no photo
Sun 09/03/17 05:54 PM

...that says it all laugh

no photo
Sun 09/03/17 10:40 AM
I like Mexicare better, it's free.ohwell

no photo
Sun 09/03/17 09:12 AM
A stupid cop. I hope the family wins the suit and the cop does some time.

no photo
Sun 09/03/17 09:01 AM
Edited by alleoops on Sun 09/03/17 09:03 AM
Most people pay into a pension fund of some kind. But were not talking about average joe.
Then base the pension on their net worth when leaving office.

I have no problem with a former potus living in poverty. Like that's
going to happen.

no photo
Sun 09/03/17 08:44 AM
With the amount of money that presidents now make with book deals
and speaking and such. They leave the office as multi-millionars, some
are millionaire's before becoming Presidents.
It's time to end pension payments to all future and former Presidents.
Jmho.

no photo
Sun 09/03/17 08:34 AM
One problem is, NK doesn't have to have a missile to reach the US. They are capable of launching a nuclear device into orbit and exploding it over the US. That EMP would take out not only all of the electrical power grids but all computer systems in our hemisphere. That would mean no power, no food, no water, no medical, basicly
everything shuts down. It would take the US years to recover if at all. Millions would begin to die within months from starvation alone.
This is very serious folks.

no photo
Sat 09/02/17 01:54 PM
MM, been fishing lately?

no photo
Sat 09/02/17 01:48 PM

Hmmmm lock those in charge of sanctuary cities should be locked up too

Exactly, Arpaio was enforcing the law. Sanctuary Cities do not.

no photo
Sat 09/02/17 01:39 PM

I hope the cop doesn't show up in her emergency room needing care. He may not receive the best of care. Just sayin
we'll see that is where you are wrong .. he would still get the best nursing care .. alex would not be his nurse .. she would never be put in that situation . Without a doubt he acted unprofessionally and unethically .. I hope he gets more than a slap across his knuckles.

Don't know about other towns, but here, the cops take "special care" of
nurses. Cops know the nurses and nurses know them. No tickets, or stuff like that. Your right though, he would still get the best of care.

no photo
Sat 09/02/17 01:25 PM

I hope the cop doesn't show up in her emergency room needing care. He may not receive the best of care. Just sayin

they will have a hard time to find a Vein in his arm!laugh laugh laugh

laugh

no photo
Sat 09/02/17 01:18 PM
Texas is a great country.drinker

no photo
Sat 09/02/17 12:28 PM

They are the Mice,nay,Rats!
There was never anything "Idealistic" about them!laugh
I think their idealism comes making as much money as they can by not caring which political boat they ride... left or right, groups like this should not be allowed...

Liberal policies promote this type of stuff.

no photo
Sat 09/02/17 12:17 PM

You don't know what X-rays are, do you?

and were sure you do, S A.

no photo
Sat 09/02/17 12:11 PM

So far, it's been exactly as I expected for the both of them.

In fact, the only time we didn't see the normal Federal response to a disaster, was after Katrina.

Yep,thanks to the Democrat Local Authorities!
Everything was in place,but,as usual,they goofed!

What is sad is that the area that Katrina hit has still not totally recovered..... So something failed there...

In the end I just hope that all of Texas gets rebuilt or cleaned up. But most of the clean up will be due to the People of the USA pitching in when they see others are in need. It is all about People Pulling Together When Others are In Need!

Yes Trump stepped in and declared what was needed and even pulled money out of his own pocket 1 Million at that have never seen another President that did that.. So people can say what they want to but this is one time Trump showed where he stands!

exactly!:thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more. Trump is a "get the job done" President. Unlike
his predecessor wimp.

no photo
Sat 09/02/17 12:00 PM
Drop the appeal and accept the pardon. Either way he walks.

no photo
Sat 09/02/17 11:52 AM

no photo
Sat 09/02/17 09:05 AM
Edited by alleoops on Sat 09/02/17 09:06 AM

Utah officer who arrested nurse over blood test put on leave

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah nurse said she was scared to death when a police officer handcuffed and dragged her screaming from a hospital after she refused to allow blood to be drawn from an unconscious patient.

After Alex Wubbels and her attorneys released dramatic video of the arrest, prosecutors called for a criminal investigation and Salt Lake City police put Detective Jeff Payne on paid leave Friday. "This cop bullied me. He bullied me to the utmost extreme," Wubbels said in an interview with The Associated Press. "And nobody stood in his way."

The Salt Lake City police chief and mayor also apologized and changed department policies in line with the guidance Wubbels was following in the July 26 incident. Wubbels, a former alpine skier who competed in the 1998 and 2002 Winter Olympics, said she adhered to her training and hospital protocols to protect the rights of a patient who could not speak for himself.

"You can't just take blood if you don't have a legitimate concern for something to be tested," Wubbels said. "It is the most personal property I think that we can have besides our skin and bones and organs."

Payne didn't return messages left at publicly listed phone numbers, and the Salt Lake Police Association union did not respond to messages for comment. The department and a civilian board also are conducting reviews.
"I was alarmed by what I saw in the video with our officer," Police Chief Mike Brown said. Police body-camera video shows Wubbels, who works in the burn unit, calmly explaining that she could not take blood from a patient who had been injured in a deadly car accident, citing a recent change in law. A 2016 U.S. Supreme Court ruling said a blood sample cannot be taken without patient consent or a warrant.

Wubbels told Payne that a patient had to allow a blood sample to determine intoxication or be under arrest. Otherwise, she said police needed a warrant. Police did not, but Payne insisted. The dispute ended with Payne saying, "We're done, you're under arrest" and pulling her outside while she screamed and said, "I've done nothing wrong!"
Payne wrote in a police report that he grabbed Wubbels and took her outside to avoid causing a "scene" in the emergency room. He said his boss, a lieutenant whose actions also were being reviewed, told him to arrest Wubbels if she kept interfering.

The detective left Wubbels in a hot police car for 20 minutes before realizing that blood had already been drawn as part of treatment, said her lawyer, Karra Porter. Wubbels was not charged. "This has upended her worldview in a way. She just couldn't believe this could happen," Porter said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/latest-arrested-salt-lake-nurse-accepts-chiefs-apology-49572069

no photo
Fri 09/01/17 08:42 PM
Edited by alleoops on Fri 09/01/17 08:42 PM

Ok, a spade is not a spadeslaphead

no photo
Fri 09/01/17 08:24 PM
Attacks on US diplomats in Cuba continued longer than first announced, State Department now says

September 01, 2017

Unusual health attacks on U.S. diplomats in Cuba continued as recently as August despite previous assessments that the activities had stopped in the spring, the U.S. said on Friday.

"We can confirm another incident which occurred last month and is now part of the investigation," State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said.

The U.S. is continually revising its assessments of the extent of the attacks as new information is obtained, Nauert said. An investigation has not been completed.

The announcement that the attacks – in which a potential covert sonic device caused a series of issues, including permanent hearing loss – comes after the union representing American diplomats said that mild traumatic brain injury was among the diagnoses given to diplomats victimized in the attack.

The American Foreign Service Association said additional symptoms had included brain swelling, severe headaches, loss of balance and "cognitive disruption."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/01/attacks-on-us-diplomats-in-cuba-continued-longer-than-first-announced-state-department-now-says.html

U.S. officials had previously said that the attacks had started in fall 2016 and continued until spring 2017. Last week, Nauert had said at least 16 Americans associated with the U.S. Embassy in Havana had been affected, but that the "incidents" were no longer occurring. The tally of U.S. government personnel affected jumped to 19 following Friday’s revelation.

Two Cuban diplomats were kicked out of the Washington embassy by the State Department following news of the incidents.

no photo
Fri 09/01/17 08:09 PM

Ok, a spade, is a spadesurprised