in the darkest cobwebbed corners.
A poet breathes every single breath
knowing it could be his very last.
A poet speaks in color
like scarlet and sable and silver.
A poet's spirit lasts forever
lingering in his convictions.
A poet feels every wound acutely
the stings of society and self-inflicted cuts.
A poet is capable of healing
those he touches but never himself.
A poet bleeds through adjectives
like dreary and dark and dead and doomed.
A poet is both hated and revered
for he seperates the ugly truth from pretty lies.
A poet knows everything about too much
but not enough about so much more.
A poet prefers his own company
to those who pretend to care.
A poet cries in metaphor and personification,
his sky bleeding fat, clear drops.
A poet spills his heart
only to receive nothing in return.
A poet whispers defiance
to anyone subtle enough to notice.
A poet sharpens his wit and pen
as implements for battle.
A poet can describe the entirety of life
in the simplest of verse, like:
Life drowns and death smothers.
We're all caught somewhere in the middle,
gasping for air, struggling for breath,
screaming our poetry to the world.ohwell

no photo
Thu 11/11/10 11:45 AM

devil whoa devil :tongue: flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 11/11/10 09:45 AM

The ability of time travel w/o causing ripples or catastrophic chain reactions thus defeating the time travel paradox.With this ability I could travel back to predestined times/dates/years & alter the course that lead up to the untimely death of loved ones.Godspeed!Cy :smile:

Why would you cause a time ripple? If you were to go back in time then the present would already be affected by the fact that in the future you will go back in time so nothing would change.
That being said you could never change the present by trying to change the past because the present would already take into account anything you did in the past. You could travel to the future and see what happens and change it possibly. Seeing that you travel into a future where you don't have your knowledge of the future yet.

Hi!Chazster;)I'm pleased to meet you btw.I've always been intrigued by time travel so needless to say I loved the Terminator movies 1-3,however they dropped the ball sadly w/ #4;( There are some other great time travel flicks also that I've enjoyed.I posted the Grandfather paradox below also.However the question remains what if scientists were able to circumnavigate around this paradox via the parallel time line thus allowing the traveler to alter the future & save his loved ones from untimely death or great leaders,musicians,etc.I hope the OP does not mind my multiple posts.Thx!for posting on this thread.Godspeed!Cy :smile: drinker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The grandfather paradox is a proposed paradox of time travel first described (in this exact form) by the science fiction writer René Barjavel in his 1943 book Le Voyageur Imprudent (The Imprudent Traveller).[1] Nevertheless, similar (and even more mind-boggling) paradoxes had already been described, for instance by Robert A. Heinlein in "By His Bootstraps". The paradox is this: suppose a man travelled back in time and killed his biological grandfather before the latter met the traveller's grandmother. As a result, one of the traveller's parents (and by extension the traveller himself) would never have been conceived. This would imply that he could not have travelled back in time after all, which means the grandfather would still be alive, and the traveller would have been conceived allowing him to travel back in time and kill his grandfather. Thus each possibility seems to imply its own negation, a type of logical paradox.

Despite the name, the grandfather paradox does not exclusively regard the impossibility of one's own birth. Rather, it regards any action that makes impossible the ability to travel back in time in the first place. The paradox's namesake example is merely the most commonly thought of when one considers the whole range of possible actions. Another example would be using scientific knowledge to invent a time machine, then going back in time and (whether through murder or otherwise) impeding a scientist's work that would eventually lead to the very information that you used to invent the time machine.An equivalent paradox is known (in philosophy) as autoinfanticide, going back in time and killing oneself as a baby.

The grandfather paradox has been used to argue that backwards time travel must be impossible. However, a number of possible ways of avoiding the paradox have been proposed, such as the idea that the timeline is fixed and unchangeable, the idea that the time traveller will end up in a parallel timeline, while the timeline in which the traveller was born remains independent or the possibility of the time traveller saving his grandfather's life instead of killing him so that he could later be born and travel back in time so that he could save his grandfather's life, exactly the opposite of the original paradox.spock

Another paradox similar to that was developed by Stephen Hawking in his TV Documents, Episode 2 in 2010 series, Into The Universe With Stephen Hawking. According to the paradox, a young scientist travels into the past one minute with a time machine he just built. With him he took a gun and killed his past self that was loading the gun, instantly killing him. The question is though, who fired the shot? The loop stays open with the person being dead who fired the shot. According to the theory however, there is always a cause before an effect saying that the future man is a copy of the past man, meaning he killed a different person.spock

no photo
Thu 11/11/10 08:56 AM
:smile: flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 11/11/10 08:47 AM
101st Airborne(vet)Until there is Peace.Amen!Godspeed!Cy glasses :heart: drinker

no photo
Thu 11/11/10 06:51 AM
{{{Kat}}}G'morn.sweetheart:wink: flowers

{{{2.K.Mom}}}G'morn.sweetheart:wink: flowers

-Oh!Suzanna,don't U cry for me,for I come from Alabama w/a banjo on my knee.laugh :tongue: drinker

no photo
Thu 11/11/10 05:51 AM
Edited by CyPoet on Thu 11/11/10 05:59 AM

ya can't always get what ya want, ya just might find..ya get what ya need.

Welcome

{{{l~l}}}40 licks brought to U from the Rolling Stones.:tongue: flowerforyou Godspeed!Cy :smile: drinker

Maika,are you serious?laughUmmm!yeah,G'luck!w/ all of that.ohwell

To:OP~Welcome!waving

no photo
Wed 11/10/10 08:54 PM
I didn't swipe any pickles nor did my pooch Max.:tongue: laugh Welcome! flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 11/10/10 08:20 PM
Well it's said that a picture says a 1000 words so if you would really like for me to post a pic.telling you what I think then let me know and by all means I'll happily oblige K.Godspeed!Cy :smile:

no photo
Wed 11/10/10 07:59 PM

I do believe in soul mates. I also believe we have more than one. We learn and grow from each. flowerforyou

Soul mates? Gag. My parents, grandparents, and greatparents would totally disagree with the notion of "Soul Mates". A soul mate is who you want to be with in that moment because that's what you're feeling. Back in the day...we used to call it "being in love with love"-or "puppy love".......with all due respect.

Soul Mate is a very commercially appealing "phrase" that says everything and nothing. It's a cheap substitute for the ...
DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

Real Thing.
Nice...

flowerforyou

Ba-da-bump.Tssssss.laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 11/10/10 07:42 PM
The sad reality is that there will always be leagues as you mentioned just as there will be social classification of 1)Rich 2)Middle 3)Low.Will this ever change? Highly improbable.ohwell

no photo
Wed 11/10/10 07:31 PM
In a romantic sense I don't believe in the term"soul mate"per se.I'm more inclined to believe in the term "significant other".:smile:

no photo
Wed 11/10/10 07:10 PM

of course i'm joking but knight rider was the only show he was decent in

That was some funny *hit when David & his car was buried in the ground & covered over w/ dirt.Then he wakes up suddenly & stomps on the gas & catapults out of the ground like the bat-mobile on steroids.laugh
what was also funny was the ejection seat and michael always had on a leather jacket even during the summertime

laugh Yep!Too funny.That's also why A.Sandler in Happy Gilmore made that crack saying that D.H.spends more time in the sand.:smile:

no photo
Wed 11/10/10 07:01 PM

of course i'm joking but knight rider was the only show he was decent in

That was some funny *hit when David & his car was buried in the ground & covered over w/ dirt.Then he wakes up suddenly & stomps on the gas & catapults out of the ground like the bat-mobile on steroids.laugh

no photo
Wed 11/10/10 06:41 PM

why do you always put godspeed?? is that a band or a website of yours?

Godspeed-good fortune; success (used as a wish to a person starting on a journey), a new venture, etc.It was also used before entering or exiting a plane or helicopter.101st Airborne.Old habits are hard to break.:smile:

no photo
Wed 11/10/10 06:31 PM

i dont like either one that well. ludacris is a a-hole, and eminem is not that good.

My sediments exactly!Rap sucks like an industrial sump pump.In all fairness though I'll give Eminem 1 song."Stan" & that's because he had Dido doing back-up vocals w/ him.Godspeed!Cy :smile: flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 11/10/10 05:55 PM
Did someone say crickets? winking

no photo
Wed 11/10/10 05:17 PM

I hope you're not talking about 'it'.
Cause now I want 'it' love

{{{A}}}devil :wink: laugh flowerforyou