Community > Posts By > geektothetenth

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/09/09 06:16 PM
Sigh,

2 ask for my photo boxes, one harlequin, and a lady trying to pimp out her ex-husband.

Officially, now my least favorite topic.tears

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/09/09 06:12 PM

talk trash about overweight or just big people when the overweight or just big person is trying to change,i say jeolousy mostly

any time i've ever been at a gym, i haven't found anyone talking like that.

they've all been very helpful, both about using the equipment and/or training methods.

Yes but they probably lie to you, bench presses can also be done while wearing a shirt. And no the proper position for spotting someone doing squats is not underneath them.

Reminds me of something that happened to me. I was at the gym one day (long time ago) doing bench presses and asked someone nearby to spot me (should've actually looked at the person first, the goofball was wearing spandex). Anyways while I'm lowering the weight, the guy, instead of just lowering his arms decides to use good form and lowers with his legs. Where I come from that's called a teabag, and I'd rather crush my trachea with a barbell.

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/09/09 06:00 PM
2 servings of Tsung Bao "beef"

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/09/09 05:57 PM

Better than a used condom box!!!noway smokin

Ummm strange, if the condom box is the thing getting all messy, I think you're using them wrong.

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/09/09 05:44 PM
Ah good ole mutual match: Before the inception of the mutual match system I never realized I was so attractive to people who live as far away as possible in the continental USA. Of course the solution is to move to that far away location, rent an apartment, set up your internet and mutual match there then when you match with people from your original location you can move back home.

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/09/09 05:28 PM
Though it's not nice to make fun of people, I'll admit I've made fun of lots of people in my life and have been made fun of a lot. I even make fun of myself quite often, my profile is riddled with racist jokes and I remember I made a post before (on JSH) titled 10 reasons not to date an asian, along with 10 reasons to date an asian, trust me, none of it was complimentary. I'm not saying that people should really be hurtful like to attack a single person, but comedians would really be boring if they didn't make fun of general groups of people.

I'm not speaking from the perspective of someone fit and trim, I'm probably at least 15 maybe 20lbs over what my BMI should be, which I wouldn't care about if it were muscle but the wrinkly marks the elastic on my boxers leave on the underside of my belly makes me think it's not. It's not fat, it's extra energy reserves and insulation in case of an emergency, see I'm not chubby, I'm prepared, prepared like a kick-ass navy seal.

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:44 PM

worth repeating:

Whether you're slim or overweight, its a genetic thing. If weight runs in your family tree, then chances are good you're going to have a few extra pounds.

Sometimes we tend to be too concerned about appearances and not enough on a person's character.

Just my 2 cents. :-)

Rick

and worth FAR more than 2 cents!

Like most traits, it's more complicated than just genetics. It's both genetics and environment together. If it were purely genetics fat people wouldn't be able to drop weight and become thin, and there are many who do. And kids that are thin could never become fat adults...which many do.

Sure it may be easier for some and tougher for others, but the vast majority of people fall in the middle of the bell curve, they don't have a superhigh metabolism nor a super slow one. For most people weight is within their control.

One may never have the abs of a mens health cover model, but seriously do you think all the obese people you see in the US are the result of bad luck in the genetic lottery, or being physically unable to work out?

The obesity issue in the US is a fairly recent phenomenon, jobs have become more sedentary, people work more hours, and the food we eat has more crap in it than it used to if it were purely a genetic link, obesity rates wouldn't change.

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 06/07/09 09:55 PM

hey if it's gonna poison it the cat wont take it and if i'm wrong ooops sorry :wink:

No animals cannot read and don't take vet classes and yes they will eat stuff that will kill them. The anti freeze example is one of them, animals will readily suck it up and then it'll kill them. Cats will drink milk even though it gives them the runs. Dogs will eat chocolate or xylitol (sugar substitute used in various products mostly gum) both of which can kill the dog.

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 06/07/09 04:27 PM

tomatoe sauce bad for a cat? whenever I have pasta, my cat will try to lick the sauce off the plate, I don't let him, but was wondering if it would harm him or not.
pitchfork give it some beer 2 drinkdevil

:tongue: Nah, he's 12 years old now, I want him to live as long as possible. I'm hoping he lives atleast 16 years.

Funny coincidence I think by the time most kids are 16 years old their parents want to kill them.

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 06/07/09 12:49 PM

I came to the conclusion that..no matter what our differences are...no matter of race, creed or age and certainly no matter of financial and prestige in the world...we are all made of the same stuff that also supports life.
A basic need of love...compassion and understanding.
Let this then be the place to come to talk..think and hear what we are all trying to say...We Are All One!

Ya Dig?

Actually in a scientific sense we really are all one, and not just humans, we're one with everything. Via the Law of Conservation matter is cannot be destroyed or created, the forms just change. A dinosaur dies, bacteria causes it's flesh to rot, those nutrients feed the ground etc etc. So we are made up of the same carbon atoms that they were made up of.
Thank you so much for looking deeper into the original statement.I really resonate with what you are saying.That yes...we all have individual personalities...but the stuff we are made of is connected to EVERYTHING!It which case..I am guessing we are all truly responsible for each other.
Thank you for that my man!Namaste!

I'm part T-Rex, part komodo dragon, part duck billed platypus, I'm freakin AWESOME.happy

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 06/07/09 12:35 PM

I came to the conclusion that..no matter what our differences are...no matter of race, creed or age and certainly no matter of financial and prestige in the world...we are all made of the same stuff that also supports life.
A basic need of love...compassion and understanding.
Let this then be the place to come to talk..think and hear what we are all trying to say...We Are All One!

Ya Dig?

Actually in a scientific sense we really are all one, and not just humans, we're one with everything. Via the Law of Conservation matter is cannot be destroyed or created, the forms just change. A dinosaur dies, bacteria causes it's flesh to rot, those nutrients feed the ground etc etc. So we are made up of the same carbon atoms that they were made up of.

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 06/07/09 12:17 PM

My mom is overweight through no fault of her own. She broke her ankle very badly. She's been through several surgeries for it. She can hardly walk. Now she's gotten very heavy. She eats healthy but can't move around.

Sorry to hear that, and of course there are certain health exceptions that people have no control over, like thyroid issues affecting their metabolism, or a mental problem like addiction to food. But these constitute the very small minority.

Is she getting any rehab at the same time? Like water exercise treatments or anything? Or electro stimulation to slow down muscle atrophy?

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 06/07/09 12:05 PM

the 60's werent fun. The 60's were tragic. the political and social upheavals almost tore this country apart and I hope we never live through that again

Yes but at the same time, it was needed. Things of worth usually take sacrifices and the more worthwhile the ideal, the harder the sacrifice.

The 60's weren't fun, it was tragic, but it was also an opening of eyes and brought changes that have led to better things today.

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 06/07/09 11:59 AM

wow all this argument over a decade yeesh maybe i dont wish i was around back then if it makes ppl argue this much. and i did find a black person and asked him about the sixties cuz he was around back then in california and he said he had a great time but yea i didnt post this just for ppl to ***** at me i just thought the sixties would have been fun. selah

Don't take it personally. I think people are just pointing out that you're only looking at one side of the 60's. I was also trying to make the point that right now is not that bad a time to live in the US and that perhaps you should look on the bright side of today instead of just looking at all the bad things in today's world and comparing it with the good things in the past.

Well, except for quiet 2008, I think he's just trying to beat you into submission at this point lol.

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 06/07/09 11:53 AM

Did you turn down someone who was overweight and they got upset about it? Is that why it bothers you that people are saying it shouldn't be ok to make fun of someone's weight? Just curious, because you seem to have thought about this a lot.

No, I just think about things like perceptions, societal conventions and stuff like that quite a bit.

Yes, euphoric, that's mainly the point I was making.

Sometimes I think that society has become too feminized in certain ways, like everyone has to be coddled treated with a light touch as to spare their feelings. Is it advantageous to be very overweight (I'm not talking about a few extra pounds but like morbidly obese).

Whatever people want to do to their bodies is fine, but I live in philly which has a high rate of obesity. You don't really see 2 healthy skinny parents with fat kids. Young kids don't know better and can't cook, and obese parents that eat unhealthy and are completely sedentary are hurting their kids. It's a problem because of how we gain weight, fat cells never go away, they can shrink but if you have a lot of fat cells losing weight is harder so obesity in adults is usually linked with obesity in childhood.

I don't think most obese people like being that way, who wants to struggle to walk a single city block or have trouble getting out of a chair. If you came up with a pill that would instantly make an obese person trim and fit, don't you think most would take that pill?

I don't think it's good to just pick on people, but I also don't think that everyone should walk on egg shells and use euphemisms for fear of being too honest.

Just look at the terms people use "big" people, it's not big people (that could be like Shaq) and people damn well know that's not what they mean, they mean fat people but can't say it cause it might hurt someone's feelings. Like teachers can't fail students anymore cause it'll hurt their self esteem. One district I read about didn't want teachers to use red ink cause it might hurt the student's feelings. Some empathy is good, but to the point where people start feeling that their flaws aren't flaws and it's everyone else's problem and not theirs, I don't think that that is empowering to a person.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 06/06/09 10:16 PM

Whoever said it's "okay to make fun of someone because they are immature, or act like a jerk, or they're stupid, or any other number of personality defects and intellectual short comings"?

I never got the memo that said it was okay to do that.

Wasn't someone just making fun of someone who does roids here? And I didn't see anyone defending the roid users. But if someone makes negative comments about someone overweight, how much you want to bet people will jump all over them? How bout someone who's egotistical, it's acceptable to make fun of them (people don't defend them very often either)?

Why is it okay to not date someone because you'd prefer someone smarter (or someone with a different personality) but tell the community here you don't want to date a person cause they're overweight and people think you're a douchebag.

I'm not saying it should be okay to make fun of people but you have to admit there's a greater level of societal acceptability with making fun of a person who acts like a moron (like when Brittany spears went nuts, Lindsey Lohan became a drunk skank) vs someone's weight.

If you want to get in shape, that's an admirable goal, if you don't want to, that's also fine. I just find it a bit irritating when people overweight complain that potential suitors don't like them because they are overweight, and then everyone bashes those people as being shallow and egotistical as if it's wrong to have a preference. If you love your body, love your body and who cares what other people say about it. If you want to change it, then you have to work at it.

If those comments hurt someone, then maybe they do want to change and they should be encouraged in a non hurtful way. They shouldn't just be told that everyone else is a jerk that's just going to kill their motivation.

It's been said women are more empathetic, and men are more solution oriented, that's probably where our differences in opinions lie. Someone's weight is their own business, but it's a choice, people choose to be overweight or in shape. Complaining or feeling bad about it just doesn't really help the situation.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 06/06/09 01:51 PM
Why is it okay to make fun of someone because they are immature, or act like a jerk, or they're stupid, or any other number of personality defects and intellectual short comings, but weight and body....totally off limits all of the sudden?

If you're at the gym and people snicker don't stop going, use that as motivation tell yourself that you're going to make them eat those words. If you're fat and love yourself just the way you are and don't want to change then don't, don't listen to what people say, but you also shouldn't complain if someone doesn't want to date you due to your weight just find a guy who digs fat chicks.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 06/06/09 02:36 AM
I was refering to the OP not you.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 06/06/09 12:36 AM
Hey, at least one of us is trying. More sarcastic than funny though.

Just trying to point out how vague some of those things are. It's like when people say I like movies...wow, that tells me alot, maybe the person likes snuff films. I like surprises, finding out your significant other has the clap might be a surprise, not exactly a pleasant one.

On a more serious note, the point of the profile is to give someone a little slice of your personality. I think personality compatibility is more important than having similar hobbies or likes/dislikes. Those are surface things, I've never heard of anyone saying "oh well, that girl is perfect but she likes windsailing...just can't date her."

A person going online to meet someone might read 20 profiles in a day, how many times do you think that person reads the same kind of list over and over. If you're not going to write something unique to you, you're forcing people to only go by your photo....and weren't you complaining about something like that in another post?

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 06/06/09 12:07 AM
The issue is that if Obama goes after Bush, Rummy, and quick draw McGraw the backlash wouldn't be pretty. The Republican Party is in a bit of disarray at the moment, their attacks on Obama haven't really gained traction, an event like this could rally the GOP and give them something to unify under.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25