Community > Posts By > elanher

no photo
Thu 01/22/09 12:09 PM
Any Hardees or Carl's Jr. commercial. Showing someone eat with all the smacking and mayonnaise dripping. It's disgusting.

no photo
Thu 01/22/09 12:02 PM
I'm with you on that. flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 02:42 PM

thank God i wasn't drinking anything rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Someone didn't like that pic, I see.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 02:36 PM
Thank goodness the baby was still alive. Often times stories like these have a much worse ending.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 02:33 PM
I can't believe people are still arguing over this. If these rumors were any bit questionable don't you think the supreme court would have seen the case? It appears there was nothing to it because the case was thrown out of court in early December. It was nothing more than a few stupid republicans desperate attempt to attack Obama. They obviously failed. People should get over it.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 02:25 PM
Edited by elanher on Wed 01/21/09 02:25 PM
There has to be more to this story. I mean there are people who knowingly abuse their children and drug addicts that get their children back in no time, but this lady might not. While I don't think drinking and children go together in any form, this is insane. These kids have been put in foster care in Hawaii and they're talking about letting people adopt them because she spanked them and yelled at a flight attendant. Actually it was just because the lady yelled at the attendant. The system is completely messed up. I guess we already knew that though.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 02:04 PM
It seems they have had a great deal of time to do that.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 01:57 PM
It's about time they shut it down. Those people have been held without evidence long enough. I don't know about charges from other countries, but only one gitmo detainee has been convicted of a criminal offense by the US this whole time. They should be paid reparations and they should be given sanctuary.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:33 AM

When I was in elementary school I had a friend whos parents were devout Christians although I didnt fully have an understanding at that young age. They would tell her things like if she was bad, god will cause another flood.

Thats sad, but it's really no different than parents using stuff like santa, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, and the boogie man to control their children.
Yea I got told how horrible I was because I refused to lie to my daughter about Santa. The way I saw it was I worked my azz off for the money to buy her presents. I sure wasn't going to give the credit to some damn imaginary fat man and his elves.

I feel the same way. Whats funny is some people think we are just ruining the poor childrens lives by not lying to them.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:20 AM

When I was in elementary school I had a friend whos parents were devout Christians although I didnt fully have an understanding at that young age. They would tell her things like if she was bad, god will cause another flood.

Thats sad, but it's really no different than parents using stuff like santa, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, and the boogie man to control their children.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:13 AM
If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:09 AM
Billy, I'm not even one set on the whole mercury thing. The other ingredients bother me just as bad. As far as you saying the amounts of mercury in modern vaccines is less then a child will get from its environment and food sources I do agree. I think the whole thing could be that people with autism don't excrete the metals like most people do. A lot of studies have shown people with autism to have heavy metals attached to their brain tissue. The reason may be that many were found to have significantly lower levels of the antioxidant glutathione. Glutathione is required to eliminate mercury at the cellular level.
Those studies you mention....It appears those are all government conducted epidemiological studies. Results tend to be twisted to meet the agenda of the ones funding them. Clinical studies is where facts come in. I stand by my earlier statement.... no real studies have been done to prove or disprove the vaccine theory.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 08:16 AM

Well on a personal note I have a friend his daughter has autism, she is very bright in certain ways (by bright I mean capable she is not a savant), but socially cannot really deal with reality.

When I had heard that some people believed vaccines where a cause this troubled me, so I sought out my friend, he had done some research and found studies that did not show such a correlation.

It pretty important considering whats vaccines have done for us as a race.

If even only a paranoid few are opting to not get vaccines this reduces our "herd" immunity, which can cause severe set backs for the annihilation of these deadly diseases.

I have two friends that have autistic boys. One of the boys is so bad that he lives in an institution and the other boy is in a special school. There is a girl in my child's class that is autistic. She has been held back a grade and receives tutoring help but she has been integrated into the classroom.

I don't think there is enough proof that justifies us not getting the vaccines.

I don't necessarily think we should just do away with vaccines, but I do think research should be done to see just how safe and effective they really are. I feel some of the vaccines are a waste. For instance Hep B. vaccine... How the hell is a newborn baby going to get Hep B? I would say by the mom having it or by someone doing something to the baby they shouldn't be. What about the Chicken pox vaccine? Studies are showing now that a lot of kids who get the vaccine are getting chicken pox as young adults which can be way more dangerous. The flu vaccine is a given, you can easily see it doesn't prevent anything. Did you know most vaccines aren't even put on the market until the diseases are almost extinct? For instance measles declined by more than 95 percent before the vaccine was introduced. Why do you think that is?
There are simple changes that can be made to ensure our childrens safety. Why not spread the vaccine schedule out? At least until we have the facts. Why not look into using safer ingredients? If it's really about cost I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying a little more for them. At least give people a choice... Why not test childrens immune systems to see if they can withstand it all? Why not just wait until children are 2 to start vaccinating? By age 2 signs of autism are there in 99% of cases...

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 07:21 AM

I have never smelled death, thank goodness.

I know if I smell vomit that just does it for me.
Then again, the odors of baby powder and patchuli are equally repulsive....laugh

New Orleans on a hot humid summer day is very putrid.

Patchouli is disgusting and usually the ones who wear it are too. I know several dirty hippies who think it covers up lack of exposure to soap and water.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 07:05 AM
I found an article that says a parents age may be related to autism because damage to dna is more likely as people get older. It makes sense to me that our dna can become damaged as we age, but I'm not really buying it as a big factor in autism. I don't think it discriminates. Besides it seems more young people are having babies these days. Back when older people were having more babies autism wasn't so prevalent, in fact it was what most would consider nonexistent.

no photo
Tue 01/20/09 09:01 PM

Anything you wanted to add on a personal note???huh

As to autism, and innoculations....

what a crock of sh*te....

the high number of diagnosis of autism, especially Aspergers is because the parameters of diagnostic evaluation has changed.

I suspect that most of these apparent asperger's diagnoses are nothing more than higher evolved gifted people..

I've read somewhere that the age you start poppin' out kids is a rather strong indicator as to whether or not they'll end up autistic. In short, the older you have kids, the more likely they'll have autism and related issues.

I believe you're thinking of down syndrome.

no photo
Tue 01/20/09 02:58 PM
I wonder what made her come to that conclusion? There haven't even been any real studies done to prove or disprove this theory and there probably wont ever be. If vaccines were found to be related to autism they would be found to be related to other conditions as well. How do you think people would react to know the pharma has been poisoning us all along and the government has been allowing it to happen? I don't think it would go over well. They can keep saying these vaccines contain little mercury if any too, but the fact is mercury is toxic in any form and it should have never been in vaccines to begin with. Besides that they fail to mention the vaccines it was removed from are still being given out until they expire in late 2009 or they run out. Anyway, what about all those other toxic ingredients vaccines contain? http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm If people really knew this would they allow themselves and their children to be injected with this sh*t?
When I was a child the schedule was 10 vaccines before I started school. Now most children are given 36 before they turn 2. The first one is now given within 10 hours of birth. Doesn't that seem a little extreme? Is there not a such thing as too much? Maybe some of these kids immune systems aren't strong enough to handle all of those shots. Maybe their systems can't excrete all the chemicals like other kids. The fact is autism has went from around 1 in 10,000 in 1994 to as much as 1 in every 53 now. It is beyond epidemic. When will more people start questioning things? I'm convinced it's not all genetic. Genetic disorders don't increase like this and thats a fact. I think theres a genetic predisposition, but there has to be something triggering it. Rather it be vaccines, pesticides, chemicals in the air I'm convinced it's something....Children don't just quit talking and quit doing things they once did overnight.
The autism increase is not all children being over diagnosed either. Sure there are some are diagnosed with aspergers that shouldn't be, but doctors are obviously wrong sometimes anyway. Besides aspergers there has still been a several 100% increase in autism rates in the last 15 years. Whats the explanation for those?

no photo
Tue 01/20/09 09:35 AM

Actually our country needs our government to light a fat joint before any decision making.

They would make better decisions, I bet.

no photo
Tue 01/20/09 09:31 AM
It's so sad that little girl had to go through that. No one should be forced into a situation like that, especially a child. She was very brave to stand up for herself.

no photo
Tue 01/20/09 09:26 AM

Now you are blaming Chrisitans for what the Radical Muslims are doing and saying.Nice one!Anything else you want to use Christianity as a scapegoat for?Maybe you can blame Christians for you high electric bill or maybe you can blame them for your late truck payment.You have blamed them for everything else.

You sure do love putting words into the mouths of others, but yeah.... we can't stop blaming christians for everything when it's factually their fault all the time. laugh :tongue:

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25