Community > Posts By > spqr

spqr's photo
Thu 03/27/08 11:43 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341574,00.html

WESTON, Wis. — An 11-year-old girl died after her parents prayed for healing rather than seek medical help for a treatable form of diabetes, police said Tuesday.

Everest Metro Police Chief Dan Vergin said Madeline Neumann died Sunday.

"She got sicker and sicker until she was dead," he said.

Vergin said an autopsy determined the girl died from diabetic ketoacidosis, an ailment that left her with too little insulin in her body, and she had probably been ill for about 30 days, suffering symptoms like nausea, vomiting, excessive thirst, loss of appetite and weakness.

The girl's parents, Dale and Leilani Neumann, attributed the death to "apparently they didn't have enough faith," the police chief said.

They believed the key to healing "was it was better to keep praying. Call more people to help pray," he said.

The mother believes the girl could still be resurrected, the police chief said.

Telephone messages left at the Neumann home by The Associated Press were not immediately returned.

The family does not attend an organized church or participate in an organized religion, Vergin said. "They have a little Bible study of a few people."

The parents told investigators their daughter last saw a doctor when she was 3 to get some shots, Vergin said. The girl had attended public school during the first semester but didn't return for the second semester.

Officers went to the home after one of the girl's relatives in California called police to check on her, Vergin said. She was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.

The relative was fearful the girl was "extremely ill, dire," Vergin said.

The girl has three siblings, ranging in age from 13 to 16, the police chief said.

"They are still in the home," he said. "There is no reason to remove them. There is no abuse or signs of abuse that we can see."

The girl's death remains under investigation and the findings will be forwarded to the district attorney to review for possible charges, the chief said.

The family operates a coffee shop in Weston, which is a suburb of Wausau, Vergin said.

spqr's photo
Thu 03/27/08 10:31 AM

That's nice. Don't read it if you aren't interested in it. When a woman makes a pass at you and you aren't interested do you beat her with a baseball bat or walk away?huh

WOuld you like to find a copy of a book you didn't ask for in the room you are paying? I didn't ask for it, it's welcomed as a can of rotten fish to me, I consider it an invasion of my privacy, and since the room is mine I clean up.

And yes if a woman I didn't invite jumps out of my drawer in my hotel room..well maybe not a baseball bat...but a gentle invite to leave my room for sure.

:)

spqr's photo
Thu 03/27/08 10:13 AM

Do you believe that church and state should be separate?

No actually we should be governed by one of those lunatic teleevangelists
IT"S A MIRACLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what do you think? :)

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 06:23 PM

what is politicized, the death counts? Putting a face behind a number is too much for you?
Or you mean republicans feel guilty enough as it is?

Death counts are politicized every time someone says "LOOK AT OUR MEN THEY ARE DYING FOR ______" or "HOW MANY MORE LIVES MUST WE WASTE FOR _____". Coming from a military family, I can assure you that politics means nothing on the battlefield. Death counts are seen as part of the job.

I oppose the Iraq war because it is unconstitutional and being used by international banking institutions to expand their markets. All other reasons are secondary to me.

Good points.
Still seeing the faces of those who died makes a difference, infac we are talking about it.
Awareness?

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 06:20 PM

T-H-E--B-I-B-L-E...
you know, that big book thing they read in church? the thing most of us don't really care about?????

Ahhhh you mean that book I keep finding in my hotel room? WHo puts it there? And why I don't get an almanac of PlayBoy instead?
makes a loud "THUMP" in the trash can every time. I love that sound

now back to sodomy please, forgive my interruption

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 06:18 PM

Can doing wrong ever be considered right? frown
One word? Lifesaving

or life-changing experience....ahem.

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 05:49 PM

i just one word.......

sodomy......

laugh

I thought it isn't illegal anymore?

as far as i know sodomy is still illegal in most places but it's one of those obscure laws that nobody cares about anymore, kinda like having a leash on your elephant while walking it in san fransisco....

but the point remains, the bible says it's worng no matter what, but if it's so wrong then why did he make it so fun????????

The WHAT?

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 05:35 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 03:42 PM

Not a supporter of the Iraq War here, but there are plenty of good reasons to get out of Iraq other than politicized death counts.

what is politicized, the death counts? Putting a face behind a number is too much for you?
Or you mean republicans feel guilty enough as it is?

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 01:04 PM
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/15983/original.jpg

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 12:09 PM

im a straight to the point kind of person hun and honest too...so fair doos

I hate political corretness...:)

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:54 AM

lol if you noticed i didnt reply to your second post because i agreed with it..your first post came across as negative..and i shouldnt thank this guy he is insulting to ladies

Glad you agree...I was just answering directly...as the question was pretty direct itself..

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:47 AM

Dude, no sense in talkin to this chick. She loves to take what a guy says and put it out of context.

thanks man...well..bring it on..that's what a forum is about..
What is stopping you (or any other woman that feels fat) from working out and eat better and less?

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:41 AM

why is it so important for a women to have a sexy body? Or to be skinny? Did you know that 65% of women are considered overweight?

because a sexy body is more attractive? Isn't that obvious?

really so a women with a sexy body who has the personalty of a gnat and doesnt know how to use that sexy body is obviously what???? your kind of lady ahmmm

No I didn't say that...but If you take care of your body, eat healthy and workout means you care about yourself...I like that as I do it too.
Why would you not to that in the first place? If you don't care about how you look it shows... ( not you in particular, I mean in general)

spqr's photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:36 AM

why is it so important for a women to have a sexy body? Or to be skinny? Did you know that 65% of women are considered overweight?

because a sexy body is more attractive? Isn't that obvious?

spqr's photo
Tue 03/25/08 03:52 PM

I didn't bother to read through all this dribble; but heres a sensible solution: QUIT BUYING CHINESE CRAP! Support your local craftsman! Every dollar you send to china supports Communism!

HOW?

Everything from this keyboard, to my car, to my snowboard goggles (OAKLEY) to my pocket knife (LEATHERMAN) to my Ipod, to my TV to my SHOES, to my jacket, to my pants
Is MADE IN CHINA

spqr's photo
Tue 03/25/08 03:31 PM
LOL!!!

spqr's photo
Tue 03/25/08 03:11 PM

So, therefore, according to spqr's response, the 58,195 US military killed in Viet Nam do not matter.

How, interesting.

Lindyy
PTL
:heart:

And where did I say that?

spqr's photo
Tue 03/25/08 03:00 PM

President Bush will leave one important legacy. Not the high gas prices or the blunder in Iraq. His mismanagement of this country has galvanized voters to vote.

People who have never considered voting important, which in my eyes is ridiculous, are getting motivated to vote this election. Arizona is almost at 80 percent voters ready to vote this election. Elsewhere the registrations are up also.

For once the system may work like it is supposed to work, for the people by the peopleflowerforyou

Halleluja!

you mean Americans will actually take time off from watching American Idol and go vote? I'm impressed!

spqr's photo
Tue 03/25/08 02:55 PM

Lindyy says:

Hmmmmm, seems that Nico Pitney could be in for a lawsuit if relatives of those deceased get a hold of this.

Oh, now SPQR and fanta, in all fairness now, let us not forget the 58,195 US military that were killed in Viet Nam thanks to Democrats JFK and LBJ.

And, might I add, it was Richard M. Nixon who brought our troops home?

What a disgusting way to bash someone SPQR. Pictures of deceased individuals, how putrid.

I am NOT the least bit impressed.

Lindyy
PTL forever:heart: :heart:

You are bashing their memory lady...I just reported what I saw,
If that's "putrid" to you...it's your problem.

To me it's just a reminder that behind the number "4.000" there are actually faces of mothers, dads, sons and daughters, Just that.

But I get your point, we shouldn't know about that, right?
Ignorance is bliss for someone.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 18 19