Community > Posts By > TJN

TJN's photo
Wed 01/09/13 08:34 AM
Oh those evil Christians are at it again.

TJN's photo
Wed 12/26/12 08:42 PM
Letting the tax rates for those making over $400,000/yr will fund government for how long?
Not even 1 day. So what's the sense in that?
The problem is spending, that's why you won't see an elected official touch it. Why do you think we haven't had a budget in over 3 years?

TJN's photo
Wed 12/26/12 07:37 AM

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/cgc-criminals-for-gun-control-t5293.html

*THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE*™

Richard Davidson:

It's not easy in my line of work, a lot of "job sights" I am scared to go to because of NRA stickers on the cars out side. It really can make life difficult for me, I have cocaine, hookers, and other things that I need to spend money on and now I can't even afford your basic beer on my tiny welfare check. I need more opportunities out there and as long as people can just go buy guns I'm just up **** creek in a lot of aspects of my life style.

Barbara Witswerth:
I don't like guns, People have no idea what it's like to lose sleep over worry of some guy with a Tea Party shirt and a Assault rifle crawling in my kids room at night through a window. Did you know that Abraham Lincoln was killed with a gun? That's all they do is serve as a tool to destroy lives. Another problem with them is they cause war, if guns didn't exist there would be no war and nothing left but peace and love, and that's why I don't allow them in my home!

Joe "The R***st" Kenjerski:
I keep hearing that more and more women are getting concealed weapon permits. Pepper spray is the lesser of the two evils in my opinion. But as long as these concealed weapons are allowed on the street, it makes my hobby very risky.

I hear that in Canada hand guns are illegal period. I've been considering vacationing up there for eleven months of the year.

Leroy Calvison:
It's true, the more guns that are out there in the hands of people, the harder it is to make money for me. People can't comprehend what it's like going into a situation not knowing for sure if I can get out of it okay or not. I think it is completely stupid that I have to risk getting hurt on the job!

pitchfork

How about, at birth, every babies trigger finger is cut off. They could call it circumtriggercision. That should fix it.

cruel and unusual

I think common sense regulation is more 'reasonable'

Just what is your definition of "common sense regulation"

TJN's photo
Mon 12/24/12 02:16 AM

its not easy nor is it likely guns will be 'banned'

it is more likely and easier for them to require licensing that is regulated,,, just like cars,,,

And that will keep guns out ofthe hands of criminals how?

no more than rape laws keeps rapists from finding victims,,,

but as stated a hundred times, laws arent designed with the illusion that they will eradicate crimes completely

Then why punish the law abiding citizen?

TJN's photo
Sat 12/22/12 06:37 PM
Do you really think that if they get the tax rate extensions for 400,000 or whatever # it is, that they would really truely do anything about spending cuts later down the road?

TJN's photo
Sat 12/22/12 07:25 AM

its not easy nor is it likely guns will be 'banned'

it is more likely and easier for them to require licensing that is regulated,,, just like cars,,,

And that will keep guns out ofthe hands of criminals how?

TJN's photo
Thu 12/20/12 08:02 AM
We have 3 more years. Marty Mcfly time traveled to 2015. So no worries till then.

TJN's photo
Tue 12/18/12 06:24 PM
"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good &evil in the hearts of men and women.. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out f or answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA—because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy—it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,

Your words are empty air.

You've stripped away our heritage,

You've outlawed simple prayer.

Now gunshots fill our classrooms,

And precious children die.

You seek for answers everywhere,

And ask the question "Why?"

You regulate restrictive laws,

Through legislative creed.

And yet you fail to understand,

That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs—politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America, and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA—I give to you a sincere challenge. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

-Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado

TJN's photo
Tue 12/18/12 06:21 PM

It is obvious, they never save the day....slaphead

Because law abiding citizens who own guns don't carry where it's against the law to carry.

TJN's photo
Tue 12/18/12 04:18 PM
Edited by TJN on Tue 12/18/12 04:20 PM
Your story contradicts itself.
Yes there are more guns, but fewer gun owners as a percentage.
So I fail to see how more guns is their reasoning behind the rise in mass shootings because the psychos doing it would actually have less acces to them.

I'm sick of all the knee jerk reaction to this.
How about trying to find why the shooters do this not their choice of weapon.

TJN's photo
Sat 12/15/12 07:15 AM

Yesterday the Michigan legislature just passed a bill that allows people to carry concealed weapons in churches and schools.

The legislature seems to understand something most statisticians don't understand... gun laws don't stop murderers, but a well-placed bullet will.

drinker

TJN's photo
Tue 12/11/12 11:28 PM

Outlawing concealed-carrying sure did a lot of good in Chicago.
Did outlawing concealed-carrying prevent criminals from shooting people?

Has anything stopped criminals from shooting people in Chicago?
Maybe if the criminals don't know if their next victim has a gun they may not rob them.
We won't know till it comes to attrition.

TJN's photo
Tue 12/11/12 04:38 PM

SPRINGFIELD - In a huge win for gun-rights groups, a divided federal appeals court in Chicago Tuesday tossed the state's ban on carrying concealed weapons and gave Illinois' Legislature 180 days to craft a law legalizing concealed carry.
"The debate is over. We won. And there will be a statewide carry law in 2013," said Todd Vandermyde, a lobbyist for the National Rifle Association.
In a split opinion (see below), the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals reversed a lower court ruling in two cases downstate that upheld the state's longstanding prohibition against carrying concealed weapons.
Illinois is the only state with an outright prohibition on concealed carry.

"We are disinclined to engage in another round of historical analysis to determine whether eighteenth-century America understood the Second Amendment to include a right to bear guns outside the home," Judge Richard Posner wrote in the court's majority opinion.
"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside. The theoretical and empirical evidence (which overall is inconclusive) is consistent with concluding that a right to carry firearms in public may promote self-defense," he continued.
"Illinois had to provide us with more than merely a rational basis for believing that its uniquely sweeping ban is justified by an increase in public safety. It has failed to meet this burden," Posner wrote.
"The Supreme Court's interpretation of the Second Amendment therefore compels us to reverse the decisions in the two cases before us and remand them to their respective district courts for the entry of declarations of unconstitutionality and permanent injunctions," he continued.
"Nevertheless we order our mandate stayed for 180 days to allow the Illinois legislature to craft a new gun law that will impose reasonable limitations, consistent with the public safety and the Second Amendment as interpreted in this opinion, on the carrying of guns in public," Posner said.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/politics/2012/12/big_win_for_gun-rights_groups_federal_appeals_court_tosses_state_ban_on_carrying_concealed_weapons.html

Guess Illinois is now gonna be like the Wild West.
Oh wait they already are. Wonder if crime rates will go down now.

TJN's photo
Mon 12/03/12 11:23 AM

cant recall how many times I have needed to take out fifty or sixty folks to defend myself,,,,,

frustrated

Perhaps if you read the Constitution and studied American History you might have some concept of the meaning of the Second Amendment. It is not about defending only one against one. It is about defending a nation of free citizens against enough power to take that freedom away.

yes, killing in the name of freedom

more popular than killing in the name of God,,,,,,

perhaps someone can give some statistics on how many of the firarms deaths in our country were resulting from someone defending 'freedom'?

So we should lose our right to bear arms and the ability to defend our freedom?

thats like the date rapist asking if he should have been expected to stop just because someone said no

there is plenty that comes between owning assault weapons and 'losing' a right to bear arms

So every male should have his penis removed because that's the weapon used in date rape.

TJN's photo
Mon 12/03/12 10:13 AM

cant recall how many times I have needed to take out fifty or sixty folks to defend myself,,,,,

frustrated

Perhaps if you read the Constitution and studied American History you might have some concept of the meaning of the Second Amendment. It is not about defending only one against one. It is about defending a nation of free citizens against enough power to take that freedom away.

yes, killing in the name of freedom

more popular than killing in the name of God,,,,,,

perhaps someone can give some statistics on how many of the firarms deaths in our country were resulting from someone defending 'freedom'?

So we should lose our right to bear arms and the ability to defend our freedom?

TJN's photo
Sat 12/01/12 03:53 PM

TJN's photo
Sat 12/01/12 11:31 AM

“It is only the dead who have seen the end of war”
-Plato

TJN's photo
Wed 11/28/12 02:04 PM

I can't tell the difference between the Muslim Brotherhood and the Religious Right in America.

You mean the Muslim Brotherhood and our current administration.

TJN's photo
Tue 11/27/12 04:47 PM
Thinking I should just blow all the money I have saved, because the worlds gonna end in a few weeks.

TJN's photo
Tue 11/27/12 02:46 PM

But unlike previous Hunger Game Black Fridays, this time the working poor are fighting back. Right alongside frenzied low-wage shoppers, our nation saw striking workers and activists demanding higher wages. In more than 100 cities in 46 states, hundreds of Walmart employees walked off the job, and were joined by thousands of supporters to raise awareness of Walmart's low-wage, low-benefit work environment.

At one store in Paramount, California as many as 600 protesters showed up. And at another store in Hanover, Maryland 400 store employees, union workers, and activists joined together to speak out against Walmart.

This is the movement that could put an end to the Black Friday horrors that Americans watch every year. It's time to give the desperate working poor in this country a ladder of high wages, benefits, and union representation so they can climb back into the middle class and find economic security once again.

Walmart declared it had “reported its best ever Black Friday events,” including “larger crowds than last year and a huge response to its first-ever one-hour guarantee on key electronic items.” Walmart US President Bill Simon wrote that “Only 26 protests occurred at stores last night and many of them did not include any Walmart associates,” and offered an “estimate that less than 50 associates participated in the protest nationwide. In fact, this year, roughly the same number of associates missed their scheduled shift as last year.” The statement also touted Walmart’s 10 percent employee discount and “an additional 10 percent discount on an entire basket of goods” for workers who showed up on Black Friday.

Most of the protesters were UCFW members. Hardly any Walmart associates.
Wonder how much the union paid the people to protest?

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25