DonnyRover's photo
Wed 05/20/15 03:43 AM
Nuclear Device - Stranglers

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 05/20/15 03:43 AM
Music - John Miles

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 05/20/15 03:42 AM

I had a lot of his stuff on vinyl, he was a brilliant rock singer. My favourites are time to burn, hungry for heaven, Holy diver and Mystery.

That's cool!
I don't have anything of his on VINYL!ohwell
But if I did, they would be in excellent condition-bigsmile

I had loads of stuff on vinyl including picture discs, but then I hit a rough patch saw a bloke on a market stall who came to my flat and I let him take what he wanted for �95. I couldn't look at my collection for years after that but when I did I was distraught. Yep the bloke ripped me off but desperate times call for desperate measures and all that, if I see an album I used to have on vinyl that's cheap on CD i sometimes buy it on impulse.
Vinyl is coming back in but they are over �20 each, I saw the new Blur album in my Local HMV last week and it was �25

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 05/20/15 03:34 AM
A night at The Opera - Queen. 40 years old but still a classic!
:smile:

DonnyRover's photo
Mon 05/18/15 04:44 AM
Does anyone know how he is ?

DonnyRover's photo
Mon 05/18/15 04:43 AM
Only know heart of gold I'm afraid!

DonnyRover's photo
Mon 05/18/15 04:42 AM
Kashmir - Led Zeppelin

DonnyRover's photo
Mon 05/18/15 04:37 AM
I had a lot of his stuff on vinyl, he was a brilliant rock singer. My favourites are time to burn, hungry for heaven, Holy diver and Mystery.

DonnyRover's photo
Sat 05/16/15 03:42 AM

At least you blokes are talking about real football, instead of that American game being called "football". drinker

Never a true word spoken, american "football" contravenes the trades description act. It just aint football.

DonnyRover's photo
Sat 05/16/15 03:37 AM

I used to run sound for a local band in my area of northwest Ohio.
A few of my favorite bands have been local/regional. drinker A lot of hard rock/metal bands. :thumbsup:

Then again if you think about it, most bands that made it big did start off in some sort of local scene...just saying.

Yep Scoob your right then Mr Cowell came along with all his manafactured C**P and boybands and now the tossers with no musical talent what so ever have a unfair advantage on bands who actually write their own songs and play their own banjos. Oh how I hate thee Simon Cowelll!
frustrated

DonnyRover's photo
Sat 05/16/15 03:33 AM
Evil eyes - Dio

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 05/14/15 04:22 AM
So How did you get on?

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 05/14/15 04:21 AM
Well they would argue they are Catalonian but lets not be picky.So i was wrong, Barca -Juve final, Barca should win but who knows, I haven't seen much of Juve this season so I wouldn't back Barca with %100 confidence.should be a good game though.

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 05/14/15 04:14 AM
Zzzonked - Enter Shikari

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 05/14/15 04:11 AM
Don't really know any but my nephew was in a band when he was 14, namely Dysfuntional and they did a few gigs in Sheffield with other local bands.Some were ok, I went to a few of the gigs, they soon fell out though. My nephew still has guitar and drum lessons, perhaps he will start another band?

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 05/14/15 04:08 AM
Heritage - Opeth

DonnyRover's photo
Tue 05/12/15 03:32 AM
No probs, another earthquake in Nepal puts my minor problems into perspective even though I am well down at the moment.
frustrated

DonnyRover's photo
Tue 05/12/15 03:27 AM
just google gigs in your area and that should work, that's what I do

DonnyRover's photo
Mon 05/11/15 05:22 AM
Well after the first legs I would say it looks like a Barca and Real Madrid final as Real have that all important away goal.

DonnyRover's photo
Mon 05/11/15 05:19 AM

the boxer I admire most has always been and always will be the butterfly & the bee

Ali is hands down the best

Yep I said that at the beginning of this thread but was contradicted by a certain individual! Its my opinion not based on pound for pound statistics and whatever else they use these days!!

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25