Community > Posts By > kre8karma

kre8karma's photo
Tue 06/21/11 08:18 PM
We're going for 110 degrees tomorrow. But it's a dry heat!

kre8karma's photo
Mon 06/20/11 09:30 PM
And just when you start to really KNOW somebody (haha) they go and change their profile on ya.....men of mystery I reckon

kre8karma's photo
Mon 06/20/11 09:28 PM
I'll drink to that ! (What you both said) (too late, jaded already) It doesn't pay to cross crabby pitbulls....or probably dead playwrights for that matter. Off topic again, what was the topic ? conversation starters--how's about----What's your sign?

kre8karma's photo
Mon 06/20/11 07:52 PM

Please be aware, the water in Michigan reduces the driving skills of all who drink or bathe in it.
Somehow, I knew you were from Ohio (takes one to know one).The interesting thing is that when you move far far away, Michigan and Ohio start to seem more and more the same. And you have to admit, it is a nice tractor! happy
THANK YOU WANT TO MOVE HERE
Sorry, too many mosquitoes who find me waaaaaay too tasty...I was just there a week ago, sorry I missed you. I rented a car in Detroit and drove to Toledo, does that make me more of a Michigan driver or an Ohio driver?

kre8karma's photo
Mon 06/20/11 07:44 PM
Anthony Bourdain in background
Bron Y Aur Stomp by Led Zeppelin (Best love song about a sheepdog EVER) in foreground.
Hey, I'm a Gemini, I multi-task !:wink:

kre8karma's photo
Sun 06/19/11 09:51 PM

"looking for my swordfish"

I'm not here to judge. But you might want to check your local statutes.

two thumbs up--good one!

kre8karma's photo
Sun 06/19/11 08:37 PM
Black, like my heart.
(somebody had to say it)
tongue2

kre8karma's photo
Sun 06/19/11 05:37 PM
Testify ! AMEN !

kre8karma's photo
Sun 06/19/11 10:45 AM

I've always wondered... instead of this karma annuity I have, is there somewhere I can just trade in all of my karma points for one lump sum?!
hmmmmm...my thoughts on that are "he who gives lumps will get lumps, sum or otherwise" (sorry, accounting not my strong suit) I can't speak to the rate of allocation, only that it will happen somewhere, somehow....been there, lived it.:smile:

You are quite the sport... you did well too.
I'm impressed by your forth-rightness and playfulness.

(and now now I'm gushing... I choose to shut-up now. haha.)
Welcome to Mingle, again.
Awwwwwwww..........flowerforyou

kre8karma's photo
Sun 06/19/11 10:27 AM

Please be aware, the water in Michigan reduces the driving skills of all who drink or bathe in it.
Somehow, I knew you were from Ohio (takes one to know one).The interesting thing is that when you move far far away, Michigan and Ohio start to seem more and more the same. And you have to admit, it is a nice tractor! happy

kre8karma's photo
Sun 06/19/11 08:16 AM

i guess the question is, is she appealing enough that you'd like her to put forth a little effort? if so, you could send her a message saying that her first attempt at conversation was a little lacking and that you're willing to offer her a second chance at it.

. . .
Ok. I LOVED 74Drew's response except for that last little bit. I would suggest rather than critiquing her first attempt, which might make her feel defensive, if she is appealing, bait the hook by setting a good example. Send her a response asking her to tell you more about herself (who doesn't love that) or asking a specific question about something you see in her profile. Even tell her a bit more about yourself than your profile states. Give her something to work with and see what happens then (?)Like he said, sometimes it IS enough. Not that I am an expert, I 've just had the same experience as you and wondered what to do myself. I don't know, unless I was smokin' hot like those Russian babes in the ads on this site, I would not want to take the chance of not being appealing enough to get a reply. I would not want to make my first impression on another be that I don't care enough about the outcome to risk crafting an entire sentence. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

kre8karma's photo
Sun 06/19/11 08:03 AM

Hope you guys don't mind if ask about something along those lines. I need a lesson in dating site etiquette.
I recently had someone view my profile and message me. (and I was as surprised as you are!) The only thing she said was 'Hi'. Am I being a crumb by not saying Hi back? I do feel a little guilty by ignoring her. But I also feel like, if she really wanted to make friends with people, she'd muster up a little more than a 'Hi'. I'm a guy, true, but I'm one of those odd few that enjoys a meaningful conversation.

what's the harm in saying hi back? if a person were to walk up to you on the street and just start firing questions at you without giving you a chance to acknowledge them first you'd find that a little weird, yes?

. . .
Well, although I agree there is no harm in saying "hi" back, I personally have a problem with the one word folks as well. They aren't giving you much to work with or much incentive to want to find out more about them, for that matter. On the street,it's a different situation-- you have the clues of body language, facial expression, etc.like msharmony said, to tell you something about the person. If you were to walk up to the person and just said "hi" on the street, they would probably just say "hi" back (if that) and keep walking unless you actually started a conversation. Here on Mingle, you are really putting the other person on the spot, i.e. in the position of initiating a conversation if you only send a "Hi". It seems disrespectful to me. If you thought enough of their profile or picture to initiate a conversation,surely there is something you could ask them about themselves to get the ball rolling? Just a single question--like "what kind of dog is that in your profile pic"-or "how old are your kids?" or "where did you get that interesting hat?" You can save the 20 questions or Spanish Inquisition for the messages that follow, but for gosh sakes, give me something to work with, people ! ;-)

Thanks kre8karma. That's pretty much the gist of why I didn't reply. She jammed the ball into my court with just a 'Hi'.
And for the record, that's not a dog in my profile pic. That's me during my mountain man phase while living in the Pacific Northwest.

Sorry to the OP for hijacking. I'll start a new thread.

LOL. Yes. You look more Pacific NW than Iowa in the photo. Like you've been in the woods awhile. I lived in Seattle for awhile and kept expecting to see a Sasquatch or a Vietnam vet emerge from the woods there--or a bear.Disappointed on all counts, I fear. But, just so there is not confusion, those questions were just examples, not pertaining to your profile particularly

kre8karma's photo
Sun 06/19/11 07:56 AM

what's the harm in saying hi back? if a person were to walk up to you on the street and just start firing questions at you without giving you a chance to acknowledge them first you'd find that a little weird, yes?

. . .
Well, although I agree there is no harm in saying "hi" back, I personally have a problem with the one word folks as well. They aren't giving you much to work with or much incentive to want to find out more about them, for that matter. On the street,it's a different situation-- you have the clues of body language, facial expression, etc.like msharmony said, to tell you something about the person. If you were to walk up to the person and just said "hi" on the street, they would probably just say "hi" back (if that) and keep walking unless you actually started a conversation. Here on Mingle, you are really putting the other person on the spot, i.e. in the position of initiating a conversation if you only send a "Hi". It seems disrespectful to me. If you thought enough of their profile or picture to initiate a conversation,surely there is something you could ask them about themselves to get the ball rolling? Just a single question--like "what kind of dog is that in your profile pic"-or "how old are your kids?" or "where did you get that interesting hat?" You can save the 20 questions or Spanish Inquisition for the messages that follow, but for gosh sakes, give me something to work with, people ! ;-)

i guess i'm a little different. i feel invisible most of the time, so if a girl says hi i'm going to acknowledge her. whether i find her attractive or not, i'm not going to just ignore her as if she's invisible to me.

. . .
Viva la difference ! That is what makes it fun to interact here. As you can tell by the length of my responses, I am very verbal. It may be that when I send a reply, people are really wishing it would only be a single word or two ! Actually, I usually respond to the "Hi's" too. But only with a few words. If they come back with a whole sentence, then we are off and running. But if, after 4 exchanges, the word count is less than a dozen, which happens frequently, I surrender!

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 09:58 PM

Welcome karma
Thank you ! I would love to see your art. Also, what I have seen of British Columbia (mostly Vancouver & Victoria) impressed me with its beauty.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 09:54 PM

I do believe you will be a valuable addition to the site....!!

shades
Why thank you. I hope I don't disappoint. I am enjoying the influx of warmth and levity into my existence here already.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 09:06 PM

Well, hello there, Stranger ! Karma a bidge? Heck,no.I think you're thinking of paybacks. Karma is just, karma is fair, karma is balance in a chaotic universe. IMHO, anyway.

Ah, I always get lost on euphemisms... social politness eludes me.
I thought that it was payback was a,well M/F... but who am I to say?
I'm sure that it is how you say... Karma is sweet and generous.
Welcome.
Yeah ! That's it. Now how do I insert a smiley with a halo?

When you post check on the add smiley:angel: :angel:
Thank you very much !

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 08:58 PM

Well, hello there, Stranger ! Karma a bidge? Heck,no.I think you're thinking of paybacks. Karma is just, karma is fair, karma is balance in a chaotic universe. IMHO, anyway.

Ah, I always get lost on euphemisms... social politness eludes me.
I thought that it was payback was a,well M/F... but who am I to say?
I'm sure that it is how you say... Karma is sweet and generous.
Welcome.
Yeah ! That's it. Now how do I insert a smiley with a halo?

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 08:47 PM
And thanks for the warm welcome, all !

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 08:46 PM

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 08:42 PM

I've always wondered... instead of this karma annuity I have, is there somewhere I can just trade in all of my karma points for one lump sum?!
hmmmmm...my thoughts on that are "he who gives lumps will get lumps, sum or otherwise" (sorry, accounting not my strong suit) I can't speak to the rate of allocation, only that it will happen somewhere, somehow....been there, lived it.:smile: