Community > Posts By > yashafox_F4X1

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/20/08 02:50 PM
Yeah, just joking. Didn't mean to be bashing. For that, I usually us a baseball bat. And I still don't have any pagan beliefs. Man, I feel so culturally deprived. Sob!:cry:

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/20/08 02:38 PM
I think God made man as part of his divine plan for creation and for working out his purposes. We live for God's glory and he wants us to know him and to fellowship with him as indeed we can when we let him into our life by faith, inviting him to forgive our sins and telling him we believe he is who he says he is and God raised him from the dead.

That's the challenge we all face. Are we up for it?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/20/08 02:34 PM
If the Bible wasn't on earth, we wouldn't have God's word to guide us and the scripture for inspiration and teaching.

Neglect of God's word causes spiritual starvation and trouble personally and nationally. The decline of the perceived importance of the word is nothing short of a national tragedy and is responsible for much of the immorality we see currently.

Isaiah 55:11 says "So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth, it will not return to me void. It will accomplish what I please and it will prosper in that for which I have sent it."

The fact is that God's word does exist. We are fortunate in this day and age when we can own a copy of it for very little money. A couple hundred years ago, a hand copied copy of the Bible would be just about priceless. Now, we can have a copy of God's word for $25 or less.

Will you read this fascinating book? Will you take it to heart? Or, will you ignore it. If you pick up the word of God you will find conviction and knowledge such as is found in no other book. I will guarantee you that.

JMO.

Geo.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/20/08 02:23 PM
Yeah. :smile: It did. Whadya know!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/20/08 02:20 PM
I got ADD: Affection Deficit Disorder!:smile:

Hey. What if you type colon smile colon. Would it make one of those little symbols? :smile:

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/20/08 02:16 PM
I'm trying to find one too, I lost a few.:smile:

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/19/08 02:34 PM
I fill my tank every night. Takes between $4 and $10. I drive a Honda Civic usually doing 50-70 mph in the slow lane on the expressway. I drive about half the amount I was driving a couple of years ago, maybe even less than that. Don't go hardly anywhere unnecessary any more. I used to get out and drive around just for fun, but don't do that any more. I don't have the time and I don't have the bucks.

I'm trying to find a job closer to home, but it's difficult. I work about 20 miles away now and am starting a job about twice as far away on Monday. Wish me luck!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/19/08 02:26 PM
The midwest is about to give me a new job. A haha ha ha ha!laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/19/08 02:07 PM
I think you're right, JB. Joshua was taking a stand for what he would do, irregardless of those around him. Didn't mean to be off topic. Just wanted to talk about what an alternative to a Pagan belief system might be.

Pagan beliefs? Is that belief in a motorcycle gang?laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/19/08 02:03 PM
A very interesting link. 1 John 4:9-10 is in a series of verses on the Gospel in a memorization program I'm working with. Pretty cool!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/19/08 02:00 PM
I believe Jesus was and is the son of God. The apostles would not have died for something if it wasn't true and the church itself is witness of Jesus' life, death and resurrection. Every time we go into church on Sunday we are demonstrating our faith in Jesus death, burrial and ressurection. And if he had died and not come back to life, couldn't the Romans have just strung him up in some town square somewhere and said "look, come and get a whiff?"

That did not happen. Jesus died and rose again. The church took off and has been triumphant ever since.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/19/08 01:56 PM
I'm a monotheist and have no oatmeal raisin cookies.:smile:

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/19/08 01:54 PM
I've heard that we can ask the spirit to fill our lives on a daily basis. He's a gentleman and won't come in unless he's invited.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/19/08 01:53 PM
I don't have a Pagan belief system. I have a Christian belief system, thank God. Thank God for Christ who came to earth and died for us while we were yet sinners.

God is so big that once he gets in you, you don't have room for a Pagan belief system. That's what Joshua was talking about when he said "For me and my house, we will serve the Lord." He was chosing a faith-based belief system over the Pagan belief system of his times.

It could still be a choice that we face today, for all that I know.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/19/08 01:50 PM
Praise God, y'all! I'm here. Once I get over some financial and time issues, I'd be getting involved. Right now, the time and the opportunity just ain't right. But I'm willing to negotiate!:smile:

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/19/08 01:46 PM
I like those word, Mirror, Mirror. I wish my life could mirror them.:smile: flowerforyou

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/19/08 01:44 PM
Morals, I believe are both learned and internal to us as human beings. You can learn the difference between right and wrong as a child. That's why the Bible says, train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.

They're also interior to us. God gives us a conscience to prompt us about what to do and what not to do. The Holy Spirit can use our conscious to prompt us.

At any rate, that's my two cents on it. Morals also come from legal codes and ethical codes of our businesses, churches, schools and our communities.

Some would say morality consists of if it feels good do it. But there is a way that seems right to a man that can lead to destruction, too. Our culture's permissiveness toward drug and alcohol use, "free" love and such can lead us astray and destroy the covenent relationship between man and God and the covenant relationship of marriage.

Morality can indeed lie at the heart of much of what we do or what we do not do.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Mon 06/16/08 04:53 PM
We need some of those carmel minds.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Mon 06/16/08 04:49 PM
What's the sense in believing in something or someone if you don't believe the story behind it? Kind of like saying a box would float without a table underneath it. Or a house'd stand without a foundation. Not gonna happen around here too much.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Mon 06/16/08 04:46 PM
That's right. And if the Republicans get in it'll be all "right."laugh

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25