Community > Posts By > CircuitRider

no photo
Thu 03/12/09 03:14 PM
Edited by CircuitRider on Thu 03/12/09 03:15 PM

I know what it is... Do ya really wanna know?
Yes but not if it's some smartazz remark

1950 Nash Ambassador Airflyte...bigsmile

Now what did I win?..:banana: :banana:

no photo
Thu 03/12/09 03:08 PM
I know what it is... Do ya really wanna know?

no photo
Thu 03/12/09 08:50 AM

no father no son

There is to much historical evidence for the son, there are suggestive arguments for the father.

I am going to assume when you say 'son' that you are referring to Jesus.

What Evidence? What evidence is there that Jesus actually existed? What evidence is there that Jesus is true, why not the Egyptian god Horus, or any of the other gods that share their story with Jesus. not to mention that Christians can't even agree on the time period that Jesus was supposed to be alive in.

According to Luke Johnson, a New Testament scholar at Emory University,

Even the most critical historian can confidently assert that a Jew named Jesus worked as a teacher and wonder-worker in Palestine during the reign of Tiberius, was executed by crucifixion under the prefect Pontius Pilate and continued to have followers after his death.{1}

"Luke is the gospel writer who writes most self-consciously as an historian. In the preface to this work he writes:

Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile a narrative of the things which have been accomplished among us, just as they were delivered to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word, it seemed good to me also, having followed all things closely for some time past, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, that you may know the truth concerning the things of which you have been informed."

1. There was insufficient time for legendary influences to expunge the historical facts. The interval of time between the events themselves and recording of them in the gospels is too short to have allowed the memory of what had or had not actually happened to be erased.

2. The gospels are not analogous to folk tales or contemporary "urban legends." Tales like those of Paul Bunyan and Pecos Bill or contemporary urban legends like the "vanishing hitchhiker" rarely concern actual historical individuals and are thus not analogous to the gospel narratives.

3. The Jewish transmission of sacred traditions was highly developed and reliable. In an oral culture like that of first century Palestine the ability to memorize and retain large tracts of oral tradition was a highly prized and highly developed skill. From the earliest age children in the home, elementary school, and the synagogue were taught to memorize faithfully sacred tradition. The disciples would have exercised similar care with the teachings of Jesus.

4. There were significant restraints on the embellishment of traditions about Jesus, such as the presence of eyewitnesses and the apostles’ supervision. Since those who had seen and heard Jesus continued to live and the tradition about Jesus remained under the supervision of the apostles, these factors would act as a natural check on tendencies to elaborate the facts in a direction contrary to that preserved by those who had known Jesus.

5. The Gospel writers have a proven track record of historical reliability.

"C. S. Lewis was right when he said,

A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic--on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg--or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was and is the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon; or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us."

:thumbsup: drinker

no photo
Thu 03/12/09 08:38 AM

spock whoa rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Hey, there, Padre!!! flowers waving waving waving waving waving waving

waving{{{{Suzette}}}}flowers smitten

:laughing:

no photo
Thu 03/12/09 08:02 AM
"This to your "And They Walk Among Us List..."

Georgia inmate arrested trying to get back in jail

(AP) — Authorities say they arrested an escaped jail inmate trying to sneak back into the lockup with cigarettes allegedly stolen from a nearby store.

Sheriff Tommy Gregory said Saturday that 25-year-old Harry Jackson had opened a door to the exercise yard and climbed the outer fence.

Deputies found a jail door unlocked early Saturday and were looking for the inmate. They spotted Jackson trying to come back in and found 14 packs of cigarettes they believe were stolen from a convenience store about a block away.

Jackson faces new charges of breaking out of jail and burglary. He was already in jail in Camden County in far southeast Georgia for charges including possession of a controlled substance and violating probation.

slaphead frustrated rofl

no photo
Thu 03/12/09 12:14 AM
A woman was very distraught over the fact that she had not had a date or any sex for over 5 years.

She was afraid that she might have something wrong with her so she decided to seek the medical expertise of the well known Chinese sex therapist, Dr.. Chang.

Upon entering the examination room, Dr. Chang said, "O.K., take off all your crose."

The woman did as she was told.

"Now, get down and craw reery, reery fass to odder side of room."

Again, the woman did as she was instructed.

Dr. Chang then said, " O.K.. , now craw reery, reery fass back to me"

As the woman did what was asked of her, Dr. Chang shook his head slowly

"Your problem vewy bad. You have Ed Zachary Syndrome. Worse case I every see. Dat why you not haf sex or dates for so long."

The woman asked anxiously, "Oh my gosh, Dr. Chang, what is this Ed Zachary Disease?"

Dr. Chang sighed deeply and replied,
"Ed Zachary Syndrome is when your face look Ed Zachary like your butt."

:laughing: rofl :laughing:

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 11:42 PM

hun...you know more than anyone that i'm struggling. and actually they were very positive. i went to the negative. they actully was the main reason i left when i did...or i'd still be there

I've STILL got you in my Prayers...flowers

{{{BIG HUGS}}}

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 10:27 PM

I want to be off not just deactivated.

only way is to just deactivate. delete your pic and all your info and turn off your setting for mail

Yep, that's it just what "Queene123" said... There's no other way...

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 10:23 PM

Doesn't surprise me at all. The amount of hatred being riled up right now is going to cause some crazies to come out of the wood work.

That's one thing we can count on! An I'll wager it will be sudden and by the hundreds...frustrated

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 08:14 PM

i learned more things.....before i drank than anywhere

But, are they true?:smile:

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 07:37 PM
Edited by CircuitRider on Wed 03/11/09 07:38 PM

i'm self medicated....but something told me to go to the bar...i actually got spiritual awarenesss from them....was that God's calll?

huh No, Meds, Bars and Religion do not mix well.noway

flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 07:06 PM

LA school board approves notifying 8,800 employees of impending layoffs for next school year

LOS ANGELES (AP) — More than 8,800 teachers and other employees of the nation's second-largest school district will receive notices of impending layoffs for the next school year, Los Angeles school board members decided Tuesday.

The district, with 688,000 students, faces a $718 million budget shortfall.

Layoff notices will go out by March 15 and the actual number to be laid off will be determined no later than June 30.

A raucous group of nearly 50 teachers and a few parents disrupted the board meeting. The group announced it was staging an act of civil disobedience and came prepared to be taken away in handcuffs. Some had previously volunteered to be arrested.

However, district officials made no move to carry out arrests and the group abandoned its effort.

"We got our message across. We made the best of it. We'll move on from here," said A.J. Duffy, president of United Teachers Los Angeles.

Teachers said layoffs will increase classroom sizes, get rid of some of the younger, more energetic teachers due to seniority rules, and eliminate innovative programs.

"As it is, it's a struggle to reach every one of my students," said Gilliam Russom, a history teacher at Roosevelt High School.

More at:

http://www.courant.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-la-schools,0,2289545.story

I wonder.... is "The Governator" gonna "Outsource" this?...frustrated

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 05:31 PM
Edited by CircuitRider on Wed 03/11/09 05:55 PM
James 1:2-15 (King James Version)

2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

9 Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:

10 But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.

11 For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James%201;&version=9;

We as Christians, need to Stay Strong in our faith... Keep spreading The Word to anyone willing to listen... And uphold each other in Christian love... :heart:

That's the only way we can survive the things yet to come...:smile:

flowerforyou Nuff said.flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 05:02 PM
Edited by CircuitRider on Wed 03/11/09 05:03 PM

Toyko?!shocked

Yep,

Local fans thought the Colonel bore a resemblance to Randy Bass, a bearded power hitter and first baseman from the U.S. who played for the team at the time.

Fans often jump into the murky river to celebrate the team's successes, but there has been little to celebrate in recent years. Many fans feel the team has been plagued by the "curse of Colonel Sanders" since his effigy was submerged in 1985.

He's now in Police Custody...:cry:

I don't have the money to bail him out!frustrated

tears {{{Crys on Winx's shoulder}}}flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 04:30 PM
Edited by CircuitRider on Wed 03/11/09 04:57 PM
By JAY ALABASTER, Associated Press Writer Jay Alabaster, Associated Press Writer – Wed Mar 11, 1:47 am ET

TOKYO – He was covered in mud when pulled from the river, and had lost both legs and hands, not to mention his glasses. But Colonel Sanders still had his trademark smile, 24 years later.

A statue of the KFC mascot has been found in a river in Osaka, a city official said Wednesday, nearly a quarter century after being tossed in by crazed baseball fans who felt the image of restaurant founder Harland Sanders resembled a key team member.

Read more:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29629104/?GT1=43001

frustrated
I :heart: love LUV:heart: KFC... Why'd they do him that way?..:cry: rant frustrated

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 03:55 PM

Hey cr huggles yup in houston now or a suburb of, no I didn't move cause mikey is visiting Virginia lol missed ya too flowerforyou

waving Hi my Friend... Missed ya...flowerforyou

blushing :heart: {{{{Destiny}}}}:heart:

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 03:52 PM
Makes the old-time speed-traps look like child's play doesn't it? frustrated

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 03:41 PM

Day late and 50 cents short huh peccy...rofl Welcome back to you as well but watch out you will make Lee jealous tongue2

Thank you for the warm welcome oh late one flowerforyou

noway
You're in Texas now? noway slaphead

waving Hi my Friend... Missed ya...flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 02:22 PM
I saved a bundle on my Car Insurance by switching from Gecko... bigsmile

Cavemen need cheaper Car Insurance too!:banana:

:tongue:

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 12:10 PM
Edited by CircuitRider on Wed 03/11/09 12:16 PM

I believe that we're all spirits in a form. A higher power made us (not god) simply for the fact of generosity; To give us the chance of experiencing life. I can't believe in a god because if god was real, there would be no need for drama. I don't think that we're only given one life, infact I believe we all have been around and crossed paths at one time or another. Was there a jesus? Yeah, I can see jesus being a real person, but definitely not the son of christ. Maybe I'm ignorant; I've never read the bible, I've never been intrigued by it. I have a love for the life I'm given and often question why I'm here in the first place. This might make some people angry, but I believe Christianity is for people who fear death and need something to believe in. My mother is some what of a christian and my father is by far the opposite end. I'm glad that I had the freedom to believe in what I want to, and I am always open to being persuaded into conceiving any type of religion as long as it's believable.

#1) GOD is A SPIRIT....

#2) Jesus is The Christ (The Anointed One... The Son of GOD)... Born by a virgin, by The Spirit of GOD, without an 'earthly father'.
]:smile:

At the time of creation, our Creator (GOD) breathed HIS Spirit into mankind;

The Book of Genesis Chapter 2:7
(From The Torah in english.)

7 Then the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

That is what is supposed to seperate us from the animal kingdom. Our soul (GOD'S Spirit still in us, passed on from generation to generation) gives us our language skills, gives GOD the ability to see through our own eyes and hearts our sins against our fellow man and HIM, and gives us the ability to have dominion over all the earth;

The Book of Genesis Chapter 1:27
(From The Torah in english.)

27 And God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them. 28 And God blessed them; and God said unto them: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that creepeth upon the earth.'

Sadly, mankind has gone far beyond that... with the fall of mankind in the garden of eden. By his disobedience to GOD, mankind has caused the earth to be covered with violence, robbery and thievery. (And, we've got plenty of that going on!frustrated

So, how can you say "a higher power made us, but NOT GOD?"huh frustrated