Community > Posts By > singmesweet

no photo
Sun 02/02/14 09:31 AM

Ladies, is it really necessary for a man to "love dogs, kids and god" to be your friend?

Yes, its also necessary for them to look a certain way, smell a certain way, be a certain height, race and be in a particular tax bracket. They only look for conditional relationships, who you are is the least of their concerns...

You don't think men do that? Many men have height/age/weight requirements for women, as well as other requirements.

no photo
Sat 02/01/14 08:37 PM

I am aware of no valid excuse for having an uncontrolled pet animal anywhere but on one's own property or residence. The excuse, "It is just friendly" is extremely inconsiderate --�� many people do not like contact with animals, some are afraid of or allergic to animals, some have had bad experiences with animals in the past. In public they have a right to be unmolested by the "pets" of others.

Children can be traumatized by a "friendly" dog. People wearing nice clothes probably don't relish animal hair, saliva or paw prints. Those with nice vehicles perhaps do not wish to be "greeted" by a dog jumping on or a cat climbing on their car. Any who prefer to avoid fleas, ticks and animal-associated diseases do not desire close contact.

In one's own domain it is a different matter; however, visitors should be made aware that they will be entering an area that serves as animal housing and that they may be subject to various animal behaviors.

Are people making excuses for their pets being uncontrolled where you live? Is that why this is such a big deal?

no photo
Sat 02/01/14 08:35 PM

A while ago, we had a paramedic that was bitten by someone's dog as he was trying to help someone that called 911. Needless to say; dog was removed and owner fined. A good example of what I was saying about keeping your pets under control. If you cats run around the house; that is your business; but they shouldn't be running in the streets. We had two dogs and one cat recently killed by an animal abuser. I hope that person gets some prime jail time but I also hope the owners get a fine for letting their pets loose and not protecting them.

They don't run in the streets. I don't believe I gave the impression that they do, or that I was ok with people who let their animals do that.

no photo
Sat 02/01/14 11:38 AM
Edited by singmesweet on Sat 02/01/14 11:43 AM

if your dog jumps up on someone or makes physical contact in any way with someone who does not want that contact... it is definitively forcing the dog on them. I am simply giving the perspective of someone who does not want contact with pets - unless I choose to pat them on the head or whatever. I understand mistakes can happen. Perhaps the pizza delivery person should have called on his way to remind you to make sure any pets were restrained. My dog that I had as a kid used to jump on people, and I understand it can be hard to prevent - I'd put her in a bedroom and someone else in the family would open the door...slaphead

It sounds like you are a good dog owner, but definitely not going to be compatible with someone who does not want to live with a pet, and that's fine. It's a preference.

Quite frankly their are many dog owners who do not restrain their pets and have a snotty attitude about having to do so (therefore we have laws). I don't think you are one of those though. Not at all. I feel just as you do. I do not have pets and if someone does not like that...tough :)

doesn't mean we can't chat tho'

If you don't want contact with animals, don't go near them. I live in a very dog friendly city and never have contact with people's pets unless I say it's ok. There aren't dogs running around, jumping all over people. I do stop and ask people if I can pet their dogs. I did that earlier today and the owner warned me that it was a puppy and he might try to jump on me. It was then my choice whether to try and pet him or not.

If animals make you uptight, stay away from them :).

Here it is law to keep your pets under control. If someone is at your house be it the mailman, pizza delivery man, paramedics, police;etc you must keep it under control; friendly or not.

Ok, so what's the problem?

Oh no problem. You can be fined or even have the pet removed from the home. Think of it this way a pet comes rushing at a person and the person gets frightened; they could have a heart attack or fall back and injure themselves. Now its also grounds for a lawsuit as well as having your pet removed. Animals are unpredictable. If a person came running at you without warning; I doubt you would just stand there and smile. It would frighten you so you have to think about the person that is unfamiliar with your pet. To me; it's common sense to keep your pet under control when other people are in the house. We have very strict laws here about pets. Both cats and dogs must be licensed and neither is allowed to run freely outside of your property. Leashes must be used for both cats and dogs. Fines start at $250.00.

My parents have two dogs. People know that when coming to visit. I don't think they should have to keep them locked up or on a leash just because people are over, though. When they are off their property, the dogs are on a leash.

I have two cats. If someone comes to visit and isn't a big cat person, I suggest they sit in the chair, rather than on the couch, so the cat won't come sit next to them. I wouldn't lock the cats up to keep them away from people, though.

no photo
Sat 02/01/14 11:35 AM

What Singmesweet said and yes, when I go out with my dog I do allow her to go up and say hello to people sometimes. I'm not responsible for other people's phobias and pet peeves, if you will excuse the pun. It doesn't matter what anyone on the internet says that I'm morally obliged to do because I will continue to do what I like within the law in my own country. I'll take hir into shops and pubs, or anywhere else that I like unless somebody tries to stop me. If they don't say to me that dogs aren't allowed I'm just going to assume that it's alright and the same goes for when she wants to go up to people or other dogs in the street. There isn't even a leash law in this city and I'm not obliged to keep her on one but I do because I want to be able to control her when I think that I need to and not in situations where people on the internet tell me that I'm morally obliged to. If you want to walk about the streets of this city you are going to see dogs in the streets and in parks. As long as they don't foul the pavement or bite anybody that's within the law and if I do choose to restrain my dog I do so as a courtesy to people that ask me to or back away when she aproaches them.

I can see why it might bother people if you let your dog go up to them without them asking, or saying they want to pet her. Where I live, it's a very dog friendly city, but no one lets their dogs just walk up to random people. It's probably best to let someone else ask before you let your dog go see them.

That being said, if there is no leash law, then people who are out should know that and realize there may be dogs wandering around. If they don't like dogs, they should probably stay in an area that does have laws more in line with their preferences.

no photo
Sat 02/01/14 10:50 AM

if your dog jumps up on someone or makes physical contact in any way with someone who does not want that contact... it is definitively forcing the dog on them. I am simply giving the perspective of someone who does not want contact with pets - unless I choose to pat them on the head or whatever. I understand mistakes can happen. Perhaps the pizza delivery person should have called on his way to remind you to make sure any pets were restrained. My dog that I had as a kid used to jump on people, and I understand it can be hard to prevent - I'd put her in a bedroom and someone else in the family would open the door...slaphead

It sounds like you are a good dog owner, but definitely not going to be compatible with someone who does not want to live with a pet, and that's fine. It's a preference.

Quite frankly their are many dog owners who do not restrain their pets and have a snotty attitude about having to do so (therefore we have laws). I don't think you are one of those though. Not at all. I feel just as you do. I do not have pets and if someone does not like that...tough :)

If you don't want contact with animals, don't go near them. I live in a very dog friendly city and never have contact with people's pets unless I say it's ok. There aren't dogs running around, jumping all over people. I do stop and ask people if I can pet their dogs. I did that earlier today and the owner warned me that it was a puppy and he might try to jump on me. It was then my choice whether to try and pet him or not.

Here it is law to keep your pets under control. If someone is at your house be it the mailman, pizza delivery man, paramedics, police;etc you must keep it under control; friendly or not.

Ok, so what's the problem?

no photo
Sat 02/01/14 10:29 AM

I had a Pit.
At first she loved the dog.

Came home one day and all my stuff was outside with my dog chained to it.

I asked her,Baby what's up? Why you kickin me out.

Apparently, she didn't like it my doggy ate her cats and kids.

Couldn't believe she'd freak out like that!

Women!!:tongue:
huh

WUT?!?!
Wasn't like she couldn't get more.:wink:

sounds like she wanted the ones she had

what I don;t get is why a 4 legged saliva producer is more important than a loving woman who will make you breakfast

If you're not a pet person, you're not going to understand the importance of pets to their owners. That importance is not going to change when they start dating someone new. Rather than expecting that, hopefully you just make sure potential dates know how you feel about pets so you don't end up involved with someone who has pets.

no photo
Sat 02/01/14 10:25 AM

if your dog jumps up on someone or makes physical contact in any way with someone who does not want that contact... it is definitively forcing the dog on them.

Well said, sweetestgirl11.

Owners ARE ethically responsible for the actions of their pets, and a responsible owner does not allow their pet to inflict itself in any way where it is unwelcome.

. . .

Regarding "unconditional love" from an animal: Those who need or want that sort of relationship are certainly entitled to have one. It may, however, discourage a love relationship with a human who does not have similar needs.

The condescending attitude you have may discourage people as well. It's all a choice, though. If animals make you that uptight, make sure you let people know in the beginning that you are not an animal person.

no photo
Sat 02/01/14 10:24 AM

no photo
Fri 01/31/14 12:27 PM

how ironic, cause conservatives serve their kids wine,,

lol

And all liberals do is whine

The conservatives here are an awfully whiny bunch.

no photo
Fri 01/31/14 12:23 PM

. . . I am judged as a bad person because I chose not to care for kids or pets 24/7.

EXACTLY

Majority opinion seems to be "If you don't LOVE kids and pets (24/7) you can't be a very good person" (and if you don't worship / idolize one of the "gods" you must be a TERRIBLE person).

What is it about kids and pets that imparts "goodness?" If a person is an upstanding citizen, honest, dependable, generous, willing to help those in need, etc, etc -- but prefers to interact with adult humans vs. relating to kids and pets -- WHY, exactly, are they "bad" or "not very good?"

If religion makes a person "good", why are most incarcerated criminals Christians -- and why is the divorce rate among religious people as high or higher than that of non-religious couples?

Rather than complain about those who have preferences that do not match yours, why not use that time to get to know those with similar preferences? Complaining isn't going to change people's preferences.

no photo
Thu 01/30/14 01:23 PM

Not important but lots o' fun! The only down side is I have to deal with women to do it, in the end it isn't worth the price they make you pay.

LOL. You like sex, but not dealing with women? Perhaps men would be a better choice?

no photo
Thu 01/30/14 11:22 AM

I think of India as a magical place to visit. As a female, however, there is no way I could go there. Lately there is too much bad pr. The village may decide Im out too late or dating the wrong person so I must be violently raped.

I went to Pune for two weeks and never felt un-safe.

how ur two weeks spended

Mostly working, but I got to see a good bit of the city as well.

no photo
Thu 01/30/14 10:36 AM

I think of India as a magical place to visit. As a female, however, there is no way I could go there. Lately there is too much bad pr. The village may decide Im out too late or dating the wrong person so I must be violently raped.

I went to Pune for two weeks and never felt un-safe.

no photo
Tue 01/28/14 06:44 AM
Sounds like the person the OP is talking about has different preferences than he does. Why not just move onto someone who has preferences that match up better?

no photo
Mon 01/27/14 09:50 AM

I would imagine if they're setting those restrictions, they're talking about more than friends.

Agreed -- or some might confuse what is required of friends vs. what is required for coupledom.

When I see that in a profile (which is surprisingly often), no matter how appealing it might be otherwise, that is as far as I read

But, do all ladies think this way? Of course not.

Agreed -- thankfully

Well, there you go. You answered your own question.

no photo
Sun 01/26/14 06:54 PM
Why do we need reasons for hugs?

no photo
Sun 01/26/14 03:17 PM

Ladies, is it really necessary for a man to "love dogs, kids and god" to be your friend?

I would imagine if they're setting those restrictions, they're talking about more than friends. But, do all ladies think this way? Of course not.

no photo
Mon 01/20/14 02:02 PM
One of my pet peeves are people who do not know how to drive correctly in traffic circles. And people who don't understand how four way stops work.

no photo
Mon 01/20/14 02:01 PM

People misusing words i.e.

Patients vs patience
Then vs than
Lose vs loose
Bye vs buy
Etc....

I get what your saying. But I'm probably one of those people guilty of this. Mostly because I can't remember which one of some of these to use. Like the then and than. Sometimes I just forget. It's called a brain fart. lol

Since you're online, isn't it easy enough to look up?

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25