Community > Posts By > ShiningArmour

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 04/12/11 05:50 AM
I'm going through the core books for the story arc "Fear itself" I'm also reading "Deadpool" (Soon to be a movie happy ) And I'm planning on reading "Deadpool family" I also read "Kurohime"

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 04/12/11 05:46 AM
Edited by ShiningArmour on Tue 04/12/11 06:02 AM

The things we tell and try and Teach our children in real life are hard to do.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

That an extremely easy ideal to live by.

But it can also be extremely problematic.

Suppose that a person is gay. They do not judge the sexual orientation and behaviors for others, and would have them to the same unto them.

They can live their half of this ideal with no problem, but what happens in reality?

Well, in realities the other people who claim to be supporting this same philosophy DO NOT adhere to it themselves. Because they make fun of the gay person, ridicule and belittle their lifestyle, and even condemn them as being "sinners" who are refusing to repent their "evil ways". ohwell

In other words, it doesn't to a person much good to "
Do unto others as you would have them do to you.", if the other people aren't also following this same philosophy.

I doubt that anyone would want to be ridiculed and judged to be a "sinner" based on their personal innate desires and lifestyle. Yet many people who claim to adhere to the ideal, "Do unto others as you would have them do to you." do indeed ridicule, judge, and condemn other people to be 'sinning' in the eyes of God.

So where this ideology fail Miles, is often with the most devout religious people who are attempting to shove their ideals onto everyone else in direct conflict with the ideal of, "Do unto others as you would have them do to you."

So the problem lies with religious hypocrisy and nowhere else in this particular case. flowerforyou

Abra.. it is as I have said before a simple reasoning about life.

Never meant to be contraversial or anything.

You speak of ridiculing.. You are the one RIDICULING Abra. Why?

What did I say here so wrong?

No you hate the scriptures and do exactly what you claim believers do.. SLAM your RELIGION down everybodies throats.

Then claim you are not religious. Yet you say you are very Spiritual.

Spiritual for what? Slamming everyone no matter what they say?

Thats Prophecy being fullfilled by you Abra and you will still go off with non sence because of one thing.

You and others want it your way.. You all are smarter than everyone else because you ,make up your rules as you go.

I follow a way of life written in a book to the best of my ability.

I put it out thier and you say its EVIL.. good for you.

ShiningArmour's photo
Wed 04/06/11 06:15 AM

hard to blame this on bush, huh...

hard to 'blame' it on any one person,,,its been going on for years, the debt build up has maintained an increase of about half trill per years since 2000, and 1 trill in 2007, 2 tril in 2008, and 1.5 tril in 2009

same with the deficit, which was 'in the black' to the tune of 236 billion when clinton left office but by 2004 had nearly doubled to 413 billion and at the end of 2008(when bush signed the 700 billion bank bailout package) grew to 438 billion

then in 2009. Obama enacted the economic recovery plan for 787 billion, somehow bringing us to 1.4 trillion in debt

( I say somehow , because the math seems shady to me, but this is whats reported as true. Bush signed a 700 billion package which reportedly only raised the deficit another 25 bill but OBama signed a 787 billion package which reportedly raised the deficit the full 787 billion)

but my point is, the spending and debt/deficit issues begun long before most had even HEARD the name Obama

keep in mind also, the fiscal year runs from october through september, so when a president 'leaves office' we are still mostly under THEIR budget until the first october of the next presidents first term

just so you know, it is 2011 right now...when did bush leave office?

No word from the leftys...Does that mean you win this argument

ShiningArmour's photo
Wed 04/06/11 06:13 AM
You ever wonder? If God already knows what you want and need why does he make you ask?

ShiningArmour's photo
Wed 04/06/11 06:10 AM
Stop asking. He will reveal himself in due time. I know because I AM and introverte!

ShiningArmour's photo
Wed 04/06/11 06:05 AM

I also bought, "The Restaurant at the end of the Universe" (Look this one up on Amazon.com as I forgot the name of the author)

Douglas Adams

thanks

Do you have the first book in the series? (Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy)

No, I saw the movie

ShiningArmour's photo
Wed 04/06/11 06:03 AM

That is the beauty of a REPUBLIC. (You can cycle the leaders but they should be allowed the whole cycle to give you reason).
No. the beauty of this Republic is that the states have the right to provide their own mechanism for ridding themselves of the vermin that accidentally got voted in.

Can you feel the love?

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 04/05/11 02:02 PM
Edited by ShiningArmour on Tue 04/05/11 02:11 PM

Come on man! where is your sense of humor
I guess I lost it when I turned 14.

Sorry to hear that artlo. I would hate to see you at parties. Or on a date. Without a sense of humor I mean.

Reminds me of that rock song by ozzie "Tell a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"

Anyhow this is OFF TOPIC. Please refer to the top of this thread.

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 04/05/11 01:53 PM

Those funny-name jokes were hilarious when I was about 13 years old.

Come on man! where is your sense of humor

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 04/05/11 01:48 PM
I saw a man who wanted to recall some conservative guy. (I forgot who) Thinking to myself of some fun. I thought of going up to the table the man had set up and sighning the list. Jack Meoff would be my name. From 3601 harryballs ln.

If anyone does do this, Post your story here! I would love to read it.

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 04/05/11 09:37 AM

I also bought, "The Restaurant at the end of the Universe" (Look this one up on Amazon.com as I forgot the name of the author)

Douglas Adams

thanks

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 04/05/11 09:35 AM
Once went to a palm reader.

She was a very nice woman. When she noticed how sticky it was and the calluses she somehow knew I masturbated a lot! HOW DID SHE KNOW!?

I guess that seals it. Palm reading is real. laugh

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 04/05/11 09:29 AM

BUSH DID IT! laugh

the bastard!...he's busy helping muslim women now...

Of all the nerve! First he helps us then he helps them!? Where does it all end!!?? WHEN DOES THE HURTING STOP!!?

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 04/05/11 09:26 AM

BUSH DID IT! laugh

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 04/05/11 09:25 AM
rofl

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 04/05/11 09:22 AM
I just finished "The Color of Magic" by terry Pratchet and will be starting "The Light fantastic" (Same author) very soon.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 04/04/11 12:28 PM

because it could be true...the same way a scary movie makes me scared... i would like to believe in it, but in my life i have never seen anything to make me believe in it... i'm not saying your wrong or it didn't happen, I'm simply saying that those things pass me by. i have camped out in haunted houses, went camping were Bigfoot supposed to live, went to seances, anything within my power to see something like those things...but they never show themselves to me, if they are real...even the stupid ufos won't let me see them... sigh, oh well, maybe someday...

You don't know what you are asking for. And, even if you did see them...what would it mean? Would it mean there is a God or a Devil? Seeing "something" or having an "experience" is not proof of either.

maybe so... i do tend to make wrong decisions at times... but then agian, if i did see a ufo, i would do what i can to get in it and meet them, same with angels and demons or even ghosts... just more knowledge...

and proof..i always need proof of anything...just for myself, not for the world...

I wish you the best in your search for truth.

flowerforyou drinker flowers

To quote the X-files, "The truth is out there" :tongue:

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 04/04/11 11:44 AM
Edited by ShiningArmour on Mon 04/04/11 11:49 AM

So long we are alive we are thankful to 'God'.
What is the ultimate goal of the life?smokin

This would be better posted in "Christian singles" but I'll answer it anyway.

Everyone has a purpose to their life. Maybe it's to minister, feed the hungry. I don't know. Nobody know their purpose until they ask.

That's why the "Meaning of life" is not known. It's different for everyone.

Now I'm wondering why you think that this would better be posted in the "Christian singles?" Christians don't own God. I believe in God and having a purpose in life -- and I'm not a Christian.

It's not that they "Own" God. Nobody "Owns" God. God is a living being. You can't "own" God.

However God does have a way of working. He does have rules and ways that he does things. I think it would be better posted in "Christian singles" Because those people would actually know what they are talking about!

Nobody would argue about fables or scientific theory's. They would give this person the correct answer! Not some off the wall nonsense about ghosts or lawn gnomes or what not

i have seen more proof of ghosts and yard gnomes than i have of god...

I own a yard gnome! His name is lucky. (Because he's good luck)

Now since nobody can "Own" anything I can safely say that he comes awake after the sun sets and does my chores.

If you disagree then you are wrong. You do do not own lawn gnomes.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 04/04/11 11:44 AM
All nonsense aside. If you want to know about God (As in Jesus) Talk to someone who has studied the bible.

Just like anything else. Otherwise believe what you want.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 04/04/11 11:42 AM

Atheism is an example.

Long story short Christians do not own God.

If you want advice on how to handle a cold you see a doctor
If you want to know how the world works you talk to a scientist
If you want to know about God who do YOU think you talk to?

Someone who has their own idea? OR Someone who studies that sort of thing?

You go to the person with the facts. The person who studies it. Anyone else is guessing.

Atheism has nothing to do with what I am saying here. You say that Christians do not own God, then walk the walk. Stop implying, and insisting that they do.

You assume that only Christians "study" about God. Are you serious? Are you living under a rock?

You said that only they know what they are talking about when it comes to God. That is you saying that Christianity owns God.

If this does not clear things up, then you just have blinders on.

Now your just attacking. Down girl! OFF!

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25