Community > Posts By > JustAGuy2112

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 06/20/10 08:54 PM
No blame and why is it a necessity? Can we not return to a simpler way of life? And to tell the truth we are hurting the Earth with it. The Earth will come back and hurt us for it....that is fact.

Come on. Seriously.

" Can we not go back to a simpler way of life ? "

Do you REALLY think that's possible these days with so many people reliant on technology ( the vast majority of which runs on electricity ) and cars ( which run on gasoline ) and plastics ( oil based products ) and air conditioning in the Summer and heating in the Winter? You would prefer to go back to a time when everyone burned wood for heat??

What would the environuts be screaming about then??? " OMG!!! They are all killing TREES!!!! "

Do you REALLY think it would be possible for the spoiled, apathetic people of this country to actually go back to a world that doesn't rely on oil based products??

If you do, then someone has been blowing some pretty good sunshine up your azz.

Oil is a necessity.

" Green solutions ", until they can be set up in ways to replace ALL things oil based, are no solution at all.

They will not BE a solution for at least another 10-20 years. All of them put together simply do not add up to the cost effectiveness and accessibility of oil based products.

They could cover the entire Western desert in wind turbines and solar panels and it would STILL provide less than HALF of the power needed to run this country.

Facts are facts. Oil is a necessary evil at this point. Our country and economy are too reliant, and other ideas aren't nearly cost efficient enough or have the capacity to replace it.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 06/20/10 06:37 PM

I think your country has also bumped Chernobyl off the number one on the list for global impact man-made environmental disasters...

:cry:

In actuality, this time the company BP remains English owned, not American owned......and as far as our government.....well pumping there was approved and instituted under Bush when oil prices increased and the American people were upset over gas prices.......we complain they did its everyone involved fault.......that you can blame Bush for.......but either Bush, Obama or any other president only act to accomplish a goal, placate the American people, or cover a need.......we cannot rely on the governmeent to fix all the problems.......we as people have become too complacent

Wanna know WHY they had to drill a few miles down??

The environuts.

That's right friends and neighbors.

Had the enviornazis not been so anal and thrown such a hissy fit about drilling for oil ( which, by the way, no matter HOW MUCH they don't like it is STILL a necessity ) in shallower waters, where, by the way, a spill or leak would have been MUCH easier to control orcap, we would have NEVER had this big of a problem go on for as long as it has.

So go ahead and piss and moan about the environmental impact.

The fact is, the ones who are now doing all the pissing and moaning are, in fact, the people that had a big hand in CAUSING the damn problem in the first place.

But, hey, that's not what everyone wants to hear now is it??

Of course not. Let's not put any blame on the folks who FORCED BP and other companies to drill deeper than they have ever had to before.

I do not absolve BP. There should have been contingency plans in place, equipment on hand, etc to be prepared.

However. Since everyone seems to want to assign blame...let's make sure that ALL the people/groups who had a hand in causing it get their fair share.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 06/20/10 01:35 PM
Edited by JustAGuy2112 on Sun 06/20/10 01:36 PM

Jobless rate hit 14% in Nevada, highest in the country. We were the 3rd for awhile. Are still the highest mortgage collapse in the US. The jobless numbers are for those still able to collect unemployemnt ONLY. The few people I know who were collecting, they're payments stopped during the last 7 weeks. Just where do they think people are going to get $, or work? They started when this mess started, back in Sept 08 when we had a different President for 8 years, nice goodbye gift.
2 nights ago, another company laid off over 250 people. Last month, a poorly planned new place laid off 350. Greed, poor planning and poor state representation. Thanks Senator. It's a dam good thing you got kicked out of the primaries, yea, we wanted more of your parties wheeling dealing.

It is rough, a new deal few saw coming,, I think things are changing DRASTICALLY nearly overnight too

first it was the change requiring people to have COLLEGE education to make decent money,, now they are saying employers actually are TURNING down unemployed people,,,,,,it pretty much sucks,, but the silver lining is maybe more people will become entrepreneurial and maybe greed will backfire by forcing people to live with less and learn to appreciate what they have,,,,

Yep. Obama's " plan " is working to perfection.

I think you may have misspoke. Employers aren't turning down unemployed people. They are turning down college educated people because they expect higher pay.

Obabma's " plan " of taxing the " rich " ( mostly small business owners ) is not going to help the problem and will, in fact, exacerbate it.

The more taxes a company has to pay, the less they are going to want to pay for workers.

As usual, the Dems want to punish those who succeed.

Start a successful business....they'll tax you out of business.

Graduate college...you won't be able to find a job because companies can't AFFORD to pay well.

What a great " plan ".

I agree with Ms. H. You just have to be here. I run a meal program for the destitute and give out emergency food boxes to those who run short. We have over 30 food banks in LOst Wages. Our shelves are becoming empty, so we only give out to families with small children and seniors. It was the republicans who did this before Mr. Obama came to presidency, and started a couple of years before. Hopefully thy're out.

Oh. please.

I live in Michigan. Ya know....the state that was THE worst in the country as far as unemployment until you folks decided to take over from us.

Do you REALLY think it was the Republicans that got us into this mess??

It wasn't.

It wasn't the Democrats either.

It was our corrupt, inept, and idiotic government for the last 30 years or so. PERIOD.

Blaming this one or that one is just ridiculous.

I bring up Obama's name because he assured us during the campaign that he had a " plan " to make this country more prosperous.

That " plan " is failing miserably at this point.

So what do they do???

They blame someone else rather than saying " Hey, ya know what, I am not sure how to get us out of this hole either. "

It's Bush's fault...it's Clinton's fault...it's Obama's fault....it's George Bush 1's fault too.

They ALL do or did nothing more than what is good for the people who line their pockets and don't give a rat's azz ( and please don't say Obama is any different because he isn't ) about the population as a whole.

I point out that Obama's " plan " ( what exactly was that plan again??? I don't remember him saying anything of any substance during the entire campaign. Oh yeah!! I know!! " Hope and CHANGE " right??? ) is failing because it IS failing.

He said recently that the economy is " growing at a good clip "...well..maybe.

Just a shame that his taxes on the " rich " folks will put a ceiling on how high the economy will actually grow.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 06/20/10 01:02 AM

Well..I can definitely relate.

It took me 4+ years to change the perceptions. Behaviors...some I am still working on and will be for a long time to come.

The woman you see in my picture changed my perceptions in a big way.

I was ( and just about anyone that knew me when I started here ) pretty bitter about the things that happened to me.

Up until about 8 months ago...I would have been the LAST person to think there was someone out there for me that wouldn't do all the same crap.

i don't expect all women to treat me the way the previous ones have. i know that each was her own unique woman. i've gotten past the bitterness. the only thing stopping me now is me. and i'm a huge obstacle.

. . .

Then you are miles ahead of where I was.

But...how much of it is actually YOU....and how much is expectations of behavior??

Just curious.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 06/20/10 12:50 AM

Honestly, considering that you seem to have the right ideas ( but not the best luck ) it wouldn't appear that you actually need a " role model " Drew.

It would seem that past experiences have left a " bad taste " and that kind of thing can take a while to get past.

It took me a LONG time.

But now, I am happier than I have ever been.
actually, i know what many of my personal hang-ups are. change however, is very difficult. especially, behavioral and perceptional.

. . .

Well..I can definitely relate.

It took me 4+ years to change the perceptions. Behaviors...some I am still working on and will be for a long time to come.

The woman you see in my picture changed my perceptions in a big way.

I was ( and just about anyone that knew me when I started here ) pretty bitter about the things that happened to me.

Up until about 8 months ago...I would have been the LAST person to think there was someone out there for me that wouldn't do all the same crap.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 06/20/10 12:32 AM

It also could be a " learned " behavior.

They see Mom or Dad treating the opposite sex a certain way, and without any real reinforcement from an opposing view, they wind up thinking that behavior is " normal " and wind up doing it themselves.

Still....not a conscious decision.
that could be another problem i have, no role models to learn from.

. . .

Honestly, considering that you seem to have the right ideas ( but not the best luck ) it wouldn't appear that you actually need a " role model " Drew.

It would seem that past experiences have left a " bad taste " and that kind of thing can take a while to get past.

It took me a LONG time.

But now, I am happier than I have ever been.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 06/20/10 12:23 AM

He has a point, Melody.

But..a lot of the time, it's not a conscious decision.

Some wind up playing the " hard to get " game without even knowing they are doing it.

I agree with that :thumbsup:

More than likely it comes from someone not being comfortable in their own skin. They think they want one thing but rarely follow through and it seems like they are playing games. Actually, they are just clueless.

It also could be a " learned " behavior.

They see Mom or Dad treating the opposite sex a certain way, and without any real reinforcement from an opposing view, they wind up thinking that behavior is " normal " and wind up doing it themselves.

Still....not a conscious decision.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 06/20/10 12:10 AM
He has a point, Melody.

But..a lot of the time, it's not a conscious decision.

Some wind up playing the " hard to get " game without even knowing they are doing it.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 11:56 PM
I would be one of those Neanderthals that would know a salad fork from a shrimp fork.

Oh the HUMANITY!!!!

Oh the HORROR!!!!!

OH MY GAWD!!!!

That is SOOOOOO terrible.

Whatever.

If it can stab the salad AND the shrimp...that's good enough for me.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 11:32 PM

Jobless rate hit 14% in Nevada, highest in the country. We were the 3rd for awhile. Are still the highest mortgage collapse in the US. The jobless numbers are for those still able to collect unemployemnt ONLY. The few people I know who were collecting, they're payments stopped during the last 7 weeks. Just where do they think people are going to get $, or work? They started when this mess started, back in Sept 08 when we had a different President for 8 years, nice goodbye gift.
2 nights ago, another company laid off over 250 people. Last month, a poorly planned new place laid off 350. Greed, poor planning and poor state representation. Thanks Senator. It's a dam good thing you got kicked out of the primaries, yea, we wanted more of your parties wheeling dealing.

It is rough, a new deal few saw coming,, I think things are changing DRASTICALLY nearly overnight too

first it was the change requiring people to have COLLEGE education to make decent money,, now they are saying employers actually are TURNING down unemployed people,,,,,,it pretty much sucks,, but the silver lining is maybe more people will become entrepreneurial and maybe greed will backfire by forcing people to live with less and learn to appreciate what they have,,,,

Yep. Obama's " plan " is working to perfection.

I think you may have misspoke. Employers aren't turning down unemployed people. They are turning down college educated people because they expect higher pay.

Obabma's " plan " of taxing the " rich " ( mostly small business owners ) is not going to help the problem and will, in fact, exacerbate it.

The more taxes a company has to pay, the less they are going to want to pay for workers.

As usual, the Dems want to punish those who succeed.

Start a successful business....they'll tax you out of business.

Graduate college...you won't be able to find a job because companies can't AFFORD to pay well.

What a great " plan ".

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 11:28 PM
Not " murder "

Punishment.

Justice.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 09:33 PM

I think we should be using ethynol or bio diesel anyways, all completely renewable

Except for one minor problem. The knee jerk idiots in our government have this FANTASTIC idea that Ethanol HAS to come from corn.

Which, of course, drives the price of corn ( and the MANY things made from it ) through the roof.

Someone decided that " corn based ethanol " would be the buzzword(s) and they basically excluded ALL other ideas.

Including the one about BUTANOL which is MUCH easier and cheaper to produce in HIGHER QUANTITIES and which can be made from Switchgrass. OH!!! and it doesn't have the corrosive qualities that damage engines like ethanol does.

But...Butanol just doesn't SOUND as cool as ethanol. So it gets ignored.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 09:21 PM
I am thinking about going back.

But I really have no idea what for.

I don't want to go take a bunch of writing classes because I don't want someone telling me what the " rules " of writing are. I am having WAY too much fun breaking all of them.

Not to mention, I was a HORRIBLE student in school. My grades were patently pathetic.

I would basically have to start all over again and wind up taking a bunch of classes that I have no interest in and wasn't any good at the first time around.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 09:09 PM
Stetson Black.

Cheap...and it doesn't smell all fruity like a lot of colognes.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 08:58 PM
Those are the best kind.:wink:

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 08:55 PM

I am really REALLY glad I do now.bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile
cool i got a vacation coming up in september will get to see a friend of mine

That works. Always good to get a vacation.:thumbsup:

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 08:49 PM
I am really REALLY glad I do now.bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 08:42 PM

waving
hey (((((((((((((((((((((((tim)))))))))))) when do u see ya other half waving waving

Already did. Got home a few hours ago.bigsmile

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 08:36 PM
waving

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 06/19/10 08:21 PM
My most recent ( and most likely the last I'll ever have to do ) first " outing " involved just over 33,000 people and a couple of baseball teams...lmao

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25