Community > Posts By > netuserlla

netuserlla's photo
Tue 10/23/07 08:45 AM
Awhile back I bought a used dell system that came with a preinstalled windows xp on it. The previous owner made a mess of the operating system, so I had to reformat the hard drive. I was told that I had to buy a new CD key because the computer was no longer under warranty.
So, microsoft and dell sucks.
I have been using Linux Ubuntu since then and am more happier with it than I have ever been with windows.

netuserlla's photo
Sat 10/06/07 09:07 PM
Most likely all of your drives will be compatible. You Should be able to find a good replacement mobo + cpu on tigerdirect. Just make sure that your ram type is the same. That will save you some extra bucks.

netuserlla's photo
Sat 10/06/07 09:00 PM
All 3 of my systems on my home network rock linux unbuntu.

netuserlla's photo
Sun 09/02/07 07:43 AM
*I love this very superb post.
*I think that existence is like a 'big recycler'. Everything in existence is energy that is constantly moving and changing through and out of forms. Can never be created or distroyed. Always has been always will be.Energy. (Energy sounds like God)
*I think that we are part of this great energy source and choose our physical life(s) as we 'go along', for some unknown purpose to us for now, but we knew our 'mission' before hand. ('go along', I realize that time is not fluid in the spacetime continuum)('spacetime continuum', This is only using four dimensions, before the subotonic that introduces more).
*We just have to play by the physics of the physical world, with nothing really more than our thoughts and emotions for our guidence, to accomplish what ever we need to do.
*However I do think that maybe it is possible to see through this 'veil', and grasp some glimsp of the understanding of things. Maybe through thought energy we can even break laws of physics. Like gravity being such a strong force but is so weak due to its escape to other dimensions. ('Gravity escape' Best quantum physics working hypotisis theroy to date. Still working on quantum gravtitons).

netuserlla's photo
Thu 08/30/07 03:52 PM
******LOL****
Very funny.
Really in the hospitol they are color coded.
Blue and green.

netuserlla's photo
Thu 08/30/07 03:46 PM
********** My follow up **********************
By the way, I did get your anoligy Korangen. And you do have it totally backwards.
**That's the real funny part. I don't think that anyone
caught that.**
Linux is truly more comparative to a car, in that it will goto and can be in more places, (can do more things). Not only confined to the tracks of a train like Windows.
**It is true that Gates and Jobs has made the computer & software industry what it is today, but really that is the problem to.
Technology is already evloving faster than we can keep up, but so many other technologys that has bright shineing futures were supressed to the point of controlled growth, if not death. These controlled growths hindered us as a whole in growth technology.
Truth, Open source softwares growth into the desktop market will flourish from the inspiration of indivual users talents and creativity, therefore excelling technology to better assist us in a new world of daily computing.

netuserlla's photo
Thu 08/30/07 11:55 AM
Well said Abra. Findly another person that gets it.
Life is a gift to me. I kill nothing on purpose.
I really belive in this connection of all and everything. All of the seperation that people have is just ignorance paveing the way to selfishness. Seperation is not love. Seperation of us from one another is not love.
I believe that when we die we all return to God in his form and God in his form is the essence of everything like energy. Basicly we are just combined to become the physical form, that we see and understand, from a big pool of energy that has a vibrating essence that I call God.

LOL- I hope that I said enough and I didn't say to much that I will spawn more than 20 questions.Lol.

netuserlla's photo
Thu 08/30/07 11:06 AM
Really if you are really worried about viruses, trojans, maleware ect. then your best bet would be to run a Linux os instead of Windows. Linux Ubuntu rocks the socks even off of Windows Vista.
95% of the threats to your computer are targeting Windows.
There is only a 5% threat aganist a Linux computer.

netuserlla's photo
Thu 08/30/07 10:49 AM
I save alot of time by encodeing the movie seperate from the burning process. With a fast computer you can take about an hour off of the whole process.

netuserlla's photo
Tue 08/28/07 01:30 PM
I always likes Kopete pretty well. You might have to google for a windows version though. It's a multipal messanger also. I think that it even does icq, on top of all of the others like msn, yahoo, and aim. The program even suggests that you can add almost any IM app. to it.

netuserlla's photo
Tue 08/28/07 01:22 PM
Wow. 25 bucks is a great deal for a dual monintor video card. For that price it probly has little video ram and only s-video support for the second monintor. I don't play wow so I don't know the memory demands of the game, but unless you have a fast enough card, it may not be good for multi tasking in this way. I'm a mega tasker myself and am into FPS games. If you know them, then you know that they can carry some hefty requirements for all of the great eye candy.
Sometimes I have to run two computers at once.
But I would recomand a video card with at least 256mb of ram.
128mb might work for you though. You can pick one up a cheap one with 128mb of ram with a second output of s-video for about $50 bucks.

netuserlla's photo
Sun 08/26/07 02:02 PM
Nicely said dark_phoenix.....

.......it best to reinstall windows every 6 to 12 month to keep it clean.....

That has been my expirence also.
My dealings with a linux distro has always done much better.
Linux Ubuntu rules

netuserlla's photo
Sun 08/26/07 01:53 PM
What's up?
Maybe I cn help.

netuserlla's photo
Sun 08/26/07 01:51 PM
You can change what programs/apps open what file/app in the properties selection. Some open with others according to the format.
I use 321 classic media player with all codecs when I'm useing windows.

netuserlla's photo
Sun 08/26/07 01:41 PM

Check this out...

windows vista aero
_vs_
linux ubuntu beryl

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/434675/windows_vista_aero_vs_linux_ubuntu_beryl/

Once again linux rules.

netuserlla's photo
Sat 06/16/07 04:43 AM
It may be the google. Auto updaters are not always a good thing. Even
when I used windows I done all of my updates manually. You also have to
take into account that google is easyly hackable, just like yahoo and
hotmail.

netuserlla's photo
Sat 06/16/07 04:33 AM
Yea the jello window is cool. Have you seen the cube desktop? It's neat
also. There are also the 3D window desktop in Linux, where you can even
fold your window like a piece of paper.Cool.

netuserlla's photo
Sat 06/16/07 04:27 AM
Yea mass. It was a pain in the neck for me to install a tri boot system
that included winvista, winxp, and linux.(I'm probly the only person in
the world to try this) It worked great for awhile untill my data started
falling apart.

please allow me to explain....
I had vista ultimate installed on a pc, and wanted to wipe and reformat
the drive and put windows XP pro back on the system. It would not allow
me to reformat with the xp pro disk that I had. I don't know of a
universal hard drive tool that would have helped with the problum. So I
just used one of my many Linux distros to reformat the drive. It wiped
my mbr. Then xp installed with no problem. 'Hard drive killer' is a
popular term being used right now in reference to windows.

netuserlla's photo
Sat 06/16/07 04:05 AM
Definiatelly reformat. There are ways to get rid of these probs, but the
quickest easy way is to reinstall the OS. You could spend hours tring to
pick and replace files, when you can reinstall in about an hour or
so.(not including updates and such)

netuserlla's photo
Sat 06/16/07 03:54 AM
Firefox rocks. I love it alot better than I ever did IE. There are just
alot of extras that FF has. Also with all of the FF plugins I haven't
found a page that it won't open yet.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 19 20