Community > Posts By > Workin4it

Workin4it's photo
Sun 10/08/17 05:27 PM

Good evening my lovely people of mingle2, sorry I haven't post in a while I took my lady & my two teen sons on a vacation to unwind but your man is back. Okay lets get right into it, okay, America let me ask you this, when you watch your local news have you ever get frustrated that it seems that most news are focus on negativity? We had this discussion in my world politics class and it was a great talk. What I observe was that some of us came to the conclusion that most " Big Stories" are focus on murder, mass shootings, rape, robberies, and then last positive. I know negative news makes corporations money as well big endorsements by various sponsors. Here's an ideal, why don't people hold the media accountable for what they show us. I mean, boycott or even go after the sponsors to put a balance of news. We need the negative big stories but we also need a bone toss at us once in a while with something beneficial. One thing I like & respect about Tonight shows when they do there news sketches they tend to make jokes out of the serious news. Shows like " Saturday Night Live", " Conan O'Brien Show, " Jimmy Fallon Show" even "The View". So America, can the news we watch be changed by us that watch it? Is the power of people in mass numbers hold news networks accountable for a equal balance of news we receive? Or is it beaten a dead horse or nothing can be done at all? So let's talk , what do you think ?

All Replies Will Be Returned
Thank You All
EyeAmYourHost39
I think your right about the media pushing high velocity news verses someone living to be 110. The latter is a much more infrequent event, but it doesnt attract viewers. I understand that, but that's much differant than telling half a story or twist the facts or even worse not reporting the certain stories if it makes the opposition look good. This is why I will not watch any news casts on the liberal news channels. And everyone knows who they are. As far as getting news from the late night dweebs or " the view" , why not get your medical advise from Dr. Dre or your anti - drug activist could be wille Nelson .

Just a suggestion to consider: you are actually short-changing yourself this way. You are obviously capable of fending off propaganda, so it wouldn't magically harm you to include some of those "liberal" channels in your rotation.

I like to read a full spectrum of reports on important issues, precisely so that I know what each segment of the society is being told.

A quick way to do that is to start from the NEWSPRISM site, which is just a link-to-links site. It has an array of differently biased news sources, major ones, arranged according to their most common bias. You can click on each one in succession, and get each one's take on things.

I have found that even sites with a bias I distrust, will often have some element that bears further investigation to fill out the entire story.
thanks but no thanks, I think wasteing my time hoping that I'll hear a fair and balanced report on anything coming from the Liberal news networks. They are not real news reporters . News reports should be totally non- bias. Report the news. Period. The viewers will make up their own mind. There's a reason the media has the lowest viewership ever. No one trusts them.

Workin4it's photo
Fri 10/06/17 05:44 PM

Good evening my lovely people of mingle2, sorry I haven't post in a while I took my lady & my two teen sons on a vacation to unwind but your man is back. Okay lets get right into it, okay, America let me ask you this, when you watch your local news have you ever get frustrated that it seems that most news are focus on negativity? We had this discussion in my world politics class and it was a great talk. What I observe was that some of us came to the conclusion that most " Big Stories" are focus on murder, mass shootings, rape, robberies, and then last positive. I know negative news makes corporations money as well big endorsements by various sponsors. Here's an ideal, why don't people hold the media accountable for what they show us. I mean, boycott or even go after the sponsors to put a balance of news. We need the negative big stories but we also need a bone toss at us once in a while with something beneficial. One thing I like & respect about Tonight shows when they do there news sketches they tend to make jokes out of the serious news. Shows like " Saturday Night Live", " Conan O'Brien Show, " Jimmy Fallon Show" even "The View". So America, can the news we watch be changed by us that watch it? Is the power of people in mass numbers hold news networks accountable for a equal balance of news we receive? Or is it beaten a dead horse or nothing can be done at all? So let's talk , what do you think ?

All Replies Will Be Returned
Thank You All
EyeAmYourHost39
I think your right about the media pushing high velocity news verses someone living to be 110. The latter is a much more infrequent event, but it doesnt attract viewers. I understand that, but that's much differant than telling half a story or twist the facts or even worse not reporting the certain stories if it makes the opposition look good. This is why I will not watch any news casts on the liberal news channels. And everyone knows who they are. As far as getting news from the late night dweebs or " the view" , why not get your medical advise from Dr. Dre or your anti - drug activist could be wille Nelson .

Workin4it's photo
Tue 10/03/17 02:26 PM

1st that professor saying victims of Hurricane Harvey was karma. Then Bette
Milder saying Harvey victims don't deserve fed aid...now this?

CBS fires VP for writing 'Republican gun toters' killed in Las Vegas don't deserve sympathy

CBS fired a company executive Monday after she criticized some victims of the Las Vegas mass shooting as “Republican gun toters” who did not deserve sympathy.

Geftman-Gold made her Facebook comments in the aftermath of the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history, with at least 59 people killed and more than 500 injured. The attack occurred at the end of a three-day country music festival held over the weekend on the Las Vegas Strip. The event drew a diverse crowd of thousands of music fans, and police said the audience was more than 22,000 strong when gunshots rang out about 10 p.m. Sunday.

CBS confirmed to The Washington Post on Monday that Geftman-Gold was dismissed for her “deeply unacceptable” comments on social media.

“This individual, who was with us for approximately one year, violated the standards of our company and is no longer an employee of CBS,” the company said in a statement.

“Her views as expressed on social media are deeply unacceptable to all of us at CBS. Our hearts go out to the victims in Las Vegas and their families.”

Her posts have since been deleted.

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/10/02/cbs-fires-lawyer-for-facebook-post-saying-las-vegas-victims-do-not-deserve-sympathy/
statements like these are the reason why there is such a division in America , and more and more you hear it from one side only, I don't think there has ever been a time when republican politicians have uttered such vulgar statements. This is why I find it hard not to hate liberal democrats. Someone that could be so cold hearted as to say these things deserves to be hated and shunned by society .

Workin4it's photo
Sat 09/30/17 12:30 PM

What IS the American 'way of life' you imagine he has defended? Why did he not defend it as a young man when he had some 'physical ailment' preventing him from joining the service? Some ailment that has cured itself and made him 'the healthiest president' ever according to his whacky doctor ... whoa

How has he stopped spending when his budget has not even started yet? It it likely he REALLY recognizes wasteful spending being that he has REPEATEDLY filed bankruptcies in his birthright occupation?

Are muslims 'legal citizens'? are women 'legal citizens'? are Voters legal citizens? Are pageant girls legal citizens? are NFL players legal citizens? Are protestors legal citizens?

who are 'good people doing their job' and who is 'trying to get in their way'?

I thought Trump was 'turning off voters' with all his public and vocal protesting too, but like he said, even if he shot someone in the middle of times square, his supporters would carry on worshiping him.
the American way of life is respecting people , the law, our past, and our differsnces without shouting down opposite opinions. Good people are those that work to make life better for themselves and family's and ultimately the country. And that includes Muslims, women, gays, nfl , and any one else. ( nice twisting of my statement . #1 lesson in the liberal handbook of George Sorros,s book.) I think it's called " How to be a P.O.S.".. The people in the way are the " people"? that block traffic, hold protest banners at ball games and blocking the view of others, the protesters that loot, busy windows, jump on the police cars. Etc. Etc. Etc. His supporters will stand with him always as long as he keeps trying to accomplish what's best for this country. He won't win ever time but he try's and that is what has been missing from the office of the POTUS . As far as his not serving in the armed forces . Lots of folks didn't even your hero Barry Obama , but I guess you have to be a u.s.citizen first. Maybe you can tell us what wacky disease you diagnosed Trump had to keep him out. The big differance between rep. And dem. is dems. Would rather sit in a nice looking ride that won't run, and republicans want to be in one that runs no matter what it looks like.

Workin4it's photo
Sat 09/30/17 12:30 PM

What IS the American 'way of life' you imagine he has defended? Why did he not defend it as a young man when he had some 'physical ailment' preventing him from joining the service? Some ailment that has cured itself and made him 'the healthiest president' ever according to his whacky doctor ... whoa

How has he stopped spending when his budget has not even started yet? It it likely he REALLY recognizes wasteful spending being that he has REPEATEDLY filed bankruptcies in his birthright occupation?

Are muslims 'legal citizens'? are women 'legal citizens'? are Voters legal citizens? Are pageant girls legal citizens? are NFL players legal citizens? Are protestors legal citizens?

who are 'good people doing their job' and who is 'trying to get in their way'?

I thought Trump was 'turning off voters' with all his public and vocal protesting too, but like he said, even if he shot someone in the middle of times square, his supporters would carry on worshiping him.
the American way of life is respecting people , the law, our past, and our differsnces without shouting down opposite opinions. Good people are those that work to make life better for themselves and family's and ultimately the country. And that includes Muslims, women, gays, nfl , and any one else. ( nice twisting of my statement . #1 lesson in the liberal handbook of George Sorros,s book.) I think it's called " How to be a P.O.S.".. The people in the way are the " people"? that block traffic, hold protest banners at ball games and blocking the view of others, the protesters that loot, busy windows, jump on the police cars. Etc. Etc. Etc. His supporters will stand with him always as long as he keeps trying to accomplish what's best for this country. He won't win ever time but he try's and that is what has been missing from the office of the POTUS . As far as his not serving in the armed forces . Lots of folks didn't even your hero Barry Obama , but I guess you have to be a u.s.citizen first. Maybe you can tell us what wacky disease you diagnosed Trump had to keep him out. The big differance between rep. And dem. is dems. Would rather sit in a nice looking ride that won't run, and republicans want to be in one that runs no matter what it looks like.

Workin4it's photo
Sat 09/30/17 07:12 AM
I'm so thankful we have a president that is watching out for Americans . He is stopping the wasteful spending of taxpayer money , he is sticking up for our flag and military and law enforcement and calling out those who disrespect our way of life. He is confronting North Korea and Iran over the danger they present to the world. I think the reason the democrats hate him so much is because their guy obama and Biden ruled by the opinions of anyone who who thought they were treated unfair and being held back by white privilege . Trump is concentrating on the U.S. and all the legal citizens. Trump may be a little rough around the edges but he's got a handle on how to fix the problems Obama and the left put on us. To all you protesters getting in the way of good people trying to do their job or just enjoy a day at the ball field , get the hell out of my way. These losers think they are doing something good for our future but all their doing is turning of voters

Workin4it's photo
Wed 09/27/17 06:25 PM

Adidas exec, 4 coaches charged in college bribery scheme

NEW YORK — In one of the biggest crackdowns on the corrupting role of money in college basketball, 10 men -- including a top Adidas executive and four assistant coaches -- were charged Tuesday with using hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes to influence star athletes' choice of schools, shoe sponsors, agents, even tailors.

Some of the most explosive allegations appeared to involve Louisville, one of college basketball's biggest powerhouses, which is already on NCAA probation over a sex scandal.

Federal prosecutors said at least three top high school recruits were promised payments of as much as $150,000 -- using money supplied by Adidas -- to attend two universities sponsored by the athletic shoe company. Court papers didn't name the schools but contained enough details to identify them as Louisville and Miami.

"The picture of college basketball painted by the charges is not a pretty one," said acting U.S. Attorney Joon H. Kim, adding that the defendants were "circling blue-chip prospects like coyotes" and exploited them to enrich themselves.

Prosecutors said that while some of the bribe money went to athletes and their families, some went to coaches, to get them to use their influence over their potentially NBA-bound players.

The coaches charged are Chuck Person of Auburn, Emanuel Richardson of Arizona, Tony Bland of Southern California and Lamont Evans of Oklahoma State. Person and Evans were immediately suspended.

Those charged also include James Gatto, director of global sports marketing for basketball at Adidas; Rashan Michel, a maker of custom suits for some of the NBA's biggest stars; and various financial advisers and managers.

NCAA President Mark Emmert condemned the alleged misconduct, saying in a statement, "Coaches hold a unique position of trust with student-athletes and their families, and these bribery allegations, if true, suggest an extraordinary and despicable breach of that trust."

Since 2015, the FBI has been investigating the influence of money on coaches and players in the NCAA. Kim noted that a special FBI hotline has been set up and asked anyone aware of additional corruption to come forward.

Prosecutors said the coaches took bribes to use their "enormous influence" to steer players toward certain financial advisers and agents.

Most if not all of the 10 defendants were under arrest. Lawyers for Gatto and three of the coaches did not immediately respond to requests for comment. It was not clear whether Evans had an attorney.
Person, associate head coach at Auburn, was drafted by the Indiana Pacers in 1986 and played for five NBA teams over 13 seasons.

Prosecutors said Person accepted about $91,500 in bribes from Blazer in 2016 to steer clients to him when they reached the NBA. Some payments were alleged to have been arranged by Michel, a former NBA referee turned high-end clothier.

Person was quoted by prosecutors as telling one player: "The most important part is that you ... don't say nothing to anybody ... don't share with your sisters, don't share with any of the teammates, that's very important `cause this is a violation ... of rules. But this is how the NBA players get it done."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/adidas-exec-4-coaches-charged-in-college-bribery-scheme/ar-AAsuhOi?li=BBnbfcL

louisville coach Rick Pitino on administrative leave. I would bet that he won't coach again at a major sports college. Sometimes you just get to big for your britches!

Workin4it's photo
Mon 09/25/17 12:18 PM

If I might respectfully disagree here without being character assassinated for daring to disagree, or
characterized as 'always' something or another or needing to 'win' something ...

IN MY OPINION-

Actors and entertainers have a job, like any other people in a job, they have events for recognition of achievements, as they should.

Actors and entertainers have a unique privilege and responsibility due to how many people they reach and how many people watch them and they are US Citizens. In this, I am fine with them using that special position to do more than gloat about themselves but to speak to events of the world.

I doubt the emmys will be cancelled because of people not approving anymore than presidential innaugurations or any other 'recognition' based televised events. At most, it will be re thought and 'modernized' to compete with other television shows.
so I guess you would have been alright with the CMT awards to have called Obama a racist , thug, crackhead, or other names I won't use here. Which they didn't. To much class I guess.

If they could back it up , no.
BTW, did the emmy folks actually call Trump ANY of those names exactly?
nope you got me there , but it they did call him a nazi , .BTW your missing the point. And trump is none of the above.

Workin4it's photo
Mon 09/25/17 09:28 AM

If I might respectfully disagree here without being character assassinated for daring to disagree, or
characterized as 'always' something or another or needing to 'win' something ...

IN MY OPINION-

Actors and entertainers have a job, like any other people in a job, they have events for recognition of achievements, as they should.

Actors and entertainers have a unique privilege and responsibility due to how many people they reach and how many people watch them and they are US Citizens. In this, I am fine with them using that special position to do more than gloat about themselves but to speak to events of the world.

I doubt the emmys will be cancelled because of people not approving anymore than presidential innaugurations or any other 'recognition' based televised events. At most, it will be re thought and 'modernized' to compete with other television shows.
so I guess you would have been alright with the CMT awards to have called Obama a racist , thug, crackhead, or other names I won't use here. Which they didn't. To much class I guess.

Workin4it's photo
Thu 09/21/17 05:32 PM

Just got back from South Korea a month ago visiting my family..... South Koreans doesn't like what Trump is saying about what he's going to do with N. Korea....
we are so used to N. Koreans threaten us over 50 years with their nuclear weapons & we just ignore them.... yes of course South Korean militaries are prepared if something happens between North and South...
for now Trump needs to back off and watch what he's saying......
thanks to Pres. Trumps persistence of pressuring china and his executive order to punish anyone from doing business with N. Korea he has gotten word from the major banks in china along with that governments support they are no longer dealing w/ N. Korea. Hope they're serious, but if they fulfill their promise than you can chalk this one up for mr. Trump. Something the last 3 presidents never accomplished .

Workin4it's photo
Thu 09/21/17 04:31 PM

This is what I mean when I say all Americans are brought up with some racist views. It is either due to associations the media immerses us with that causes conscious and subconscious stereotypes, or associations of certain things to certain cultures or in our educational process and it's tendency to to the same.

This is also what I mean when I say I don't care about personal racism as much as institutional. Much personal racism is simply ignorance and some actually comes from ignorance and good intentions.

I see this as the latter. As Americans we learn to associate foods with cultures so Latinas are associated with Tacos, for example. And the night before this event, Latinos were invited over and INDEED were served tacos WITHOUT the cotton stalk centerpiece, which make me feel the centerpiece choice was more intentional than 'seasonal'.

Because of that I understand the reasons catering decided to serve African Americans 'southern' food. I also understand how ignorant caterers would make the association between cotton and African Americans and not stop to think about how much more offensive that might be than simple food choice, as cotton is not exactly something Africans enjoyed or chose to pick themselves.

I'd say, this was just ignorance without intention of being offensive. I'd also say that ignorance should fade with knowledge. Now that the 'offenders' have been informed, I doubt they will make that choice again in the future.
I agree that most people are racist to a certain degree some are obsessed with a self consuming hate for reasons that only make sense to those people. But sometimes folks are called racist because they assume to know ones actions even though they were not intending to hurt anyone , take for instance about 10 yrs. ago at one of the oldest and still active golf events in n.c. ( the GGO) . Tiger woods one the event and fellow golfer said, well I guess we will be having chicken and watermelon for the event dinner. Now you could say he was a jerk for saying that but it doesn't mean he is a racist and it doesn't mean he didn't like tiger or thought he was inferior which is what most people think when you here someone being called a racist.

Workin4it's photo
Wed 09/20/17 07:30 PM

is Keith Ellison the whole democratic party?

what were these comparisons?

what are anti semantics? and what are this persons alleged 'ties'?

I am democrat but neither Extreme nor vile or void of decency.
Anti-Semitic , to show hostility toward or discriminate against Jews Keith Ellison has ties to Louis Farrakhan , Khalid Mohammed , he was almost the dnc chairman. Not a very hi bar after Debby wasaman shlutz.

Workin4it's photo
Wed 09/20/17 05:33 PM

and this is the face of the woman who might just knows the alternative the best

not sure what your trying to say here but I'm sure she knows the man in the Oval Office is the right person for this job

Workin4it's photo
Wed 09/20/17 05:17 PM
Keith Ellison is comparing our police to nazi brown shirts , and immigrants to Jews in 1943 Germany , saying how we should give them sanctuary . Strange coming fom a person known to have ties with anti - semantics. .has the Democratic Party gotten so extreme and vile that they are void of decency for Any humans that refuse to believe in the same immoral beliefs that they disperse on a daily basis

Workin4it's photo
Wed 09/20/17 04:50 PM

drinker

laugh
this is the face of a true hero for our future , she is warning everyone that the Russians are coming. This coming from someone that was saying for the past 8 years that she want to reset relations and how they could be a ally. A little more than a year ago she was cozing up to Putin now she's warning is how we were attacked by Russia during the election . Maybe we should call her Paula Revere , the Russians are cheating me, the Russians are cheating me. She's getting as senile as Nancy pelosi or that crazy which that wants to impeach anybody that's white.

Workin4it's photo
Tue 09/19/17 08:59 PM
The only answer she could give that would make her seem a little more human would be that she lost because she is so out of touch with the people she depends on and all the dirty laundry she acquired while doing her job

Workin4it's photo
Tue 09/19/17 08:25 PM
Edited by Workin4it on Tue 09/19/17 08:28 PM
No cereal for me bacon, sausage , eggs, hash browns and toast every morning. But no shallow minded drivel .

Workin4it's photo
Tue 09/19/17 08:09 PM

The ATF, I remember when Bill Clinton and Janet Reno killed 100s of men women and children with their asinine plan to get Branch Davidian leader David Karesh for weapons charges by burning the building and everyone in it. No matter if mistakes were made those two are responsible. A major cluster???k. Maybe this one won't get deleted.

[BUZZZZZZ!!!!!] You remember wrong.

That was the FBI who assaulted the compound, and watched it burn to the ground. Not the ATF. At that time, the FBI was run by William Sessions. A Ronald Reagan appointee. Clinton fired him soon after.

Janet Reno gave the order... after that, the survivors said the FBI caused the fire, and the FBI said it was the Davidians that caused it, saying they had stored a bunch of flamable liquids inside...

here's a story about it, from 99...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-really-happened-at-waco/

Sort of. You've exaggerated a bit by stating that Reno "ordered the final assault." According to the information you use as a source, the FBI originated the idea of, the plan for, and the need for the final assault. Reno was told about it and did approve it. But did NOT think it up, or have anything to do with designing the details about it.

Including the information you've presented, there's still no support for blaming ONLY Democrats for that mess.

I'm not defending anyone, myself. As always, I am holding to an actual factual look at events, specifically to AVOID A PARTISAN DISTORTION.

Overall, the mess that was Waco was identical to the mess that was the Jim Jones massacre in Guyana years before. An apocalyptic religious leader purposely led his own people to destruction. Essentially in Waco, it may have been classic "suicide by cop," as opposed to directly forcing everyone to drink poison, but in the end it was the same thing.
you say in the end Waco disaster is the same as Guyana tragedy can you explain how suicide which is what Guyana was about, mass suicide is the same as people getting trapped in a building set on fire by tear gas bombs . I don't understand your logic on this one

Workin4it's photo
Tue 09/19/17 01:35 PM

Just watched Trump address the UN. The kind of leadership we need and the world needs too. Tells it like it is. Trump haters probably won't like it
though...too bad.
What say you?
One word: Reagenesk.

Workin4it's photo
Tue 09/19/17 01:31 PM

Don't watch.
don't worry, never have never will. Life's to short to waste on such crap.