Community > Posts By > JustAGuy2112

JustAGuy2112's photo
Tue 07/06/10 12:10 AM
Not long ago the makers of Arnold bread bought out Brownberry bakery and they changed one of the recipes of the original Brownberry breads. Individually, so many peaple filed complaints that within 90 days the recipe was changed back even the label was made to look more like the original and it clealy stated - ORIGINAL RECIPE.

Individuals did that, not as a group, not as a consensus. What we do as individuals makes a difference. If nothing else we feel better about ourselves for making a commitment to uphold an ethical choice.

Do you not realize that this part of your post completely contradicts itself?

The fact that a bunch of " individuals " placed complaints turned them INTO a group.

You think if ONE or TWO " individuals " had complained that the company would have cared?

Sheesh.

When Tiger Stadium closed after the 1999 season and the Detroit Tigers moved into Comerica Park, the owner of the team tried to save a few bucks by using the same hot dogs, but boiling them rather than grilling them like they did at Tiger Stadium.

Well..a WHOLE BUNCH of " individuals " basically went into full revolt and boycotted the hot dogs until the owner gave in and put grills in for the hot dogs.

Once there are enough " individuals " doing something, they BECOME a group.

Individuals do basically nothing without forming some kind of group to get things done.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 09:08 PM
Well..they were stupid enough to vote for someone based strictly on an image that was portrayed by the media.

What does that tell ya?

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 09:04 PM
It gets better every time I see her. :-)

Thanks, Myssy.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 09:02 PM

oh...lemon cake...forget it!

laugh laugh

Two slices on their way...

JAG, would you like some too ?

Absolutely. I'll be expecting it in my email.

LOL

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 09:01 PM

Hiya {{{Joy}}}

Hiya Myssyflowerforyou

How were your respective weekends??

Not bad, yours ?

Mine was fantastic.

Got to see my sweetie and did some fireworks and other stuff with her and the kids. bigsmile

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 08:59 PM

Desperation is a stinky cologne no matter where it originates. lol

I don't like that smell...whoa

Me either.

And I am almost certain that the vast majority of women don't find it appealing either.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 08:57 PM
Hiya {{{Joy}}}

Hiya Myssyflowerforyou

How were your respective weekends??

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 08:55 PM
Desperation is a stinky cologne no matter where it originates. lol

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 08:49 PM
waving

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 08:49 PM
* sniff sniff *

Ahhhh....the smell of desperation wafts through the room.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 08:46 PM
Ya know....I have been, over the last year or so, been seriously considering opening up a small restaraunt. I have a pretty good idea that isn't very prevalent in a certain area and I think I could do well.

But....what incentive do I really have to make a business successful?

If I do make it successful, I am going to get taxed so heavily that the chances of staying in business are slim at best anyway.

YAY!!!

So much for the " American Dream " eh, folks?

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 08:37 PM

After the Los Angeles government decided to boycott Arizona in May over its law, Corporation Commissioner Gary Pierce wrote a letter to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa threatening to cut off power to the city. Los Angeles and Arizona officials later acknowledged that the state could not unilaterally sever those power contracts.

Jeebus.

That is NOT what the letter said.

Pierce did not " threaten " to turn off the power.

What he DID was tell the Mayor and City Council that if they wanted to boycott Arizona based on " principals " then they should stand by those principals by boycotting the power ( 25% of the power used by Los Angeles comes from Arizona ) provided by the state of Arizona.

Of course, the Council and Mayor then backtracked and acknowledged that they couldn't actually boycott EVERYTHING.

You folks REALLY need to get accurate information before you start posting.

You aren't helping your cause at all.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 08:28 PM

One way jobs are created.

When a company starts feeling an economic strain, they will lay off the higher paid workers.

When the strain lifts, they will hire new workers for a fraction of the wage.

and who benefits? the ceo's and their crews..

They will always benefit - that's why they're in business. But if the average wage declines, there will be less expendable cash, less consumerism and probably higher consumer demand for more durable products, creating a more competitive market for smaller businesses. Even on less wages people will pay more for a product that will last or can be updated for a fraction of its replacement cost.

So at the moment those major business don't seem to be suffering much, but in the long run they will have to work harder (to please the consumer)while reducing the number of loss leads which will not be as interesting to a conservative and aware consumer.

Well - all that's not bases on any kind of economic, just based on my experience and what little knowledge I have with some wishful thinking thrown in.

they are CEO's and they should benefit... but at the amount they are getting? i remember a few years ago, they were going to fire the ceo of HP she was making 54 million dollars a year and the company was upset that the profits were going down. so in order to fire her, they had to give her a years pays as severance...so they basically gave her 54 million dollars to leave. thats just one example, and thats why i will never buy anything that has Heward Packard on it.
thats why we as consumers should take some responsibility in our actions, and not just blame the president every time we can't afford something... we are just a big a problem as anyone else we can blame. if we don't buy something, the price will come down...

But who are YOU to determine who makes " too much " money??

I will definitely grant you that a CEO getting a " bonus " while the company is failing is absurd at it's very base.

But...the stockholders ( of publicly traded companies ) are the ones who determine whether or not a person is worth what he/she is getting paid. Not you or anyone else. The investors are the people who have a stake in it.

I am sure that Hewlitt Packard will be pleased to know that you won't buy anything with Heward Packard on it. Might cut into their profit margin.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 08:20 PM

And its primarily that ******* George Bush's and the repuklicans fault ...

basic economics tells you ... nothing the government does actually affects change for at least 1 year after the policy has been passed.

go back and study some basic economics ...

they don't understand that, it's easier for them to blame the black folks...

That's a pathetic, weak, and absurd statement.

I wouldn't give a rat's azz if the dude was PURPLE. He ISN'T....LEADING....THIS....COUNTRY...IN....THE...RIGHT....DIRECTION.

If it had been McCain and the country was in the same shape it is now...I would be criticizing him too.

I honestly don't care what color someone is. They can either do the job, or they can't.

So far, Obama can't.

The fact that is he black is completely irrelevant.

Isn't it funny how only the Liberals among us are the ones who keep bringing that up??

Y'all need to find another crutch. That one is getting pretty worn out.

What Direction do you think we should be LED into and how would you propose we take action to get there?

If you want to retire in say 4 years - when it gets to be 4 years from now do you just retire. Is that all it too, setting a date?

What ground work is required to accomplish that one small goal?

You can't just stop 50, 20 million pound trains going 150 miles an hour so you can change direction because you no longer happy with where you're headed.

You have an opinion so you are thinking about "something" but voicing opinions without any constructive criticisms offering solutions or alternatives is takes as much mindless effort as watching TV.

So please, back-up your opinion with your reasoning - I really want to hear it. How else can we learn anything if all we do is share obsurdities. How can we find a common path if we don't know what is behind opinions. Keep your mind sharp, you may yet need it.

The problem is that people DON'T want to " hear it " when someone steps forward using logic.

Lower the tax burden on small businesses and they WILL start hiring again. Give them some INCENTIVE to hire people.

Right now, they see a higher tax burden coming. Everyone is trying to cut costs right now and that goes double for small businesses.

The direction we are being led in at the moment is a direction of reliance on the government rather than SELF reliance. It's also a direction of people feeling entitled to government money ( which is actually TAXPAYER money ) when they have done nothing at all to EARN anything of the sort.

People no longer feel the need to be responsible for their own well being because they think the government will be there to give them a handout no matter what.

Take a good long look at the happenings at Joe Louis Arena last year when people were lining up for money from " Obabma's stash ". That was Liberalism in action.

" Go back to sleep America. Your government will take care of everything " Bill Hicks

Now..I am not, in any way, shape or form, saying the Republicans have any better plans. They have proven time and time again that they are just as bad as anyone else.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 03:07 PM

Part of that is low College standards ...
anyone with the money can get in.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Tell ya what, dude.

Try getting yourself into the University of Michigan ( one of the premier colleges in the country ) based strictly on the fact that you have have enough money to pay the tuition.

They would laugh you out of the admissions office.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 03:04 PM

seems weird how they had a 50% dropout rate just a year ago, to this year 100% college acceptance... thats a huge turnaround, for any school. no dropouts, and they all made it to college... just seems a little fishy...spock

OMG!!!

YOU are actually questioning something that was touted by a Democrat???

Oh now THAT is rich.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 03:02 PM

basic economics tells you ... nothing the government does actually affects change for at least 1 year after the policy has been passed.

That's a pathetic, weak, and absurd statement.

I wouldn't give a rat's azz if the dude was PURPLE. He ISN'T....LEADING....THIS....COUNTRY...IN....THE...RIGHT....DIRECTION.

If it had been McCain and the country was in the same shape it is now...I would be criticizing him too.

I honestly don't care what color someone is. They can either do the job, or they can't.

So far, Obama can't.

The fact that is he black is completely irrelevant.

Isn't it funny how only the Liberals among us are the ones who keep bringing that up??

Y'all need to find another crutch. That one is getting pretty worn out.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 02:57 PM

Psst....

Just in case you have gotten lost in time at some point...

It's been a year and a half now.

That would mean that your post actually proved my point for me.

Time for Obama to pull up the big boy pants and start taking responsibility for his economic policies not working.

And it's time for the rest of you to stop blaming someone who hasn't been in office for WELL OVER a year and realize that your man Obama is not doing all that well.

Hey....by the way....

The " stimulus " that Obama forced through ( per another thread in these forums ) within a month or so of getting elected....

How's THAT working out for you??

Have you seen all the jobs it's created??

Oh wait. It hasn't created any. It hasn't " saved " any either. No matter how much you all would like to believe it has.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 02:52 PM

and unemployment percentage is higher than it has been in 26.5 years

the last time it was an oil shortage. the early 80's.. remember the lines at gas stations? could only by gas by if your license plate ended in an odd or even number? ... who was president then? reagan.

The gas lines were in the 70's.slaphead

Carter was President.slaphead slaphead

Try to keep up.whoa

Or at least have accurate information when you try to point out how bad the Republicans are.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 07/05/10 02:50 PM

There we go ... and now YOU're playing the 'race card' too ... congratulations.

No kidding.

That certainly didn't take long.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25