Community > Posts By > misty_57

misty_57's photo
Sat 06/18/11 03:33 PM
Wanna hang wit me? drool

misty_57's photo
Sat 06/18/11 01:35 PM

I like this topic.:smile:

When I started coming into the dating sites I felt the ones without pictures were the ones to stay away from. Then I asked myself if I was shallow, only wanting to see what they looked like before venturing further....
I ended up talking to a local guy, who didn't have a picture to share.

I clicked with him instantly. We were so much alike, and for me? That's almost impossible since I always saw myself as "different" or unique as mom always said whoa

To make a long story short, we chatted here...then on the phone for hours. He made me laugh more than any man I've ever known.

Got up the nerve and went to his side of town. Sat in Walmart parking lot, called him and said "okay time to meet" (I think he choked on his coffee at this point)but came up to meet me.

Never saw him at this point but when he drove next to my car I instantly knew it had to be him :smile: '
Was I attracted physically? He wasn't really the type I went for, but I fell for him for many other reasons, and it took over my need for a "type" of style or look.love

flowerforyou

wow, you have evolved more than me then

I still pick which profiles to read by the pictures

profiles can be long and I just dont want to read them all,,lol, its just one way to weed them out,,,

Well he actually found me. He saw me in the forums and said I made him smile embarassed

misty_57's photo
Sat 06/18/11 01:03 PM
I like this topic.:smile:

When I started coming into the dating sites I felt the ones without pictures were the ones to stay away from. Then I asked myself if I was shallow, only wanting to see what they looked like before venturing further....
I ended up talking to a local guy, who didn't have a picture to share.

I clicked with him instantly. We were so much alike, and for me? That's almost impossible since I always saw myself as "different" or unique as mom always said whoa

To make a long story short, we chatted here...then on the phone for hours. He made me laugh more than any man I've ever known.

Got up the nerve and went to his side of town. Sat in Walmart parking lot, called him and said "okay time to meet" (I think he choked on his coffee at this point)but came up to meet me.

Never saw him at this point but when he drove next to my car I instantly knew it had to be him :smile: '
Was I attracted physically? He wasn't really the type I went for, but I fell for him for many other reasons, and it took over my need for a "type" of style or look.love

flowerforyou

misty_57's photo
Thu 06/16/11 02:29 PM
Have a bag of Oreo cookies? I'll follow you anywhere :banana:

misty_57's photo
Wed 06/15/11 05:48 PM

laugh laugh laugh laugh

And for all the ladies on the thread

happy laugh

rofl rofl rofl

misty_57's photo
Sun 06/12/11 06:30 PM
Good luck with your search and welcome to mingle waving

misty_57's photo
Sun 06/12/11 02:50 PM
I don't, but that's another thread laugh

It's the same with Facebook...people want friends even though they don't know them, to look like they are popular. Just my opinion.

misty_57's photo
Sun 06/12/11 09:34 AM

God's Blessings and Comforts. I'm very sorry for your loss. Take your time to hear yourself talk, feel yourself cry and don't ever think you "should" do anything because "someone said so" or "I read this aritcle". Your heart will heal in it's own time. I wish you comfort on Mingle, knowing there are so many beautiful people on here that are willing to take the time to listen to your pain, waipe your tears and maybe even help a smile back on your face. We are here for you.
Sherry

Never hesitate to e-mail me justme. My loss was in March, so if you need to talk I'm an e-mail away. flowerforyou
Hugs
:heart: Sorry to hear this also misty,,my Prayers for you as well..

Thank you flowerforyou

misty_57's photo
Sun 06/12/11 09:27 AM
Wonderful picture to come in and see :heart:
Thanks for posting it flowerforyou

misty_57's photo
Sun 06/12/11 09:26 AM

God's Blessings and Comforts. I'm very sorry for your loss. Take your time to hear yourself talk, feel yourself cry and don't ever think you "should" do anything because "someone said so" or "I read this aritcle". Your heart will heal in it's own time. I wish you comfort on Mingle, knowing there are so many beautiful people on here that are willing to take the time to listen to your pain, waipe your tears and maybe even help a smile back on your face. We are here for you.
Sherry

Never hesitate to e-mail me justme. My loss was in March, so if you need to talk I'm an e-mail away. flowerforyou
Hugs

misty_57's photo
Fri 06/10/11 09:41 PM
rofl @ sweetest

I couldn't find the quote button on my screen! There were too many H's so now spaces :laughing:

misty_57's photo
Fri 06/10/11 02:29 PM

Keeping fast at my Prayers for God to hear your worries and guide your path.:heart:

..IF this helps you Roberta,,I became a Born again Christian,,THROUGH THIS RIGHT HERE,helping a friend in Prayers.,with another close friend of mine on here,,she had cancer diagnosed in 2000,of the breasts,,she had them both removed,,I met her on here in 2008,,and she had been on here for a year,,yet we never had met on here,,well we started emailing back and forth and a week later,,on this one night she asked me if I could say a prayer for her as I had just done that on a post for someone ,,so I sent her my Prayer...She said she was going in for her once a year appointment that next day,,for them to make sure no cancers had came back...well three days later she sent me an email telling me it HAD , this time attacking her bones...two spots on her rib and a tumor in between her lungs....She was not a Christian nor had I received Jesus in my heart,,He was just always beside me,,,:),,,THIS is a very long and deep story,,of much heart,,but to sum it up,,WE became good friends and started talking on the phone about once or twice a week,,she lived in Canada,,she started into a very Hugh amount of Chemo and radiation therapy's,,,,after six months of ALL that and MUCH,,,,life ending agonies to cope with getting through,,she had come to her end and was to be checked to see if it all worked,,,well,,she STILL had her tumor,,and mind you,,she was cut in half in ONE of her operations to remove it,,but they opened her up wrong,,as to get to it..so it stayed in,,but they felt they could kill it there?..anyway,,it remained and did her c. cells ,,so then,,I met God,,,lol,,,OK,,
I wasn't going to write this much but I feel THIS might change your life?,,Because it did mine...I left on the road from my house the day she said ,,very sadly,,that it was still with her,,and NOW they were putting her on many chemo pills everyday to fight it still more,,so,,That was Monday,,on Thursday at about 2 pm I was in my truck at a truck stop,,sitting there (no lap top then) and reading a mag.and this dude walks by me in front of the truck,,he half passes me up,,then ,,like shrugs his shoulders and looking at me,,starts walking up to my trucks door,,he said excuse me,,and asked if I might want to have a CD,,,I asked what it was about,,and he said a man who was in the mob turned to Christ and became a Minister,,,And it was the real man who made this CD,,,so I said sure..Now I cannot tell you how many times in thirty years this or similar thing has happened to me,,and sometimes its music,,preachers,,and some I pop in then just trash um,,because they didn't move me or my mind at that time to listen to them...But on this day,,as I was listening ,,he talked of his past,,and child-hood,,and we compared a little close in that respect,,but as he went on talking about his life and the mob and he said he just felt something was always missing inside,,ANYWAY,,he found Christ in his search to find himself,,OK....lol,,Now after that his Mother who he had not saw for thirty years was down sick,,and he was called by her Doctor to say she was dying,,,so he went to see her,,and found her nothing but skin and bone and she had,,,,,Bone Cancer,,the same as my friend,,,he prayer ed over her for three days and had to go back to work,,the end of that week,,his Mothers, Doctor called him with news of her incredible recovery,,,he didn't know how,,but a miracle had taken place,,and his Mom's cancer was completely gone from every test,,,(pretty cool huh),,she lived another ten years.
BUT,,he then went on to tell me IF I wanted to except Jesus into my life, how to do that,,and like I always knew how ,,but NEVER felt HIM,,to be strong enough inside me to full heartedly believe in..UNTIL THIS ALL CAME ABOUT,,,I spoke to Jesus and asked him into my heart as my savior and confessed unto him,,,IN DOING THIS,,and in tears (WHICH JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN)I asked Him to SHOW ME HIS POWER AND MERCY and save my friend from her cancer...I can't fully describe all that I felt inside but,,just an over-whelming grip,,of emotional love,,embrace,,,a,,a feeling like none I ever felt,,and most of all,,I knew,,,HE HAD HER,,SHE WAS GOING TO BE FINE...I KNEW THAT RIGHT THEN,,,and so crying and wiping my eyes and so excited,,I wanted to yell to Canada,,,but I waited until Friday when I came home and I jumped on the computer and wrote her an email,,SEE,,she KNEW I was NOT a Christian in my heart,,so as I had told her i just didn't really believe,,,NOW,,as I wrote her that email saying,,,YOUR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS,,,BUT,,,I BELIEVE,,so,,YOU JUST BELIEVE,,,lol,,GOD IS GOING TO HEAL YOU...
I sent it and within less than five minutes, she sent me a message,,SHE NEVER READ MINE TO HER YET...
Her message said,,terry I have the most wonderful news to tell you,,,Yesterday at 2 o'clock,,my Doctor called me and said,,my cancer was gone,,,and my tumor. gone to,,he can't find any sign of it?? ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL!!! YOUR PRAYERS saved me and everyones Prayers who helped me...thank you I am so overjoyed...

I was REALLY in tears reading that then...

That was her email back to me and did you happen to catch that time of her finding that out,,,,lol,,,I'm a stickler for timing,,as God surely knows that as well,,,You see,,my Prayers didn't really make a miracle here for her,,,as my excepting Jesus was at THIS SAME EXACT TIME,,,,,But THAT SHOWED ME GOD,,,,,SHOWED AND PROVED TO ME WHEN I ASKED HIM, FOR ONE....so THAT PROVED TO ME HE DOES HERE US, and MIRACLES CAN AND DO HAPPEN...
God was always with me,,and I always felt that,,and Him near,,but before that week,,,never would or did I want to commit to that in which I couldn't fully feel or know within me,,,,BUT I DO NOW!!!!
All because of this Internet,,and my desires to try and help someone,,(psssst,,THIS PLACE,,,,is where HE has me,,,:wink:) and NOW,,I KNOW THAT TO....so IF this helps you in anyway,,then IT was ment to be said,,as I have not told this story before now,,,:heart: ,,,,,,,Believe Roberta,,,and let Christ come in..
and by-the-way,,my FRIEND,,,lol,,was a heathen,,,as she told me a Christian ON HERE once called HER in a post,,because she is a Native American by culture and heart raised up...so she isn't even a Christian in others eyes,,,but SHE believes in one HE,,as her God,,,one power of this Earth who she talks to,,,in my mind,,,THAT IS OUR LORD...so ,,,theres my story and part of my life here,,to share with you...
I got saved about 3 years ago, in jail. My bunkee and me found him at the same time. We lay flat on the floor of our cell, because the bible had told us that the lower you can go, the more you humble yourself to Jesus. We layed there and confessed our sins, and became born again. We had church in jail, and looked forward to every Sunday. I couldnt wait to get out and go to a real church. I got out of jail,and found a wonderful Christian Babtist church.They took me in like their own. I told them I was addicted to meth, and that I sang rocknroll, but I wanted to be clean, and rock for Jesus now. They put me in the church choir, and it was so wonderful. About 2 months later, they rebabtised me in the church, and the minute I emerged from the water, I felt God.Than I went on to stop using meth. I was all alone, did it by myself, and did it "cold turkey", after MANY years of use. God made it easy for me to quit. When I would shake, he would calm me,when I had desire for meth, he would kill it for me. I had God and the Minglers. I posted here about my quitting and about 50 total strangers congratulated me and said they were proud of me. That was 3+ years ago, and I am still clean, and found a new home in Mingle 2. I didnt have any family near me at the time, or even a boyfriend to help me...so the Minglers and God were my support system. Thats why I stay here. I battle with depression, and have let it keep me from being here a few times in the past. But im trying to stay here for good now, and not let my deppression keep me away from what I love most...God and Mingle. So dont worry Terry, I should be just fine...I am blessed to have God, and my Mingle family right beside me every day.flowerforyou

Beautiful testimony Roberta. BIG HUGSSSSSSSS flowerforyou

misty_57's photo
Fri 06/10/11 08:45 AM
Looks like a thread in which the "H" isn't working?? winking

misty_57's photo
Fri 06/10/11 08:29 AM
Just my opinion.

As long as you both respect each others belief's... and not try to make them change who they are

I had a lot of issues with my ex husband, because of my belief's.

He was raised Lutheran, and walked away from the church, like many do.
I was raised with no religion, and became a Christian at 25.

Since he hated everything to do with the subject and did not respect how I felt, there was a wall built between us that never came down.

I would suggest that you sit and discuss this issue "completely"

misty_57's photo
Thu 06/09/11 09:58 PM

A girl with a pin to burst your bubble

That's what you get for all your trouble

I'll never fall in love again!

Burt, you ruled!

What do ya get when you kiss a guy...you get enough germs to catch pneumonia...whistles the rest cuz I don't know the words.....la la la
drinks

after you do, he'll never phone ya.

. . .

laugh thanks

misty_57's photo
Thu 06/09/11 09:23 PM

A girl with a pin to burst your bubble

That's what you get for all your trouble

I'll never fall in love again!

Burt, you ruled!

What do ya get when you kiss a guy...you get enough germs to catch pneumonia...whistles the rest cuz I don't know the words.....la la la
drinks

misty_57's photo
Thu 06/09/11 09:14 PM
The Notebook :heart:

misty_57's photo
Thu 06/09/11 08:00 PM
Eric Clapton here too laugh
From the movie "Rush"

misty_57's photo
Thu 06/09/11 05:16 PM
I'm so very sorry for you and your family sad2

My prayers will go out to you all

misty_57's photo
Thu 06/09/11 05:09 PM
Nice post :smile:
I only wish more people would feel like you do.
God Bless flowerforyou

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25