Community > Posts By > yashafox_F4X1

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 06:12 PM
I like Miles posts. They are always very interesting and thought provoking. He sounds like an intelligent, thoughtful guy, and he writes well.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 06:10 PM
Tried reading it but found it tough going. Didn't get to the parts about the infidels.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 06:07 PM
I find religion to be fascinating. The Purpose Driven Life greatly increased my understanding of it. Yeah, it can be tedious at times, but at other times, it can be exhilirating. Nothing else on earth like it.

Religion gets much more interesting when it's personal. If you have and cultivate a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and if you have him and the Holy Spirit in you, religion becomes a living, breathing thing and it becomes much more exciting.

Baptism adds to your understanding and the richness of your relationship in the Lord and thereafter communion becomes much more meaningful and exciting. And when you consider that during communion you are sharing the act with thousands of people all over the world, some taking communion at the very moment you are, it adds that much more to the act, to the covenant feast of the Lord.

Sam 53, I hope you find what is good and fascinating about religion and the Lord God in the near future. Even if you ARE a blue box!laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 06:02 PM
The NAGA hides underneath my couch, I thought!laugh

There & in Binkley's closet, eh?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 05:59 PM
Sam 53, you're write. Men wrote as they were inspired by the Spirit of God. That's why there are wonderful things like the quote that begun this thread in there. Ever read the book? It's a best seller and has some of the most thrilling action ever written in it!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 05:56 PM
TBW!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 05:51 PM
I don't think it matters much to God whether we love him out of fear, respect, or whatever, as long as we get to God through our belief in the crucifiction and ressurection of his Son, Jesus Christ and asking him to forgive our sins and come into our life, I think that's what he cares about.

Fear or not, I think he wants our love and he wants fellowship with us.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 05:47 PM
No bleach involved. Sacrifice and the release of a goat bearing the sins of the nation, perhaps, but no bleach. The cloth would turn after the ceremony, symbolizing the effectualness of the ceremony. According to the historical sources, this ceased about the time of the crucifiction and ressurection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Some very interesting information.

I do not believe that any of it was coincidence. This was the design of the Lord God. I have no doubt about it.

You and I will pass away some day, but the word of God will remain. It is eternal, it is unchanging, it is awesome. Do you know the author? Ask Jesus into your life and you will. Then, seek a Bible believing church that will help you grow in Jesus.

It's a plan that's worked for thousands of years. That's what Paul started preaching and that's what the Gospel can bring you to.

God has a plan for us. The question is, do we want to be in His presence or not?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 05:36 PM
Or maybe not!laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 05:34 PM
The chemicals will alter genes: that's why the stuff causes cancer and leukemia. It kills life, but it doesn't create it.
Only fireflies, maybe, because they already glow in the dark.laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 05:31 PM
They say that's why God is rich, because he had a lot of profits.laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 05:29 PM
Oh,definitely. God, the Holy Spirit and Jesus are gentlemen. They won't come into your life unless you ask them in. It is said that the answer to the question, Could God make anything that is impossible to penetrate? is the human heart. God can't get into it unless we let him in.

He's ready when you are.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 05:27 PM
Wanted: Messed up people to apply to serve a mess-iah.

For instructions and reasoning see below.

All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. Rom 3:23

For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus, our Lord - Romans 6:21.

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become the children of God, even to those who believe in His name - John 1:12.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. - Rev. 3:20.

Application form:
My decision to receive Christ as my Saviour:

Confessing to God that I am a sinner and beleiving that the Lorg Jesus Christ died for my sins on the cross and was raised for my justification, I do now receive and confess Him as my personal Savior.

Name:______________________

Date:______________________

Seeking a church:

After making your decision to receive Christ, I encourage you to prayerfully seek a local church congregation or assembly that will assist you in growing as a new Christian by the clear teaching of the Bible.

But grow in the grace and knowlege of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - II Peter 3:18.

Assurance as a Believer

That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved--Romans 10:9.

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.--Jm 5:24

But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God and that believing you may have life in his name. -- John 20:31.

Why would I put such things on the front page of a newspaper? Well, it's news. It's the good news, of course. And, because I think that the word of the Lord is a very effective thing.

As Isaiah 55:11 puts it, "So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth, it shall not return to me void. It shall prosper in that for which I sent it and it shall accomplish what I please."

The word of God is a powerful thing. It has saved people in prison, in hospitals, in college, and people who are about to commit suicide. The question is, will it save you? Will you let it? My prayer is that you will and that you will tell others about this wonderous good news.

Please feel free to run this on the front page of your paper or wherever at any time.

GTS OK

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sun 07/27/08 04:59 PM
Rom 5:8: But God commendeth his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 Jn 4: 9&10: In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world that we might live through Him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Yes. I love God. His love was manifested in his provision for my sins. If you're never asked him into your life, asked him to forgive your sins, told God you believe in his Son and that God raised him from the dead, I'd urge you to do this and get baptized as soon as possible.

The Lord stands at the door of our heart and knocks. If any man (or woman) hears and opens, he will come in and fellowship with you and you with him. That's my paraphrase of Rev. 3:20 at any rate.:heart: flowerforyou

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 07/11/08 05:18 AM
Wow, special K. That's a LOT of walking! I'll be hitting the gym and doing a little jogging on the treadmill today before work, perhaps. Not much is making me feel younger lately. I need to find something, bad! Got a magic wand I can wave?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 07/11/08 05:15 AM
Sure I like intimacy, as long as it doesn't rub me the wrong way.laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 07/11/08 05:13 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, Greer. I lost my wife a year and a half ago and my grand daughter about a month ago.

I don't care to be asked. I've got a job and a military retirement income. I'm in the process of buying where I live. It's broke down though and needs paint and carpeting and I don't pay any child support. Don't have any kids but inherited a couple of great grands I'm close to from my wife's side.

I might ask the same when I meet someone, but compatability is what attracts me to someone in the first place.

I don't have the time or the money for a serious relationship at present, but I'm working on the money thing. Got an interview with the VA Monday as a matter of fact for a pretty decent job, close to home!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 07/11/08 05:05 AM
If you dated Freddy Mercury would that make you a Mercury cougar?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 07/11/08 04:59 AM
The Plieades, mentioned in the book of Job, also stand for the seven influences of Spring (Job 38:31).

In the late 60s, I was in the scouts, Troop 30, Asbury Park, NJ and we used to go to summer camp at a place called Forrestburg in New York. We had a brit associated with the troop, a Mr. Wood, and he taught us this song. Every time I see it I think of walking through the woods on cool summer mornings singing this song. Never really understood some of what it said. I very much appreciate seeing an explanation of some of the numbers. It's a great, great song and I'm glad that it lives on.

Never heard the Hebrew origins story before. That's real interesting!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 07/11/08 04:52 AM
Don't really concern myself over definitions. All I know is that I believe. And that has made all the difference.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25