repochick's photo
Sat 12/20/08 07:40 PM
nice

repochick's photo
Sat 12/20/08 07:35 PM
gagging

repochick's photo
Sat 12/20/08 07:34 PM
Since its getting so close to Christmas I say we have a little fun and help Santa out! Rate the person above you naughty or nice!!

repochick's photo
Thu 12/11/08 04:32 PM
OK I gave an example. Never did I say you should or you have to put a restraining order on this boy. That was what my mother chose to do with an 18 year old who was dating a 14 year old. She gave us the chance to stop it and we both ignored her so she took that extra step. I dont even know if they would put a restraining order on a 12 year old child....

As a parent you do have the right to what she does and does not do. You can allow this to continue if you choose. You can take away the priviledges she has that allows her to talk to this boy. If she sneaks and gets caught you can ground her. In the end it is your choice how you handle this situation.

repochick's photo
Wed 12/10/08 03:38 PM
I'm not trying to be mean here, really, I am not but I have to ask this question. Do you not realize that she is 12 years old?? She is not an adult, she is not even a teenager yet! She can't take care of herself or make the decisions in life that are required to live.
As parent's that is our job until they are old enough to do it on their own. When your daughter is 14 and pregnant please dont cry about how this could happen to you. She needs a mother, not a friend....

Oh and just so everyone knows I was a brat as a child and thru most of my teen years. My mother stayed firm with the rules that were set and I hated every minute of it but today when I look at my old child I am thankful she CARED enough to step in and "guide" me to be a better person!

repochick's photo
Wed 12/10/08 11:21 AM

IMO if you want to help this boy try getting him help for the drug usage. Instead of accepting the "relationship' 2 12 year olds have with each other, put that focus into helping the boy. I'm not saying he is a bad person or on the wrong track but I think there is really something wrong with the idea of a 12 year old who is doing drugs and experimenting with sex......

Let these kids be children while they can!

ummm I tried that stance for the first year. it didnt work so well. they are still talking on the phone and have further bonded EMOTIONALLY together.. i know what happens next. and I dont condone sexual experimentation.

ummmm but i can tell that that is where this relationship is progressing. i put my foot down. tell her nope no boyfriends allowed. and defiently not this one. and well......causes some sorta romeo and juilet syndrome or somethin.

Ok I just have to ask this one....Why have you allowed your daughter to talk to this boy? Why are you allowing any contact for their "relationship" to grow??

I'm not judging nor am I meaning to sound like I am but I do think the whole situation is sad. You are the parent. You are there to do what is best for your child. Since the boy's parents dont seem concerned why not social services....Drug use is a HUGE issue...
As a parent we are supposed to care for our children and do what is in the best interest of them. It doesnt seem, to me, that the best interest of any 12 year old girl is to be allowed to "date" a boy who is already experimenting with sex and drugs....
Screw being the bad guy and do what is right.
There wont be any kind of Romeo and Juliet issues to be concerned about.....As your daughter matures and grows up she will also realize that she is not in love with the boy....If you allow it to continue what do you think is going to happen?

repochick's photo
Wed 12/10/08 10:44 AM
IMO if you want to help this boy try getting him help for the drug usage. Instead of accepting the "relationship' 2 12 year olds have with each other, put that focus into helping the boy. I'm not saying he is a bad person or on the wrong track but I think there is really something wrong with the idea of a 12 year old who is doing drugs and experimenting with sex......

Let these kids be children while they can!

repochick's photo
Wed 12/10/08 06:26 AM
Wow this is a very sad thread. I dont even know what to say.

At 12 do you honestly think these kids have any idea about love. Regardless if they have "been together" a year now do you think they really get it?? They are way to young to know what real love is and they are children and have the right to a childhood.

I can say this. My mom went as far as putting a restraining order on a guy I dated when I was 14. He was 18. I thought I was in love with him as well. After the restraining order there was no contact allowed or he would go to jail. By the time the restraining order dropped I had turned 16 and realized that he was not the one I was in love with and furthurmore he was not even the person I had thought he was when I was 14.

If my child was in this same situation I would make the relationship stop, no matter if I was the "bad guy" or not. To allow it saddens me.

repochick's photo
Sun 12/07/08 11:47 AM
When I meet a man I am interested in dating I will allow my son to meet them in the beginning. I want to see how he reacts to my son and how well they get along.

Of course everything is kept platonic around my son so its really no different than any one of my guy friends. If I were to have the guy stay overnight he would come after my son went to bed and leave in the morning before my son woke up!

repochick's photo
Sun 10/12/08 08:43 PM
I dont think children need both "parents" in their life. Afterall who teaches a child what a parent is in the first place. We the parents do. My son has no idea what a dad is because his father has never once been around. He is better off than being hurt by his father. JMO

repochick's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:35 PM
Heck, my ex wouldnt even know if he had a good child since he's the A typical dead beat!!!

repochick's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:25 PM

Don't feel that way RepoChick! You probably dance circles around any tech - -- in your field.
I see this every day, what's easy to me (tech), challeges others. On the other hand I only recently learned how to change an 02 sensor from a mechanic bud who can do it in his sleep.
It takes all kinds of skills to make a world and everyones got a gift.

Thanks Brand, that was real sweet!!!!

repochick's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:20 PM

In Firefox, Goto Tools -> Options -> Advanced Button -> Network Tab and choose Direct connection to the internet

OMG Thank you soooo much. LOL Now I really feel dumb that I couldnt figure that out on my own!!!

repochick's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:17 PM
Now I'm scared!

repochick's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:17 PM
And I was told it was better than Inernet Explorer!

repochick's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:16 PM

I'll take care of it:banana:

Ok how?

repochick's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:15 PM
Does anyone know anything about proxy configurations?? I installed Firefox but it wont let me use it because Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

Can anyone help??

repochick's photo
Tue 04/29/08 08:31 AM
OMG Dont I feel dumb now. I tried all kinds of other stuff and nothig worked. Thanks to everyone for helping me!

repochick's photo
Tue 04/29/08 08:05 AM
This morning my son got ahold of my computer and made some changes and now I cant figure out how to get it back to normal. The change he made, somehow, is that now my task bar is horizontal on the right side of my screen and I cant get it back to the bottom. Can anyone help me??