Community > Posts By > kre8karma

kre8karma's photo
Thu 07/14/11 08:29 PM
Edited by kre8karma on Thu 07/14/11 08:30 PM
derned double post. sorry. got too excited, I guess

kre8karma's photo
Thu 07/14/11 08:29 PM
Dude:
I think your sense of humor is a little subtle for some here. I'll play....I like it when a man makes a really offensive comment and then call me "up tight" when I don't laugh (especially at work). Or guys who don't open doors or offer to help carry things or take out the garbage (ever) because they don't want you to feel like you're being discriminated against for being a woman. How can you be "fairer" than that? Or ooh,ooh, talk with your mouth really full, because you just can't wait to respond to her interesting comment or question. bigsmile
Those things really impress ME,anyway.

kre8karma's photo
Tue 07/12/11 08:40 PM

I think it's a lot like guys catching flack on the "nice guys" threads. Quality women out there, but everyone is ignoring them and going for the "bad girls".
Testify ! :smile:

kre8karma's photo
Tue 07/12/11 07:59 PM
People are so silly. Maybe he has an addiction and fears he will have to share. laugh Or maybe he thinks he can protect himself by setting up a bunch of criteria to exclude the people he THINKS will make him unhappy. My guess is he's doing a good job of just that (setting himself up to be unhappy) by being judgmental with all the CAPS and stuffwhoa Whereas you are obviously warm and caring and Strong. If this were a horse race of potential happiness, I'd be betting on you! flowerforyou

kre8karma's photo
Mon 07/11/11 09:47 PM
Hey Lonely Gals (Alterette & misskimmi) !
flowerforyou flowerforyou

kre8karma's photo
Mon 07/11/11 08:10 PM
Edited by kre8karma on Mon 07/11/11 08:11 PM

kre8karma's photo
Mon 07/11/11 08:10 PM

"I'm looking for an attractive,fun, addiction free woman to get together with and enjoy life. ....."

... does addiction free include trolling on dating sites?
blushing rofl

kre8karma's photo
Mon 07/11/11 06:22 AM
Edited by kre8karma on Mon 07/11/11 06:54 AM

Wow, very nice...flowerforyou
Sounds like you're learning just fine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa2io_4uiRo

Thanks,Ted. No worries. I am woman, hear me roar:wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAgceen153I

That song's rattled me since I was young... now I need to reread your post with that in mind, haha. Anal, me.

No need. Just a joking way of saying that I will and always do follow the advice of the song you had sent. I am strong and resilient and tough and ornery.happy And that dang heart gets away from me every time, but I'll keep tryin'

kre8karma's photo
Mon 07/11/11 06:13 AM
Thanks to all for the inspiration & encouragement, it was a little scary with so much good stuff floating around here

kre8karma's photo
Mon 07/11/11 06:12 AM

Wow, very nice...flowerforyou
Sounds like you're learning just fine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa2io_4uiRo

Thanks,Ted. No worries. I am woman, hear me roar:wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAgceen153I

kre8karma's photo
Sun 07/10/11 10:18 PM
Personally, I think giving more information is better, so I agree with your approach & the length of your profile is fine. It gives a sense of who you are and definitely a message of what you are looking for (or, rather,to avoid). Good luck in your search!

kre8karma's photo
Sun 07/10/11 10:06 PM
Thanks, Josh !
:smile:

kre8karma's photo
Sun 07/10/11 10:05 PM
Thanks ! :smile: that was my first attempt.
I just read your latest I may well be out of my league here, but it's been bubbling around in my brain for a few weeks & I finally let it out.

kre8karma's photo
Sun 07/10/11 10:01 PM
Just found this thread. Wonderful work ! Thanks for sharing it with us!

kre8karma's photo
Sun 07/10/11 09:56 PM
Bubbling over, brimming with trust,
my heart goes a-travelling.
Foolish heart, stepping off the proverbial cliff again
Falling, tumbling down, the bruises closing you
where once you were so open

Did you imagine you'd find nourishment
in those strange lands?
Instead, you come back to me
crumbled,cracked, and parched
and I have to heal you in the spring of my tears

Why, oh why, don't I lock you away?

kre8karma's photo
Sun 07/10/11 09:04 PM
Sigh..............Nicely written, thanks for capturing that feeling in words. Reminds me why I am here.flowerforyou

kre8karma's photo
Sat 07/09/11 08:45 PM

So in order for your vote to be counted, (in the poll) you have to be a Christian, and that includes anyone who claims to be Christian.

But all opinions are welcome!flowerforyou

Hmmm?

Well that's interesting. I don't know whether I should claim to be a "Christian" or not.

The Christians themselves have me totally confused on what it means to be a "Christian". Every Christian I meet seems to have a different idea of what that means.

Is Slowhand a "Christian"?

He seems to be cool with the Bible being just hearsay rumors that may or may not contain any actual literal truths.

Is Peter_Pan a "Christian". Based on his posts in other threads he doesn't even know what the Biblical scriptures even say. How can someone claim to be a "Christian" when they don't even know what's in the doctrine?

Some Christians have told me that all you need to do to be a Christian is believe in Jesus. Well, I believe in Jesus. I just don't believe that the hearsay rumors in the New Testament can be trusted to represent what Jesus actually stood for.

Some Christians have told me that all a person needs to do is be a "follower" of Jesus in terms of following his moral guidelines. Well, I find that quite confusing because when I read about the moral views of Jesus they seem to all coincide with my own moral values. How can I "follow" someone who already thinks like me? spock

Some Christians have told me that as long as I agree with, and follow the same more standards as were taught by Jesus, then I'm a Christian. Well, I guess if Jesus taught the same moral values that I already have then I'm in agreement with following those same moral standards.

So by that definition then I must be a "Christian".

Other Christians tell me that if I don't confess that Jesus is the only begotten sacrificial son of God who died to pay for my sins then I can't claim to be a "Christian".

Well, I certainly can't "confess" to something I neither know to be true, nor have sufficient reason to even believe.

So the whole religion is totally confusing.

I have no frigg'in clue whether I'm a Christian or not. I suppose it all depends on WHO you ask. laugh

I think if you asked Jesus he'd probably say, "Who cares? What does Christianity have to do with anything anyway? Did I not tell you that the Scribes and Pharisees are hypocrites?" flowerforyou

It truly is confusing. And very personal. For example,my personal decision has been to interpret it as walk the walk and the rest is all just talk. Others would say I will be condemned for that. Maybe they're in tighter with God and know something I don't,but I'm comfortable with my position. A lot of energy/lives get wasted trying to decide who is right or wrong-my guess is God would rather see us apply ourselves to something more positive "(John 13:34-35) . . .I am giving YOU a new commandment, that YOU love one another; just as I have loved YOU, that YOU also love one another. By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.” flowerforyou . . .back to the topic, my answers are "somewhat" "somewhat" and "allegory--so I guess of the three choices=mixture"

kre8karma's photo
Sat 07/09/11 06:24 PM

she's going to get out of it. That's how things work with Municipal Governments. You can go through hell when you get crossway with private organizations.

i think so too.. esp. with all the bad publicity the city is getting over this...
and should be getting ! Talk about trivial lawsuits wasting time and (taxpayers'?)money. Somebody needs to re-focus their priorities here, IMO.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 07/09/11 11:23 AM

Empty 'food' processed beyond comprehension, hormones, pesticides, artificial sweeteners, phytoestrogens, plastics ... cancer, obesity, autoimmune diseases ...

Slow death by rubber duck ...

scared

It's absurd to see the most expensive nutritional foods are in the poorest communities. Some of these communities don't have grocery stores at all.

Yup all Mickey D's, Burger kings and taco bells ill

Yes ... and no

Even when people avoid the obvious fast food places ...

Chickens force fed unnatural diets
Cattle injected with massive amounts of hormones
Grains genetically modified
Sedentary lifestyles
High stress loads: both externally from life but internally from processing all the garbage.
Fruits and veggies loaded with chemicals
Plastic everywhere! Leaching phytoestrogens into the body ... this is a pretty big deal that very few think about. Seriously, there is a book titled "Slow Death by Rubber Duck"

This is where we live ...

Most people don't have choices. I paid $11 for a 4oz piece of tenderloin and $7 for a single organic chicken breast the other day. Who can afford to do that? Especially if they have a family to feed?

Unless you grow your own food ... which I don't ... we can only go so far with our food choices.
I agree with all you said and didn't miss your point, but am going to question the line about phytoestrogens leaching from plastics. As a chemist and person who took Latin, I think you may have the wrong term there....phyto means "plant-based". Did you mean "phthalates" instead? Those are used as plasticizers in many commercial plastic items to make them pliable. Picky I know, just wanted to make sure your fine argument is technically correct....as I think you should continue to spread the word.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 07/09/11 10:28 AM
I give it two thumbs up. They serve tea and smoothies and sugary desserts, not just coffee. A woman feels safe for a first meeting, because it is a public place, non-threatening in terms of duration if you two really don't click.