Community > Posts By > singmesweet

no photo
Thu 12/26/13 10:09 AM
What do you expect from reality tv?

no photo
Thu 12/26/13 10:07 AM

How many times did we see or hear this?

Ah, so because some Peoria did that, you feel justified in wishing death on others?

no photo
Mon 12/23/13 11:32 AM

A relationship is a friend with benefits is it not?

Friends with benefits is sex. A relationship would be more, right?
I know that is what is meant by a friend with benefits..but a relationship is or should be the same, right..worked for me once

How are they the same? Fwb is about sex with no commitment.

no photo
Mon 12/23/13 11:21 AM

A relationship is a friend with benefits is it not?

Friends with benefits is sex. A relationship would be more, right?

no photo
Sat 12/21/13 10:19 AM
What a classy bunch of people who are actually happy he was in in the hospital.

no photo
Sat 12/21/13 10:01 AM

Because you want to impress them that's why you take them to expensive dinners, buy her expensive things and all. Who would've refuse such a tremendous offer, right. But you what, you must change the way you approach or treat a woman, impress them not with material things but with your personality something not tangible, I'm sure they would very much appreciate it.

My point was that in order for a man to get a women to get to know him in that sense he is expected to do these things and meet certain criteria which have nothing to do with who he is.

Do expensive dinners really impress you? So if one guy thought you were nice and wanted to go for coffee but he was short and average standing next too a guy who was tall, handsome, well dressed, and wanted to take you out to a fancy dinner but you could only choose one you'd choose the tall dark and handsome over the coffee guy because he was more impressive? What if the fancy guy was a boring stock broker and the coffee guy was a honorably discharged war hero who saved your life several times without you ever knowing about it, is the coffee guy still less impressive? And finally, what does being impressed by a resume have to do with who the person is. Based on that mentality your writing people off before you even know who they are...

Expensive dinners and buying expensive things don't impress me. Your attitude toward women and you're broad generalizations don't impress me, either.

Someone's job isn't going to impress me much, either. His attitude and personality will, though.

no photo
Sat 12/21/13 09:50 AM

So if I meet a girl and I want to get to know her the first thing I have to do is make sure I can afford her, why is that? I have to buy a women dinner or take her some place nice and preferably expensive because if I don't she won't even take the time to get to know me. To me, it seems incredibly vein.

Hmmm seems like a generalization.

If someone asks someone for a date why not pay? Even of it's the woman asking a man.

Some women prefer a non expensive date

Could be turned around. I know several guys that think they are owed "something" if they spend anything on a date

I'd rather get coffee or something to get to know a guy

That's why I prefer each person paying their own way on a first date. That way no one owes anyone anything.

no photo
Sat 12/21/13 09:49 AM

So if I meet a girl and I want to get to know her the first thing I have to do is make sure I can afford her, why is that? I have to buy a women dinner or take her some place nice and preferably expensive because if I don't she won't even take the time to get to know me. To me, it seems incredibly vein.

Why are you assuming all women are like those you've gone out with?

no photo
Thu 12/19/13 10:12 AM

If you're keen and actually show an interest in them you're being "pushy" and it's "pressure" but if you act like you're not that bothered they suddenly want to date you. Then they complain about there being a lack of genuine guys and how they keep ending up with jerks that can't really be bothered.

You'll have to ask these specific women why they're doing what they're doing, since not all women are the same.

no photo
Thu 12/19/13 06:10 AM

I wonder why so many people are so uptight about getting off site to talk? I get not wanting to tell really personal stuff but not like a little conversation is telling state secrets. Any ideas besides the obvious scammers?

A lot of people don't want to spend a long time emailing back and forth and want to meet quickly. So, that's probably a reason why.

no photo
Wed 12/18/13 01:48 PM

there were norse legends that coincided with the historical Greek person, Saint Nicolas

who appeared to be, at the least, not a pale man

I stand corrected,,,

If being white means you have to be pale then being black means you can't have a complexion that is closer to a brown tone.

I'm of Italian heritage. While many Italians have an olive complexion, much like many Greeks, they are still considered to be Caucasian, AKA white.

Skin tone isn't THE determining factor, if it was there would be very few people who would be considered to be black or white. SMH

If people are going to split straws they should split them all.

I Don't really care personally if he is called white or black,,

in context of this story though,, we are talking about dress up

so, people can 'look' very much alike even though they are from different races,, this saint Nicolas, greek, white, or whatever, looks very much like one of my own brothers who is nne of he above

so to singe the students choice of character out for racial reasons is quite ridiculous,,,even more so, because race isn't just about skin color ,

did he single out other students in reindeer costumes, because, well reindeers aren't humans?

Since when are people only white or black?

no photo
Wed 12/18/13 12:02 PM
If you talk to those on Fox, they'll insist he's white. Haha.

no photo
Wed 12/18/13 11:45 AM

I think he was out of line because of the CONTEXT in which he spoke

not because it was wrong

historically , Santa is based upon a white man,, however, if the students all were given Santa as a choice,,and especially if the other two choices were elf and reindeer,

it was out of line to chastise the black child for choosing Santa Claus

how many young girls dress as native americans or pocohontas? its dress up for kids and there shouldnt be such focus on race

That's where people are confused. Historically, Santa is not based on a white man.

no photo
Wed 12/18/13 07:33 AM
It annoyed me to see a long time member of this site get harassed and chased away because some take every thread too seriously.

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 10:05 AM
Race has never been a big deal to me, but I don't have the patience to deal with those who make it a big deal.

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 09:47 AM
Along those lines, I get tired of messages asking if I date _______ (fill in the blank - black, white, Asian, Indian and so on) men. I date seine because I like them, not because of their race. And I'm not into guys who make a big deal about race.

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 06:47 AM

Sometimes you think a person is really hot but then you read the profile and just know you are not the make and model they desire.So every now and then I take another peek and say, I know it won't be me but damn that woman's fine!

Isn't that a little weird to do over and over without saying a word?

I wrote every now and then. :wink:

Still, if you keep looking at someone's profile without saying anything, it's a bit weird.

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 05:54 AM

Sometimes you think a person is really hot but then you read the profile and just know you are not the make and model they desire.So every now and then I take another peek and say, I know it won't be me but damn that woman's fine!

Isn't that a little weird to do over and over without saying a word?

no photo
Mon 12/16/13 05:29 PM

Absolutely nothing to do this evening... So lets look at some cuties !
Why do we view peoples profiles over and over if we have no intention of messaging them?
I don't view more than once...but I notice the same people viewing me with not a single hello...Granted, I have age restrictions! Children are not allowed to participate ...anyone 30 and under, I am NOT interested at all.
I look because I think he's cute... But not over and over... That's stalkery..no it's not a word.
Why do you look if not to message? Rateing a profile does not count!

You'll have to ask those who view over and over without messaging. My guess from when I've asked people that question is they're either too shy or they don't know what to say.

no photo
Mon 12/16/13 11:17 AM
Photographer Of Obama Selfie: 'I Really Think It's Just Sad'

Catherine TaibiThe Huffington PostDec 16, 2013
The photographer responsible for the Obama "selfie" image is not as happy as one might expect him to be, especially given the fact that his photo has gone viral since it was released last Tuesday. In fact, he finds the whole situation pretty "sad."

Agence France-Presse photographer Roberto Schmidt spoke out on Wednesday after his photo of President Obama snapping "selfies" with world leaders at Nelson Mandela's memorial service was released, claiming that the world had completely misinterpreted the picture.

But now he is speaking out again, this time saying that the media's interpretation of the photo says more about society than anything else.

"I really think it's just sad," Schmidt told NPR on Monday. "I mean, what does that say about our society? Are those the things that we focus on? Sometimes we just get carried away by noise that people make and it just proves it's more and more noise."

A Media Matters report showed that cable news networks gave significantly more attention to the "selfie" and Obama's handshake with Cuban President Raul Castro than they did to Mandela's memorial service itself. Schmidt told NPR that he "never, never, never, never" expected the photograph to become what is has.

"That's what is a little bit sad about it," he continued. "We put out close to 500 images that day and some of the images are very, very interesting, nice, strong images, showing the celebration for Nelson Mandela. And unfortunately, you know, the picture that got the most front-pages in dailies and websites around the world was the selfie."