because they have to take handouts,and need help to be able to afford to raise their children??

and,you also say that you gave your son in law,and daughter the handout of a free house to help them out so that he would have a place to raise his children???

hhhmmmm.....?????

Breeder should take all the help offered from parents. Problem is most breeders come from breeders who live off the tax payer dime.

My son in law works everyday and pays taxes. Two weeks ago he told me he is worried they aren't taking out enough and he will have to pay at tax time.

Yes I think breeders need to get off their ***** and get a job. Support their own kids, pay their own mortgage (instead of section 8), and being able to help their grown kids would be nice also.

I have a family of my own to take care of. Most tax payers have somebody to help. A child, aging parent. It is nice Trump gave tax cuts so we can do that. We get to choose what we do with that money.

LOTS of people work every day and pay taxes,and STILL cant afford to live,and raise heir children without help!!

maybe that is because they are paying MORE than their fair share of taxes,because he superwealthy,and multi billion dollar corporations ARENT PAYING THEIRS,and then the burden of making up those differences falls onto the backs of the middle class,taking the money they need to raise their children away from them...

taking the money that SHOULD be going to pay for school taxes so that their children can get the education they need to succeed in todays world....

maybe that is because the super wealthy,and multi billion dollar corporations are buying and paying for their republican politicians to strike down laws that enable things like labor unions that make sure that people who work everyday can earn a living wage,and can afford to raise,and support their families,so that they can get EVEN RICHER,at the expense of the middle class,who DESPERATELY need those tax cuts A LOT MORE than multibillion dollar corporations need them,so that they can afford to give their executives multimillion dollar bonuses every year,or even every quarter!

America still IS the land of opportunity,but,thanks to the trump,and the republicans,the opportunities are now only for the wealthiest people,not for the middle class people who make up the greatest part of the country,who work every day,and STILL cant afford health insurance for their children,or to send them to college,and are living paycheck to paycheck.

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/09/18 09:51 AM
Weather forecast for tonight:

Dark.

Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/09/18 09:46 AM

It's not the USA place to fix other countries. You are right about making them not want to be here.

if you are so fired up about ending all of the free handouts,how about we stop giving all of these huge multi-billion dollar corporations the CORPORATE WELFARE that the republican party has made sure that they all get,and start making sure that ALL of them finally start paying their fair share of taxes,like they are supposed to!!

and,how about we stop giving all of these super wealthy people tax cuts,and start making them pay their fair share of taxes,instead of getting richer on the back of the middle class,who DIDNT receive a 2 TRILLION DOLLAR tax cut thanks to trumps tax plan.

cuz,once you start adding all of THAT up,it kind of makes the handouts that you are raising so much noise about seem like pretty small potatos!

I think we should start by not giving people a bigger tax refund than they paid in.

lol
so,when it comes to LIBERALS,and the TRULY NEEDY people that their programs help,you are willing to kick and scream about it,but when it come to REPUBLICANS,and the BILLIONAIRES they freely give TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS in CORPORATE WELFARE to,,and TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS of TAX BREAKS that they DONT REALLY NEED,your position is just a weak "well,lets just START with not giving people a bigger refund check than they pay in"??

that response seems a little lopsided for someone who makes so much noise about all of the 'welfare' that people in this country get,dont you think?

cuz,its not the PEOPLE who are bleeding this country dry,it is the CORPORATIONS that don't pay their fair share of taxes,and the BILLIONAIRES who get TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS in tax cuts that they neither need,or are really entitled to!

It's their money to begin with. Without the corporations we are screwed. One less breeder means nothing.

no,its not!!!!
and,they are NOT paying it to them like they are SUPPOSED TO BE,to be used for the benefit of the country,and since they are NOT paying their bills,then that just means that THE MIDDLE CLASS has to make it up out of THEIR/OUR money!!

you keep talking about 'breeders',who just keep having kids,and expecting someone else/the government to pay for them..
well,these huge,multi billion dollar corporations that don't pay taxes,and expect the government/US to pay them for their corporations are the corporate equivalent of the 'breeders' that you are taking about with such disdain.

so,i think that if you are so dead set against 'welfare',and social programs,then you OUGHT TO be just as dead set against CORPORATE WELFARE,too,if you are GENUINELY concerned about the economy of this country,and not just a partisian shill.

BUT,it is pretty obvious that you ARENT against CORPORATE WELFARE for multibillion dollar corporations who don't really need OUR money,just any type of social programs for people who are TRULY needy that the opposition party supports,so....

I guess that it is pretty obvious to everybody that you opinions are NOT objective,and are therefore invalid!

I'm objective. Without corporations you wouldn't have anything to eat today, a car to drive etc. They supply jobs that keep our families fed. They pay the majority of tax and a lot of them provide health insurance, 401ks, vacatuons, holidays, etc. What are you providing for your country?

so,if they are successfully doing so much for the community,why cant they afford to exist without corporate welfare,and pay their fair share of taxes,like NORMAL successful businesses have to?
[they can!!!that why they don't NEED any corporate welfare,and can afford to pay their fair share of taxes,even if it means that their top executives DONT all get multi million dollar bonuses every quarter!!]

I served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years as an air/sea rescue aviation rescue swimmer (AIRR) and then started a career serving my community as a firefighter,after I retired from active service.

Explains why you don't know **** about business and now struggling. The military has great benefits and they will get you out of jail for work the next day. But once it's over you have to figure out how to provide the things you were use to getting for free. Let me offer some advice. Stop complaining and go to Wal-Mart and apply. If that doesn't appeal to you, go in business for yourself. But for God sakes, stop complaining about what somebody else should give you.

so,in other words,you haven't done ANYTHING to serve,or provide for your country? lol

[spending ALL DAY online ranting about how the people who need help because the superwealthy 1% dont want to pay their fair share of taxes,and don't even want to pay their employees a fair,living wage are running THE REST of the country into the ground,and complaining about how the 'bleeding heart liberals' who are trying to save the rest of the country from the greedy multibillionaires who are lining their pockets at their expense should all be kicked out of the country DOESNT count as serving your country!]

Two years ago when my son in law got out of the military, I gave him and my daughter a free home to raise my grandkids in.

I paid for that home working for the corporations you are complaining about. They gave me and my family a decent living. I was able to work as much as I wanted and put that money in investments.

I start a new job Monday. It has great benefits and nice pay. The people crying about healthcare and foodstamps need to apply. Lots of places hiring. The recession is over.

One thing I've learned about working for myself is you don't get all the benefits the corporations provide. Starting Monday, I will have medical, dental, and vision. I know that doesn't mean much to the breeders. Medicaid takes care of them. But it means a lot to productive members of society.

so,you claim that 'breeders' are worthless and harmful to society because they have to take handouts,and need help to be able to afford to raise their children??

and,you also say that you gave your son in law,and daughter the handout of a free house to help them out so that he would have a place to raise his children???

hhhmmmm.....?????

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/09/18 07:55 AM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Thu 08/09/18 07:59 AM

lol

no,its not!!!!

shovelheaddave's photo
Thu 08/09/18 07:32 AM
Edited by shovelheaddave on Thu 08/09/18 07:43 AM

lol

no,its not!!!!

I served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years as an air/sea rescue aviation rescue swimmer and then started a career serving my community as a firefighter,after I retired from active service.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25