Community > Posts By > singmesweet

no photo
Sat 12/14/13 12:18 PM

If people think it's ok....great. Not everyone thinks the same.

The topic is about opinions anyway. No proof needed....unless someone has a study on whether selfies kill brain cells or something :laughing:

Good grief Charlie Brown

I think the leaders of State should hold themselves to a higher standard.

Should they remain somber and serious, while the rest were celebrating Mandela's life?

no photo
Sat 12/14/13 09:12 AM
Why am I not surprised there is no reasoning behind it? haha.

Anyway, it wouldn't matter if world leaders attended the funeral I mentioned. The cameras were for everyone to use.

no photo
Sat 12/14/13 09:03 AM

ok

but when I go to a circus,, or attend a dance, I don't stare at the band the whole time they are on stage, or the actors in the circus

I also mingle and talk and possibly take photos with those around me

I think many americans do the same,,,,,,,,

I know someone who went to a funeral earlier this week. At the tables afterward, there were cameras for people to take pictures of themselves and other guests. According to what many said here, that would be inappropriate.

And that's a FUNERAL,, with a few intimate and personal friends and family

this was a memorial, at a stadium with thousands of people from all around the world, gathered for CELEBRATIO OF LIFE That lasted hours

more photos from the event americans assume should be somber

http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/650343-world-unites-for-mandela-memorial.html

WARNING: this page may offend those who find other cultural practices disrespectful or silly

Exactly. That happened at a funeral, that was a somber event, which is why I used it as a comparison. Does it happen at all funerals? Of course not. Is it terrible for happening at an event like that? Again, no.

no photo
Sat 12/14/13 09:00 AM

Ah, gotcha. It's different because they're world leaders, not real people.

No, you don't get me...... I consider world leaders real people....

Then please do explain why it was inappropriate in that particular setting.

no photo
Sat 12/14/13 08:43 AM
Edited by singmesweet on Sat 12/14/13 08:45 AM
Ah, gotcha. It's different because they're world leaders, not real people. Now it all makes sense, since they're not allowed to act like real people!!!

no photo
Sat 12/14/13 08:30 AM

ok

but when I go to a circus,, or attend a dance, I don't stare at the band the whole time they are on stage, or the actors in the circus

I also mingle and talk and possibly take photos with those around me

I think many americans do the same,,,,,,,,

I know someone who went to a funeral earlier this week. At the tables afterward, there were cameras for people to take pictures of themselves and other guests. According to what many said here, that would be inappropriate.

no photo
Sat 12/14/13 08:29 AM

Maybe those who find this disgraceful and disrespectful in this kind of setting (not a funeral/memorial service where people are somber) can explain why.

Can anyone explain why this has conservatives so upset?

You think this has conservatives upset?
It's not about being upset, it's about using any ammunition possible to attack the "opposition". And this is something that liberal do just much if not more than conservatives.

It's like when the mob used to say "this isn't personal it's business" only with this "it isn't personal, it's political". I can use that analogy without being accused of being disrespectful since I'mm Italian. laugh

Well, they're good at making themselves look stupid by attacking him about this.

You mean ALL of those conservatives are making themselves look the way SOME liberals did when they nitpicked anything and everything that Bush did? laugh

I've learned that those who accuse others are often guilty of their own accusations.

You are making a generalization about "conservatives" and painting them all with the same brush. It isn't fair or logical to do that with liberals or conservatives. SMH

End of report.

I'm talking about the conservatives who are making a big deal about this. If you'd like to accuse me of doing the same, at least be specific about it.

That being said, did anyone actually read the story from the photographer about the picture?

no photo
Fri 12/13/13 09:41 PM

Maybe those who find this disgraceful and disrespectful in this kind of setting (not a funeral/memorial service where people are somber) can explain why.

You think this has conservatives upset?
It's not about being upset, it's about using any ammunition possible to attack the "opposition". And this is something that liberal do just much if not more than conservatives.

It's like when the mob used to say "this isn't personal it's business" only with this "it isn't personal, it's political". I can use that analogy without being accused of being disrespectful since I'mm Italian. laugh

Well, they're good at making themselves look stupid by attacking him about this.

no photo
Fri 12/13/13 01:42 PM
Why worry about it?

no photo
Fri 12/13/13 01:31 PM
I don't really understand the point of this thread.

no photo
Fri 12/13/13 11:49 AM

Actually, as much wrong as I see happening in his tenure at the white house, meh I don't find fault in this. Americans need to learn that just because something is taboo here, doesn't mean it is in the rest of the world. Take nudity in europe as compared to here. I hope when it's my time to go, the booze and women flow freely!

I don't think they care about what is or isn't taboo. Some just have to make a huge deal out of anything the president does.

no photo
Fri 12/13/13 11:08 AM
This will go well...

no photo
Fri 12/13/13 08:50 AM

I received an email from a site that I no longer use... Advising me that I have matches.

I normally delete them, but I was curious.
All 3 guys had Profile no no's!sick

Guy # 1- said he's fun and laid back! Huge movie buff...and WORKAHOLIC! ok.. why are you dating if you are already dating work?
NEXT!
Guy #2- said, he's laid back and a healthy eater. he goes with the flow and follows a fitness regiment... he's all about fitness.
Ok, Ok... Every other word is fitness... Where the hell is the laid back and goes with the flow?noway

Guy #3- He TELLS US WOMEN, I'm 5'5 and weigh about 260 lbs! Ok.. this guy gets points for being honest, but DANG.. he does NOT need to be this honest. I say, let your profile speak for itself.. 5'5 fine... you can't change your height we notice right away! but Why bring up being 260 lbs? shocked

Ok, Ladies and Gents that was my no no's... anyone else want to add?

So, you'd rather these guys be less honest? Why?

no photo
Thu 12/12/13 07:22 PM
I think too many people define themselves and others by their jobs. I rarely ever ask about someone's job upfront. As I get to know them, I'll learn about it, but it's never a starting point for me.

no photo
Thu 12/12/13 07:20 PM

Hey kik! waving

How to kill a conversation....talk about sex right off..

What do you think about the article?

It was interesting and had its points.

Could you be anymore vague? Haha

no photo
Thu 12/12/13 01:18 PM

no photo
Thu 12/12/13 01:15 PM

My ex called it quits after a 15 year relationship. How do I start seeing other women without any practice? I'm a shy guy, and confrontation isn't one of my strengths. All input greatly appreciated.

Try getting out and making friends first. Get involved in activities that will allow you to meet others with the same interests.

no photo
Thu 12/12/13 01:13 PM
Well, despite losing your job, I hope you've realized that you're much more than your job!

no photo
Thu 12/12/13 10:56 AM

Hey kik! waving

How to kill a conversation....talk about sex right off..

What do you think about the article?

no photo
Thu 12/12/13 10:56 AM

This is a very good article Sing
WOW !
I enjoyed reading your thoughts
And it really does inspire a lot of humility in thinking
I wish i had something meaningful to add
But i am a simple man
And i never judge people as such
For anything but what i see in their kindness and friendship
Many would say i am a "Loser"
But i am PROUD to be me
And that's all i have to say about that ...

Happy Holidays lovely lady !
You are very unique and show much wisdom in your demeanor

flowerforyou

I didn't write the article.

Thanks, though!