Community > Posts By > yashafox_F4X1

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 08/09/08 10:05 AM
The Bible has more going on spiritually than scientifically for the most part, however, there is quite a bit of physicql phenomena described and quite a few miraculous occurences. If you believe in the book the thing is that God the creator and his son and their servants have a pretty good command of physics and astronomy. They can do things like walk on water, heal people, make planets move backwards and etc. etc. etc. Not hard to do when you make the rules and have a good command of things. So, yeah, to our limited understanding it doesn't seem to be a very scientific book at all, but science may not be the entire point. I don't read the Bible to find science, I read the Bible to find God!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 06:30 AM
The question of biblical authority is a burning one, so much so that to some theologians and preachers it is too hot to handle.

Some writers, reportedly of high intellectual and spiritual standing, look upon the Bible as a book which, to them, is obviously marked by inconsistency, historical inaccuracy and self contradiction. They see the Bible as a book which, to them, is obviously marked by inconsistency and self-contradiction.

They see the Bible as "containing" but not as "being" the Word of God. While they are telling us that the Bible contains errors, incorrect dates, and fictitious authorships, they claim that in this Book one may "find" the Word of God.

These men say that they are our brethren in Christ, and some of them might be, but I find it very hard to ientify myself with such teachers and teaching.

(To be continued.....)

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 06:25 AM
My prayers are with you. There should be a copy of a Gideon Bible in the hospital or the hospital room somewhere. It may have helpful scripture references in the front and a plan of salvation in the back.

When my granddaughter was in the hospital last month, we read Psalms to her all night. She came out of a coma and she asked the Lord into her life prior to her passing away.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 06:20 AM
The world's OK, but not all that great. We focus on materialism rather than the spiritual. we're driven by lust rather than the spiritual and that leads to the breakdown of marriages, abuse, and all types of perversion. As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be now. There's violence all over TV. We worship the false idols of celebrity. Look at who we're holding up as examples! Ugh.

I liked JB's comments:

Does revelations really say that? Where? Does Revelations really talk about "the rapture?" Would you mind quoting the exact scripture with verse number please?

Revelations itself doesn't talk about a rapture specifically, I think. The Rapture is a bit of conjecture based on verses elsewhere in the New Testament talking about believers being caught up in the air to meet the Lord. Revelations talks about believers being taken off the earth before a period of great strife called the tribulation.

By "perish" do you mean die?

By "perish" it is meant death, both physical and spiritual. As if the tribulation won't be bad enough, the Bible repeatedly warns about spiritual death, seperation from God and evildoers and those who don't accept the Lord being cast into a Lake of Fire (THAT is in Revelations).

What do you mean by "with the way the world is now?"
How is the world now according to you?

With the way the world is now is explained above. We've twisted a lot of the pleasures the Lord has given us for our own demented reasons. Pleasure can be used for good, the way God intended, or for other purposes and we, as humans, are left to bear the consequences. The dillema is, which way will we chose? The Lord's left us with the choice to accept his way or not and that's the choice left to all of us.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 06:09 AM
See Genesis Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 folks. It's in the book!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 06:06 AM
We're saved from our separation from God and the consequences of our disobedience which is devastation and death. Salvation means the ability to have an increased understanding of the word of God and to approach the throne of grace boldly in prayer,

It also means liberation from guilt and from blame. Salvation means rest, eternal life, and access to the fruits of the spirit. Salvation also means freedom from fear of death and fear of eternal punishment and suffering. Salvation means freedom from the bondage of sin.

Salvation means your restoration to the way things were meant to be. Are you ready for salvation? God is ready for you. You can invite Jesus into your life and accept God's offer of forgiveness of sin and resurrection at any time. Are you ready to follow Him?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 05:56 AM
I was shocked and saddenned by the news. I'm still in shock. My prayers are with the victims, the shooter, the church and their families. Tragedy also tends to point out the point of view that we always need to be ready to meet the Lord at any time!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 05:52 AM
There's just no accounting for the taste of the moderators!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 05:50 AM
I saw Jessica (not this one), my great granddaughter it was, last night, she was playing video games!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 05:48 AM
If you want one that's breathing, maybe you're just being too picky!laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 05:47 AM
Poor baby! I feel sorry for her. She should have let you know ahead of time, I guess, but what's she like aside from the disability? Can you see past that or is it something that blinds you to everything else?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 05:44 AM
When I can't get to my mail, I ask the people at the PO my box combination (Box 25) or just ask them to hand me the danged mail. It's mostly bills and solicitations for John McCain nowadays anyway!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Wed 07/30/08 05:42 AM
I'll have to get my coffee at the c'store on the way out of town! I got some reading and working out to do before I can get outa the house. Have a good day, y'all! I got to go get a haircut, go see my lawyer, and get down south to go to work! Lotsa travelling to do today!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 06:37 PM
One reason people believe one religion is correct is because Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh to the Father but by me."

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 06:33 PM
Sorry, John, Starkist only wants tuna that taste good!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 06:31 PM
God does talk to us, through his word and through others around us. As for the tents and the horses, bring 'em on!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 06:27 PM
The Lord will lead you to who he wants you to be with and vice versa. Be patient, pray and wait on him. Our impatience can drive us to someone who isn't good for us and vice versa.

Proverbs 3:5&6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.

Your profile looks OK to me. I don't really understand the first line of it, but that's OK. It's interesting at any rate and I like that you acknowledge the Lord in your profile.

Take your time and enjoy your life. What do you do when you're not on JSH?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 06:18 PM
Get on the bus, Gus.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 06:15 PM
almost ROTFL.laugh laugh laugh flowerforyou

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 06:14 PM
And I thought Manchester was in south central Kentucky down south of Lexington and close to the Tennessee border!laugh

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25