Community > Posts By > iamgeorgiagirl

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Thu 05/28/09 01:30 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Thu 05/21/09 11:54 PM

its dumb that people even cheat to start off with. why would you be with someone if you just wanted to sleep around??? there really is nothing wrong with sleeping around with diffrent people. it does not make you a bad person. what makes you a bad person is when you tell someone you love them and then you lie to them by sleeping with someone else
flowerforyou I agreeflowerforyou

I third that!

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Wed 05/20/09 11:55 AM

Usually if I am interested in someone enough to go out with them more than a few times...it usually means that we like each other somewhat, and naturally the desire to hook up with someone else fades as the feelings grow for the person I am dating. If I have had several dates and find there isn’t much hope there….then usually it is simply time to move on.

I think in general most people accept the fact that until a relationship has some good sparks of hope…there is always a chance that the other person is possibly still dating others as well as the newbie.

If it does get to the point where sex is involved (unless it is just a date for sex) it gets exclusive naturally for me…because at that point…I am usually pretty sure that I want a relationship with that person.

If I decide to agree to not date others solely for the other persons benefit or request upon the first few dates I don’t think it would be a big deal unless I didn’t really like them, or didn’t get enough attention from them.

I used to date a great guy who was in the navy. We dated off and on for years and we are still great friends. He never once asked me to be exclusive with him even though we liked each other a whole lot…He actually cared enough about me to know it would be unfair to ask me to wait and be faithful while he was overseas at that point in our lives.

We were so young still. I guess he knew it would be too hard on me…we had never had sex though either. He was such a sweetheart. I remember several times when he would come home on leave without any notice and he might drive up to see me leaving with someone else. It always made me feel bad because I knew it had to bother him. He had always told my dad he was going to marry me someday.

Needless to say we never did get married. He actually offered to drive me to my dates a time or two. That really bothered me and made me feel bad. He was a one of a kind sweetheart and an awesome friend. I loved him… but sadly never was in love with him.

So in summary, I think you should do whatever feels right and is agreeable to you both. But you know I can’t help but wonder…if he had asked me to be exclusive with him what might’ve happened.

:cry:
blushing
Sorry...I guess that does read as a tragic story...It is awesome when someone loves you enough to sacrifice themselves for you.

sad

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Wed 05/20/09 11:28 AM
Usually if I am interested in someone enough to go out with them more than a few times...it usually means that we like each other somewhat, and naturally the desire to hook up with someone else fades as the feelings grow for the person I am dating. If I have had several dates and find there isn’t much hope there….then usually it is simply time to move on.

I think in general most people accept the fact that until a relationship has some good sparks of hope…there is always a chance that the other person is possibly still dating others as well as the newbie.

If it does get to the point where sex is involved (unless it is just a date for sex) it gets exclusive naturally for me…because at that point…I am usually pretty sure that I want a relationship with that person.

If I decide to agree to not date others solely for the other persons benefit or request upon the first few dates I don’t think it would be a big deal unless I didn’t really like them, or didn’t get enough attention from them.

I used to date a great guy who was in the navy. We dated off and on for years and we are still great friends. He never once asked me to be exclusive with him even though we liked each other a whole lot…He actually cared enough about me to know it would be unfair to ask me to wait and be faithful while he was overseas at that point in our lives.

We were so young still. I guess he knew it would be too hard on me…we had never had sex though either. He was such a sweetheart. I remember several times when he would come home on leave without any notice and he might drive up to see me leaving with someone else. It always made me feel bad because I knew it had to bother him. He had always told my dad he was going to marry me someday.

Needless to say we never did get married. He actually offered to drive me to my dates a time or two. That really bothered me and made me feel bad. He was a one of a kind sweetheart and an awesome friend. I loved him… but sadly never was in love with him.

So in summary, I think you should do whatever feels right and is agreeable to you both. But you know I can’t help but wonder…if he had asked me to be exclusive with him what might’ve happened.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Wed 05/20/09 06:07 AM
My first love was a love the one you are with kinda' guy...he never changed...he also died of AIDS before he turned 38.

:cry: sad

Everyone pretty much liked him...

We broke up and reunited a few times...

frown

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 05/19/09 09:04 AM
Wow!

I just simply told the last guy...

"I like you..."

We are still together 5 months later...

:heart: :heart: :heart:

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Mon 05/18/09 08:15 PM

again if it can not be proven they are not living by their religion that they are using as a basis for their objection to said treatment

then their religious freedom as given by the constitution out ranks any busy bodied person that is trying to but in

Nice to see you have the balls to actually answer a simple question with a simple answer. While I do have serious conflicted feelings on the issue I'm still of a mind that there are times when a religious belief is going to cause death it may be appropriate to step in. IMO there should atleast be some allowance for the wishes of the child in cases of life and death.

Not all Christians are the proverbial sheep stereo-type as some people may think. Most have brains and would have to agree here...

"I'm still of a mind that there are times when a religious belief is going to cause death it may be appropriate to step in. IMO there should atleast be some allowance for the wishes of the child in cases of life and death."

I am not a sheep! *Baa Baa* (I have no idea where that sound came from). laugh Sorry.

I am also one of the most freedom loving people you'll ever meet. :banana:

I repeat...I have to agree there are instances where someone has to step in...all the facts to this can't really be presented in a few paragraphs either as in OP. ohwell indifferent

But first and foremost I ask myself is it my business how they choose to treat their son's illness? To read some posts you'd think the parents were refusing treatment for him altogether. Or they were torturing him or something horrible.

Too many facts missing to draw concrete conclusion or opinion really about this for me like...

How sane are the parents?
What stage is his cancer?
Is it an immediate threat to his life?
What is his understanding of his illness and treatment alternatives?
Is his alternative treatment helping?
What is cure rate VS side effects of each treatment?
ETC.

Hopefully his parents have sense and will make the appropriate desicions at the right time to help their own child, whom I am sure they probably want the best treatment for since he is theirs.

It would take an extreme situation for me... like abuse or neglect before anyones rights should be infringed upon.

Not enough information for me in the OP for me to have an opinion really, sorry...But that is why we have laws and such.

Is this a case of neglect or abuse?

I need more info.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Mon 05/18/09 07:25 AM

flowerforyou Is there proof Jesus existed on this earth?What proof is there?

Well he is famous

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Mon 05/18/09 07:17 AM
Saving the child over the parents rights is really what this is about. Forcing the boy to do conventional medecine over the other holistic treatment. With a judge setting a time frame. Hmmm! I guess it is a good demonstration of rights being revoked if conventional methods aren't inposed during a terminal illness.

It is a messed up situation at best. Reminds me of the woman's parents who fought over her feeding tube removal at the wishes of her remarried husband. Her parents desire for her to stay alive and to continue being kept alive on machines.

It is f@%ked up. I am just saying forced medical treatment seems wrong, while at the same time it seems crucial in this scenario. IWould it make a difference though if he had an infectious disease though instead of cancer?

What if he had AIDS or Tuberculosis? or Swine flu? Would that make a difference?

frown grumble huh grumble

What if the kid was a disabled adult?

What if he was 8 instead of 13?

What if he cut his arm off and his parents wanted the God's to heal him?

Just where is the line drawn? Should the government just sit back and say" Oh we don't want to infringe on their rights?"

frown indifferent grumble

It is a f&$ked up situation at best.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 05/17/09 08:35 PM
shocked scared huh slaphead

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 05/17/09 08:29 PM
frown

Here comes Monday...

:(

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 05/17/09 07:30 PM

There are too many people in high places making money in the illegal drug trade, I doubt they will legalize it any time soon.

Personally, I'm not for it because I have been thru the whole process, from weekend user to casual, to daily user to sell enough to get mine free, then to entrepreneur with a business plan to make a mint..... and then to prison frown

Unless you actually have a serious medical issue and need it for pain, nothing good comes from gettin high. Life passes you by and you miss it. Enjoy your life, dont waste it!!whoa

So you are comparing your poor decisions to what every other stoner will do? Life passes you by anyway, there is very little to stop that. I figure if you enjoy your life more high, then why not get high and enjoy your life? I don't see that as a waste.

It is becoming legalized, slowly but it is coming along.
Touche

:thumbsup:

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 05/17/09 07:27 PM

There are too many people in high places making money in the illegal drug trade, I doubt they will legalize it any time soon.

Personally, I'm not for it because I have been thru the whole process, from weekend user to casual, to daily user to sell enough to get mine free, then to entrepreneur with a business plan to make a mint..... and then to prison frown

Unless you actually have a serious medical issue and need it for pain, nothing good comes from gettin high. Life passes you by and you miss it. Enjoy your life, dont waste it!!whoa

meh life passes me by when i aint high, it actually makes some people very productive though.

Yes it does!

winking

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 05/17/09 07:05 PM

Question then...Whats your feeling on assisted suicide? Just curious....

Pulling of a feeding tube?

What difference does it make how I feel really?

I had to watch my dad die...he had cancer too. He signed a do not resuscitate.

If I am sick right now and have no insurance to go to the doctor, will you force me to go or pay for it if I go?

Just curious...

I was just asking...If your dad suffered at the end would you agree with assisting in his death so he dosnt suffer?

flowerforyou Sorry to hear you are sick...I cannot force you to do anything...You are an adult capable of making your own deciesions...Do what 1/5 of americans do go to the ER...Yes I would help you if needed...Im involved in fundraising for other causes and I would do all I can... Hope you get feeling betterflowerforyou

Sorry for the offtopic or is it??????

Thank you but I am not sick. I was just giving a scenario "Quote" ...If I am sick...you missed that part. Thank you for your offer to help.

To answer your question " I was just asking...If your dad suffered at the end would you agree with assisting in his death so he dosnt suffer?"

No I could not assist in his death...I did wish/pray for his healing or his release from agony. I kept trying to make him comfortable and kept telling him I loved him...

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 05/17/09 02:24 PM
If I being of sound mind decide beforehand that if I ever became a vegetable (ie: dependent on a machine to just keep me alive) that I did not want that. Should the government step in and go against my wishes?

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 05/17/09 02:19 PM

Question then...Whats your feeling on assisted suicide? Just curious....

Pulling of a feeding tube?

What difference does it make how I feel really?

I had to watch my dad die...he had cancer too. He signed a do not resuscitate.

If I am sick right now and have no insurance to go to the doctor, will you force me to go or pay for it if I go?

Just curious...

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 05/17/09 01:30 PM
My mom just found out her cancer has metastasized to her liver...this is her 4th bout with it. She has chosen not to do chemo again. If the child and his parents are mentally sane....the government should butt out. Forced medical care in the freeworld. huh

frustrated

grumble

:angry:

frown

sad

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 05/17/09 01:23 PM

There are two distict issues regarding the care of one's 'own' children.

BELIEF AND RELIGION

FIRST, religion: If parents have not, otherwise, neglected or abused their children, but deny them medical treatment for an illness based on religions beliefs, we (all America) can not intercede. It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of law. The Constitution protects individual religious freedom.

If the government (state, or local or judicial) steps in they are not just denying a Constitutional right, they are using a public forum by creating a poster-child that declares religion false.

If one religion is false then all must be false and EVERY American who holds a religious belief should hide in fear.

SECOND, Belief: I am an athiest, but I have certain beliefs. I have gained these beliefs through many years of study, research and experience. Part of my belief includes a distrust of the medical treatments for cancer. My very first option with my own child would most likely be against FDA approved drugs and mainstreat medical treatments.

I do not believe any other person in the world has a more vested interest in my child's welfare than I do. I do not believe any government has the right to step in and deny me the right to raise my child as I see fit - as long as I have not otherwise neglected or abused that child.

Religion and belief are two distinct things, one has the added protection of a secular Constitutional right, but no similar right is given to those whose beliefs are not a declared religion.

Does that mean that no children are truely your own? Does that mean because a child is born an American that they are first owned by the state and parents are just temporary keepers of state property? If so where is the manual of how to raise a child that belongs to the state?

:thumbsup:

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 05/17/09 01:22 PM

Ooo...Ooo...Ooo...

Is sum buddy fightn'?

No buddy will fight with me...

sad

laugh

bring it on bubba laugh

That's my girl...

always gettin' into some shiat!

((((((((((((YellowRose)))))))))))))))