Community > Posts By > alleoops

no photo
Wed 08/30/17 05:54 PM

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) speaks about House matters during her weekly news conference on Capitol Hill, July 27, 2017 in Washington, DC. Commenting on Trump's transgender military ban, Pelosi said it was 'disgusting" to see members of the LGBT community "devalued for a hateful political agenda."
House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi officially condemned violence from Antifa on Tuesday after months of attacks on Trump supporters and free speech protesters.

The statement from Pelosi was in response to the acts of violence over the weekend in Berkeley, which led to the arrests of 13 suspects connected to Antifa's violence.

"Our democracy has no room for inciting violence or endangering the public, no matter the ideology of those who commit such acts," Pelosi wrote. "The violent actions of people calling themselves antifa in Berkeley this weekend deserve unequivocal condemnation, and the perpetrators should be arrested and prosecuted."

This marks the first-time Pelosi has condemned Antifa and is quite possibly the first time she has acknowledged the group's existence. A keyword search of her website and her Twitter account revealed no other instances in which she used the word.

A spokesman for Pelosi told the Washington Times in an email late on Monday night that Pelosi "emphasizes" the importance of "peaceful" protests and demonstrations, while not mentioning Antifa and other leftist groups behind the violence.

Pelosi also reiterated the need for peaceful dissent and free speech in her press statement on Tuesday by saying hate must not be used to fight hate.

"In California, as across all of our great nation, we have deep reverence for the Constitutional right to peaceful dissent and free speech," Pelosi continued. "Non-violence is fundamental to that right. Let us use this sad event to reaffirm that we must never fight hate with hate, and to remember the values of peace, openness and justice that represent the best of America."

Comment: Not the first time Pelosi has changed her tune to match public opinion.

Pelosi demands all 'reprehensible' Confederate statues be removed from Capitol

yet she passed them for thirty years without batting an Eye!laugh

laugh

no photo
Wed 08/30/17 05:45 PM
Remember, it's not a Church, it's a Bidness.

no photo
Wed 08/30/17 05:39 PM
The cops had no way of knowing what his problem was. That's what I
would call a bad day. Poor guy I hope he recovers.
I did noticed that case of Icehouse Beer in the back seat. ohwell

no photo
Wed 08/30/17 01:20 PM

Jim Bakker is a scam along with the other tv evangelists.

I'll agree with that.

no photo
Tue 08/29/17 01:50 PM
Many of the looters are young. If it wasn't for that I'd say open season on looters.

no photo
Tue 08/29/17 11:58 AM
You can say that again.smile2

no photo
Tue 08/29/17 10:44 AM
Houston combating Harvey looters with mandatory jail time.

Published August 29, 2017
Fox News

Now Playing

Reports of looting, price gauging in Harvey's wake
Close

The City of Houston and surrounding area is not playing around when it comes to looters taking advantage of the massive floods caused by Hurricane Harvey.

The Montgomery County District Attorney’s office-- a neighboring county-- posted a warning on Monday that any looters, thieves or burglars caught victimizing area residents will be arrested and served up mandatory jail time, according to the Houston Chronicle.

"(District Attorney Brett) Ligon announced today that his office will seek prison or jail time in each and every forthcoming case where the defendant stands charged with theft (looting), burglary, robbery, or any similar crime committed during Hurricane Harvey," the DA’s office posted on Facebook. "Leniency and probation will be off the table for these offenses committed during this time."

According to Montgomery County officials, state law “allows for enhanced punishment ranges for certain offenses committed during a declared natural disaster event.”

Ligon also commented on the need to enforce the law.

"[L]aw-enforcement and first responder efforts have been tremendous in our County these last few days and they must remain focused,” He said in a released statement. “We stand behind all our law-enforcement agencies and will support their decisions to shut down and immediately arrest suspected criminals during this difficult time for our community.”

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo also raised concern on Monday about looters during an interview with "Good Morning America."

Published August 29, 2017
Fox News

Now Playing

Reports of looting, price gauging in Harvey's wake
Close

The City of Houston and surrounding area is not playing around when it comes to looters taking advantage of the massive floods caused by Hurricane Harvey.

The Montgomery County District Attorney’s office-- a neighboring county-- posted a warning on Monday that any looters, thieves or burglars caught victimizing area residents will be arrested and served up mandatory jail time, according to the Houston Chronicle.

"(District Attorney Brett) Ligon announced today that his office will seek prison or jail time in each and every forthcoming case where the defendant stands charged with theft (looting), burglary, robbery, or any similar crime committed during Hurricane Harvey," the DA’s office posted on Facebook. "Leniency and probation will be off the table for these offenses committed during this time."

According to Montgomery County officials, state law “allows for enhanced punishment ranges for certain offenses committed during a declared natural disaster event.”

Ligon also commented on the need to enforce the law.

"[L]aw-enforcement and first responder efforts have been tremendous in our County these last few days and they must remain focused,” He said in a released statement. “We stand behind all our law-enforcement agencies and will support their decisions to shut down and immediately arrest suspected criminals during this difficult time for our community.”

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo also raised concern on Monday about looters during an interview with "Good Morning America."

"We've already arrested a handful of looters," Acevedo said. "We've made it real clear to our community, we're going to do whatever it takes to protect their homes and their businesses."

Sherriff for Harris County also issued a caveat for looters on Twitter.

"To crooks out there, be warned! No looting & burglaries. We will not have it. My jail is open and you will be arrested & charged," Gonzalez posted on Monday morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/29/houston-combating-harvey-looters-with-mandatory-jail-time.html

no photo
Tue 08/29/17 10:38 AM
Stuff like this just makes Trumps support stronger. Their burying themselves with lies, that,s good. :thumbsup:

no photo
Sun 08/27/17 09:23 PM
Your lucky to have power. They are opening places here in Dallas for victims. How bout the mayor telling everyone to stay home. If I lived in Houston, I'd own a boat.

no photo
Sun 08/27/17 06:59 PM
Edited by alleoops on Sun 08/27/17 07:00 PM

Remembering the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughan 27 years after his death

27 years ago today.

It's been 27 years since Texas guitar great Stevie Ray Vaughan died in a Bell 206 helicopter crash in East Troy, Wis., on Aug. 27, 1990.

Before he died he played a final gig with Eric Clapton and Robert Cray at the Alpine Valley Music Theatre.

Vaughan and Double Trouble's set included hits like "Pride and Joy" and Crossfire" played with their textbook ferocity.

Clapton was the next and final act on the bill.

no photo
Sun 08/27/17 06:52 PM
"When it's floodin down in Texas" Stevie Ray Vaughn played best.smokin

Stevie Ray Vaughn was killed 27 years ago today.

no photo
Sun 08/27/17 10:53 AM
That was the problem, most of the mexicans in AZ were illegals and probably still are. So now, people agree to enforce the law as written.
Not as some judge in Hawaii thinks it should be.

no photo
Sun 08/27/17 10:47 AM

Omg, I just realised, I went to a party last night, the really old pub and the big church next to it were older than America! surprised

was that back when England had slaves?
They must be torn down immediately winking

no photo
Sun 08/27/17 10:40 AM
some don't agree, and that's too bad for them.ohwell

no photo
Sun 08/27/17 08:33 AM

I think Biden was far from Dumb

just another 'stir them up' guy who had little vocal filter,,,,

yep,Old Joe,Icefishing Champ!

laugh

"Stand up Chuck" laugh

no photo
Sun 08/27/17 08:22 AM

"The President...shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."
Article II, Section 2, Clause 1

Deal with it.

and Trump is the Presidentdrinker

no photo
Fri 08/25/17 09:20 PM

they need to take down The statue of Vladimir Lenin in Seattle

sorry, it's a sanctuary statue

no photo
Fri 08/25/17 09:07 PM
Edited by alleoops on Fri 08/25/17 09:09 PM

I've been trying to talk all night about the hurricane. I guess nobody is interested.

The fact the very few people have responded to this topic doesn't mean that nobody is interested.

I was until you said that, now I'm notohwell

hey River, nice ear.laugh

no photo
Thu 08/24/17 07:38 PM

I believe its most likely about remaining 'competitive' in the modern world and increasing visitors.

I also believe, like with the statues, it should be determined by the citizens who live there.

free enterprise and capitalism cancel personal rights and freedoms... wal mart was kicking people off there lands that has been owned by the same family since the civil war, same when they want to build highways through your land or home...

if it came make someone money, your rights are mostly out the window...

Hey, they got to make up for the money lost for being a sanctuary city.
laugh

no photo
Thu 08/24/17 07:02 PM
I could see some updating useful there, they don't make a lot off of the gift shop. Phil Collins donated his private Alamo collection to them. he had David Crockett's rifle too. I haven't seen it yet but he had more relics than they did.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next