Community > Posts By > yashafox_F4X1

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/15/08 03:14 AM
How many answers is a duck?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/15/08 03:13 AM
Returning my e-mails, phone calls, cards and letters is the first step, thence swapping visits to domiciles is another, then maybe sharing some good times. She has to be a non smoker and non drinker, be neat and be a christian. Other than that, I'm not picky. I'm not really into high maintenance types, I like people who dress casually and don't use a lot of makeup and aren't real stuck on their looks. I like a woman to be reasonaly fit, but don't expect someone super skinny either. Looks don't matter to me as much as personality and tact, ya know?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 08:19 PM
If she wants to pay for the hamburger, the coffee and/or the gas, she can have at it!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 08:17 PM
If they're too far off base, Spider, just ignore 'em. Some folks are trying to be deliberately provocative. If you lose your temper, they've won/proved their point or whatever. The Lord'll defend himself and we don't have to do it. Our role is to be peacemakers: to present our side of things and respect other's viewpoints so we can learn from each other and (hopefully) grow, though in my case it's doubtful, very doubtful!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 08:12 PM
If you're German you don't need a battle axe, just some magic rings! You valkyrie, you!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 08:07 PM
I'm seriously thinking about it. Your post may be the spark that starts me toward it. Gotta shut off the computer, unplug things, make a sandwich and hit the hay. I'll go now, if y'all are lucky!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 08:06 PM
You get quiet and you clean? Gawd! I gotta get you over to my house and get you pissed off, Lilly!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 08:04 PM
I let my dog run loose but it keeps coming back, unfortunately.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 08:01 PM
I know where you're coming from, Spider. Sometimes I find it difficult to deal with some viewpoints I consider to be off base. I'm being very tactful when I tell you see Proverbs Chapter 9 without quoting the text hear, ya dig? But, I value their view points. They challenge my thinking. I pretty much figure I won't bring them around, though. Not likely. But fun trying, anyway.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 07:57 PM
I go to Crothersville Christian. My Grandparents on my mom's side are Italian imigrants and are roman Catholic. My mom and dad compromised and brought me up Presbyterian. I went to an AG church as a teen and got born again but didn't stick with the church, it was on again, off again till lately. Now, I'm determined to walk with the Lord, as do I hope you all do, regardless of religion.

Besides, I've got two pennies, so I can throw down in any thread!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 07:53 PM
Thank God for conservative Democrats and for conservative Republicans. We need 'em all!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 07:51 PM
I can be sharp and abrasive with my humor at times. But if y'all take up a big enough collection, I'll go to etiquette school!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 07:48 PM
Sorry to hear that. Each loss is a reminder of how important our relationship with the Lord is. I hope you have a rich and ongoing one and we meet each other one day. May God bless Father Hugo and may God bless us all.

Reverence for the Lord is a wonderful thing for any of us to teach and it sounds like Father Hugo did a good job at that.

May God give you comfort at this time and always. The joy in our life comes from us doing our duty, after all, I think.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 07:41 PM
Edited by yashafox_F4X1 on Thu 05/08/08 07:43 PM
Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. I do find the whole thing kind of humorous, though. What's rule #9?

Oh, yeah, I just looked. Well. I guess I do twist words sometimes. But I have a skewed view of life at times. Just throwing my two cents worth and my opinion in for a little comic relief.

We can take ourselves too seriuosly sometimes, no word and thread twisting intended, folks.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 07:40 PM
Where's the Cowsills when you need 'em?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 07:37 PM
Reading, watching TV and doing sudokus! and JSHing. and going to meetings and church and working and working out. Other than that, I'm bored.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 07:35 PM
I'm at a loss for words.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 07:34 PM
Usually not the case with my prose, unfortunately. But I can write a pretty mean letter when I want to (or e-mail when it comes down to it).

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 07:32 PM
Holy soap on a rope batman!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 05/08/08 07:31 PM
I think conservatives are, in general, happier. They've thought out their positions carefully, for the most part. To me, it seems like much of liberalism is a kind of knee-jerk, surface-level reactionism.

Now, I know it's not and there's lots of highly-educated, caring liberals out there, but from what I've seen, the force of ideas behind conservatism is so wildly incomprehensibly elevated that a conservative just can't help from being happy!

It may seem uncaring, but the devil-may-care attitude comes from having a world view that has things pretty well wrapped up. Tell you what, libs, try being a conservative for a year or two and see if you don't come around. If you don't, go back to your liberal ways and have at it, but once you go right, I think you'll never go back.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25