Community > Posts By > yashafox_F4X1

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 03:22 PM
That's why we're fighting in the East. Last I checked, Robertson, Roberts and Fallwell didn't fall into the category of killing innocents.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 03:18 PM
Actually, I heard that Sabbath means "to stop." Even God stopped and took a break. But the Sabbath rules gave Jesus fits. He didn't emphasize the day much and I believe there's not much emphasis on keeping it in the New Testament. Instead, the Apostles took to meeting on the first day of the week, the day Jesus rose, as a way to celebrate and mark Jesus' ressurection. A decent custom, one might think.

I'm alsays glad, Sabbath or not, to walk into a gathering of believers. Anytime the Lord is present, it's a wonderous thing and a great occasion. Try it sometime and see if it doesn't give you a thrill. Go ahead. I dare ya!

And happy Sabbath to you, too!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 03:13 PM
And after I went to the gym, I got both enlightened and atoned!laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 03:12 PM
Most terrorists don't quote the Gospel, for one thing, and i've never seen a terrorist host the 700 Club. I mean, come ON!

Give a brother a break, dude!laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 03:09 PM
I used to have a lot of problems with biblical contradictions. I mean, 66 books, thousands of pages, who could figure it out? I found the book The Purpose Filled Life put a real good framework onto the whole Christian experience. If you're experiencing confusion over the whole biblical thing, I recommend reading that book (It's $10 at any Wal Mart, a bit less on the Internet). It'll really set you straight.

Basically, it sets a walk by faith into five categories: worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry and mission and says life is a temporary assignment, a test and a trust (a trust about what we'll do with God's resources). After that, we take it from there and build upon all those areas.

Check it out. Well worth the time, I think.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 03:04 PM
Yeah, but she wasn't a single mother for long!

And, remember, it takes a village to raise a village idiot!laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 03:02 PM
Mass murderers killing in the name of God? Now THAT's a delusion! You gotta remember that Satan is the father of lies and he'll do all he can to foster evil at all times. If that means deluding people, than so be it.

God, on the other hand, leads people to truth. You'll know the truth and the truth will make you free, you see.

At any rate, don't think of it as deluded, think of it as slightly confused.laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 02:59 PM
The enemy will do all he can to tear apart a family. My hat's off to all you single parents out there. Ask the Lord for his help and guidance and see what help your local church will provide'd be my advice.

A good Bible-believing church should be able to render you some help and assistance, at least in helping train up the kids in a moral direction to go and teaching them some respect for authority and the word of God. I'm very glad my folks got me into church when I was a kid. It has helped me a heck of a lot, whether I chose to follow God's way or not, the teaching was always there as a guide and a help to me.

Happy Father's Day, parents!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 02:52 PM
Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Yeah, the Jesus is Lord thing is kind of basic to the whole Christian world view, eh?

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 02:47 PM
He's not talking about killing as much as he's talking about discipline. Mark 7:9 and after is a passage talking about providing for your family ahead of giving to the church. Jesus also said not to put family ahead of him or anything else for that matter. The thing with Isaac was a test of Abraham's obedience to God. Never heard it put as a case of child abuse before. The real child abuse in the OT is when some of the people roundabouts sacrificed kids in a fire to a god named Molech. Kind of a greusome thing. Then there was a king who threw Daniel and three companions into a furnace. Nice guy, that one.

And Solomon was just splitting heirs.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 02:40 PM
Yes. I've been enlightened about my need to turn over my life to the Lord because it's a mess otherwise. I took advantage of God's free gift of atonement for my sins when I was 16 or 17: I knew I was a sinner bound for hell because of my sins. I new that Jesus paid the price for my sins and asked him into my heart and my life, admitting I was a sinner and needed him to set me free, but I didn't really start living for Jesus until just recently (I'm 52 now).

So now, I've got enlightenment and atonement in my life and it's made all the difference in the world, to me. I hope you take advantage of the Lord's atonement as soon as possible and I hope you start walking with him soon, too. It'll make a tremendous difference in your life: you'll know more about him, you'll make less mistakes in life, you'll be happer, you'll reach more people for the Lord and you can avoid the mistakes I made (basically mistreating other people while I shunned the way of the Lord).

Anyway, that's my enlightenment for ya. Hope that helps.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Sat 06/14/08 02:23 PM
I'd say mid 30s, 35 and older, though I have talked to some younger here that sounded nice. I don't have the money or the time right now, so it's kind of a moot point anyway, but when I do have the money and the time I'd go 10 years older than I am to 15 years younger. And, if you dated a Mercury you could be a Mercury cougar.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/13/08 02:00 PM
The Red White and Blue festival is on in town this week. I went and got an elephant ear to eat and watched the corn hole tourney in the street in front of the school. Sa-Lute!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/13/08 01:58 PM
Jesus was someone from God telling us the way to get closer to God and said admitting we're seperated sinners and opening your heart and your life and having a relationship with Him was the way.

Sometimes a stone the builders reject can be the most important stone of all.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/13/08 01:51 PM
Ah, them Celts. They just wanted some good excuses to drink beer. And just wait till they beat those Lakers!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/13/08 01:48 PM
No delusion, Radio!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/13/08 01:46 PM
I think some refer to the views as pre-millenial or post-millenial. I don't have much of an opinion either way, however, I do believe we're saved by faith, not works. Otherwise, I wouldn't have a ghost of a chance, either way!

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Fri 06/13/08 01:43 PM
If you flip out, do you flip your wiccan?

Best not to mess with witches, witchcraft and the spiritual world, though. As John 1:9 says, to those who receive him (Jesus), he gives the power to become children of God and elsewhere it says that those who accept the lord become joint heirs with Christ. That's better than any old Wiccan stuff I've ever heard of and more powerful. Why not have the power of the creator of the universe living within you? A pretty unbeatable deal.

And if you look at the end of the book of Revelations, you find out that God wins out in the end, anyway, so why not go with a winner whilst you have the time and the opportunity.

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/12/08 04:31 PM
Cave wimmen!laugh

yashafox_F4X1's photo
Thu 06/12/08 04:27 PM
We're from the country and we like it that way.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25