Community > Posts By > ShiningArmour

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 11:59 AM

I know I have received the grace of God. I have been lifted from the jaws of death many times in my life, and I have seen the light of Love and compassion. This is my personal relationship with God we are talking about and it is nobody's business but mine. Save yourself.

I heard that in a song someplace, "So just save your self, lay it all on meeee" Then it goes onto say "I can't even save myself" Anyone know the name of that one?

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 11:58 AM
Edited by ShiningArmour on Mon 03/28/11 12:04 PM

ShiningArmour wrote:

The same could be said for anyone who strongly believes in something based of faith.

If you don't question a belief that's faith based it becomes religion.

Talk to an atheist and he will tell you the earth started with a big bang and everything evolved. You can question it but to him there is no question. He doesnt hate you he just does not agree.

Same thing with any other faith belief. I don't think they hate on others they just don't agree. That's all.

The KKK, the Black Panthers. Those people hate. Christians and atheists, those people don't agree.

There is a difference. But I'm not here to argue just to chat. bigsmile

I fully agree with what you are saying Shinning Armour.

However, there are arrogant proselytizers on these forums who are attempting to accuse other people of "rejecting God" etc, if they refuse to cower down to their particular views.

Those are typically the unruly people that I renounce.

Other people just get caught in the 'crossfire' of those conversations. bigsmile

I truly do not care if someone wants to believe in Christianity for themselves. That's cool. glasses

But we have proselytizers on here who won't rest until everyone agrees with their views PRECISELY. laugh

It has nothing to do with any God.

These are strictly egos who love to argue pretending that God is on "their side". :wink:

This way they have convinced themselves that they can't lose, and they can't be wrong.

How could they be wrong? They have God on THEIR SIDE! slaphead

But it's precisely that kind of mentality that make these "jealous-god" religions dangerous.

Surely even you can recognize that it's only the Abrahamic religions that are based on a "jealous-god" concept?

No other religions that I'm aware of are based on jealous Gods who will hate everyone who refuses to believe in them.

And surely atheism isn't based on a "jealous god" concept either.

The only place we ever see the "jealous god" syndrome is in the Abrahamic religions, and it seems to have become an extreme obsession for self-appointed Protestant "Paper Popes" who LOVE to use it to accuse everyone who rejects it as having "Rejected God".

What more powerful prop for an ego can you find than to prop yourself up by claiming that you SERVE the one and only jealous God of the universe, and everyone who disagrees with YOU is necessarily disagreeing with GOD HIMSELF!

That's what we're up against here ShinningArmour. Not any actual religion or god, just the Paper Popes who love to use the religion to boast that they hold the absolute truth and if you refuse to agree with them GOD himself will HATE YOU! whoa

Where is there anything positive in any of that?

I apoligize for not getting back to you sooner! I got busy.

I think this verse sums up your "Jealous God" argument

"You will have no other gods before me for I am a Jealous God" He said so himself! He is Jealous!

Now does God hate anyone? No. He simply wants people to repent and turn to him.

It's people who choose not to do that. So by that logic they reject God by not choosing to serve him, but their own selfish desires.

I see what you mean when you talk about "Paper popes" I think they simply want to set the record straight.

I did that earlier in this very thread. The only difference is that I did harp on and on when you disagreed.

I think the record should be set straight! Christians should have answers! However if the person your talking to does not want to accept the answer then it's time to say OK.

That's where pearls before swine comes in. If they don't agree with you, talk to someone who will.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 10:52 AM

"Blind faith if it is not allowed to be questioned becomes religion."
Some would say the same thing about evolutionism.

And if you notice evolution cannot be questioned. It's taken as "Fact" therefor it has become religion.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 10:46 AM

ShiningArmour wrote:

That's how I see it. I choose to live my life by "The Book" If you choose not to. Then so be it! I hope you have a happy life! I have nothing to prove, No hatred towards you, if you want to stir discord among the brethren which I see you doing here, I would strongly advise against it. Some biblical stuff I heard of.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with you choosing to live your life by "The Book". Hopefully, that serves you well. I would never even dream of suggesting that you should live your life otherwise.

I understand that you personally have no hatred towards me. Actually that would be impossible anyway because you don't truly know me. But unfortunately the Abrahamic religions in general do have a tendency to spread brotherly hatred in the name of "God" and in form of religious bigotries. Protestant Christian Fundamentalists are probably the greatest spreaders of such hate, and they do it in the name of Jesus as the "Almighty Christ".

I see no value in that whatsoever.

They are the ones who stir discord among their brethren by refusing to acknowledge the spiritual essence of anyone who refuses to suck up to their specific interpretations of a specific dogma.

It's truly not about "God" or "Jesus", it's all about using God and Jesus as an excuse to spread hatred and bigotry in their names.

I have no sympathy for hardcore religious proselytizers of any religion. They have nothing to do with any god. Usually they are just egotists who are addicted to the "power trip" of pretending that they speak for God, and thus they cannot be wrong. whoa

What greater BOOST for the ego can a person possibly find, than to convince themselves that they hold the TRUTH of God and that God himself has not only given them permission to speak on his behalf, but has even actually commanded that they do so!

That's the ultimate ego trip. "I am a servant of the Lord". :angel:

Yeah right. whoa

The same could be said for anyone who strongly believes in something based of faith.

If you don't question a belief that's faith based it becomes religion.

Talk to an atheist and he will tell you the earth started with a big bang and everything evolved. You can question it but to him there is no question. He doesnt hate you he just does not agree.

Same thing with any other faith belief. I don't think they hate on others they just don't agree. That's all.

The KKK, the Black Panthers. Those people hate. Christians and atheists, those people don't agree.

There is a difference. But I'm not here to argue just to chat. bigsmile

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 10:41 AM

I remember the choose your own adventure ones! Those were fun!

My folks have gobs of our old books, and I've been trying to get them documented for insurance. It's kinda slow going as I wander back through them. Fun memories!

I used to love Choose Your Own Adventure, I also had a bunch of the Dungeons and Dragons Endless Quest books, which were like Choose Your Own Adv but based on D&D.

Those were really good. I bought two of them at the half price book store. One was a vampire hunt and the other was "The dragons ransom" The dragon one was really nice

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 10:36 AM

I think evolutionists have blind faith in a man who spent his life with turtles.

Blind faith if it is not allowed to be questioned becomes religion.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 10:11 AM

ShiningArmour wrote:

You seem to think that Jesus/God is this all forgiving nice guy who just kind of winks when you do something wrong. Kind of like santa claus.

Where do you get that from?

Where did I ever say that I do anything "wrong", or that I would even condone anyone doing something wrong?

Sounds to me like you're jumping to some really wild conclusions that have absolutely nothing at all to do with me.

A person doesn't need to believe in Christianity or Jesus in order to know right from wrong.

When you do something wrong the father disciplines you. Unless he does not love you, then he does nothing.

Disciplines?

I disagree.

IMHO, a good father would teach a child discipline. You can't "discipline" a child. If you think you can you are sadly mistaken.

You can "punish" a child if you want, but if you do, that's only a reflection of your own ineptitude as a mentor. If a child is so unruly to be unwilling to learn, they are most likely in dire need of psychological help, not punishment.

So the idea of a God who mentors via punishment, or threats of punishment, is an idea of a God who is truly unwise and unintelligent, IMHO.

Add to that the idea of a God who would threaten "everlasting punishment" to his children if they disobey him and you reduce God to having no more common sense than a barroom drunkard. Not to mention that such a God would have clearly given up on his own ability to properly mentor his children.

All you have left in that case is a God who is taking out his own frustrations over his own ineptitude as a mentor, on his children.

That would be a God who is both inept, and an extremely abusive parent.

Do you bear bad fruit? No. You don't hate God as far as I know.

I don't feel any animosity toward the creator of life if that's what you mean. flowerforyou

But I do have a lot of questions for Her should I even have the pleasure of meeting Her face-to-face.

Now back to the father deal, at the end of the world the "World" Is judged for their unbelief in God.

Judged for disbelief in God? huh

How could disbelief be considered "disobedience"?

If the child is unconvinced that the parent even exists, that can only be gross ineptitude on the part of the parent. Especially in a scenario where the parent is supposedly omnipotent and can do anything to make him or herself known to the child and fails to do so. The child, being grossly limited in their ability to verify the existence of a God could not be expects to believe in one, and it would be utterly insane to consider their disbelief as "disobedience".

Any mythology of gods that claims that it's considered "disobedience" to not believe in their God should be highly suspect as being nothing more than man-made propaganda to brainwash people into worshiping their mythology over anyone Else's mythology. I wouldn't trust any authors who make such a claim further than I can spit.

The devil as he's called and his followers (Demons) Are free to do as they wish and God kills just about everyone during what's called "The Tribulation" it's a very drawn out and complex deal. If you want to learn about it then "google" it.

Well, now your asking me to read a mythology that not only claims the existence of a God but it also claims the existence of evil boogieman who is out to get everyone if they don't turn to the mythological God to be "saved" from the boogieman.

So does this mythology claim that there are then TWO Gods? One that is "good" and one that is "bad"?

No, of course it doesn't. I've already read the story. bigsmile

No, the boogieman in this mythology has absolutely NO POWER of his own. whoa

He's not a "god", he's just a pathetically stupid fallen angel who has NO POWER of his own, yet the supposedly "Good God" allows him to wreck havoc with his children.

Tell me, if you were a parent, would you unleash a boogieman on your children and give him YOUR POWER to do EVIL THINGS to your children and to get your children to do evil things?

I personally wouldn't think very highly of you if you did that to your children. I know I wouldn't do it to mine.

Yet, you expect me to believe in a mythology that claims that our "Heavenly Father" is doing precisely that to us? slaphead

Why would you accept a mythology that claims that our creator is such a nasty untrustworthy parent?

We'd be better of if atheism were true!

Yes God will forgive IF you choose to follow him and ASK for forgiveness. That's the CHOICE. If you don't ask then God will not force you. It's up to each and every individual.
It's a relationship! If you want to hang out with the cool guy at this party called life then you do! If you want to hit the bar and do things your own way then you do. You stay away from the cool guy at the party. But after the bar closes don't knock on his door and expect him to know you and welcome you in.

He made all his friends at the party. This is the after party get together, and you were not invited. Sorry.

With all due respect there is nothing "cool" about the God described by the mythology that you are referring to.

I would not want to be a friend of that "God".

That would be like befriending Hitler and supporting his views just to avoid his wrath.

Hitler had it in his mind that he would cast all the undesirable people into a fiery furnace and keep only the people he approves of to breed a super race of superior humans.

Well, I hate to tell you this, but the biblical mythology of a God isn't all that much different. That God is portrayed as wanting to cast all the undesirable people into a fiery furnace and keep only the people he approves of as his pets.

Where's the difference?

The only difference is that Hitler was not the "all-powerful" creator of the universe, so everyone thinks that he had no "right" to play with humans that way.

But since "God" is the creator of the universe, it's ok for him to play with his human pets that way because, after all, he created them and they are his to do with as he likes.

In other words, if Hitler had actually created humans, then his decisions and actions would be totally justified.

I see no reason to believe in the Hebrew mythologies of god.

The characters that they place onto God are simply not "godly" IMHO.

The stories are riddled with contradictions, absurdities, and outright injustices (like condemning people for simply not believing in the stories) That's a totally absurd notion right there, IMHO.

Moreover, there are FAR BETTER spiritual pictures and philosophies available. bigsmile

There exist pictures of a spiritual "God" that are far better that the stories the ancient Hebrews have written. Pictures that make far better sense in terms of wisdom and intelligence as well.

So why CHOOSE on PURE FAITH a lame picture of God?

If you're going to do this on PURE FAITH, why not CHOOSE an intelligent picture of a truly wise and righteous God? flowerforyou

Why belittle God, by choosing to place your faith in a story that belittles God?

If you child never saw you face to face, and after many years you finally met your child and she showed you a portrait of criminal and said, "Hey daddy, I thought this was you!"

Would you be impressed by that? I think not.

You'd probably be far more impressed if your child had "believed" that you are a decent nice person instead.

So, yes, if I want to insult God, I can choose to believe in the Hebrew picture of God too.

But why would I want to insult God?

There are better spiritual pictures of gods to be had. Why not choose one of them. Surely any real God is not going to be upset with my because I thought he was BETTER than he truly is!

What's he going to do? Scream at me yelling, "No you fool! I'm nowhere near that nice! You're going to hell for thinking that I was actually NICE!" devil

What kind of a "God" would do such a thing to an innocent sincere child who was only trying to find the best possible picture to show their daddy? huh

In order for me to believe in the Biblical picture of God, I'd need to believe that God is the most heartless uncaring entity possible.

Nope, I'm not going to insult God by suggesting that I thought She was a mean old judgmental male-chauvinist pig who is chomping at the bit to cast people into hell for merely not believing that God could be such a heartless jerk.

Nope, I'm not going to insult God by doing that.

If you want to do that, that's your choice.

Who knows, maybe God truly is a jerk and he'll be pleased that you accepted that and he'll cast me into eternal damnation for thinking he was better than that.

Anything's possible. drinker

Even atheism, which sounds better than the biblical picture to me.

All Ive done here Abra is show you the way that I've been shown.

Ive been shown this picture by men who know God on a personal level and have spent much of their lifetime studying him.

That's how I see it. I choose to live my life by "The Book" If you choose not to. Then so be it! I hope you have a happy life! I have nothing to prove, No hatred towards you, if you want to stir discord among the brethren which I see you doing here, I would strongly advise against it. Some biblical stuff I heard of.

Now as far as discipline I've seen this in my own life. Every time I go against my parents wishes something bad happens. I think this is God telling me to honor my parents. You can say that I'm wrong. Or nuts. But it does change my thinking towards my parents. God does this to show me things. I'm a very close to God person. So I believe this stuff.

Look at me I'm ranting! You must think I have nothing better than to sit here and rant! I apoligize.

Bottom line, I wont change your mind because you have pre concieved notions that filter out what others say. All of us do. Even me.

So I wont change your mind but thank you for responding and not just putting down a bunch of smiley faces.

What you did takes some amount of thought. And I think you have more brain power than a lot of people on here.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 09:55 AM

Hey, didn't anyone get the memo? I AM JESUS CHRIST! I am on vacation becasue there is nothing to do in Heaven. I needed Beer, Broads, and Blunts! I could have visited Uncle Nick but dad is all bent at him still so I am not allowed there. Nick is however visiting me at a titty bar in Vegas like a couple of people here said but no Elvis is still in heaven and dad likes it when he performs Burning Love for him.

Nick does not want your sympathy. Just buy him a beer and he will be happy with you.

Oh God that pic brings back memories! That was one hell of a Halloween party! People assumed I was casting him back to hell. You fools are so wrong. Uncle Nick had a hot date (he said it was in Pompeii) so I was wishing him a good trip.

:angel:

Do you still work in the record store?

(See that episode of "Family guy" where peter meets jesus in the record store after his "Surfin bird" Record is ruined)

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 09:53 AM

Shinning armor writes:

If you want to learn about it then "google" it.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

What's wrong with using google? If you would like you could go to church and ask an acctual pastor, Or you could read revelations. But I doubt you would understand any of it.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 09:02 AM
This is all very interesting.

I enjoy science as much as the next guy. If you get sick science makes you well.

I you want to learn more about plants or animals. You study them.

Stars,planets, bugs, people, all part of science.

I think the best way to explain science is:

"The search for answers using the five senses"

Since God and prayer cannot be measured using the five senses one cannot look at from this perspective.

Doing so according to "Kent Hovnids" son "Is like looking at a computer from the inside" You can see how it all works but don't know if there is anyone controlling it on the outside. To fully understand you have to look at the computer from the outside. Science can't do that. Therefor your idea is flawed.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 08:54 AM

Imagine that you die, and you find yourself being questioned by your creator. You innately know that it is your creator speaking to you, and you also innately feel that the questions have no right or wrong answers. You innately know that you are not being judged. The creator is simply curious to know your thoughts on the following two questions. It's like a survey. There are no right or wrong answers. The creator is sincerely interested in hearing your genuine views, nothing more.

Your creator asks the following two questions:

Question #1:
What did you enjoy the most about your experience of life?

Question #2:
If you could suggest one thing that you feel could have improved your life's experience what would you suggest?

That's a very interesting question! If this "god" doesnt know all things, then he must not be jesus.

I'm going to to need more information on who this "Creator" is. What's his name? "Jebus?" "The Flying spagetti monster?" "The all seeing celestial white tiger?"

In answer to both questions I would ask my own.

"With all due respect sir, why do you ask?" and "What happens when I'm done here?"

I mean yea he asks the questions and there may be no wrong answer but, what if it's all in HOW you answer? or how long it takes to answer? Is there a reward? Or what!? There's simply not enough information here to answer that question!

Now if I was talking to MY God I would answer as follows:

"Well Jesus first let me say it's a pleasure to finally see you. I've waited my whole life for this and come heaven or hell I'm glad we can talk."

Question 1. "I think I enjoyed my imagination the most. I can do anything there and there is no consequence. I can read all kinds of fantastic stories and think of all sorts of theories and inventions.
I especially that joke about the origin of species that one guy made in his imagination!" (Some time would go by as me the creator and several others standing in line make jokes about it)

Question 2: "I would have made prayer more interactive. When I ask a question I get it just as I would if I was talking on the telephone. This way I can have a conversation rather than talk at you."

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 03/28/11 08:37 AM
Edited by ShiningArmour on Mon 03/28/11 08:38 AM

FreakyShiki writes:

Christ IS coming back.

Soon.

Are you ready?

Oh, by the way. I've been ready to meet my maker since the day I was born. So if your suggesting that some "Christ" is the creator, then yes, I've always been ready.

Unless you're trying to claim that there's some reason I shouldn't trust this so-called "Christ" to be a reasonable righteous entity? what

Are you suggesting that the "Christ" is going to be a nasty tyrant who will be hateful and mean toward people for no good reason? huh

Unless that's what you are suggesting, why would you think that someone might not be ready to meet this "Christ"?

What are you doing? Trying to spread fear in the name of the "Christ"?

Why should anyone fear the "return" of the "Christ"? From what I hear he's far more loving and forgiving than any mortal human who has ever lived!

Well, gee whiz, I wouldn't have any fear if my Aunt Murdel came back to save the world, so why should I fear the "Christ"?

Are you attempting to suggest that the "Christ" is an unrighteous bully who can't be trusted to even be as nice as much as my Aunt Murdel?

As long as the "Christ" is as nice as my Aunt Murdel, I'm sure we'll be just fine. And if he's not as nice, then I guess my Aunt Murdel surpasses the "Christ" in terms of love, righteousness and forgiveness.

Maybe we should all pray that my Aunt Murdel comes back since you don't trust the "Christ" to be as nice. bigsmile

Personally I think your mistrust in the "Christ" to be righteous is grossly misplaced paranoia. I've read the rumors about the "Christ" myself, and I see nothing to fear in them. He sounds like a pretty nice guy to me.

So cheer up and try to think a bit optimistically. Think of the most loving forgiving mortal human you've ever met and TRUST that the "Christ" will be even more loving and forgiving than them!

Hope this helps flowerforyou

That's a very interesting take on the end times abra.

You seem to think that Jesus/God is this all forgiving nice guy who just kind of winks when you do something wrong. Kind of like santa claus.

You are correct and at the same time you are also wrong.

No man is ready when he is born because he/she does not believe that there is a God or gods. They have no clue how to serve anyone much less God.

When you learn right from wrong then it's up to YOU to decide who you will serve. other wise there would be no free will. No choice. If everyone gets winked at and we all go heaven where is the choice in that? It's not there.
God gives us the choice to serve him or not to. That's why we can believe what we want to. God shows himself to those that serve him. If you don't serve you don't see. Because you don't CHOOSE to. That's part of free will. It's up to you.

Now everyone has a father. When you do something wrong the father disciplines you. Unless he does not love you, then he does nothing.
It's the same way with the end of the world. The world as a whole does not want God. They do not want to serve God. They want to do it all their way. You abra (No offense) Are living proof. It's shown by what you type here. Christians would call that your "Fruit" Good trees bear good fruit and bad trees bear bad fruit. You don't get apples from peach trees.
Do you bear bad fruit? No. You don't hate God as far as I know.
Now back to the father deal, at the end of the world the "World" Is judged for their unbelief in God.
The devil as he's called and his followers (Demons) Are free to do as they wish and God kills just about everyone during what's called "The Tribulation" it's a very drawn out and complex deal. If you want to learn about it then "google" it.

Yes God will forgive IF you choose to follow him and ASK for forgiveness. That's the CHOICE. If you don't ask then God will not force you. It's up to each and every individual.
It's a relationship! If you want to hang out with the cool guy at this party called life then you do! If you want to hit the bar and do things your own way then you do. You stay away from the cool guy at the party. But after the bar closes don't knock on his door and expect him to know you and welcome you in.

He made all his friends at the party. This is the after party get together, and you were not invited. Sorry.

You choose to sit at the bar and do things your own way. But hey! the bartender will let you go to his place! The heats always on high and his friends are abusive, but that's what you choose. Have a good time. drinker

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 03/27/11 02:01 PM
I used to read this series called "Lone wolf" Kind of a choose your own adventure type deal. I paged through it at the bookstore but that was about it.

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 03/27/11 06:45 AM
Edited by ShiningArmour on Sun 03/27/11 06:51 AM

President Obama returned to Washington, D.C., on Wednesday night expecting to face tough questions on Libya, Japan's earthquake recovery and other major international crises. But a more personal issue stood in the way: he appeared to be locked out of the White House.

Video of the First Family disembarking Air Force One showed Obama approaching the White House and trying to open a french door--that didn't budge. Barely pausing, he walked to the next set of doors, peering in as he passed, and tried a third set of doors with success.

You can watch the video after the jump:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110325/ts_yblog_theticket/theyre-just-like-us-even-presidents-get-locked-out

seems even the white house is tired of him too...laugh laugh laugh

two years and we have one good joke about Obama,, cute, proves even presidents arent magic wizards of perfect humans,,,

Obama is the joke, to bad it's not funny.

Obama is no joke. HE WON the presidential election. He graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law. He has an intelligent wife and beautiful family that (as far as anyone knows so far) he manages to actually be a FAITHFUL spouse and father to. ,,,,,,takes more than just some random idiot to do all that,,,regardless what people wish to label him,,,,

Yes He did win. He did graduate. And popular belief says he has an intelligent wife. (This of course is theory and has yet to be proven) He is a faithful spouse and father.

But it does not take more than a random idiot to do most of those things.

Look at what he's done for us so far...He's attempted to reform healthcare into a government run deal.
Sorry obama, Government does not do anything right anyhow I don't want them doing healthcare.

He raised the national debt over a trillion dollars. You could stack dollar bills to the moon if you had that manny.

He goes to war because it looks good!? Why go to war with libiya? What!? We don't belong there! And its to little to late! Crackhead obama royally screwed this one up.

He has accomplished little to nothing. Because the man has no experience! Even his so called stimulus failed!
Scot walkers bill I think will repair the budget for one state. Obama even wanted to stop that one. But to be fair he's blowing the union thugs. And he really can't help it.
If you want obama jokes then listen to rush limbaugh. He's full of them.

Here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7caWGfAEX_0

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 03/27/11 06:31 AM
One of those average joes in the backround during "Pashen of the christ" I'm nothing special after all.

ShiningArmour's photo
Sat 03/26/11 07:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVHS36PEcXk&feature=related

ShiningArmour's photo
Sat 03/26/11 06:45 AM

Alright, lets get the semantics out of the way.

http://wilstar.com/theories.htm

I didn't sign on to teach a class on evolution. You guys are either lack the educational background (this is not an insult) to understand what I'm talking about or you are being deliberately obtuse.

If any of you are truly interested in learning why evolution is the best game in town you can watch a series of videos called "Growing Up in the Universe." You can find them free on you tube.

I have always been the type of person that accepts nothing at face value. I question everything and look at the opposite point of view before deciding which side I land on.

I didn't believe evolution in the beginning either. But, the more I learned about it the harder it was for me to deny it.

I am a seeker of truth. I want to understand the truth even if it means everything I thought I knew is wrong. I am hunger for knowledge. You may find the videos above dull, but I LOVED watching them. I'd rather watch that kind of thing than anything else I can think of.

Besides I have no reason to watch a video about the theory of turtles and evolution.

If you can convince me that my earliest ancestor is a ball of mud, maybe I'll watch.

Until then, I'll skip the evolutionary guesswork and stick with the facts :wink:

ShiningArmour's photo
Sat 03/26/11 06:43 AM
It seems like the people who read this book take it on blind faith.

Anything that can't be explained is simply put on hold for "Some day we will know"

And then they attack US for having the faith!

It takes MORE faith to believe this BS!

ShiningArmour's photo
Sat 03/26/11 06:41 AM

Depends on the author and the book. I enjoy some series, even without playing the series, and then there's others that just irritate me no end. I've never had many problems with Forgotten Realms, but haven't tried Baldur's Gate.

I do want to get into the HALO books, but could care less about the video games. The soundtracks are good though!

See now that's what I mean. I've played HALO. So when they mention "the Flood" I wont think to myself "Huh? Whats that?" I know what it is!
In my last book "Once around the realms" they mention the "Beholder" They take no time to explain what it looks like or acts like they just say what its name is and what it does.
Which is why I asked if maybe I don't belong reading these books. But thank you for the info. At least I know I'm not the only one who does this sort of thing.

ShiningArmour's photo
Sat 03/26/11 06:38 AM

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Oh my gosh, yes I do lack the educational background to understand what you are saying, what
However i do have quiet an extensive knowledge of the Bible, not because I have had formal training, but because i have lived a life with Jesus and God as my guidepost.
I have little knowledge of churches or religion, however I did attend a few churches but found that with all their teachings they had torn the bible apart and wandered off the true meaning of Gods word. some places picked a specific part of the bible to focus on but missed others, and so many people where hypocrites. Very few people lived a life where they genuinly cared for others, most people talked about others peoples failings others focused so much on finances that i could hardly see god through it.

So I decided that was a God I wasnt interested in and read through the bible myself, i have a very old bible that is hundres of years old, I have the hebrew translations as well to cross reference andything that I am not sure of, I have the amplified , the king james, and many others as i love seeing what each version has been translated to mean, then I look at what is actually been said,

I am not interested in haveing to work out if the bible is fact or not, I am interested in knowing god, so I loved to see what he was saying and use it through my life, in how I treat others and what I do.

Nothing can ever change my belief in Gods word, not because i dont have the understanding or educations to understand it, not because I am obtuse, but simply because Gods word is truth and I have a faith that wont be shaken, by anything.

So I do find what you say interesting, and i do enjoy reading your posts, but if you look closely at the scientific findings against evolution you will find that they are based on scientific facts as well.

I do respect your opinion but will never agree with it,

Do you believe in miracles or are they out now as well.

I'm not trying to change your faith. I'm simply pointing out that Jesus said things about the end of the world that didn't come to pass within the time frame he said. Does that mean everything he said is BS? No. The bible makes more sense if you acknowledge these inconsistencies.

In order to understand what the bible truly means, you must put the words in their historical context. This is what biblical scholarship is all about.

Why, for example, does the bible forbid wearing two different kinds fabrics of clothes at the same time? Or eating shellfish? Or, for that matter, homosexuality? To understand you have to put it in historical context. It could be there were issues at the time that made these thing a good idea, but things may be different today.

I also understand that just because something didn't happen doesn't mean the stories aren't true. Meaning the stories contain truths that may help people to live a better life.

What I said about lacking the educational background refers to the ones that don't understand what a scientific theory is. How can I make any kind of point when the meaning of the words I use is called into question?

Lastly, using the quote button makes it easier for others to read and understand.

Astounding! You know as much about Christianity as I know about evolution!

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25