Community > Posts By > trackcoachred

trackcoachred's photo
Mon 03/19/18 06:33 PM
It would be to my benefit. I would at least ask nicely.

trackcoachred's photo
Fri 03/16/18 07:39 PM

Im looking for another iced unsweetened black tea... *slurp*

This is a GREAT choice... :)

Coach!

Always unsweetened if purchased at the fancy smancy coffee place.. *nodnod*

pulling my jug of sun brewed iced tea in off the porch and adding a ton of ice... "that young lady is y fancy smancy iced tea place.." lol

trackcoachred's photo
Fri 03/16/18 03:28 PM

Im looking for another iced unsweetened black tea... *slurp*

This is a GREAT choice... :)

trackcoachred's photo
Fri 03/16/18 04:40 AM
Would be satisfied with just observing her encourage other people. Always a much needed gift.

trackcoachred's photo
Fri 03/16/18 04:28 AM
Two beautiful horses in the dark, before sunrise. Shadows in the dark, closing the distance, so happy to see me. lol.. of course, I was holding breakfast.

trackcoachred's photo
Mon 03/12/18 08:14 PM
Interesting question. I am not someone who seeks instant success or dreams about it, but if I was surprised with instant weath, what would I do.

I like to think I would be generous and would use the money in ways that would make a difference for those around me, but I suspect that I would do far less than that. My guess is that as rapidly as my bank accounts grew, so would my temptation to use money as security and to hold onto it "just in case".

I have been blessed with the ability to work hard and the opportunity to be paid well for what I do; blessed with the foresight to save some aside and buy and sell at the right times, allowing me to protect my family and my grandchildren's future. My goal is to live generously and not just give from my excess but to give as I am given opportunity. That means when I cross paths with someone who is asking for help, or stopping in my busy tracks to listen to someone who's need is my time, or contributing to a charity that is able to multiply my gift.

Maybe I am wrong but I think this is the lottery. That it's not how much I have or how much I give, but rather, what I value and how I share.

I am fully aware that taking care of my family and their future first, is in fact selfish and contradicts my goal to live generously. I find it incredibly difficult to not live selfishly, but I will continue to try and figure it out..

trackcoachred's photo
Mon 03/12/18 07:44 PM
trivial

trackcoachred's photo
Mon 03/12/18 07:40 PM

When you see someone dragging toilet paper on their shoe, their short tail hanging out of their zipper, mustard at the corner of their mouth, their wig or toupee askew, or other potential embarrassing (for them) situations....would you tell them?

Darn. I was hoping nobody noticed! The only correction is that it’s my real hair but is often “askew”. As for the rest it was because ... well, kind of a long story. I mean usually... hmm, ok it is my normal look, but I am working on it. Ummm... starting tomorrow! :grinning:

Oh. Thanks for not mentioning the other embarrassing situations. :grinning:

I wouldn’t probably not run my fingers through a strange man’s hair. I’m probably not going to tell him his hair is a mess either. That would probably be thought rude.

Funny story...I once tucked the shirt tag on a strange man’s neck. I always tuck my sons neck tag in when he’s standing in front of me, so it was an instinct, auto-pilot move. The man turned around and gave me a wtf look. I realized what I’d done and was completely mortified! I told him Indid it to my grown son so many times I don’t even think about it anymore. I was relieved when he laughed.

lol. I think most men have had a "mom" we didn't know take care of us simply out of habit..

I coach college athletes and they are never afraid to "fix me" when I need it..lol. And yeah... probably not wise to tell a stranger their hair is a mess.. although each situation is unique..lol

trackcoachred's photo
Mon 03/12/18 07:35 PM

Snow falling during my walk...

yes. I had a chance to walk for a bit in that snow today.. it was beautiful and before it was over the sun came out as well.. very cool.

trackcoachred's photo
Mon 03/12/18 06:51 AM
Awesome so far. Lol

trackcoachred's photo
Mon 03/12/18 06:46 AM

When you see someone dragging toilet paper on their shoe, their short tail hanging out of their zipper, mustard at the corner of their mouth, their wig or toupee askew, or other potential embarrassing (for them) situations....would you tell them?

Darn. I was hoping nobody noticed! The only correction is that it’s my real hair but is often “askew”. As for the rest it was because ... well, kind of a long story. I mean usually... hmm, ok it is my normal look, but I am working on it. Ummm... starting tomorrow! :grinning:

Oh. Thanks for not mentioning the other embarrassing situations. :grinning:

trackcoachred's photo
Mon 03/12/18 06:44 AM

trackcoachred's photo
Mon 03/12/18 06:34 AM
Mario, a 12 year old yellow lab, staying with me for 2 weeks. Watching him take advantage of plenty of land to explore. Acting like a young pup, full of life and loyalty.

trackcoachred's photo
Fri 03/09/18 06:30 AM

Fabulous!

Because you woke up to sunshine? you are very welcome. It was hard lugging it but I made it. lol

trackcoachred's photo
Thu 03/08/18 08:14 PM
Home and my backyard :grinning:

trackcoachred's photo
Mon 03/05/18 07:08 AM
No. I mean I would have being big and brave and all, but I have this horrible fear of falling and an even greater fear of landing.. :)

Have you ever seen a grown man cry?

trackcoachred's photo
Mon 03/05/18 06:09 AM
I am somewhat . I can hold one if you hand it to me but if one surprises me in nature I jump. Lol. My mom hated snakes. She didn’t even like to see a picture of them.

Have you ever watched a bear fish for salmon?

trackcoachred's photo
Sun 03/04/18 08:58 PM

Oh, no worrys.
I only posted what I did, as I did because many people are really confused about love and struggle for clarity.
I just feel it was important to point out that misconceptions happen frequently and are perpetuated without intention.

On the surface, things look rosy but when examined in depth, with accuracy, they get muddled, so often what happens when contemplating love.

I have found that most of the time, not all the time, we tend to make things more complicated than they need to be. I really don't know why? Perhaps it has to do with the stark cold finality of reality?

The point I was making, and will continue to make, is that love is purely a personal perception and we can never hope to be able to make someone else feel what we feel inside.

not worried.. I meant what I said. I appreciated your thoughts and input. On this topic I suspect our views are not that far apart.

I view love as an action and a choice, which may be quiet different than a "perception", but I have no argument with the our inability to control how someone else thinks or feels toward us.

Don't hesitate to call me out if I say something resembling "crap" lol. Have a great night Tom. :)

trackcoachred's photo
Sun 03/04/18 08:44 PM
What a beautiful town. We have our annual team camp a little south. A wonderful field trip is going to Traverse City. Last summer (labor day weekend) we were there for the cherry festival and were able to see a great air show over the lake. Beautiful.

Have you ever ran into a bear on a hike?

trackcoachred's photo
Sun 03/04/18 08:36 PM
Edited by trackcoachred on Sun 03/04/18 08:38 PM

We call a lot of things love and it can be confusing. If you want romantic love or someone to meet your needs, you prioritize attraction in body and personality and hope it’s mutually sincere. Online is as good as any place to start if you are careful. A lifetime love though requires unconditional love on your part though and a generous dose of Grace. No partner will be able to go a lifetime without letting you down, but forgiveness is an incredible antidote to bitterness and frustration. If you seek someone worthy of your lifetime of unconditional love, be cautious. Online may be a starting point but it’s easy even for the sincere to be less than forthcoming.

Instead of seeking to be overcome by love or a victim of love, seek someone worthy and choose to love them regardless of what you get in return.

What a load of crap.
Lets look at what you wrote for a second.
We call a lot of things love and it can be confusing.
I dunno about you but I KNOW when I feel love for someone, its not confusing.
If you want romantic love or someone to meet your needs, you prioritize attraction in body and personality and hope it’s mutually sincere.
HOPE is a fantasy. You can't realistically expect to base the reality of life on a fantasy. Love is an emotional state. Not sure about you but my emotions don't control me, I control them.
Online is as good as any place to start if you are careful.
Only if you have already exhausted all possible real life options, which indicates, desperation.
A lifetime love though requires unconditional love on your part though and a generous dose of Grace.
First, a lifetime love requires, by definition, an entire lifetime of loving. Plus, there is no such thing as unconditional love.
No partner will be able to go a lifetime without letting you down, but forgiveness is an incredible antidote to bitterness and frustration.
The very concept of forgiveness indicates that expectations have not been met. At what point do I have to live up to your expectations and how is that considered love?
If you seek someone worthy of your lifetime of unconditional love, be cautious.
By definition this statement is contradictory. Worthy and unconditional do not fit. Can't you see that being worthy is a condition?
Online may be a starting point but it’s easy even for the sincere to be less than forthcoming.
Again, contradictory as in sincerity implies honesty and less than forthcoming implies lying.

Wonderful words thrown together may fool some of the people most of the time but some people need more than words for meaning. They have to make sense.

The only real truth concerning love is that it is something that is felt within. Its up to each of us to determine how that love manifests in our relationships with those we love. There is no guarantee than our love will be returned to us in any way shape or form from anyone else.
When we give our love freely to those we love, it is only by chance that we receive any in return. To place a stipulation on the love we give, for love being returned is merely bargaining for a beneficial outcome.
I give my love freely.

I am glad that you are not confused Tom. If you give your love freely without expecting anything in return then you are practicing unconditional love. I am not sure that we disagree on this at all.

However, I do know couples who started out on line and were successful. I don't have the experience to encourage or discourage it.

I would also suggest that everyone does not have as clear of an understanding as you do as to what love is. I simply choose not to debate whether what they are looking for is good or bad.

Finally, please don't accuse me of using wonderful words, I only use the vocabulary my current education allows.

You are correct and I worded the "sincere"/"less that forthcoming" poorly.. lack of wonderful words because wonderful words would be consistent, right? :)

My point was that even someone who is not intentionally being "devious" and "deceptive" might still hold something back that would be obvious if you met in person. I should have communicated better.

I did struggle with the word worthy. I was simply trying (and failing) to imply that to offer unconditional love in a lifetime relationship should be done with considerable thought and caution.

We might completely disagree on the concept of forgiveness. In my view, forgiveness is necessary when there is perceived harm. That harm could have something to do with expectations (a child feeling abandoned by a parent) or real harm. The point of forgiveness, in my view, is not to allow the other person "off the hook" but rather to free yourself from the control they have over you.

Have a great day and I do appreciate your input and breaking it down. I have noticed your posts and you are very thoughtful and direct in your responses. I will choose my words a little more carefully and respond a little less frequency.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9