Community > Posts By > tinabelle

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 10:34 AM

It is illogical to think that there is god's will and free will. God's will is all encompassing in a religious person's life. If something happens it is god's will, bad or good. That is how religion works, you submit to it/his/her will.

Those that say we have free will even in religious situations are not being accurate because if god is all powerful then all is his will, those who do not choose to follow him is still his will, those who do not follow him correctly is still his will, etc....

It is either one or the other, not both. It is gods world or it isn't, there is no gray there.

Creativeflowerforyou

well no. it is not his will that you deny him-it is your personal choice to deny him. his will goes on without you.
yes he has a plan for all of our lives, but if we make the choice to not go along with his plan for our life, that is a choice we have made-it is NOT his will that we reject him...what kind of sense does that make? none.
but he does know who will choose him and who will deny. God's will for our lives only applies when we choose to follow his direction.
God's will for the world as a whole will be done because if you choose no, someone else will choose yes.
for every road, there is a split-a fork. your life's path is plotted with every conceivable possibility. whether you choose yes or no.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 09:58 AM

I've read the Bible through a couple of times over the years. I've an "armchair" Biblical archaeologist for years. I'm not one who can, off the cuff, readily quote verses.

I do remember reading in the Bible this very same question being posed. I remember the response was to the effect; those who do not know God will make it to heaven because God has planted the knowledege of right and wrong in them. If they follow the right that God has planted, then that person will make it!

I know, reading the Bible through twice and not knowing where I read somthing, my bad! Hey, someone get me a Biblical concordence!!! :smile:

BobbyJ very vallid point. I've got problems with that train of thought but at the same time. I think if one is to flat out deny god it is a little problematic but i still think good deads will be sufficient

i think you are close...but to be specific, it is said that if one has never been presented with the gospel, then one is covered and God will judge your heart.
but if you have had reasonable exposure to the Bible, or have been taught the gospel story of Jesus, and choose to ignore, you are making your choice for your own eternity.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 09:46 AM

the problem occurs when people look to other people to justify their unbelief.

people fail. as Christians we are supposed to be an example of Christ...but we are human, and sometimes we screw up.

so why not go to the source. instead of watching fallible people, go to the source of the belief.

that brings to mind the question:
'who's the bigger fool?
the fool, or the fool that follows the fool?'

if you look to people and their bad behavior to try and justify your non-belief, you are copping out.

if you really want to know, go to the source.:wink:

that's like asking a man who's been divorced over and over, how to have a successful, healthy marriage.

it's just non-sensical, and you are merely seeking excuses for the purpose of making your own point.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 09:11 AM

God's will is unchangeable.

our free will gives us the choice to follow God's will or not.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 09:09 AM

...and yet you have argued or tried to contradict nearly every point /comment made here.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 03:47 AM

OK this is for a certain person to debate the question

the question would be...Do prayers work, for what and how long?

in other words...why does it seem God doesn't answer prayers fo some that really need it...and for others for small things

make sense?

so which certain person is supposed to debate this question?

i mentioned this in another thread...

yes, we should pray, but ultimately all is left to the will of God. if we do not acknowledge this fact in our praying, the point is moot.
some people have to die in order for others to live.
some people have to hurt in order for certain lessons to be learned.
some people must lose some things in order to appreciate what remains.
some people must gain in order for them to be a blessing to others.

God knows your prayer needs before you can even ask. but you must do your part...its not enough to just pray and wait for the guys to bring the big check.
sometimes God doesn't answer prayer because that answer may not be good for us. what we pray for may not be what is meant for us.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 03:27 AM

God tells us that the Bible is HIS word. nothing added, nothing taken away.

when you refuse the Word of God you have no place with God.

...you musta met some new millenium god...i hope you will be eternally happy in all of your perfection.

good grief. what a great belief system you have found. you get to be virtually perfect, know everything, and you don't have to do anything, or change anything, or accept,or believe anything.

seems like you should be happier being so right in all of your god-relating bliss.
but all you're interested in doing is pick on people.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 03:20 AM

sir...

you cannot refuse to accept Jesus' death on the cross for your sins.

it's already been done. if you don't accept then you have no part with God.

God tells us that we are members of his family only if we believe and confess that Christ Jesus died for our sins, and rose again.

when you refuse THAT, you refuse God. plain and simple.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 03:14 AM

in fact i anti-labeled you!

will nothing make you happy?

no. your behavior is contrary.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 03:13 AM

dear heart, i don't think about how you live. but saint is certainly not a word i would use.

Considering that you don't know me, I'd say you aren't in a position to be putting any labels on me. :wink:

what label have i put on you?

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 03:12 AM

im sorry but i feel and this is my opinon only that religions and dress codes have nothing to do with god but mans idea of controlling women...alot of these dress codes were made along time ago when men had more control...and the same with muslim religions...it wasnt women who decided oh yeh im going to cover myself up from head to toe because it might offend god...why would it offend god who made us beauty and all, its a control thing ...as said my opinion so no offense

in ancient biblical days, women covered up because God gave instructions as to how we should treat and care for our bodies.
there were especially rules for going into the temple-for men too.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 03:05 AM

scion,

Yes it is quite understandable to justify one's belief in the notion as you have described...

However...

Why would some cancer patients be healed by divine intervention measures, and others not?

What constitutes good enough reason for the action to be taken by this 'God'?

the strength of your faith plays a part-if it is the plan of God for you to be healed.
where prayers of that nature sometimes err, is that we are often very selfish about them.
everything has a reason...sickness, death, etc.
sometimes one must be ill or pass away in order to re-unite a family again, to save some one else, to stop something worse from happening.
sometimes one must be healed completely to teach another something very important.
but when our time is up, no amount of prayer will change that.

God (and Christ as well) have taught us the way to pray.
anything else is just 'me, i, we, mine'...selfishness

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 02:45 AM

lust has its own particular definition.
now you're deciding to interpret the definitions of already defined words?!
...come on...
i think you more enjoy just being contrary and divisive than slightly genuine.

TA-DA!!!!

You think I'm liberal with the definitions? You should see the Christians posting in the other thread. They have stripper poles in their bedrooms and their praising God whilst engaging in oral sex. “Oh my God! Oh my God!” laugh

If you had a clue about how I live you think I’m a saint compared with the way many Christians behave. bigsmile

dear heart, i don't think about how you live. but saint is certainly not a word i would use.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 02:42 AM

IT'S CALLED RESPECT PEOPLE!

i know there isn't much around these days so it's hard to get the gist of it...but lets try shall we?

i you invite me to visit your home, i am going to show up with respect. which means i will use manners. i will not stroll in acting like your house is my house. if you don't smoke in your home, i will also respect your home by not smoking in your home.
if you do not drink, i will not drink myself into a rude stupor in your home. i will not dress in manner that brings the pole into your living room, for your kids and spouse to be exposed and perhaps uncomfortable. if you say grace over your meal, and i am not a believer as you are, i will sit respectfully, and let you say grace without invoking supreme court rulings.

RESPECT. when you go into someone elses home/space, you act right. if you went into a buddhist temple in nepal, you would do it the way the lama's instruct you to do it.
it's the same respect that should be afforded any other church or place of worship.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 02:28 AM

How you choose to dress should strictly be between you and God...and no one else.

Everything should be between you and God.

Including how you define lust. bigsmile

lust has its own particular definition.
now you're deciding to interpret the definitions of already defined words?!
...come on...
i think you more enjoy just being contrary and divisive than slightly genuine.

TA-DA!!!!

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 02:24 AM

I've been going to a friend's Church. They are UPC. My friend told me I needed to wear a long skirt. I don't wear short skirts anyway, but I like wearing dress pants. Their reasoning is that men will lust if you wear pants.

I say if a man is going to lust it doesn't matter how much clothes a woman puts on? What do you think?

some men(and women)are just lustful, and nothing is going to affect that much. but the reasoning is that close fitting, short skirts does more to encourage lustful thoughts, and is a general distraction-taking attention from the service, and putting it on individuals- in a setting such as a church.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 02:18 AM

freedom is relative.

you can be in prison and be free as a bird.

just as you can be on the outside, free...where you are slave to your house, and your car payment, and your job, and your children who demand more and more material that you gladly provide because you are also a slave to the thoughts of others, your personal status, and having as much or more than the guy next door.

freedom is, in a sense, slavery

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 02:01 AM

when a child is abducted,raped and killed
when so many bad things happen to really good people and yet child molesters and rapest and murderers go on doing what they do
where is this so called great and loving god
we are on our own here people
and if there really is some kind of god out there
letting these things happen i'll be damned if i will worship him or even want to be with him when i pass on

God is on the sideline waiting...
while your friends keep voting on each persons right to love whatever they want to love, in whatever way makes them happy...well you know, pedophiles want to love and rape innocent children.
while your friends vote to remove God from sight and history.
and now you have the nerve to wonder where is God?!
while people you know marry and divorce just because they have the right to do so.
while people lust over physical beauty, and then destroy the innocent children created of those random relationships because why deal with the consequences of their actions when they can make it go away.
God is with those who welcome him into their life. God cannot intervene where he has not been invited. that is the fruit of free will. He will not force you to believe. He will not force you to include him in your plans.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 01:36 AM

Christianity is Christ. so what have you done with Christ?

sure their are many who have twisted the truth of God and Christ.
but thats why Christianity is about Christ- not however many of the twisted masses.

Even God points to Christ.

people fail sometime. people get twisted. people get drunk on the 'power' of leading a congregation sometime.
that's precisely why Christianity isn't about me or even you.
follow Christ...who stands in the gap that separated us from God.

your issues with the Bible aren't everyone elses issues.
how can you claim a relationship with God, yet reject the Word that he has told us to study and hide in our hearts...you've missed the mark.

but that is your cross to bear.

tinabelle's photo
Thu 03/27/08 01:20 AM

wow abra.
you must be very lonely, or very hurt.
or you are lonely because you've been hurt...
or you hurt because you are lonely.

either way,
bless your heart...

the 33% of angels turned on God because they were lied to.

just a morsel of info you 'left out'.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25