Community > Posts By > TelephoneMan

TelephoneMan's photo
Sat 10/17/09 11:53 PM
UN-approachable... since when were there any approachable women, anyways?

TelephoneMan's photo
Sat 10/17/09 11:50 PM
Is this a trick question?

TelephoneMan's photo
Sat 10/17/09 10:38 AM
Edited by TelephoneMan on Sat 10/17/09 10:55 AM
The north rim of the Grand Canyon (no tourist junk)

Guam (Hawaii minus the tourists...haha)

Jamaica (yah mon, ire...)

To the peak of Mt. Evans, CO. 14,264' elev. Between Memorial Day and Labor day there is a paved road all the way to the top ('its closed all other months). Elk, mountain goats, critters I have no idea what their name was, and some of the most spectacular views in the world. My favorite place on the planet.
http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&safe=off&um=1&sa=3&q=Mt.+Evans%2C+CO&btnG=Search+images

The drive on Interstate 40 between the Arizona border and where it meets Interstate 15 in California. Its just a beautiful drive, the land has colors in it, like in the soil.

Petrified Forest National Park, on Interstate 40, eastern side of Arizona. Really wild looking stiff there...
http://www.nps.gov/pefo/index.htm
http://www.markpotter.freewebspace.com/images/az-petrified_forest_postcard.jpg

The badlands of North Dakota. This is on the very western-most portion of the state. It is an area where the outlaws could travel to to lose the law enforcement officers. Remote, desolate, and sort of creepy.

I recommend once in one's life, to drive the full length of either Nebraska or Kansas, I have done both. Nebraska, along Interstate 80, Kansas to full length of Interstate 70. You get a feeling of just how great our country is once you've seen the Great Plains.

Drive through the Mississippi Delta. It is flatter than the Great Plains states, and goes on for miles and miles. Plus, if you are into the blues, there are many historical places along the way.

Drive the full length of highway 441 between Gatlinburg, TN and Cherokee, NC. What a spectacular and beautiful mountain road this is... make sure and bring your camera for hundreds of jaw-dropping gorgeous views.

You've just got to experience "Joyce Kilmer National Wilderness" in western North Carolina. It is one of the only (if not THEE only) forest that has never been logged for the lumber. They call it a "virgin forest". There are trees there 100, I want to say, some are 300 or more years old. HUGE maple trees like you've never seen. If you know what a rhododendron is, it is usually a bush or shrub people plant near their homes that grows about 3-9 feet tall. In Joyce Kilmer, the rhododendrons are about 100-feet tall, and have branches that kids could climb out on and jump off to go swimming...
http://main.nc.us/graham/hiking/joycekil.html

Take a road trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina and Virginia. Gorgeous views.

The Great Smokie Mountains. On the North Carolina-Tennessee border. It was my home for 7 years and one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Highly recommended.

Hike the Appalachian Trail. Wow, strap a backpack on your back and disappear into the wilderness. Nothing like it on Earth. Its just you and the elements, and whatever is in your pack. The trail starts in Georgia and ends in Maine. I hiked the portion that goes from Georgia to the Tennessee border across North Carolina. Bring a camera and lot's of Ziplocs to keep everything dry.

The Florida Everglades. If you've never been there, then a trip to is worth it... make sure you find a ride on an airboat that takes you into places where the gators are growing.

The upper peninsula of Michigan (the "U.P."). Great snowmobiling in the winter, or simply an excellent retreat away from it all in the summer. Sparsely populated, mostly a great drive or a great camping trip if you want to get away. Especially recommend Tahquamenon Falls State Park. The falls are gorgeous year-round. And, you can take a boat (with oars) over to a private uninhabited island that is right next to the falls, with hiking trails. Beautiful. Highly recommend to go there in the fall (October) when the leaves have turned their colors.
http://gowaterfalling.com/waterfalls/images/full/mi/vtahqsplash10.jpg

The stretch of Interstate 10 between Fort Hancock (east) and El Paso (west). When I drove through, I got off on some of the side roads to explore. Very dry and arid. There are buildings on those back roads down there that look like they were built back in a John Wayne movie era, wild west. The U.S. Border Patrol has bridges at the Rio Grande crossings. And in a John Wayne film, they depicted the Rio Grande as this gushing, 100-yard wide body of movie water... LOL... the Rio Grande I saw was a pile of dust, with a one-foot wide (if that) trickle of water. Get ya' some Mexican food down there and you'll never go to Taco Bell again... the real-deal down there, oh yeah.

Tijuana, Mexico. Drive south out of Los Angeles until you run out of the U.S. and you run right smack dab into Tijuana. I wouldn't recommend going alone. There are a lot of shops for bargain hunting, and plenty of REAL Mexican restaurants. Plus, if you like tequila, you've come to the right place. Many of the clubs and restaurants have door workers that offer you free coupons for free shots of tequila. My girlfriend got so wasted, I had to practically carry her home. (And I don't drink...LOL). Yee-bah, yee-bah, ondelay...yee-haaaa...

Kings Canyon National Park in the High Sierra mountains of California. Home to my favorite tree of all time, the huge, towering Sequoia trees. They tower in at between 250-300 feet tall, with a circumference (the length of the line that makes the outside of the circle) of 80-120 feet.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=Sequoia+trees&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

TelephoneMan's photo
Sat 10/17/09 09:40 AM

Is that a pregnant Hooters girl?

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 04:23 PM

If after millions of years of being together men and women still do not understand each other, I don't think any guide will help.

This is why cavemen had clubs... to communicate with women.

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 04:18 PM
Since I don't have any children, I will need to gaze into my crystal ball for a response, if my crystal ball shows that I will ever have any children, which I doubt will ever happen.

At least I am creative.

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 04:14 PM
Since I live in my own little world, there is no one here to tell me they love me.

Perhaps I will invent space travel and conquer a planet of lovers.

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 03:30 PM

a shame i have to come here to debate real topics with real people on real issues and so many posts are nothing but copy/paste articles. the author is never here to answer my challenges and i have a pretty souped up search engine too if i want a search engine drag race to see who can out copy/paste who. must so many form and express their opinions with such media help?

You ought to try living in Ann Arbor, MI (home to the University of Michigan...yuck, P.U.)... I refer to it as "Little San Francisco"... but... you can never get lost here... there are A.I.D.S. on every corner...

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 03:21 PM
Has posted at Mingle a bit more than twice as many times as I have.

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 03:17 PM
customizing

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 03:08 PM
I look at more than just pictures.

I check to see if they smoke, if they do,...ick.

I check to see if they have a litter of kids still at home...YIKES, RUN LIKE HELLL !!!

I check to see if they can spell, which to me (if they can't) they probably have a hard time reading, too... LOL. Or if they don't take the time to proof-read, I figure they are too busy for me.

I check to see if a majority of their pictures shows them with beer or booze in their little mitts, or depicts them at bars. Ick, again.

What are people thinking that post pictures of themselves with former boyfriends/girlfriends in them? Or, just pictures of similar-age opposite sex people. "Hi, I'm single, and looking for a new boyfriend, and by the way, here is a picture of my old boyfriend so I can compare you to him." Hahaha.

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 03:02 PM
Edited by TelephoneMan on Fri 10/16/09 03:03 PM

I wonder if I say I want a guy with the brain of Einstein, the wit of a razor blade, a voice like a velvet swatch, and the face of a dirty dream, would that still make me shallow?:laughing:

According to data supplied by this web site...

... if you found that guy and he was a nice guy, you'd hate him or treat him like dirt (according to Migle threads, nobody likes nice guys...LOL)... or, he may not have a cabana-boy body (according to Mingle threads, people don't like large frame or big guys, mostly...), at which time you would not recognize him...

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 02:57 PM
sacrilege

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 02:52 PM
Underdog (theme song)

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 02:47 PM
Edited by TelephoneMan on Fri 10/16/09 02:58 PM
OP steering committee says...

...please keep on-topic, this isn't the place to argue your points about health insurance (PLENTY of other threads for that...)... this thread is for listing super-uber-ridiculous health care expenses.

Please read first post...

OP

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 02:42 PM

My fathers heart transplant was a cool million. :banana: Plus another $250,000 in hospital cost before and after the transplant.

Oh my cripes....

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 02:14 PM
Edited by TelephoneMan on Fri 10/16/09 02:35 PM
I don't own a TV.

I haven't owned a TV for over 7 years.

I don't miss it at all.

Yes, I do not watch any type of sports (no football, no basketball, no baseball, no hockey, no NASCAR) and I have no idea who any of the sports personalities or players are. I like it this way.

I read my news.

I like being in control of the input side. I have noticed all of the major stories can now be picked up over the word-of-mouth network. I also do not watch the news over and over again like some people do that own TVs. It would be like reading the same news story 15 times a day for 2 weeks straight... like when Michael Jackson died...

I do not (ever) watch sitcoms. I have not sit down and watched a sit-com in probably 30 years.

My computer is my media center.

I have a large HDTV monitor, and I watch DVDs of my choosing by placing them in the DVD drive of my computer.

I have over 770GB of mp3s on one hard drive (plus already burnt to DVD-for-back-up mp3s on DVDs. In case you're interested, that is (roughly) 130,323 mp3s. (At 12 songs per CD, that would be about 10,860 CDs worth of music.) I converted all of my CDs to mp3s years ago.

I have 47,264 individual eBooks (about 202.4GB) on a hard drive. Most of them are college textbooks from nearly every subject you can name, many of them are famous literary works. If each one was one-inch wide and was sitting on a shelf in a library, that would be the equivalent of 1,313 3-foot wide library shelves worth of books.

I could start my own civilization.

My computer has 7 hard drives and a total of 2,560GB of storage space (2.56TB).

I build my own computers.

I paid $960 for all the top-quality parts in my computer. I put it together in one afternoon's worth of effort. It has worked flawlessly since I turned it on the very first time. To order this same system from DELL (just the tower) would be $3,500. Apple wants a ridiculous $5,500, plus they have very little software available...nice... I like my computer.

Most people don't understand me.

I do not follow trends or fashions.

I think there will be a revolution or civil war, thus forever ending the United States of America, in our lifetime.

Freedom actually means there is no government above you to tell you what to do. In that definition, I don't think there is even one truly free human being on the planet. Everyone is subject to a government.

I am free, whether they like it or not.

I usually write more than most people in every thread... haha.

I love to write.

Peace... keep your feet warm, here comes winter...

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 01:42 PM
Edited by TelephoneMan on Fri 10/16/09 01:43 PM

Lemon Meringue Pie is my all time fav...Edwards makes a great one...

Lemon merigue is my fav, too...

... plus, the apple pie my mom makes...

... and if there is a slice of cherry pie laying around...

... and OMG, if there is cheesecake, I am screwed... haha

I can honestly say this... I am a pie man, and never much of a cake guy... pie vs. cake, its pie everytime... I'd rather have a birthday pie than a birthday cake...

Ice cream?... omg... any flavor, I love it all (well, unless someone comes up with something bizarre that should not be tried...)

And I could eat pizza 3 meals a day...

...hey, who got me started talking about food? Must be I am hungry...

LOL

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 11:45 AM
You vill hand-tover dis tread, an den take me to Libya immechiately...

(you have been hijacked)

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 10/16/09 11:25 AM
Love the One You're With

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25