Sat 05/16/09 05:42 PM
I am sad

:cry:

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sat 05/16/09 05:11 PM
The land of the free...

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Fri 05/15/09 11:47 AM

i am a libertarian so i believe anything you do thats not hurting any one should be legal.

just because its legal doesn't mean we all have to partake just allow others if they chose to.

Yea, what he said! Like I said we are adults and are able to make up our own minds.

Peace

:heart:

not to delve into poilitics more but i feel like both parties try to restrict some ones rights all the time and its starting to piss me off... only thing is i dont know what to do.
i didnt like any of the local canadates on the ballot last time because of that fact but there was no write in option or skip button to press... thats why i dont like voting now bad first expirence i guess i dunno, but yeah our rights should be protected and i just went on a rant.

I agree totally!

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Fri 05/15/09 12:43 AM
As humans we are trapped in our bodies until we die
When we die we are released from our earthly limitations
But we continue to live none the less
We then become aware of the unseen world
We are in the presence of our Creator
We can't help but be drawn into his light
It is beautiful and bright kinda' like a rainbow
Peace and tranquility
Love & happiness
Awe & amazement
are magnified
Loved ones are there
Pain and evil are not

"Row, row, row your boat
gently down the stream
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
life is but a dream."

Bad times exist to make you aware of the good times.

:D

Smile
The Creator loves us all!

Call me Cinderella...

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 06:22 PM

I also have studied many religions to some degree. Most have some issue that rings BS.

Well, I guess we all have our own views on that. I personally feel that the Bible reeks of BS.

Besides, MorningSong doesn't agree with you and She has DIVINE KNOWLEDGE so your interpretations are obviously wrong anyway. laugh

Hey, I don't care. Believe what you will.

But I've heard nothing here that has even begun to convince me of anything.

I see the flaws in the Bible. They are so astronomical it just blows my mind why other people can't see them.

But whatever.

If people are that desperate to believe in the Bible and it some how brings them peace of mind then so be it.

Personally I'd have far more peace of mind believing that atheism is true. I just can't imagine having been created by an egotistical jealous God who lusts to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords over his own creation.

Clearly that's his MASTER PLAN according to the Bible.

Seems like a pretty immature and desperate God if you ask me.

But to each their own.

Yes to each their own. He who laughs last isn't always loudest either. That is BS too.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 06:17 PM
How is it different from this shorter to the point version?

The Ten Commandments
1. Do not worship other gods.
2. Do not worship idols.
3. Do not misuse God's name.
4. Keep the Sabbath holy.
5. Honor your father & mother.
6. Do not murder.
7. Do not commit adultery.
8. Do not steal.
9. Do not lie.
10. Do not covet.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 06:14 PM
Nothing about homosexuality there either. These are the commandments as I was taught them. no others. Mabe I am wrong but I don't think so of course.

laugh

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 05:22 PM
I want love

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 04:57 PM
Text of the Ten Commandments
The lists known as the Ten Commandments are given in passages in two books of the Bible: Exodus 20:2–17, Exodus 34:11–27 and Deuteronomy 5:6–21. These passages are provided in English below, using the New Revised Standard Version translation and formatting. Various religions and denominations group the commandments differently; see the Division of the Commandments section for a detailed accounting. The Exodus 34 passage is divergent and covered elsewhere.

The Ten Commandments Exodus 20:2–17 Deuteronomy 5:6–21 Exodus 34:11–27
2 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
3 Do not have any other gods before me.

4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,

6 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

8 Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.

9 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.

10 But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and consecrated it.

12 Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

13 You shall not kill

14 You shall not commit adultery.

15 You shall not steal.

16 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.

17 You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.
6 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
7 you shall have no other gods before me.

8 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me,

10 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

11 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

12 Observe the sabbath day and keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you.

13 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.

14 But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, or your son or your daughter, or your male or female slave, or your ox or your donkey, or any of your livestock, or the resident alien in your towns, so that your male and female slave may rest as well as you.

15 Remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the sabbath day.

16 Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

17 You shall not kill

18 Neither shall you commit adultery.

19 Neither shall you steal.

20 Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbour.

21 Neither shall you covet your neighbour’s wife. Neither shall you desire your neighbour’s house, or field, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.
11 Observe what I command you today. See, I will drive out before you the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
12 Take care not to make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land to which you are going, or it will become a snare among you.

13 You shall tear down their altars, break their pillars, and cut down their sacred poles

14 (for you shall worship no other god, because the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God).

15 You shall not make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to their gods, someone among them will invite you, and you will eat of the sacrifice.

16 And you will take wives from among their daughters for your sons, and their daughters who prostitute themselves to their gods will make your sons also prostitute themselves to their gods.

17 You shall not make cast idols.

18 You shall keep the festival of unleavened bread. For seven days you shall eat unleavened bread, as I commanded you, at the time appointed in the month of Abib; for in the month of Abib you came out from Egypt.

19 All that first opens the womb is mine, all your male livestock, the firstborn of cow and sheep.

20 The firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb, or if you will not redeem it you shall break its neck. All the firstborn of your sons you shall redeem.

No one shall appear before me empty-handed.

21 For six days you shall work, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even in ploughing time and in harvest time you shall rest.

22 You shall observe the festival of weeks, the first fruits of wheat harvest, and the festival of ingathering at the turn of the year.

23 Three times in the year all your males shall appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.

24 For I will cast out nations before you, and enlarge your borders; no one shall covet your land when you go up to appear before the Lord your God three times in the year.

25 You shall not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven, and the sacrifice of the festival of the passover shall not be left until the morning.

26 The best of the first fruits of your ground you shall bring to the house of the Lord your God.

You shall not boil a kid in its mother’s milk.

27 The Lord said to Moses: Write these words; in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.

Tell me what is different?

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 04:52 PM

noway

As for gay love or whatever....I didn't make the commandments and I don't see it listed as a ticket to Hell.

Well, there you go. We all decide what we think is worthy of a ticket to hell.

Religion is nothing more than one person trying to tell another person what God requires from them.

On a personal level I have no problem with a judgmental God because I have faith that if any such God exists it's not the dastardly demon that Christains claim.

Also, if you want to talk about remorse etc. Where is there any remose in believing that Jesus was the Son of the God of Abraham?

In what way does it imply that a person is not remorseful just because they see an ancient mythology as being totally absurd?

I take everything I know about all of history and look at the bibilcal story and see Jesus as someone who actually denounced the hateful bigotries that were contained in an ancient mythology and he was crucficied for his efforts and his dead carcass used to exploit the very mythology that he denounced.

Now in what way would that make me unwilling to be remorseful for things I feel I may have personally done?

Clearly the whole idea of remorse does not require any concept of Jesus or any savior.

In fact, I've often argued that Christianity is a religion that became a trainwreck. It started out being about good behavior, and ended up being about a BELIEF in a particular dogma.

There's no reason why a person should feel remorse for nothing beliveing in a dogma. Especially if they see it as being disgusting.

If anything God would need to apologize to them for having created such a horribly confusing dogma. I don't see how he could blame anyone for rejecting it as being utterly conflicing, inconsistent, and in many places downright stupid.
No Abra I don't decide who goes to Hell....God does.

The Ten Commandments
1. Do not worship other gods.
2. Do not worship idols.
3. Do not misuse God's name.
4. Keep the Sabbath holy.
5. Honor your father & mother.
6. Do not murder.
7. Do not commit adultery.
8. Do not steal.
9. Do not lie.
10. Do not covet.

I see nothing here about homosexuality

I just want to point out that these are not the 10 commandments, there is only one place in the bible that clearly states ten commandments and calls them the ten commandments that are written in stone and the ones you quote above are not them.
It is the 10 commandments too!

The 10 Commandments - God's Revelation in the Old Testament
The 10 Commandments are found in the Bible's Old Testament at Exodus, Chapter 20. They were given directly by God to the people of Israel at Mount Sinai after He had delivered them from slavery in Egypt:

"And God spoke all these words, saying: 'I am the LORD your God…

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 04:49 PM

While this is undoubtedly true. There are just too many things in the bible that are true....like life after death.

How do you explain anyone knowing this is what happens when you die if it wasn't inspired by God? How would or could anyone know what the future would bring unless inspired by the truth some other way?

They don't know the future. You have no proof outside of the bible that there is life after death.
There was no deity that saved you it was you that saved yourself. Your mental and emotional strength got you through to where you are today. If god is all knowing then he allowed you to be raped and did nothing to stop it. If he is all powerful he could've stopped it.

He could've stopped it and beleive me I was upset with him that he didn't. But you know I learned a lot after I suffered. Evidently stuff I needed to know. I learned eventually to forgive that person. The unforgiven are the ones to feel sorry for. Those with no remorse. They are the ones to pity, not the victim.
They are the ones who are furtherest away from God. Not me. I was brought closer to him.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 04:40 PM
Edited by iamgeorgiagirl on Tue 05/12/09 04:41 PM

They say he is not omnipotent because he is angry.

I see this as an excuse to deny he is who he is...the creator.

I think if someone does something such as rapes a child for an

example or many children throughout their lifetime and feels

justified in doing it without remorse...I look forward to someone

like this being punished with a final death.

I think it is justified.

God doesn't kill them, man does. So it is not an act of god unless the rape was an act of god then too and then both can be an act of god otherwise they are acts of man against man.

Uh, what? They will be punished or not after they are judged by The Holy Spirit. He determines who lives or dies.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 04:36 PM

MOST of the denominations mostly agree Abra.....except fOr minor differences...

but ALL born again christians in any denomination ,

are able to RECOGNIZE FALSE TEACHERS!!!

But the trick is....false teachers will ALWAYS mix in some TRUTH with ERROR...

AND UNLESS WE AS BELIEVERS HAVE THE

HOLY SPIRIT INDWELLING US, TO LEAD AND GUIDE US ,

WE WON'T BE ABLE TO TELL THE TRUTH FROM A LIE !!!!

Just maybe you are the one that is wrong. If you don't know what I am talking about maybe you don't know the bible as well as u might think. I don't claim to be a teacher. There isn't a lot of things that I claim as absolute truth. I am just stating what I believe to be the truth the way I interpret it. Please don't tell me I am wrong. I have a right to my beliefs. I have good reason to feel as I do about them. You don't see me telling others they are going to hell. You can say what you think, but don't tell me I am wrong without proof to back it up.

I believe we have always existed in spirit and will continue to unless we are unforgiven. I believe people who do wrong without remorse will be inhialated after judgement. I beleive Jesus will teach those on the other side in Heaven the word for 10000 years before they are judged just like the bible says.

If you don't agree, say you don't, proove it even, but don't tell me I am wrong or accuse me of false teaching or you will piss me off.

I have a right to my opinion. I am not a preacher.

Thank you in advance!

Peace

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 04:21 PM

I have said I was alive before I was born here on earth. So does the bible

The above statement is NOT found in scriptures.
Sorry, Iamgeorgiagirl.

Also, it is NOWHERE found in scriptures ,that man has a second chance to accept Christ AFTER he dies.

So I would suggest to everyone, rather than going by what is always being written on this forum,

it is BEST to go check out scriptures for oneself.

:heart::heart::heart:

Maybe you should reread revelations. I think one could reasonably make a case for second chance based what it says.

I second that!

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 04:19 PM

I have said I was alive before I was born here on earth. So does the bible

The above statement is NOT found in scriptures.
Sorry, Iamgeofgiagirl.

Also, it is NOWHERE found in scriptures ,that man has a second chance to accept Christ AFTER he dies.

False.

There you go Georgia Girl.

You're just as big of heathen as I am in the eyes of the born again Christians who have DIVINE KNOWLEDGE of God!

This is the problem with the religion. Even people who support it disagree with each other.

Of course, we already knew that.

Let's see,... there's Judaism, Islam, and Catholicism.

Oh wait!

I almost for those protestors the Protestants!

How could I forget them. They SPEAK FOR GOD!

And they have a myriad of demoninations, necessarily so becasue they are constantly protesting against each other's view of what God is like. laugh

That's what Protestant do! The protest! This is why there are so many denominations. Far too many to list. I've heard some sites claim that there are over 2500 officially recoginzed denominations of Protestantism, from the Amish to the Zionists! And I think there's at least one for every letter between A thru Z.

Amish
Baptists
Christian Methodists
Dutch Reformists
Episcopalians
Free Methodists
German Evangelicals
Heritage Reformists
Independent Baptists
Jehovah Witnesses
Klu Klux Klan
Latter day Saints
Ministries of His Glory
New Testament Christians
Open Bible Ministries
Penecostals
Quakers
Reformed Baptists
Seventh Day Adventists
The Revivalists
Unitarians
Virgin Mary Fellowship
World Baptist Alliance
X
Yehoists
Zions for Jesus

Ok so I couldn't find one for "x".

But for most letters there are actually far more than just one.

I also cheated a bit with the KKK, but let's face it, even that organization is based on religious ideals albeit quite perverted. None the less it's driven by this religion at it's foundation. They don't use a Cross for their symbol for nothing! noway

ohwell

Waah!

It doesn't mean a thing to me.

I still will believe what I want to and what I think is true...unless I am swayed....
I am non-denominational. I look for the truth. Not a particular religious doctrine or sect. No one has to agree with me.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 02:47 PM

What if our forefathers were all gay? We wouldn't exist now would we?

My cousin just gave that argument last night to justify his stance that homosexually is unnatural and unproductive therefore ulimately destructive to society.

But what about the virgins?

God LOVES virgins!

In fact something like 144,000 men will be automatically inducted into heaven simply becasue they are virgins and haven't been defiled by a woman.

Paul also taught that it's better not to marry! I think Jesus mentioned this too! But in a biblical sense if you don't marry then you shouldn't have offspring!

So God condones everyone being virgins. Yet that too would result in the death of humanity as a whole. Not to mention flying in the face of God's directive to be fruitful and multiply.

Just more cans of worms. whoa

Yea it means only some reproduce

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 02:45 PM
When Scripture revealed to mankind that YHVH established "From The Foundations Of The Earth" all future boundaries, natural laws of physics, the "Physical to Spiritual" (allegorical) relationship of His Creations to Himself (etc.); it was revealing to us that EVERYTHING was PLANNED in ADVANCE, and with NO MARGIN for ERROR!

Job 38:1-8 (Extremely Allegorical)
¶ Then YHVH answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of The Earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the Elohim shouted for joy?
8 Or who shut up the sea with (symbolic) doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

Psalms 102:25
Of old hast thou (YHVH) laid the foundation of The Earth: and The Heavens are the work of thy (allegorical) hands.

My Brethren, what you have just read is "True Preexistence". Preexistence is not only incorporated into the physical structure of "The Universe", but also, into the lives of mankind. If an asteroid crashes into The Earth, it is because it was "Planned" from "The Foundations of The Earth" to do so. Thus, everything that physically exists, does so "By Design." Only mankind was given "Free Will" to choose his direction in life after he is born, but YHVH chooses when and where he will be born. This is, also, the extent of predestination.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 02:21 PM

Maybe the Mood Goddess saved you!

Or Wanka Tanka!

Or any spiritual being.

Why run off to worship the gods of the Jews or Christians? spock
It did not happen right away. It only hit me as real when I read about things that happened to me after I died in the bible. I've also based my belief on my own reality. I see how God works through other people, etc.
I also have studied many religions to some degree. Most have some issue that rings BS.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/12/09 02:17 PM

God spared my life when I was raped, he spared it when I drowned, I am here to tell my story. God is real, life after death is real. God sees all, knows all.

You can not hide from the Creator...

He comes to get you immediately in the wink of an eye just like the bible says....

He loves us and wants the best for us...

He wants us to love him too...

All of that could be true, and the Bible could still be false.

Just because you believe in a mystic being that looks after you doesn't mean that the Israelites spoke for him.

This is the kind of thinking that sends many people to the Bible. As soon as they have any reason at all to believe in a divine being they rush off to worship the Bible because it's the going thing in their culture.

If I felt that some mystical being saved me from something that's not going to send me running off sceaming "The Jews were right! The Jews were right!"

After all, it was the Jews who wrote the Bible. And even THEY didn't believe in Jesus!

Just because spirits are real, doesn't automatically mean the Bible is true. Not by a long shot!
While this is undoubtedly true. There are just too many things in the bible that are true....like life after death.

How do you explain anyone knowing this is what happens when you die if it wasn't inspired by God? How would or could anyone know what the future would bring unless inspired by the truth some other way?

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25