Community > Posts By > DonnyRover

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 06/04/15 04:11 AM
There's a few people I wish I had seen live who are sadly no longer with us,Phill Lynott, Gary Moore and Ian Dury spring to mind. At least I saw Freddie Mercury in all his pomp at Leeds in 1982. Happy Days!!

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 06/04/15 04:06 AM
Yep I said earlier in this thread that Mastodon dabbled in Prog, I would say that some of Opeth and Dream Theatre's stuff could be pigeon holed as prog also.

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 06/04/15 04:03 AM
This week i have listened to Soulfly, Cavallera Conspiracy, satirycon Slipknot and Darkness. Now that's what I call metal. Hoping to see Slayer in Leeds in November!
pitchfork

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 06/04/15 04:01 AM
Hungry for Heaven - Dio

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 06/04/15 04:00 AM
God hates us all - Slayer

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 06/04/15 03:59 AM
Last of our kind- The Darkness, class as usual!
:smile:

DonnyRover's photo
Fri 05/29/15 03:39 AM

Hi, my first post on this site so hello all.
I saw him with Ritchie at Hammy Odeon as it was then, I can't remember the date.
I was also at The Butterfly Ball and the Grasshopper's Feast at The Royal Albert Hall. Ronnie sang 'Love is All'.
Great time, both gigs.

HI mate. Lucky you!
waving

DonnyRover's photo
Fri 05/29/15 03:38 AM
The 80's music scene started off ok, the embers of punk were still glowing but I think it all went T**s up when rap and house came along and punk was all but forgotten and metal went a bit underground apart from the cock rock stuff such as Kiss, Def Leppard and Bon Jovi!

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 05/28/15 04:21 AM
Underpass - John Foxx

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 05/28/15 04:21 AM

Queen's bohemian rhapsody is absolutely amazing

Yes it is but that came out in 1975 then was re-released in 1991 after Freddies death. As for the 80's I was into electro stuff such as Gary Numan, OMD, Human league etc but also liked XTC and a few Punk bands who were still on the go such as stranglers. I then got into meatal such as Maiden, Twisted Sister and older bands like Led Ze, AC/DC etc. Queen were always my favourite but I aslo had to listen to other stuff in the 80's, we were a big family in a small house and my sisters listened to Brian Ferry, Spandau Ballet, Durran durran and the like. Weird times indeed,lol
:smile:

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 05/27/15 04:30 AM

I suffered with depression in my early twenties for months, then I had a real drink problem. I have been totally dry for 10 years and I am on anti d's but my GP says I don't suffer from depression I just get frustrated with life, I turned my life round completely but I am disillusioned with how things have turned out. I found out the hard way that in the end you can have as much help as you want but in the end its down to you. That's not a criticism of any body who is down now, I feel for you its just a cruel fact of life!

flowerforyou

Thanks
flowerforyou

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 05/27/15 04:27 AM
Don't know if they are the same obstacles as the UK version but a lot of them seem to keep falling in the water in our version?

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 05/27/15 04:25 AM
Bon Jovi, Europe and all those punk rock 101 bands.

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 05/27/15 04:23 AM

I used to love buying vinyl especially if it had a gate fold sleeve. I have a turntable that I acquired through sad circumstances, my elderly neighbour passed away a few years ago. It still works but I wouldn't pay over �20 for an album when i can get the same CD for about a tenner. I lived with my folks when I used to buy vinyl so i had less to pay out back then, lol.

Thanks for stopping back by, Donny! I have found some good vinyl albums at Flea markets & yard sales around here, but they are never in good enough condition for me- noway Even if only a DOLLAR or Two! ohwell

No probs,I have just got into Cavalera conspiracy , being a big fan of Sepultura.I listen to all sorts, Jobs for a cowboy,Mastodon, Korn,Slipknot(Saw them two a couple of months ago in Sheffield),Battlecross, the list is endless. Looking forward to the new Darkness album out on the 1 June, saw them a while back as well. Got my ticket for Joe Satriani for November who i saw two years ago. He has a new album coming out in July.
Stay safe
J:smile:

DonnyRover's photo
Tue 05/26/15 02:00 AM
Not long now, got that Saturday off so will be able to watch it, still not sure who to back.

DonnyRover's photo
Tue 05/26/15 01:58 AM
I work in a care home and the UK version is on when I work Saturday lates. I can't comment on the US version but the UK one is garbage, its just loads of other game shows re-hashed such as gladiators, its a knockout etc.I usually have to take someone out Saturday evenings so fortunately I miss it and the rubbish that follows it namely Britain's got talent. CRINGE!!

DonnyRover's photo
Tue 05/26/15 01:53 AM
Josh Homme!

DonnyRover's photo
Tue 05/26/15 01:52 AM
I used to love buying vinyl especially if it had a gate fold sleeve. I have a turntable that I acquired through sad circumstances, my elderly neighbour passed away a few years ago. It still works but I wouldn't pay over �20 for an album when i can get the same CD for about a tenner. I lived with my folks when I used to buy vinyl so i had less to pay out back then, lol.

DonnyRover's photo
Tue 05/26/15 01:46 AM
Rock and Roll aint noise pollution - AC/DC

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 05/20/15 03:53 AM
I suffered with depression in my early twenties for months, then I had a real drink problem. I have been totally dry for 10 years and I am on anti d's but my GP says I don't suffer from depression I just get frustrated with life, I turned my life round completely but I am disillusioned with how things have turned out. I found out the hard way that in the end you can have as much help as you want but in the end its down to you. That's not a criticism of any body who is down now, I feel for you its just a cruel fact of life!

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25