Community > Posts By > ShiningArmour

ShiningArmour's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:49 AM

Yesterday I held a new born chick in the palm of my hand. It looked at me with trust as if it thought I were its parent. It cuddled in the palm of my hand and went to sleep.

I think of that and wonder if I will see that next time I try to eat a chicken sandwich. :cry:

There's some kind of egg you can boil and then bury for like a day? Then you eat the chick inside!

It's a delicacy! tongue2

ShiningArmour's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:47 AM

Yes I do have multiple personalities. I call them "the council." They are all different aspects of me. I believe everyone has these if they will pay attention. They are the human psyches.

These psyches can be split apart and that is what is called a multiple personality disorder. My psyches are not split apart. They cooperate and communicate with each other.

Hearing things "in your head" is simply called "thinking." You should try it. (kidding)

I do believe in demons and such, but like daily life, you just learn to avoid them.:wink:

Nicely put. I guess everyone has their own way of thinking. Though I would be careful who you tell that to. On here it's fine because nobody can have you committed.

But tell that to someone in "Real life" (Outside cyber space) And you would be wise to look out for the men in white coats.

ShiningArmour's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:38 AM

A lot of people hear voices actually.

My voice is my own inner voice. (actually I have more than just one.)bigsmile It is different from the voice of another person which is more like mental telepathy. I have experienced that also, so I can tell the difference. Its just like in daily life, when you can distinguish the sound of your own voice from someone else's.

That is not to say that these voices are actually sound as in the usual sense. They are more like thought forms.

Seen that to, they call it multiple personalities! That needs therapy though.

I'd see to it soon. If you don't the main personality can vanish entirely and the other personalities will take over. Scary stuff.

Unless of course you practice the occult. Then you could very well hear things in your head.

What your describing is in whats called "the Spirit" That can lead to some scary stuff to.

Demons and such.

ShiningArmour's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:36 AM

A lot of people hear voices actually.

My voice is my own inner voice. (actually I have more than just one.)bigsmile It is different from the voice of another person which is more like mental telepathy. I have experienced that also, so I can tell the difference. Its just like in daily life, when you can distinguish the sound of your own voice from someone else's.

That is not to say that these voices are actually sound as in the usual sense. They are more like thought forms.

Seen that to, they call it multiple personalities! That needs therapy though.

I'd see to it soon. If you don't the main personality can vanish entirely and the other personalities will take over. Scary stuff.

ShiningArmour's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:34 AM

Out of Body experience..
What do you think it is?

A difficult question to answer.

Most people think it's your spirit leaving your body and later on re-entering.

Popycock

If your spirit left your body your body would die. Simply put.

Take those on the operating table. Unless they get that heart started after it's stopped the ghost aint comin back. Same thing here. If you leave the body it dies.

"It's dead jim, take it's stuff" -Munchkin

ShiningArmour's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:28 AM

If you listen to that voice within, what does it say?

That is your inner scripture.

Share your wisdom, share your inner scripture.

flowers

That voice within? You hear voices? They have medication you can take for that you know

ShiningArmour's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:26 AM

"A person who declares there is no God is like a forest who declares there are no trees."

~~Jeanniebean

"Only a fool hath said in his heart, there is no God"

ShiningArmour's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:23 AM

Thou shalt not kill.

But you have the beasts and the fruits of the forest....just don't eat my apples!

So, do we gnaw on the beasts as long as they don't die?...or do we wait for them to die first?

Why has man become so arrogant to assume it is killing of an animal...other than man....and some heinous crime to kill a human...namely murder?

Seriously... the guidelines in the whole collective of grim fairytales called bible are the most contradictory conundrum ever created!

There is no sane reasoning that can rationalise it....

THAT'S the 2000 odd year mystery...that people, partially rational, accept it as truth.

slaphead Truly ignorance is bliss.

Some animals were put onto this earth for the sole purpose of being eaten. That's what they are here for.

In the beginning, what your saying would be true. Because there was no sin. With sin comes death. Before that no animal ate another, everything ate from the plants. (Fruit)

Afterwards however sin came and with it death. Animals became carnivorous as did people.

Believe what you want, but don't make yourself look stupid by talking about it :wink:

ShiningArmour's photo
Thu 03/31/11 06:04 AM
I remember going over to a friends house when I was younger and watching 3X3 eyes. Totally bloody and gory. But very entertaining! Normally I'm all like, "Ewww!" But then I was like "wow" laugh

ShiningArmour's photo
Thu 03/31/11 06:01 AM

One Piece is awesome! Just saying.

Agreed. One Piece is the greatest anime/manga that ever was, is, and ever will be. Nuff Said!

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 12:41 PM

Even if I were not a believer (I am), I could not argue with Lilli. How do you argue with beauty? How do you dispute a woman as magnificent as she is?

In fact, looking at her would convince me that God does exist for only one as wise as He would create someone as sensual as she is.

Also, ShiningArmour, congratulations for you made THE WALL OF SHIKI!!!

Now then, you write:

"Acctually you just made my point! It takes more faith to believe evolution than it does creation! It is believing! Fact or not people don't KNOW evolution is real they BELIEVE it. Which is were it becomes religion!"

I would agree with you here, because evolution is more improbable than creationism. That is the thing I find unusual. To me, it is logical that someone created us. To believe that we came from an amoeba - that is a leap of faith!

Agreed. It is a leap of faith!

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 12:35 PM

I remember the choose your own adventure ones! Those were fun!

My folks have gobs of our old books, and I've been trying to get them documented for insurance. It's kinda slow going as I wander back through them. Fun memories!

I used to love Choose Your Own Adventure, I also had a bunch of the Dungeons and Dragons Endless Quest books, which were like Choose Your Own Adv but based on D&D.

Those were really good. I bought two of them at the half price book store. One was a vampire hunt and the other was "The dragons ransom" The dragon one was really nice

Another one I always liked was based on the Top Secret RPGs. You were a kid visiting relatives during the summer, and your uncle owns a factory which you learn is involved in espionage. Don't recall the title.

Well since we are on the topic of adventure books, You ever play the game those books are based on? (D&D)

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 12:33 PM

Evolution is a theory...theories are always questioned...its part of the scientific method...

but now we can look at the genetic code for evolutionary clues...science marches on...

of course the book is boring...it was written a long time ago by a biology geek...probably with no social skills....but the overall observations and all the analysis since is fascinating

In my opinion....something that sparks scientific inquiry is invaluable.....

:heart: Lili

True. And yes it is fascinating but it's all theories. None of it can possibly be true.

Which is why it can be questioned. Because none of it is right. We don't question the bible BECAUSE we KNOW it's right. We can see it in the world today and show it to others.
Same with science. It's evolution that's Fubar'ed

WOW someone is feeling attacked and defensive...
we all have our own opinion...FAITH IS NOT KNOWING....ITS BELIEVING...again my opinion

Not gonna argue with ya

Acctually you just made my point! It takes more faith to believe evolution than it does creation! It is believing! Fact or not people don't KNOW evolution is real they BELIEVE it. Which is were it becomes religion! "Nuff said"

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 12:31 PM

"Scientists evrewhere see it as fact."
Well, if scientists believe it is fact, how wrong can it be? You do realize that in NYC, they closed the Dinosaur exhibit at the Museum of Natural History because the scientists put the wrong bones together.

"Its taught in public schools as fact, the students at these schools see it as fact."

Well, did you know that some public schools are now teaching kids about world religions. In these books, they are stating that Jesus did walk among us 2,000 years ago. I am thankful for this, as my prayers are answered. However, there are people who say that Jesus did not exist.

"Many people on the science and philosiphy board see it as fact.
Just watch the science channel! There's whole shows that teach it as fact!"

I would counter that the History Channel has specials depicting Christ's resurrection as fact. In terms of veracity, I would take the HISTORY channel over the SciFi channel.

"I only wish I had the mad skillz you do shiki."

Can I put this up on THE WALL OF SHIKI???

I would be honored if you put up on the wall of "Shiki"

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 12:28 PM
OK Creative allow me explain this scientifically.

Ya got this half dragon half unicorn that nobody can see right? He lives in the ground and hates people! because they pollute.

Let's call him phil.

He takes a poop like we all do and because he hates us he flings at people when they are babies hoping to make them sick, which is why babies throw up so much.

Now this affects their brains to! So that when they grow up, they get morals. Its all science really. We evolved to ingest phil's poo and it warps our brains. :wink:

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 12:23 PM
Edited by ShiningArmour on Mon 03/28/11 12:24 PM

Parking spaces! What if you got twenty people to look for parking spaces downtown of a Saturday evening? Ten could pray and the others not. Or fishing. Do people that pray for fish catch more than those that don't?

If god helps people in their daily lives, these should be workable experiments. And simple to measure.

Your assuming that God would say "Yes" to all the prayers and therefor give the spaces.

If it's not God's will to give them the spaces then your experiment would not be measured properly.

On the other hand, If you go to the right church, at the right time you could as I have witnessed a few miracles. You would then form your own opinion based on what you saw.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 12:19 PM

Brains and beauty - what a combination.

I only wish I had the mad skillz you do shiki.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 12:18 PM

"And if you notice evolution cannot be questioned."
This should be placed in the Jokes category. There is a LONG list of line of people who question evolution. I'm at the front of this line.

It's taken as "Fact"
By whom, exactly? There are people who believe that evolution actually happened. And they claim it is fact. However, there are many MORE people who do not believe this makes any sense.

There are some who follow Christ and religion without questioning. But most of us (thankfully) do question.

Scientists evrewhere see it as fact, Its taught in public schools as fact, the students at these schools see it as fact. Manny people on the science and philosiphy board see it as fact.
Just watch the science channel! There's whole shows that teach it as fact!

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 12:16 PM

Evolution is a theory...theories are always questioned...its part of the scientific method...

but now we can look at the genetic code for evolutionary clues...science marches on...

of course the book is boring...it was written a long time ago by a biology geek...probably with no social skills....but the overall observations and all the analysis since is fascinating

In my opinion....something that sparks scientific inquiry is invaluable.....

:heart: Lili

True. And yes it is fascinating but it's all theories. None of it can possibly be true.

Which is why it can be questioned. Because none of it is right. We don't question the bible BECAUSE we KNOW it's right. We can see it in the world today and show it to others.
Same with science. It's evolution that's Fubar'ed

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 12:07 PM

ShiningArmour wrote:

I apoligize for not getting back to you sooner! I got busy.

I think this verse sums up your "Jealous God" argument

"You will have no other gods before me for I am a Jealous God" He said so himself! He is Jealous!

Now does God hate anyone? No. He simply wants people to repent and turn to him.

It's people who choose not to do that. So by that logic they reject God by not choosing to serve him, but their own selfish desires.

Well, the assumption there is that people have "turned from God" in the first place.

Since I know that this isn't true for me, then I know that these fables are necessarily false.

slaphead I don't know if you turned from God or not. I can't say. I don't think they are false though. That's a great leap of faith.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25