Community > Posts By > CircuitRider

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 04:26 PM
Edited by CircuitRider on Fri 03/13/09 04:29 PM
The erosion of The Posse Comitatus Act began...

HERE>(Little Rock, Arkansas)

To comply with the Brown v. Board decision, plans were made to integrate Central High School in September of 1957. When nine black high school students arrived to attend Central High, they were met by an angry crowd. Despite his pledges of cooperation, the governor of Arkansas, Orval Faubus, in fact, ordered the Arkansas National Guard to keep the black students, known as the "Little Rock Nine," out of the school.

Faced with this defiance of a federal court order, President Dwight Eisenhower responded by sending troops from the 101st Airborne to Little Rock with orders to protect the nine students. Eisenhower also federalized the Arkansas National Guard. This marked the first time since Reconstruction that federal troops were sent to the South. This incident was the first of several in which the governor of a state refused to ensure a peaceful process of integration and thereby forced the President of the United States to act.

Read More at:

http://faculty.smu.edu/dsimon/Change-Civ%20Rts.html

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 02:25 PM

Or when they send you a picture of you speeding/running a red light, simply mail back a picture of the check you wrote out for the ticket. bigsmile

that has happened, they just send back a picture of handcuffs and a jail cell.

:laughing: rofl :laughing:

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 01:56 PM
This is why I refer people I meet to GotQuestions.org;

http://www.gotquestions.org

Their answers are checked and double-checked, clear, and written plain enough that most people can understand them...:smile:

I hadn't read their question of the week yet... Thanks for sharing...flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 12:07 PM

i bet they use the same speech writers.

rofl

drinker

U.S. taxpayers paying for it.

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 12:02 PM
Edited by CircuitRider on Fri 03/13/09 12:05 PM

the interesting thing is, our bible tells us basically the same thing. it warns of letting women get to far ahead of themselves. the bible itself says that the man is the master and the woman must obey. tell me you would hate that situation. ha....

Maybe we should put them in a steel-cage, let the two of them duke it out to be the beast of Revelations?

I can deal with a woman that wants to be boss... just go get another one...:banana:

Idiotic politicians and rulers, I cannot...frustrated

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 11:58 AM

he's saying the same things as obama.rofl rofl rofl

Wha - wha - what?? THAT'S Plagiarism.

Why he oughta be sued!

But seriously, yes, it does sound like Obama. drinker

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 11:52 AM
Edited by CircuitRider on Fri 03/13/09 11:53 AM
..."Iran can present new ideas and views, which the world will need in the future, he added."

Let me guess... hmmmmm.... His first idea would to seperate men and women, next would to have women cover their faces, then, prayers would be mandatory 5 times a day - facing Mecca.

No Thanks Mahmoud ...noway (Mr. intentionally omitted.)

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 11:25 AM

Whew... Hypoglycemia is dangerous! Glad he is alright...

Our Prayers are going out still for you and your Family...flowerforyou

Bro Clark

he does not have hypoglycemia.. hes a diabetic

As a technicality;

For people with diabetes, a blood glucose level below 70 mg/dl is considered hypoglycemia.

Once it hits 70 mg/dl, blood sugar levels can drop drastically. Diabetics develop a condition called Hypoglycemia Unawareness. They often don't realize the signs, or even when they develop symptoms that they are in trouble.

Less than 50 mg/dl is considered critical.

On the Ambulance, our Protocol was to give Glucose if capillary (metered) blood sugar was anything 80 mg/dl or less.

Your son's level at 32 mg/dl was way below critical.

http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/hypoglycemia/

(I suffer from "Fasting hypoglycemia" and had my level drop to 34 mg/dl... I swore no more, never again!noway

It is a terrible feeling... I now have to check my sugar 2X day, or if I feel faint/weak.)

thank you, im also a diabetic and when i dont feel good i check my suger more than once a day, i dont have low level that often.
he seem to be good this morn, but i told my sister to check his suger more through, and he has dialysis later today(for his reg run) for they had a issue with his arm on wed so they couldnt do the treatment so he went in yesterday(thrusday) and did it. we were also thinking that sense his schedule was messed up that could had been why his level was way ouf wak

I would imagine his schedule being messed up might cause his sugar to be low...

We'll keep you all in our Prayers.flowerforyou

{{{{Hugs}}}}

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 11:18 AM
Edited by CircuitRider on Fri 03/13/09 11:20 AM
Mississippi is banning Red Light cameras!

Some lawmakers say emergency responders and vehicles in funeral processions have been ticketed for running red lights.

(House Bill 1568.)

It is awaiting Gov. Haley Barbour's signature...(He is expected to sign it.)

Cameras already installed must be removed by October 1st.

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 10:15 AM

Mo' money fo' da' cities where ya' gets busted drivin' high.

Yeah... Yeah.... THEN they could put a limit on posession... say a quarter ounce at a time, seize anything more than that, then sell it on the open market.

Not only would they get the tax money at the start, they would get the fines from that, then 100% profit+taxes on the sale of the seized pot...

By George, I think they're onto something here...bigsmile

rofl

No pot-head with any self-respect would sport only a 1/4oz. Wouldn't keep them high enough, much less, sharing with friends.

That's why I said limit to 1/4oz.

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 10:11 AM
Edited by CircuitRider on Fri 03/13/09 10:12 AM
Legalizes POT...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090313/us_time/08599188495600

Will the Drug Cartel and Street Dealers be able to get Unemployment Benefits???huh

Or, will The Government give them 'Small Business Loans/Outright Grants' to open their own stores??

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 09:59 AM
Edited by CircuitRider on Fri 03/13/09 10:01 AM

Mo' money fo' da' cities where ya' gets busted drivin' high.

Yeah... Yeah.... THEN they could put a limit on posession... say a quarter ounce at a time, seize anything more than that, then sell it on the open market.

Not only would they get the tax money at the start, they would get the fines from that, then 100% profit+taxes on the sale of the seized pot...

By George, I think they're onto something here...bigsmile

rofl

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 09:45 AM
Edited by CircuitRider on Fri 03/13/09 09:49 AM
whoa ..."State revenues would be derived from a $50 per ounce levy on retail sales of marijuana and sales taxes."what slaphead

$50 per ounce?...shocked noway ...

think ...On second thought, that seems fair...:laughing:

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 09:33 AM
Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

By:ALISON STATEMAN / LOS ANGELES Alison Stateman / Los Angeles – 53 mins ago

Could marijuana be the answer to the economic misery facing California? Democratic State Assembly member Tom Ammiano thinks so. Ammiano introduced legislation last month that would legalize pot and allow the state to regulate and tax its sale - a move that could mean billions for the cash-strapped state. Pot is, after all, California's biggest cash crop, responsible for $14 billion in annual sales, dwarfing the state's second largest agricultural commodity - milk and cream - which brings in $7.3 billion annually, according to the most recent USDA statistics. The state's tax collectors estimate the bill would bring in about $1.3 billion in much-needed revenue a year, offsetting some of the billions in service cuts and spending reductions outlined in the recently approved state budget.

Read it all:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090313/us_time/08599188495600

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 09:03 AM
Edited by CircuitRider on Fri 03/13/09 09:16 AM

Bro Clark

he does not have hypoglycemia.. hes a diabetic

As a technicality;

For people with diabetes, a blood glucose level below 70 mg/dl is considered hypoglycemia.

Once it hits 70 mg/dl, blood sugar levels can drop drastically. Diabetics develop a condition called Hypoglycemia Unawareness. They often don't realize the signs, or even when they develop symptoms that they are in trouble.

Less than 50 mg/dl is considered critical.

On the Ambulance, our Protocol was to give Glucose if capillary (metered) blood sugar was anything 80 mg/dl or less.

Your son's level at 32 mg/dl was way below critical.

http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/hypoglycemia/

(I suffer from "Fasting hypoglycemia" and had my level drop to 34 mg/dl... I swore no more, never again!noway

It is a terrible feeling... I now have to check my sugar 2X day, or if I feel faint/weak.)

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 08:43 AM

Give me stength to climb it.

:thumbsup: thats the spirit

At least make it not seem so TALL

no photo
Thu 03/12/09 09:33 PM

Bro Clark

no photo
Thu 03/12/09 03:45 PM
oops CORRECTION!!!

That MIGHT be a 1951 Nash Ambassador Airflyte... Curtis Turner #41, signed on with NASH in 1951...oops

no photo
Thu 03/12/09 03:30 PM

To be honest, although I have seen them in the '50's, I couldn't remember for the life of me...frustrated

My brother (The NASCAR nut and former mechanic) told me what it is...:laughing:
tell bro thanks!

I did.. He says you're welcome!

The Hudson Motor Car Company made Hudson and other brand automobiles in Detroit, Michigan, from 1909 to 1954. In 1954, Hudson merged with Nash-Kelvinator Corporation to form American Motors. The Hudson name was continued through the 1957 model year, after which it was dropped.

THAT'S why it looks so much like a Hudson...

no photo
Thu 03/12/09 03:19 PM
Edited by CircuitRider on Thu 03/12/09 03:31 PM
To be honest, although I have seen them in the '50's, I couldn't remember for the life of me...frustrated

My brother (The NASCAR nut and former mechanic) told me what it is...:laughing:

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25