Community > Posts By > Turtlepoet78

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/26/08 10:18 AM
Paper ballots are always good, electronic voting, as you pointed out really only adds more complications, and at least with paper ballots there is a paper trail. I like though how some states using electronic voting use paper print outs as well, it'd be nice to have electronic voting with this print out record across the board and to keep plain paper ballots on hand as back up in the event of such failures;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/26/08 08:22 AM
'91 was a bad year for me as well. But I'd have to go back to meet Ben Franklin, or maybe Harriet Tubmen, two of the most important people in American history;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/26/08 07:19 AM
Only thing I'm afraid of in canada is the climate, bbrrrrrrrr;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/26/08 07:11 AM

My parents are in their seventies and active as hell.I think john McCain has a lot to contribute.I salute him !!

My grandad is 82 years old & building a new bath room on his house. Not the same as running a country, but still proof that 70 is not too old;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/26/08 07:08 AM

For it or against it? Let me know Thanks

Against. Aside from it crossing the line from justice to veangance, and as I pointed out in the last thread, it's unconstitutional (here in the states anyway). It's crazy the unconstitutional acts commited by my government, seizing private property from citisens, banning gay marriage, and of course killing people outside the claim of self defense. There is no justice in killing where encarciration is an option. Do we need stiffer sentances? Yes, death penalty no. I've seen the other side of this road & it's no cakewalk, prison life is a b*tch & a half;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/26/08 07:00 AM

Chuck Norris, who backs
Mike Huckabee, thinks
John McCain is too
old to be President.

What do you think?

I think Huckabee is dangerous given his view on making this a theocracy. Better to have an old man than a theocratic dictator, in fact Mccain is the only republican right now that I support;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:51 AM

A bit like 'evolution' and 'creationism', no common grounds!!!

I have to take issue with that, scripture says God created but not how he created;^]

You don't need the whole convoluted and perverted 'creationist' machine to support that 'evolution' is an intrinsic part of 'god's creation!!!

The bible doesn't have to be taken word for word in order for one's christian faith in god to be intact!!!

What say you 'turtlepoet78' ?!?!?

Not all of it, before Abraham reached Sumeria the Hebrews had no alphabet & so history was passed on oraly. Each book is it's own exception to symbolism vs. direct, but the seven day explanation had to be symbolic in my humble as well as many of the other Genesis stories;^]

Find no qualms with those statements!!!

And asserting it so, makes you no less of a Christian!!!

Are we not in agreement here?!?!?

Absolutly, the literalists hold no monopoly over any corner of Abraham religion;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:43 AM
Edited by Turtlepoet78 on Tue 01/22/08 11:43 AM

I have to take issue with that, scripture says God created but not how he created;^]

You don't need the whole convoluted and perverted 'creationist' machine to support that 'evolution' is an intrinsic part of 'god's creation!!!

The bible doesn't have to be taken word for word in order for one's christian faith in god to be intact!!!

What say you 'turtlepoet78' ?!?!?

Not all of it, before Abraham reached Sumeria the Hebrews had no alphabet & so history was passed on oraly. Each book is it's own exception to symbolism vs. direct, but the seven day explanation had to be symbolic in my humble as well as many of the other Genesis stories;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:39 AM

That's the thing, the anti evolutionists have tryed to monopolise the term "creationist". Of course we know there are tons of creation stories, but yeah I agree evolution was a big part of how God created, he is afterall the ultimate & original scientist;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:25 AM

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:21 AM

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Sorry 'Turtlepoet78',

It's as though 'Dr. Spidercmb' completely ignored my honorable suggestion, and insists on publishing is 'indisputable scientific findings'...

... on a dating site!!!

I hope 'Dr. sidercbm' knows something we unworthy chatters have no clue about?!?!?

He must!!!

:)

I think I figured it out man, it was the same alien ship that brought Obama that planted Lucy, that would explain her bi pedal pelvis..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:08 AM

Sorry 'Turtlepoet78',

It's as though 'Dr. Spidercmb' completely ignored my honorable suggestion, and insists on publishing is 'indisputable scientific findings'...

... on a dating site!!!

I hope 'Dr. sidercbm' knows something we unworthy chatters have no clue about?!?!?

He must!!!

:)

Yeah, talk about strawmen, turning my "we have enough of her pelvis to know she was designed for walking upright" to "we have all of". Who are we to argue all knowing spider..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:06 AM
Where did the website say he wasn't? He sure doesn't walk upright anymore, his "peculiarities" is to say they don't know why for sure, yet common sense dictates, given his origin to public eye as an entertaining money maker is that he was trained. Lucy's pelvis would not have allowed her to return to a chimp state of walking as Oliver has done in his old age. So, if Oliver was trained or if he was simply mimmicking his human companions, it still wasn't a mutation and there is no hard evidance to say he is a mutant. Yet I was the one called a strawman regardless of your speculation versus the hard evidance. Oh well, you're free to believe, I'll stick with the overall agreemant in the scientific community based on hard evidance in Lucy's remains;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 10:47 AM

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 10:44 AM
How does a mutant have the same chromozones? That kinda contradicts the whole notion of mutation. Oliver is not deformed either, he merely was trained to walk upright and no longer does so, science has proven Oliver to be just a chimp. Here you are, despite all athropologists agreeing over Lucy while saying otherwise, the remains show a pelvis and knee joints designed for walking upright. Oliver was a chimp trained to walk upright inorder to make money as an attraction, Lucy was designed by nature to walk upright in a time when forests had given way to open plains. But, keep denouncing evolution if you like, you may not change your views despite the hard evidance, not likely you'll change my view based on the hard evidance either;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 10:33 AM
http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa022800a.htm

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 10:20 AM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/humans/riddle/move.html

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 10:11 AM
Strawman? DNA tests were down a few years back proving Oliver was no mutant but a regular chimp who had apparently been trained to walk upright. You said we didn't have Lucy's pelvis, which we do & is almost an exact match to a human pelvis, sounds like you're the one reaching at straws, claiming to be more knowladgable on the subject than all the anthropologists who've examined pre human species, namely Lucy in this case. But, you can ignore the evidance if you want, some actualy believe ignorance is bliss;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:44 AM
I already know about Oliver, he was introduced as an attraction indicating he may have been trained that way, who btw nolonger walks upright in his old age. I just gave you a link discussing Lucy's pelvis, what we have is enough to show it not a common chimp pelvis, but one made for walking upright, same with the knee joints. As I said, you know better than all the anthropologists who've examined Lucy..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:31 AM
Let's see Olivers pelvis and some proof that he hadn't been trained to walk upright, history suggests that may have been the case. A preferance to walk upright & having a body made for walking upright are two differant things, and as you can see Lucy didn't have a chimps pelvis but rather one much more like ours. But of course, you know better than every anthropologist who's examined Lucy's 3 million year old remains..lol;^]