SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 09/30/26 04:22 PM
Thinking... time for sleep! It got later than I had actually wanted.
Good night!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 09/30/26 03:56 PM
Lots of drama brought to a happy topic.
AI won't go away. We just have to sift and sort and use it for what isn't or can't easily be problematic.
But if you're against it and want it gone... I suppose that means getting rid of PCs and internet and mobile phones and so on.
And Goddess knows what else it's used for these days. Drones, weapons, satellites?

Progress always holds certain dangers within it.
But if we don't progress we'd still be living in caves, eating raw meat & berries, dress in animal skins and probably die before we're 25.

If I think what some generation went through concerning progress... My granddad was born in 1898. Go figure what he saw come and go?!
Airplanes, automobiles, radio, electricity, running water, tv, telephone, sewer systems, and so on.
He lived to be well in his 80s :) He just poured himself a stiff drink on Sunday's after church, haha.

I'm never one to embrace the new right away either, I am a little suspicious I guess. But danged if I become like my dad who resisted every new thing, like a coffee machine, stubbornly continuing to make coffee in a pot on the cooker for Goddess knows how long. We were the last ones in the neighbourhood to get colour tv, a fridge & freezer and so on.
You gotta dare live and go with the flow at least a bit!

Who cares that we don't remember phone numbers anymore. We remember tons of other things these days. Things that are crucial today. We live now, not in the 70s!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 09/30/26 03:46 PM

Flown in a commercial airplane lately Don?

Airliners are no longer flown by "stick and rudder" pilots but by computers. "Most" of the time it's perfectly safe.

It could indeed be safer than having a human flying.
People can get fatigued, pilot who's been up half the night partying in Bangkok. People can get distracted & certain things can disorient pilots. Crashes have happened due to the latter. Can't remember from the top of my head what it was exactly, but it happened to a plane somewhere near Greece or on the way to Greece. Something to do with specific bad weather and flying in the dark.



SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 09/29/26 01:02 PM

FOOTBALL :football: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hahahaha. But you know... that's American football!
This is football --->


SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 09/29/26 09:53 AM

Discombobulated. I think Michael was flirting with me? *derp*

I really thought you'd been playing Twister and now found yourself in an impossible-to-get-out-off bodily position laugh
I had to Google that word, hihi. I have never ever seen or heard anyone use it. I hope I can remember it. Nice one to use to discombobulate a native speaker, lol.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 09/29/26 09:48 AM
Google Logo says "WNBA playoffs 2026".
Great. I have no idea whatsoever what that means.

Usually this time a year America goes nuts with all kinds of sports to-do which means nothing on television to watch. All great series go on break until January or later grumble tears

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 09/29/26 03:54 AM
Feeling... a bit nervous about tomorrow's MOT.
I need my car in this remote area with crappy public transport. Plus I got 3 appointments coming up within 1 week for which I need my car.
Fingers crossed!!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 09/29/26 02:50 AM
I first of all want to say that I'm reluctant about AI myself.
I know there are risks and it is something to be careful with. Movies about this haven't been made for nothing, for decades on end. It's a valid scare, possible threat.

But... there are also advantages to it. We can also use it for good.

For instance I had a problem with my cleaning lady. The way it went, how she reacted and what she'd said, got me in overwhelm. I'm a smart girl, know a lot about psychology and so on, but when I'm in overwhelm it's as if my brain short-circuits.
And I had to have a conversation with her which doesn't work that way. I will just get emotional and with that possibly offend her, only making matters worse.

I decided to ask a free AI.
I typed in exactly what had happened, what she'd said, and what I'd said.

The reply was very good but it came up with something that made me explain the whole back story as it wasn't the first time the cleaning lady and I had a problem.
Then AI's reply became even more in depth and fine-tuned.
It got me out of my overwhelm and emotional reaction of "You biotch, I'm right and you crossed my boundary!!"

AI suggested a message which I sent, changed it a tiny bit only.
Her reaction...
Totally positive and happy!

So now the problem is solved and even better, she will now come on a different day that better suits me?!
She offered herself.
Wowza!

Normally speaking I could've seen all the things AI pointed out to me, but when in emotional overwhelm this isn't possible.

I feel it's great to be able to use AI in such instances. I am now no longer in stress while I've been stressing about this for a few days.

You still gotta use your own common sense of course. Not make yourself totally dependent on any AI.
Like I heard a story about a woman who was in a love relationship with an AI programme? You effing kidding me? That's sick!
It had a name (given by her) and bought her presents (she'd given it access to her bank
account).
Maybe we need new laws to stop such things from happening as it's insane.


SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Mon 09/28/26 08:47 AM
Untamed - 2025
Mini series

I've seen it before but can't remember who dunnit so nice to watch it again :)

Follows a National Parks Service agent as he investigates a brutal death

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Mon 09/28/26 08:43 AM
Feeling... good that I made my boundary crystal clear.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sun 09/27/26 11:32 AM
Get Smart, hilarious spy movie.
Especially the swordfish scene had me laughing so loud that I thought I was going to pass out. I seriously had to pause the movie.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sun 09/27/26 07:14 AM
Thinking... why do I feel so tired?? noway

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sun 09/27/26 04:34 AM
Finished my painting yesterday!
I changed the ground even though I actually really liked it. But it looked too icy, not something you'd lope across with a horse. It had to be snow.

I thought of adding something to the left, but decided against it as I felt it would become too cluttered. And the 2 tall evergreens bring in enough counterbalance.

As it is the vast open snowy land adds to the feel of the cowboy being out in the middle of nowhere. A feel I wanted to hang on to, which is why I didn't like the idea of a fence.

I'm calling it "Push for Home".
50x40cm


SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Fri 09/25/26 01:58 AM
Last night I started watching the documentary Missing in Alaska - 2015.

I think there is another docu series with the same title, this one is more on strange phenomenon and occurrances than directly focusing on missing people, although that is at the heart of it.
It's more on why someone got missing, not on finding that person.
So you get stuff about the Alaska Triangle, hairy man (allegedly larger than Bigfoot), aliens & UFOs, etc.

I like it.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Fri 09/25/26 01:52 AM
I'm thinking... how nice it is to get another week of good weather with reasonable temperatures and lots of sun :D

Also thinking that it's time to get the face tape off, hihi.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 09/23/26 12:23 PM
Thinking the waxing moon looks beautiful!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 09/23/26 08:15 AM
Feeling ... hungry and happy I mowed most of the lawn :)
And it felt good to have a cup of coffee outdoors and then some physical activity after that, all while the sun is shining.

Now food!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 09/23/26 04:04 AM
So far a lot of stress, anxiety, worry and whatnot.
But for now that's behind me, 3 days of nothing in the agenda :D Bliss!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 09/23/26 02:42 AM
Thinking... I'm happy I cancelled today's appointment.
Had 2 days in a row with appointments that stressed me out, especially the one on Monday. I'm fed up with it.
Looking forward to a nice relaxed day and painting :)

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 09/22/26 04:38 PM

Thinking all the old and missed posters are slowly coming back....probably hoping to hibernate in here for the winter tongue2 tongue2

hahaha, who knows who'll all turn up!
Some I do hope to never see again though.

As for now I'm going to hibernate until tomorrow in my own bed *yawn*
Got way too late again, I'm about to fall asleep in my chair.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 … 24 25