Community > Posts By > msmyka

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 03:32 PM

She IS my soul mate, but not in a sexual way. Maybe that means none of my relationships will ever pan out. Maybe we only get one soul mate and sometimes it's not a romantic love.

Isn't a soulmate supposed to be all of the things that complete u in a way, including being a romantic love?

According to the dictionary :

soul mate
noun
a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 03:28 PM
She IS my soul mate, but not in a sexual way. Maybe that means none of my relationships will ever pan out. Maybe we only get one soul mate and sometimes it's not a romantic love.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 03:22 PM

I think this has always happened to me without actually asking... My BF has always given me her opinion whether I asked for it or not on just about everything including men. bigsmile

It's been like that for us too, I feel like I should have put more stock in her opinion in the past.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 03:21 PM
I suppose I should explain that my IQ is 145 (very high) and my EQ (the emotional version of IQ) is BELOW average.

What does this mean? I'm highly logical and very smart but when it comes to matters of the heart I'm ill equipped.

My best friend is a full blown em-path, which means shes a pro at that touchy feely crap.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 03:16 PM

A second opinion, after the friend has spent some quality together time with you both...would not be a bad idea to get a different perspective..
But in the end, it's your choice alone

:thumbsup:

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 03:12 PM

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be able to relate to this so here goes...I have a best friend, who has been my friend and even more like a sister since we were in elementary school. She knows me better than anyone and her opinion means the world to me.I, admittedly, am not the best at selecting men for myself. Any guy who was worthy, I scared away somehow and any guy who wasn't got to stick around way longer than I should have let him. My best friend (who I also call my wifey, and no not in a sexual way) likes to tell me after the fact that she never liked the guy or that I'm dumb for letting a good guy get away.I've decided that since I SUCK at choosing men for myself, I should obtain her approval before getting serious with anyone.
Sounds like a pretty good plan eh?

nope. figure out what youre doing wrong and change what you need to change to attract the man you weant

Oh I know what's wrong and that's why I'm suggesting I need help. I'm like emotionally retarded or something (not making fun of the word retard, I mean it in the literal sense)

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 03:11 PM

Opinions should be welcomed from those you love but ultimately only you can change running from good men.
No matter how many people tell you how great he is...only you can make that decision .

Completely agree, I'm too headstrong to let anyone make my decisions for me. That's not what I meant to imply at all.

I'm perfectly capable of deciding what's best for me but as you know, love can make you blind to the red flags.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 03:08 PM

I've decided that since I SUCK at choosing men for myself, I should obtain her approval before getting serious with anyone.

I totally relate. I definitely think it's a good idea to check in with your best friend and tell her you want her honest opinion at the beginning stages of seeing someone new. You may not be willing/able to write off the ones that aren't worthy of your time right off the bat, but you can at least keep her assessment in the back of your mind. Maybe it's like strike one and two? And you can decide when strike three comes and move on.

Yeah this is where my line of thinking is at. I honestly thought more people would be able to relate. I can't get behind the line of thinking that mine is the only relevant opinion. I prefer my life to be harmonious and it wouldn't be if the people in my life didn't at least accept the guy I'm with.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 02:49 PM

Only problem with that is, she will be looking..
for something wrong.

There is always going to be something..somewhere
if y'all look hard and long enough.

Then, does he need to please her too?
Or will you be displeased if he does not try?
I am exhausted already thinking of the ramifications.

Just run him through a TSA screening at the airport.
Their findings are usually concrete.

Ah well it's not all that serious. I guess approval was the wrong word as it suggests he gets one chance to prove himself or be damned?

I don't mean it that way, only that her opinion is important to me.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 02:39 PM
So basically you guys are all saying who cares what your friends think and do whatever you want regardless?

I do care though, she's more important to me than any guy ever has been. Seems like best friend to some people means "least objectionable person in your life" lol

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 02:33 PM
Exactly ... And there's also a theory that Tyrion is a Targaryen as well. That his mother had a fling with the mad King and he's not a Lannister at all.

The Dragon has 3 heads. shocked

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 02:24 PM
LOL I'm not saying she should be the sole deciding factor, just that she should meet them early on and let me know if she picks up on something I don't.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 01:57 PM
I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be able to relate to this so here goes...

I have a best friend, who has been my friend and even more like a sister since we were in elementary school. She knows me better than anyone and her opinion means the world to me.

I, admittedly, am not the best at selecting men for myself. Any guy who was worthy, I scared away somehow and any guy who wasn't got to stick around way longer than I should have let him. My best friend (who I also call my wifey, and no not in a sexual way) likes to tell me after the fact that she never liked the guy or that I'm dumb for letting a good guy get away.

I've decided that since I SUCK at choosing men for myself, I should obtain her approval before getting serious with anyone.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 01:47 PM
Neither, both, somewhere in between. It's not that important to be honest.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 01:45 PM
Maybe, someday... you never know...

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 01:34 PM
My quote of the day comes from an episode of Game of Thrones from a few weeks back ...

“That’s what I do: I drink and I know things.” - Tyrion Lannister

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 01:26 PM
Edited by msmyka on Mon 06/20/16 01:30 PM
LOL Obviously he would have taken after his mothers side with the "Northern" looks.

We don't know about the burning, we haven't seen him come into contact with fire yet.

In the show they make several comments about him looking like Ned but that it was not in Ned's character for him to have slept with a whore.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 12:54 PM
The most accepted theory is that his parents are Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen.

Lyanna was betrothed to Robert Baratheon but was "kidnapped" by the then prince and heir to the throne Rhaegar Targaryen. This is what started Roberts rebellion which ended with the Mad King dead, killed by Jamie Lannister (which is why he is called kingslayer), Lyanna dead, Rhargar dead and Robert on the throne. I say "kidnapped" because the going theory was that she went willingly because she was in love with him.

That's why they were showing flashbacks earlier this season of what happened with Ned at the Tower of Joy during Roberts rebellion. The idea is that Lyanna died giving birth and told Ned to "promise her" that he would take care of the baby who we actually believe is Jon Snow.

If this theory pans out to be true, he has more claim to the throne than anyone else. Including Daenerys and her Dragons.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 12:15 PM
Love will come when you're ready for it, money is always there for the taking if you're willing to work for it.

They are not mutually exclusive.

As far as relationships are concerned, it's important to have your finances in order so you don't end up becoming a burden or dependent on someone else. You should be in a relationship because you want to be not because you need to be.

msmyka's photo
Mon 06/20/16 12:12 PM
I'm not "old" but I've been here since 2008 as well :)

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25