Community > Posts By > msmyka

msmyka's photo
Thu 02/19/15 01:46 PM
If you're not compatible sexually that could mean you're only meant to be good friends.

msmyka's photo
Thu 02/19/15 01:41 PM
Southern California

msmyka's photo
Thu 02/19/15 01:15 PM
Set up your "who can mail you" restrictions... problem solved.

msmyka's photo
Thu 02/19/15 01:13 PM
YOLO... it's just moronic.

msmyka's photo
Thu 02/19/15 01:10 PM
We all feel that way at times, I just recently went through a break up so I'm REALLY feeling it right now.

msmyka's photo
Thu 02/19/15 01:06 PM
German cars in general are high maintenance... I'll keep my Honda with its awesome gas mileage :)

msmyka's photo
Thu 02/12/15 09:18 AM
I try not to do a lot of that in front of anyone, ever. It's kinda gross and rude lol

msmyka's photo
Thu 02/12/15 09:16 AM
Edited by msmyka on Thu 02/12/15 09:17 AM

That after so many heartbreaks my heart will just stop letting people in.

One of the things I see in a lot of women is that they are looking for someone else to take charge of their happiness.

What that means is that in the end, if they leave, they leave with your happiness. In a way, it means they control you, because of the fear of losing them.

Find the things that make *you* happy. take control back. Your self esteem will rise when its not hinged upon guys that actively bash down your self esteem. Then when you find the next man, its not happiness, its for companionship, friendship, and, if everything goes right, love as well.

I wish you well, and hope you find happiness where it matters.... inside you.
senrik

I see many men do this as well. Luckily I am quite independent and have always had my own life outside of my relationships so this is not an issue for me. My thing is that I always want to try to work through the issues instead of just walking away when it's not working. I see this as a virtue but it's kicked me in the butt more than a few times.

msmyka's photo
Thu 02/12/15 09:13 AM
Scoobert I'm glad you decided to take it! I can understand why some would be hesitant but it's not like reading about your astrological sign. You answer the questions about how you behave in situations so the outcome is bound to be at least somewhat correct. I have known a few people that sway between S-N T-F and J-P but mostly I and E are pretty set in stone.

I have learned quite a few important things about myself since taking the test though. One being that I'm the rarest type for a female which explains why I act so NOT like a girl. Two being my type SUCKS at relationships which explains the past 20 years of my life slaphead

msmyka's photo
Wed 02/11/15 03:44 PM
Check you out Txs... you're like the Mingle President or something :tongue:

msmyka's photo
Wed 02/11/15 03:04 PM

Ah...nobody else is ENTJ...? oh Steve Jobs and Whoopi Goldberg...

Just took the test...professionally it's correct...

I'm an assertive analyst.. powerhouse...laugh

My aunt is an ENTJ.... the two of us together are just trouble

msmyka's photo
Wed 02/11/15 01:47 PM
Edited by msmyka on Wed 02/11/15 01:48 PM

I've taken this before, a much longer version, and got intj. this one gave me intp, so guess the int part fits great, but I swing frim j to p....interesting however both still fit

Hahaha shocking... you're like me LOL

Also you can change over time, going from J to P means you're less judgmental and that's probably a good thing.

msmyka's photo
Wed 02/11/15 01:21 PM
Hahahaha oh geez! slaphead

msmyka's photo
Wed 02/11/15 01:08 PM
HA! That is a very ISTJ thing to do LOL

msmyka's photo
Wed 02/11/15 12:25 PM
I hear ya, there's some I could go either way on as well but I found that my type is spot on for me.

msmyka's photo
Wed 02/11/15 12:16 PM
It only works if you're totally honest about how you react to the situations they ask about.

msmyka's photo
Wed 02/11/15 11:59 AM
Edited by msmyka on Wed 02/11/15 12:04 PM
My type is INTJ - Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging

I -�� Introversion preferred to extraversion: INTJs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy)
N - Intuition preferred to sensing: INTJs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities
T -�� Thinking preferred to feeling: INTJs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference or sentiment. When making decisions they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations
J -�� Judgment preferred to perception: INTJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability, which to perceptive types may seem limiting

It's one of the rarest types and is even more rare to be a woman with this type. I find that is suites me just fine until I get to the relationship part and then I realize why mine always fail.

msmyka's photo
Wed 02/11/15 11:56 AM
Edited by msmyka on Wed 02/11/15 12:01 PM
Anyone here familiar with this? A lot of schools and work places require this test to be taken so they can understand what kind of person you are.

If you haven't taken it and you would like to know your personality type you can take it here

www.16personalities.com

If you have, what's you're type and how does that affect your life and relationships.

Here's a little more verbiage on the test itself:

The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions.[1][2][3] These preferences were extrapolated by Katharine Cook Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers from the typological theories proposed by Carl Gustav Jung, and first published in his 1921 book Psychological Types (English edition, 1923[4]). Jung theorized that there are four principal psychological functions by which we experience the world: sensation, intuition, feeling, and thinking.[5] One of these four functions is dominant most of the time.

The original developers of the personality inventory were Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter, Isabel Briggs Myers. After extensively studying the work of Jung, they turned their interest in human behavior into a devotion to turn the theory of psychological types to practical use.[2][6] They began creating the indicator during World War II in the 1940s[2] through their own original research,[2] with the belief that a knowledge of personality preferences would help women who were entering the industrial workforce for the first time to identify the sort of war-time jobs that would be "most comfortable and effective"[1]:xiii for them. The initial questionnaire grew into the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator, which was first published in 1962. The MBTI is constructed for normal populations and emphasizes the value of naturally occurring differences.[7] Robert Kaplan and Dennis Saccuzzo stated that "the underlying assumption of the MBTI is that we all have specific preferences in the way we construe our experiences, and these preferences underlie our interests, needs, values, and motivation

msmyka's photo
Wed 02/11/15 11:51 AM
Hahhahaha that was a contest? So funny I forgot all about that.

msmyka's photo
Wed 02/11/15 10:25 AM
That after so many heartbreaks my heart will just stop letting people in.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25