SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Fri 10/09/26 09:02 AM
After a rough beginning of the week -which I knew upfront- the ending has taken a turn for the positive :D

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Fri 10/09/26 05:01 AM
The White Princess - 2017
IMdB rating 7,5
My rating 10

I sometimes re-watch the entire UK history/Tudor sequence because I just love it :D
Next will be "The Spanish Princess". Maybe I will also rewatch the entire "The Tudors" series after that. I probably will tongue2

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Fri 10/09/26 04:07 AM
Feeling... happy that the coloscopy went well! Nothing bad found either, which I already knew but alas.
At least I can go back to eating as normal again so my body can recover from the impact of the invasive preparation.

And feeling glad I decided to do it without sedation. Wouldn't have been worth the hassle as it wasn't painful (for me).
The sedation is of more concern than the coloscopy itself as it can cause acute respiratory arrest which scared me way more than doing it without.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Thu 10/08/26 02:39 AM
Thinking... about how I am going to finish this last cup of gross liquid that makes me wanna puke...
And thinking about this afternoons checkup.
Few more hours than it's over. Can't wait!!!
This has been a 5 day ordeal for sure.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 10/07/26 12:44 PM
Feeling... immensely relieved!! I'm 1 hour past the last sip of the first dose of laxation and I didn't get intense cramps! Hooray! I was so afraid for that to happen.
I did use acupressure points just in case.

Now I'm fine, relaxed again, feeling good.
Second dose of this stuff is tomorrow when I get up. Going to be a great breakfast, yuk!
But it is what it is.
Tomorrow evening it's all going to be over! Can't wait.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 10/07/26 01:38 AM
Feeling... grateful I had a good night's sleep!!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 10/06/26 01:02 PM
The White Queen
Focusing on the last of the War of the Roses.

Me's thinking that life for women was so incredibly hard in those days. You just never had real safety, not even as queen consort.

And even as queen consort having to except that your husband would sleep with loads of other women, or if he wished had a favourite mistress for years on end.
We have men watching porn these days, a somewhat milder version of that, but equally disastrous to a relationship.
You were prolly better of as a poor woman, wife of a peasant or something.

In any case a really good series. Drama & intrigue was part of that history.

IMdB rating 7,7
My rating a 10 for sure

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 10/06/26 02:36 AM

Week has been uneventful which I love.

Txs, tell me more about your bionic eyes! Im thinking of getting it done. Not sure Im able to: Super dry eyes, etc.

Dry eyes are a typical menopausal problem due to lack of hormones that the body needs.
One of the many issues.
Depending on your age and when you became menopausal you may consider getting on HRT. Helps a lot!

As for dry eyes itself, Google "TMC acupressure points dry eyes" and use those points.
I told my stepmother the same when she had dry eyes after having eye surgery. It helped her tremendously!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 10/06/26 02:31 AM
Thinking... halfway through prepping for Thursday's hospital checkup. So far so good although I don't feel 100%.
The worst is yet to come though, tomorrow, brrr.
I had thought of cancelling, but I won't.
But now I wished more than I normally do that I had a loving man by my side!!
Men can usually stay level headed more easily. I could do with that, haha. And with loving hugs and support too!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sun 10/04/26 11:29 AM
Six Wives with Lucy Worsley - 2018
IMdB rating 8,1
My rating is 8,5 so far (only seen ep 1 so far)

Another interesting docu. Like the other one part acted.
About the wives of king Henry VIII.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sun 10/04/26 11:26 AM
Thinking... first day -or rather first 12 hours- of low fibre diet that I must follow for 3 days has been really really hard! noway
I must admit I had not expected it to upset my body as fast as it has.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sun 10/04/26 02:32 AM
The Boleyns: A Scandalous Family - 2021 - BBC
Really interesting. A 3-part docu that is partly acted to bring it to life. So there is a cast, beautiful outfits, castle backdrops etc.

What I didn't know:
the late queen Elizabeth 2 is a direct descendent of the Boleyn's?! Not from Anne of course as her daughter Elizabeth didn't have children, but via Anne's sister Mary Boleyn.

IMdB rating 7,2
I feel it certainly is an 8,5

I would've rated higher if the last part hadn't felt like just a little too quickly wrapped up.
Certainly worth the watch if you're into (British) history!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sat 10/03/26 06:48 AM
Feeling... in a mood as I'm stressed out about an upcoming rather invasive hospital checkup.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Fri 10/02/26 03:17 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Fri 10/02/26 03:18 AM

I'm thinking... how nice it is to get another week of good weather with reasonable temperatures and lots of sun :D

Also thinking that it's time to get the face tape off, hihi.


Thinking... what is face tape. :thinking:

Hihi, I hadn't thought of explaining.
It's special tape that is skin-safe, incl. for the face.
You put strips of that on your face before sleep so muscles, layers in the skin and especially fascia can shift into their natural position.
One specific placements also helps keeps the mouth closed at night so you nose-breathe which is natural and healthy. And even helps keep your tongue in resting position against the palate, which is where it's supposed to be.
It can also help if someone snores or has sleep apnoea.

I have mouth-breathed for all my life, even as a child as I sucked my thumb.
Now I am almost 100% nose-breathing at night :)

All that helps get things in the right place, jaw position for instance. Also important if you have TMJ.

So I look like a bit of an alien before I go to bed, haha.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 09/30/26 04:22 PM
Thinking... time for sleep! It got later than I had actually wanted.
Good night!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 09/30/26 03:56 PM
Lots of drama brought to a happy topic.
AI won't go away. We just have to sift and sort and use it for what isn't or can't easily be problematic.
But if you're against it and want it gone... I suppose that means getting rid of PCs and internet and mobile phones and so on.
And Goddess knows what else it's used for these days. Drones, weapons, satellites?

Progress always holds certain dangers within it.
But if we don't progress we'd still be living in caves, eating raw meat & berries, dress in animal skins and probably die before we're 25.

If I think what some generation went through concerning progress... My granddad was born in 1898. Go figure what he saw come and go?!
Airplanes, automobiles, radio, electricity, running water, tv, telephone, sewer systems, and so on.
He lived to be well in his 80s :) He just poured himself a stiff drink on Sunday's after church, haha.

I'm never one to embrace the new right away either, I am a little suspicious I guess. But danged if I become like my dad who resisted every new thing, like a coffee machine, stubbornly continuing to make coffee in a pot on the cooker for Goddess knows how long. We were the last ones in the neighbourhood to get colour tv, a fridge & freezer and so on.
You gotta dare live and go with the flow at least a bit!

Who cares that we don't remember phone numbers anymore. We remember tons of other things these days. Things that are crucial today. We live now, not in the 70s!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 09/30/26 03:46 PM

Flown in a commercial airplane lately Don?

Airliners are no longer flown by "stick and rudder" pilots but by computers. "Most" of the time it's perfectly safe.

It could indeed be safer than having a human flying.
People can get fatigued, pilot who's been up half the night partying in Bangkok. People can get distracted & certain things can disorient pilots. Crashes have happened due to the latter. Can't remember from the top of my head what it was exactly, but it happened to a plane somewhere near Greece or on the way to Greece. Something to do with specific bad weather and flying in the dark.



SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 09/29/26 01:02 PM

FOOTBALL :football: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hahahaha. But you know... that's American football!
This is football --->


SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 09/29/26 09:53 AM

Discombobulated. I think Michael was flirting with me? *derp*

I really thought you'd been playing Twister and now found yourself in an impossible-to-get-out-off bodily position laugh
I had to Google that word, hihi. I have never ever seen or heard anyone use it. I hope I can remember it. Nice one to use to discombobulate a native speaker, lol.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 09/29/26 09:48 AM
Google Logo says "WNBA playoffs 2026".
Great. I have no idea whatsoever what that means.

Usually this time a year America goes nuts with all kinds of sports to-do which means nothing on television to watch. All great series go on break until January or later grumble tears

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 … 24 25