Community > Posts By > spqr

spqr's photo
Fri 04/11/08 12:33 PM

I'm just a philosopher who appreciates good reasoning and arguing .

And no, there musnt be a creator for God, did you understand the section from Aquinas I included in my last post? He argues just that...

No offense..but you sound more like a preacher...
Well yes he is saying that since he does not knows "god did it"
easy no?
Think one thing, if it's somewhat impopular to doubt the existence of god today, imagine how :popular" was back then and how much a philosopher, or anybody else< would had to be cautious about the subject.
The church has always been very powerful and influencing...I don't think there was much space for dissent, unless you wanted to deal with the inquisition.

spqr's photo
Fri 04/11/08 12:24 PM
Hm to be agnostic as you say...you sound a lot christian / believer to me.

(IMO) the bible is a collection of events, nothing more.
If it's possible to tweak the facts today, with the massive and free access we have to media and information, imagine how easy it was back in those times.
I do not believe in the existence of a superior being as I do not believe in ANY of the religion dogmas, religion was (and is even more today in USA) one of the most effective POLITICAL tools. It is useful to control people's emotions, feelings and ultimately voting preferences.

The answer.." we dont' know..so god must have done it" does not satisfy me...even seeing allegorically god as a creator...following the same logic there has to be a creator for god too.

spqr's photo
Fri 04/11/08 12:10 PM

You can definitely argue for the Bible. That's what theologians do, as well as Christian philosophers. Whether you accept their arguments for it or not is another story.

well would you accept to discuss something that makes absolutely no sense to you? To discuss religion and faith you have to accept the bible, and I don't.
That denies the base on wich religion holds itself..."religion is true because religion is true"

where's the space for discussion?

Like creationism...it makes absolutely no sense..yet there's a museum for it, and I'm sure half of the people here believes the grand canyon was created by noah's flood. What kind of discussion you see possible with that kind of mindset?

spqr's photo
Fri 04/11/08 12:01 PM

So its relevant to you. :smile:

No sweet..I'm just bored.
There is no "debate" with faith (or believers) either you believe or you do not. Either you accept the dogma or you do not..there never has been space for debate in religion.

If you talk about spirituality that's a different story, we can debate that, but the bible has nothing to do with it.

spqr's photo
Fri 04/11/08 11:48 AM

Irrilevant.

1- It's spelled *Irrelevant*.

2- It's very relevant because it's a cartoon commenting on the arguments for believing in Christianity and this is the religion forum section.

Thank you.
I meant irrelevant to me. I could not care less about the bible and religious myths and fables in general.

Then it's very relevant. You posted discussing on how the Bible is a myth. If you have some sort of opinion, something is relevant.

And if you think it's so irrelevant to you ,why waste your time discussing about it? Posts are meant for people who are interested to respond. Posts I'm uninterested in I don't respond to.

why I waste my time is a good question. I answered because you asked and was in the first page..that's all.
Or you just want to read answers that you like? ;)

spqr's photo
Fri 04/11/08 11:00 AM
Edited by spqr on Fri 04/11/08 11:00 AM

Irrilevant.

1- It's spelled *Irrelevant*.

2- It's very relevant because it's a cartoon commenting on the arguments for believing in Christianity and this is the religion forum section.

Thank you.
I meant irrelevant to me. I could not care less about the bible and religious myths and fables in general.

spqr's photo
Fri 04/11/08 10:28 AM
Irrilevant.

spqr's photo
Thu 04/10/08 02:59 PM
Dinner at 3 PM?

spqr's photo
Wed 04/09/08 05:54 PM
I feel meaningful enough without an imaginary friend. And I'm rarely bored.
So faith out of boredom? Sure is better than most of the people that belives out of fear of the "afterlife" still pretty lame.

spqr's photo
Mon 04/07/08 01:20 PM

what's the deal here? ;)

can we bid in you(spqr) Mister......

why not..

spqr's photo
Mon 04/07/08 01:15 PM
what's the deal here? ;)

spqr's photo
Fri 04/04/08 05:25 PM
Please tell me you're being sarcastic...Please...lol

spqr's photo
Fri 04/04/08 04:51 PM
Matrix?

spqr's photo
Fri 04/04/08 03:48 PM

ok so you have been dating this girl for a while now and you have fallen in love with her,she tells you to come over cause she needs to tell you something.You get there and she takes a deep breath and says,"i was born as a man."How would you react? and would you still love her/him/it?

are you serious?

spqr's photo
Thu 04/03/08 03:49 PM

Subject: Kind of scary, wouldn't you think

Remember--God is good, and is in time, on time--every time.

According to
The Book of Revelations the anti-christ is:

The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language
and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise
false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything. Is it OBAMA??

I STRONGLY URGE each one of you to repost this as many times as you can! Each opportunity that you have to send it to a friend or media outlet...do it! If you think I am crazy..Im sorry but I refuse to take a chance on the "unknown"
candidate.

Smile :)
It gives you face value

Thought it was a decent article up to the last paragraph..what's this bull**** about the anticristh..puhleeze.

spqr's photo
Thu 04/03/08 03:12 PM
Edited by spqr on Thu 04/03/08 03:12 PM

I think your friendship must be not that solid after all if something that should be cheered upon ( love) is seen as a "disrespectful behaviour"

one night stand or soulmates is their business! No one else's.
why one feels the right to judge someone elses' feelings is beyond me.

where was soul mate used? She is totally uncomfortable with the whole situation.Besides women have many unwritten rules and one of them is ya don't boff your friends ex.

I was talking in more general terms right now. And I am not a woman ;)

So let me get this rule: It is ok to disrupt a marriage and divorce, but it's not ok to (risk to) disrupt a friendship for love? and that from a woman point of view? I'm surprised.

spqr's photo
Thu 04/03/08 03:01 PM
Edited by spqr on Thu 04/03/08 03:02 PM

I think your friendship must be not that solid after all if something that should be cheered upon ( love) is seen as a "disrespectful behaviour"

that is what you are doing.

Absolutely not.
All I am sayng she should feel free to love him/her.
A true friend is happy if you are in love, not jealous.

spqr's photo
Thu 04/03/08 02:54 PM

spqr's photo
Thu 04/03/08 01:19 PM
Edited by spqr on Thu 04/03/08 01:20 PM

Dating someone for four months is not quite the same as being married and having children with someone.

when you DIVORCE someone you loose any right on his/her sentimental life.
Besides the fact that if you "feel" for a friend or ex wife you *should* be happy if he/she is happy, not if she/he pleases you behaving accordingly to your code.

I think you are mistaking love with attachment. Love is wishing someone else happiness, attachment is wanting that person to behave as we want and getting angry / jealous if he/she fails to do so.

spqr's photo
Thu 04/03/08 01:08 PM
Where is written that I cannot have feelings for someone just because it was your ex something.
If you divorced is because it wasn't working for you two, so why all this attachment about someone you decided not to live with anymore?

Frankly, as a mature adult (42) if I decide I don't want to live with my wife anymore I'll be happy if she's happy, with whoever SHE chooses. If it happens to be my brother...good for them! it's their happiness not mine. Besisdes, at least I know who she's with and that she's safe.

And as a friend I would wish the same to a friend
what's so bad about all that? Are you so immature that you can't face the possibility of your ex being happy with someone else than you?

wouldn't you want your friend / ex to be happy with whoever she/he chooses? And why not?

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 18 19