mygenerationbaby's photo
Wed 01/27/10 01:29 AM
Good Idea. Now let's see. I am getting pretty old. And I am still not beachy. Maybe I should see the ocean more. That oughta make you real beachy, am i right?

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/21/10 01:35 AM
Can I go again? OK thanks.
This topic intrigues me because I thought i was the only one who was feeling bugged by little phrases.
The LOL, and all the other abbreviations bugs me.
It's like people are too lazy to type out real words, which just puts the burden on you to decipher the codes. If you think about it, it's just as easy to type. And a lot easier to read.

British English phrases are the worst sounding in my opinion.
...a bit
...bloody

and then there's the ch ch ch ch thing when a clerk is looking something up.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/21/10 01:23 AM

"Really???"

Why do people always say this after being told something?

Really, I didn't know they said that. It's a spacer, really. It just means, I'm listening tell me more. Kinda nice really.

OK, I can't believe no one said this yet:
at the end of the day.
At the end of the day, your whole world changes?
Guess people got sick of hearing "bottom line".

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sat 01/16/10 02:31 AM

By enticing my mind, of course. Engage the mind and the body is sure to follow.

And we have a winner, folks!

(The bad news: if you had to ask this question, you're probably going to need a lot of work, whoops, take no offense please)

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sat 01/16/10 02:23 AM

I think It's a desirable force.

Yes, and a forceful desire.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sat 01/16/10 02:18 AM
This is the usher speaking..."go to bed little ones, and take that raw fish with you!" Unless you're on the far side of the world, then carry on.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sat 01/16/10 02:09 AM
Edited by mygenerationbaby on Sat 01/16/10 02:13 AM

... comet aside, but I was actually referring to the Noth pole shifting S/E -- resulting in mass melting and subsequent flooding!!!

Actually it is the magnetic pole that moves, not the actual pole. Not only does the magnetic pole move, it actually switches with the south pole on a somewhat regular basis. The cause is unknown.

The actual pole is the axis of spin of the Earth in it's orbit.
The magnetic pole is caused by the solid iron core of the Earth spinning at a different speed from the the molten iron core that surrounds it. Internal radiation keeps it hot. The spinning creates a "dynamo" effect producing the magnetic field we see which defines the magnetic poles. It is always moving a little.

The actual pole of the Earth wobbles in a twenty six thousand year cycle called precession. The pole doesn't change in relation to the Earth but the whole Earth wobbles in relation to it's orbit. One twelfth of a wobble is know as an "age", such as the age of Aquarius. The change in "tilt" of the Earth's orbit in relation to the Sun would affect the climate (seasons) but not the amount of energy received by the Sun.

The History Channel did a nice piece on why the zodiac is what it is and is explained in the last third of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AskaziHAseA

Thanks for all the interesting information MetalWing
And to everyone in here: Great Discussion
Me? I don't have a clue. Love hearing what you have to say though.
And it's a good thing, any attempt to keep these UN debates going.
Thanks Mr. Obama...I hope your clean energy programs go far...and wide.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sat 01/16/10 01:57 AM
OK, here it is:

He who knows and doesn't know that he knows, is asleep...wake him
He who doesn't know, and doesn't know that he doesn't know, is a child... teach him
He who doesn't know, and thinks that he knows, is a fool...shun him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, is a wise man...follow him

You likey?

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sat 01/16/10 01:52 AM
What do you want, it's 3:46am where i exist...if I do exist. I better go with something simple. Now, I think Jane should come back in here, so we can explain why nobody is mad at anybody else. In the meantime, here is one you should hear, if you haven't heard it already. Sorry, unknown author:

Hold on I'm thinking of it...

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sat 01/16/10 01:45 AM
Oh Wow, I'm gone for a day and all of a sudden the thread about logical bullying gets all tangled up and everyone seems to be choking on wool.
..and glass rods, heh heh Physics joke. Let's lighten up people. If you want to discuss existentialism, I am well-studied. But as with all philosophy, existentialism doesn't exist...or does it? :banana: Hooray for dancing bananas..very nutritional..for the soul. OK, no dancing bananas.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/14/10 03:22 AM
Edited by mygenerationbaby on Thu 01/14/10 03:23 AM

you may be a wimmens trapped in a manbody!!! try dressing up as a beautiful lady. shave carefully (everywhere). put on some nice flattering base - something which compliments your natural coloration. maybe earth tones? and a nice matching blouse or dress. don't get too trashy but it is ok to show off your legs if they are really very nice.

go out dancing. someplace where the light is not too harsh.

and then, when the mood is right - you may find yourself in the arms of a young butch who will really appreciate you. give her and yourself a chance and once you've indulged your inner woman you may never be the same again!

drinker

laugh

just kidding!

Just kidding?
If deletions are necessary, this one would come before the one who started this intreging topic. Hello, is there anybody out there with reality of life on Earth in their scopes?

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/14/10 03:16 AM
We would like to know why Totages account has been deactived. Please provide specific and actual reasons for this. Thank you, my generation.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/14/10 03:09 AM
Edited by mygenerationbaby on Thu 01/14/10 03:12 AM

sometimes I think my life would be a lot better if I was born female. I mean I would certainly be lesbian, but sometimes it seems like my mind and personality is more femminine. I'm not saying I want to be a woman, or anything like that.

I'm just saying I've always felt ackward in life, especially around guys, like I'm not "one of the guys". I'm not into sports or cars or really much of anything that most guys are into. It seems that I'm more sensitive/ emotional than most men.

I don't know, I just kinda wonder sometimes if I were born female, if I would be more comfortable with myself. Not sure exactly what I'm trying to say here, or if it's even coming out right, but...

No problem. We all think about this stuff. I wanted to be a man....in my teen years, and a few beyond, very seriously. They have so much more power all the way around. Probably your life would be better as a female, psychologically speaking, also in languages, music and arts.. you can still do this in your next life, for real.. I'll sign a contract to trade places with you babe!!

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/14/10 03:05 AM
worry bout dat, as they say now adays

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/14/10 02:53 AM
And Yes, I coined a new word. Anybody can do it.
Freedom of Press.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/14/10 02:51 AM
She could explain the color but still they wouldn't have a clue...kinda like Republicans..i mean...The NitPicker Party....
booogers galore!!!!

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/14/10 02:48 AM
OK we're inpublic...so...the people can't see the color right?

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/14/10 02:47 AM
me dono
that's Hndi for Both of Us

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/14/10 02:45 AM
Edited by mygenerationbaby on Thu 01/14/10 02:46 AM
love love me
oops melove love

mygenerationbaby's photo
Thu 01/14/10 02:44 AM
to the paint store